• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Vertiboy

Smash Cadet
We don't need anymore BS with the clones being the same as the original characters in different clothing. No Dr. Mario, Young Link, or Pichu. If we are going to get clones this time around, at least make them someone different. I don't want to see possible clones like Fusion Suit Samus (Zero Suit Samus is fine), Raichu, Cel-Shaded Link, etc. Even if they have a move set similar to someone else, I play the Smash Bros. series to play as a variety of characters, not Mario in a new outfit or Link as a child.

Ganondorf is really the only clone I see as worthy of returning. Maybe it is because he is the only clone from an entirely different series than the original character, or maybe it's because he is the only clone that is drastically different from the original character. No matter what, though, if clones do return, whether they are the same as the Melee clones or completely new clones, they should be different costumes of the original character. The moves should still have the same differences, but there is no need for a clone to take up room on the screen that a character with new moves should occupy.

I know this is a little off topic, but if Ganondorf does return, it is pretty obvious that Final Smash = Ganon.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for clearing that up stryks..... I don't know fire emblem stuff well

What about Falco?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just have to say.. Luigi better return!

I don't think I have anything to worry about, but I will be seriously mad if he doesn't return.

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
I don't want to see clones like Pichu, Young Link, or Doctor Mario. More worthy characters with more orginal movesets deserve a spot on the roster. No offense Dr. Mario users, but you can just use Mario if he doesn't make it in.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
This update is wierd, i say its the starting movie,but people on the other site i am on say its one player
i just want to know what is that thing at the end?

but i don't remember who said it, but ridley def. not a character? i mean he has music already, and there were rumors for him, and he was in the opening of the first one.

ridley is probably like solid snake... a character planned for the first one, but the early release caused alot of characters to get axed.... or turned into clones

ylink isn't coming back, but CSlink wouldn't be a clone, if you think he would be a clone play with some of the items in WW, PH, 4S, or MC, yeah thats right Ezlo could be part of his taunt! ok not really but ezlo should be a trophy or something

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think the monkey robot at the end might be replacing Wireframes. It could be a new opening or a new type of story mode.

I really doubt Ridley will be playable. Can you imagine Kirby sucking him up? Can you imagine any character grabbing him? I wouldn't mind if he was an AT and a boss in story/adventure mode.

44Derek

Smash Rookie
I really hope falco will return, but I heard they were getting rid of most of the doubles like young link, but luigi is definitely returning. Doctor Mario should come back too!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
i just want to know what is that thing at the end?
Yes, that was the best part of the update, who is he?, man, I need to know, it's killing me.

I really hope falco will return, but I heard they were getting rid of most of the doubles like young link, but luigi is definitely returning. Doctor Mario should come back too!
Don't worry, if you just heard they were getting rid of most of the doubles, it's all right, no one knows yet, so don't thinking that their true.

DuoKaizane

Smash Cadet
_8_ days, and this thread has _372_ pages?
Lordy.

"According to the French-based site LiveWii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl director Masashiro Sakurai commented on Japanese radio's "The Gaming Show" about various changes to the game's roster.

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Time to start the guessing game."

-DuoKaizane

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
that sounds alot like the 1-up "update"

that got deleted from their archives, but i do wish it were true with one exception. ICs should come back I think they are really really fun

and ridley probably won't have the same sprite mass as lets say... bowser, and i've seen kirby suck up bowser, but its not like we know anyway, i hope that there are more than 40 characters, i mean we went from 12 to 26, so how about 26 to 50? and not to mention they have had a little bit more time to think things through, playtest and everything. but then again 50 characters could be... rediculously outta hand like marvel capcom 2 where some characters just... suck, ever so badly

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Anyone else up for crashing that 1-up page?
All the n00bs commenting on it is starting to get really annoying now.

Anyway... I think that little evil Chibi-Robo will be the boss of "This World..." if it's a 1Player mode. I'm assuming it will be, and the screenshots are possibly CGs? I mean look at how Kirby enters the match, on a star (or so it appears to be) and that's definitely Meta Knight coming in on the Halberd. Do you suppose every character will have an entrance for that mode of play?

Also, I was right about Zamus being a post-FS.
Suck it dry non-believers.

Nintendude92

Smash Rookie
I don't want to see clones like Pichu, Young Link, or Doctor Mario. More worthy characters with more orginal movesets deserve a spot on the roster. No offense Dr. Mario users, but you can just use Mario if he doesn't make it in.
Well, there is a gap between Dr.M and Mario himself. Like.. Dr.Mario uses his meteor, but instead of hurling you towards the ground, it sends you to the sky. His standard 1,2 and 3 A button attack is a little more stiff as well. But, I prefer Mario anyway.

