• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

zaximus78

Smash Rookie
i have seen abunch a chars who are goin to return on smash bros DOJO

i am hopin yoshi returns cuz if it was me i would have already announced yoshi by now

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Consider this, and the fact that he was in both previous SSB and is one of Nintendo's most well-known characters, it's pretty much decided that Yoshi is coming back. He needs something other than that egg rolly-thing, or maybe just that with a higher priority.

On a side note, I hope that, instead of random colors, that Nintendo gives the characters alternate suits that are from the games. I'd love to play Samus in a Phazon Suit :D.
That would own..

Megaman EXE for Megaman
Roy for Marth
Maskless META KNIGHT OMG
Shadow for Sonic

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'll add more to that list:

Baby Mario for Mario and the same for Luigi but with Baby Luigi

Boshi for Yoshi

Pichu/Raichu for Pikachu
I see issues with this one.

As well as a slight problem with the Pichu/Raichu for Pikachu one. Aside from size problems, hearing the announcer say "Pikachu", when you're clearly looking at Pichu or Raichu would be awkward.

Although a Raichu costume change might help make Pikachu one of my mains.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I'm back! I got the updates now and this what I think of them:

Dr. Wright: YES! Dr. Wright's gonna be character! Oh he's an assist trophy...
Bumper: That'll be fun to use...
DK: Bout time they confirmed him
Release Date: Can't wait now...
Smashville: This confirms an Animal Crossing Character

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
How does Smashville confirm an Animal Crossing being playable anyways? Just because they never had a stage without a character, doesn't mean they won't do that now.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I'm back! I got the updates now and this what I think of them.
Smashville: This confirms an Animal Crossing Character
Nah, Animal Crossing is so danm big they just got to make a stage of it, people has need saying that their will be a Animal Crossing Character, I've said this before, but I just can't see this happying, but it would be good seeing Tom Nook fighting, that will be cool.

roy_owns, I see your back, good to see you.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
There'll be an AC character for sure, how do I know this you ask? well, look at the first update this week with Dr. Wright, he has a Smash symbol beside his name while Smashville has an AC symbol

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There'll be an AC character for sure, how do I know this you ask? well, look at the first update this week with Dr. Wright, he has a Smash symbol beside his name while Smashville has an AC symbol
Difference: Dr. Wright is an item; Smashville is a stage.

Stages are more important. Important enough for a symbol.

Sure, an AC character could be in, but there's really nothing solid to back up the idea. Don't jump to conclusions.

darklinklostinwar

Smash Rookie
removing NESS would be horrible, he was an original character!! although i do agree that he sucked in melee, which is why they should spend alot of time and fix him, they fixed pikachu in melee so why can't they do the same with NESS?

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
i dunno...maybe cuz they dont like ness as much as fox, or even dk.

i have news tho. sakurai told me,"Yoshi is not confirmed because Nintendo does not have a new Yoshi design." JUST KIDDING! theyre still making the characters, so only the completed ones are confirmed. THATS what he told me.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And why would Sakurai tell you those personally? For all we know, the game could've been done and they could be checking for glitches.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Difference: Dr. Wright is an item; Smashville is a stage.

Stages are more important. Important enough for a symbol.

Sure, an AC character could be in, but there's really nothing solid to back up the idea. Don't jump to conclusions.
Yeah no wonder Final destination has his own symbol and not the smash one...
Wait...

Look wright has the smash symbol being an item yet he aint a character made for smash like the wireframes and master hand...
now look at goroh, he too is an item, but has the Falcon symbol, why? cause Falcon will surely get in smash, being in the last 2 games and being the most famous character of the f zero series...

Now look at the AC stage, it COULD have the melee symbol, like wright, but no it has its OWN symbol, why? why make a symbol JUST for a stage, reason: were gettin at least ONE ac character in smash... thats my 2 cents anyway...

god im agreeing with roy_owns... weird...

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
Link, Fox, Mario, Samus, DK, Kirby, Bowser, Pikachu and Zelda for sure, then I think They will Keep C. Falcon, Ness, Falco, Luigi, Shiek, and Mewtwo.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I knew this'd happen. Now we'll be stuck in this discussion till we get an update that isn't ****.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
My Guesstimate:

Replaced
- Marth & Roy for Ike
- Young Link changed to WW style

Removed
- Doc Mario
- Pichu
- Shiek
- Ice Climbers
- G&W

I do think that all prior PC Smash Characters that got the booth will return in AT form.

Wrath`

Smash Master
well rroy_owns, lucario could still replace him.

I think(but i have always been wrong aabout this) C. falcon is the next update. They wouldnt make him secret like they did in ssb, right?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
The ones from Melee I have doubts:

Ice Climbers
Young Link
Mewtwo
Falco

The ones I'm betting won't come back:
Mr. Game and Watch
Dr. Mario
Marth
Roy

And I'm sure won't come back:
Pichu

Besides that, I'm hoping Ganondorf gets reworked from the ground up.

Led

Smash Rookie
falco will probley be the only other rip-off character to return. I hope ganondorf returns with some new attacks not based on Cap Falcon that uses his sword

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I think they should all return. Cutting any one of them will make a large group of people very unhappy. Plus they all have a right to be in it, even Pichu, because they worked hard in Melee.

If any one of the originals doesn't return, I won't be buying it. They've already got me stretched to breaking point with this inclusion of Snake nonsense.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think they should all return. Cutting any one of them will make a large group of people very unhappy. Plus they all have a right to be in it, even Pichu, because they worked hard in Melee.

If any one of the originals doesn't return, I won't be buying it. They've already got me stretched to breaking point with this inclusion of Snake nonsense.
That's...kind of immature of you....

You'd honestly sit there in front of your Wii, NOT playing Brawl, if Sakurai was like "......Nah, no one needs Yoshi". I mean I know even Yoshi has fans, but yikes.

Midna

Smash Apprentice
I said if there was no Pikachu I wouldn't buy it. I guess him being top tier in the old one explains my abnormal good skills with him there, but Melee...
since the rat was confirmed (I'll probably take up Mario if Doc leaves, and I'm definately playing Fox. Falco or not) I'm buying it.
anyways,
1. MY CONCERNS:
Falco, Doc

2. MY "I THINK THEY'RE OUT"
Sheik, YLink, Pichu, Roy, Doc (ish)

3. MY "I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE OUT"
Yoshi, Peach, all of #2 except Doc

4. MY "I WANT THEM OUT" list
nobody. I'm not stupid.

Top Bottom