I agree with those clones needing to be replaced. But, what about clones that deserve a spot? Like Luigi or Ganondorf. I say they need more original moves. Maybe not so much Luigi because he can't get much different anyway.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I'm not sure why they even thought of making Gan a clone of Falcon. Luigi's moveset is fine
My List of Clones I think should come back

Dr.Mario-No
Luigi- Yes
Ganondorf- Yes
Falco- Yes
Young Link-No
Pichu-No
Roy- Yes (But I'm sure alot of people would disagree)

Trilink

Smash Rookie
Ye, souns gd. I like Roy too aside from Link hes ma other main charcter so my list of clones woukd be:

Dr.Mario = No
Luigi = Yes(love his taunt)
Ganondorf = Yes(Should be similar to TP like LInk and Zelda)
Falco = Yes(Ye with some diffo moves)
Young Link = Yes only if he had some diffo moves
Pichu = No
Roy - Yes

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Possibilities of leaving are, Pichu (duh), Roy if Ike and/or Lyn are introduced, Doc might not have enough to offer aside from the adjusted Mario-like moves (that'll suck if he's gone though), young link unless altered dramatically (masks are best bet but unlikely) Windwaker is completely different so doesn't count as an altered young link, game and watch (he's sweet but gay and Wario's kind of replaced him) everyone else is in. These are just good possibilities and it will hurt to see them go for I love playing with them all. There WILL BE the other 20 returning to smash and there is NO reason why they won't. (doubtfully but hopefully one to three of the mention departers as well). After all, melee was based on important characters all the same so most of them should be kept in SSBB.

I will dedicate much of my online smashing to protecting noobs from other pros like myself!
??
Prime will not be in brawl... I just like the picture... Optimus Sucks anyway
I stand by that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Ture though......Scecond thoughts about Roy for I know nothing of FE

Of Course Luigi Falco and Ganon are in..........No question there!

Vertiboy

Smash Cadet
I think that if they bring the clone Luigi back, he should have a few different moves. His A moves should be a little more different than Mario's (I know that they look different, but that is usually the case with the full clones). Maybe they should replace his down B move with something else.

No matter what, though, if Luigi is playable, Mario should have no clones whatsoever. Who did HAL think that they were fooling? "Oh, Luigi has a different side B move than Mario!!! He's not a clone because of that!!!" Whether they acknowledge it or not, Luigi is a Mario clone with one different move, so giving Mario yet another clone in Melee was completely uncalled for.

Honestly, I don't care if Luigi returns or not. It would, however, seem a little weird without Luigi being playable. It would be like a Mario Kart or Mario Party without Luigi. It would feel a little off.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

I think I'll post my opinions here because I feel like it right now.

All original non-clones should return.

Dr. Mario - No. He's just Mario again, and there are not many things that could be changed about him.

Falco- Possibly. Give him a new move set, and you've got me sold, but seeing as it's hard enough for people to think of good Wolf move sets, I kinda doubt it.

Pichu- No. Pichu was interesting, but he's still a variant of Pikachu. A more original character would be better.

Ganondorf- Yes. New move set, as per usual. He has a lot of potential ways to fight, so let's see one of them!

Young Link- No. Well it's just a smaller Link, and… yeah. I'm not to big on the idea of a WW Link but he is possible....though I don't think this counts as this Young Link anyways.

Roy- No. He's apparently not popular, and as his FE6 incarnation didn't lend itself to being a original character, I would have to say he should be dropped.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
La di da~

I think I'll post my opinions here because I feel like it right now.

All original non-clones should return.

Dr. Mario - No. He's just Mario again, and there are not many things that could be changed about him.

Falco- Possibly. Give him a new move set, and you've got me sold, but seeing as it's hard enough for people to think of good Wolf move sets, I kinda doubt it.

Pichu- No. Pichu was interesting, but he's still a variant of Pikachu. A more original character would be better.

Ganondorf- Yes. New move set, as per usual. He has a lot of potential ways to fight, so let's see one of them!

Young Link- No. Well it's just a smaller Link, and… yeah. I'm not to big on the idea of a WW Link but he is possible....though I don't think this counts as this Young Link anyways.

Roy- No. He's apparently not popular, and as his FE6 incarnation didn't lend itself to being a original character, I would have to say he should be dropped.
Thank You!!!!!
I said the exact same thing TWICE and I'm glad there are other people such as yourself that know what you are talking about

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
WW link doesn't count as Young Link but he would be much different form Link and I think they need him in there considering they're removing A Link entirely. Maybe Midna would be fine? Nah...

Falco is definately in.....Remember Fox in ssb64.......Way different than melee
Either Falco or Wolf could have that move set and it's not THAT hard to come up with new tricks

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
I think that if they bring the clone Luigi back, he should have a few different moves. His A moves should be a little more different than Mario's (I know that they look different, but that is usually the case with the full clones). Maybe they should replace his down B move with something else.

No matter what, though, if Luigi is playable, Mario should have no clones whatsoever. Who did HAL think that they were fooling? "Oh, Luigi has a different side B move than Mario!!! He's not a clone because of that!!!" Whether they acknowledge it or not, Luigi is a Mario clone with one different move, so giving Mario yet another clone in Melee was completely uncalled for.

Honestly, I don't care if Luigi returns or not. It would, however, seem a little weird without Luigi being playable. It would be like a Mario Kart or Mario Party without Luigi. It would feel a little off.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!
Luigi isn't close to a clone!!!
The only moves similar are his upA and backA in the air.....His smash down and up are close but work differently and his strong forward A and standard A

His B moves are freakin Wetarded.....

Of course he's coming back!!!!! DUH!

Vilt

Smash Lord
Dr. should come back but as an outfit. Like a hidden character behind Mario. I like the Doc and don't think he should be removed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It's safe to assume that Luigi is going to make the cut. Ganondorf as well should make the cut and hopefully this time they'll either Luigify him or {sigh} totally revamp him. I'm not a fan of the idea of making him a different character because I'm such a fan of his playstyle in Melee, but he really doens't deserve to be a clone of a character from a completely different game either. Especially one from a totally different background/setting/genre. Root of all evil from a fantasy land the same as a bounty hunter from space who races part time?

Que?

@Breakfast:
Edit button is your friend.

JPW

Smash Ace
to go back to my roster suggestion for a second. Sorry i've been working massivley hard this week. Finally up from a 14 hour sleep now.

Young Link suggestion on the roster: for that I was hoping most of you would assume I was talking about Cel shaded link. I think there's no secret that this is Young Link's new look and will continue to be like that, while Adult Link will have that more realistic look and feel.

Mewtwo. I I'm really amazed how many people actually stood up for Mewtwo at the moment, all I hear is crap about how he's too slow, and hard to control, and that Lucario should take his place. Personally I don't mind if Mewtwo stays or goes.

My AT's I've had a time to revise them.
King Deedee I want him to be in. But we already got Metaknight. So getting another Kirby enemy could work out, but I really don't know how to take it yet.
Wolf, I want him to be in too, but I already felt Fox, Falco and Krystal were definites. And Starfox having 4 could be playing favourites a bit. Especially when some of the other franchises do still do better than Starfox today.
Olimar I just don't like him, he hasn't had a game in ages. That being said I feel he could be a pretty unique character though, but i'm sorry.
Toad: I still reckon he's got the best seat in Melee and that shouldn't be taken away from him. "He's in Peach's dress." Toad be an awesome character, but he really is a minor character when it comes to Mario games I feel, and that could set him back. I reckon Toad could certainly be a Liu Kang, Kicks and all, probably throw in a enziguiri but is he really ready for the big time. He was a Sidekick for Mario Strikers.

I noticed Luigi is getting mentioned a bit, and I'm going for a new look for Luigi, and I really want that Vacuum Cleaner to play a big part.

Anyway with the update I do see a few hits and definite possiblities coming out, I am so trying to find a reference to Sonic but I doubt it's there. And i'm just thinking as somew people seem to be seeing Master Hand in there, how cool would it be if Master Hand joined the Roster. Then again he would have to be cut down to sie, and it could ruin Smash Bros. forever.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Olimar I just don't like him, he hasn't had a game in ages.
Not being in a game in ages is not an excuse not to be in Brawl. Pit hasn't been in a game since the early 90's, yet he made it to Brawl. With that said, he has a chance. I don't really care if he makes it in though. I'm just stating not being in a game in a while can't be a reason not to be in Brawl.

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Personally everyone i think everyone should return! I mean why do you have to kick characters out like G@W who was awesome keep him and ice climbers can stay for sure! Its not like Sakuria has to have the same amount of characters as melee so he has to get rid of some NO!! You can keep ALL of them! Its not like the clones have to stay clones! They can have new moves! They can be redone im sure of it! why kick pichu out pichu is a great character just change the moves a little luigify all the characters whatever! I just wanna say that all past characters deserve to have a place in ssb!

Trilink

Smash Rookie
Ye i agree wiv ya Jason they should keep all the clones as long as they give them diffo movesets then it should be fine. This would also stop all the complaining thats going on for less popular charcters like pichu.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ummmm...n00b guys, if they kept the clones then gave them different movesets, THEY WOULDN'T BE CLONES! Really, I am not a mod or anything but think before you post, that was the stupidest post ever.

Top Bottom