• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
falco will probley be the only other rip-off character to return. I hope ganondorf returns with some new attacks not based on Cap Falcon that uses his sword
Okay let me re-cap here first. How the F**K is Falco a rip-off character? Please do tell me this.
Also, everyone wants Ganondorf with the Sages Sword and his C.Falcon clone, though did not make sense, was actually very good. I am almost 100% like everyone else that Ganondorf will have his sword.

I think they should all return. Cutting any one of them will make a large group of people very unhappy. Plus they all have a right to be in it, even Pichu, because they worked hard in Melee.

If any one of the originals doesn't return, I won't be buying it. They've already got me stretched to breaking point with this inclusion of Snake nonsense.

Of course we all think the original starters should return. We already have 7 of them so it is likely. Melee though, don't get your hopes up at all. Sakurai already stated not everyone is returning so thats that. Pichu has no right by the way, he sucks.

First off, if you don't by the game because all originals don't return then your a ******. That is a stupid reason and that means your not a true fan. Of course someone will be disappointed if all of them aren't in, like me, but live with it. Chances are you don't even use the character so don't cry about it. And Snake was a great thing. Where do you get nonsense? He opened it up for third party hopefulls that you may want and judging by your post, you probably want Sonic.

That's...kind of immature of you....

You'd honestly sit there in front of your Wii, NOT playing Brawl, if Sakurai was like "......Nah, no one needs Yoshi". I mean I know even Yoshi has fans, but yikes.
It is not immature of him, he is obviously just stupid. He probably won't even use the character and he doesn't buy the game. Not a true smash fan apparently and don't say you are, just look at your post for proof.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It is not immature of him, he is obviously just stupid. He probably won't even use the character and he doesn't buy the game. Not a true smash fan apparently and don't say you are, just look at your post for proof.
Was this part supposed to be a stab at me? I never even implied that I was a "true" Smash fan. I'm a casual-fan-who-plays-a-lot at best.

But out of curiosity, what about my post proves I'm not a "true" fan?

EDIT: Got your PM. Neva'mind.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
We all know the orignal 8 combatants will return, as we have seen on the site, all we need is Yoshi, but his music and stage pretty much confirm him anyway.
I think Captain F, Jiggles, Ness and Luigi will also obviously return.

But with Melee I have some doubts.
I think all of them will return but the following:

* Marth
He's a bit dated now, and seeing as Sakurai doesn't want as much emphasis on Japan only characters, Marth shouldn't be in the game, even moreso that we now have Roy as well, who's a clone, and Sakurai also wants to get rid of those too.
Though the two have their differences, Roy has became increasinly popular, especially as he appeared in a Fire Emblem game that was released in English speaking countries in recent years.

* Pichu
Another clone, and a potentially bad one. Pichu is pretty much useless, cute, yet powerful, but he damages himself. Not only do we have Pikachu, who is more popular, Pichu is two generations old now, and we will no doubt be seeing a few more Pokemon being added to Brawl. Pichu is obsolete, and four is a lot to represent a game as it is.
Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Pikachu, plus a few more, perhaps Lucario/Blaziken, would be better.

* Sheik
As much as I hate to admit it, there's been a lot of doubt over her appearances in Brawl, due to Twilight Princess models being used in Brawl for Link and Zelda, and that Sheik hasn't appeared since OoT on the N64. She's my favourite character, and 50% of me says she won't appear, but 50% of me says she will.
We'll have to wait and see, because she's the best IMO.

As for the other clones, I think they'll be sure to re-appear, but with a different 'flavour', as Sakurai said.
Falco i'm guessing will be given some sort of moveset different to Fox's.

Only time will tell I guess

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Though the two have their differences, Roy has became increasinly popular, especially as he appeared in a Fire Emblem game that was released in English speaking countries in recent years.
Yeah, as a 5 second cameo at the end of the game that is easily overlooked. Besides that, Roy hasn't appeared in an FE game outside japan, and I still don't think he's deemed as popular amongst other Japan only lords such as Marth, Sigurd and Celice.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik is a stand-alone character this time around. She is one of the most popular.

I have two questions:
1. When did Sakurai say he doesn't like clones?
2. When did Sakurai say not everyone would be back?

I don't recall those tidbits.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Oh there somewhere, in several interviews or statements from him.
I don't have the sources, i've been linked to them on Brawl topics on other forums, but AFAIK, he's dropping some.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i hate that hes dropping some characters, some of the drop characters mentioned r some of my favorites. Roy, pichu, game and watch. its kind of annoying. but they better keep jigglypuff thats my ownage character that owns everyone. but thats off topic,

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik is a stand-alone character this time around. She is one of the most popular.

I have two questions:
1. When did Sakurai say he doesn't like clones?
2. When did Sakurai say not everyone would be back?

I don't recall those tidbits.
i can 100% guarantee you he said that not everyone will return from melee...although i dont know if anyone can find the original source anymore, this was said months ago. i dont recall him saying he doesnt like clones, but the majority of melee players see them as a waste, if the majority of melee players affect sakurai's descisions at all.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Character they should replace
1. Pichu to Lucario
2. Game & Watch to Diddy Kong
3. Doc to Toad
4. Ness to Lucas

... that's all I can really think of

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Character they should replace
1. Pichu to Lucario
2. Game & Watch to Diddy Kong
3. Doc to Toad
4. Ness to Lucas

... that's all I can really think of

the only problem with the ness one is that ness is part of the origianls and they wont be getting rid of him. But game and watch and pichu rock they shouldnt get rid of them but atleast u support roy.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I think that Falco will Return (I think the reflector may stay though, but that is it) he should be mostly unified, DK is in and always would be he is one of the original SBs. Dr. Mario as a Costume, that I do not mind. I agree with Gannondorf having a new move-set that is a must. I do think though, we may end up seeing some newcomers we will not expect, nintendo has the habit of doing it. Ness is an original so he will have to say, ZS Samus is an ability thanks to the new Final Smash "Item". I suspect Roy and Marth were only promotional Characters of the game and are likly not to return. all opinions asside I agree that Dr. Mario (as a character) should not return. I also am unsure of younge-link because he only has one more that is slightly different, it was that his arrows were different. One other thing is I want Gannondorf to have a Final Smash of playing as Ganon, for Ganon has been prevelant thoughout the whole Zelda series, even starting from game one, he is even in twilight princess I believe.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I think that Falco will Return (I think the reflector may stay though, but that is it) he should be mostly unified, DK is in and always would be he is one of the original SBs. Dr. Mario as a Costume, that I do not mind. I agree with Gannondorf having a new move-set that is a must. I do think though, we may end up seeing some newcomers we will not expect, nintendo has the habit of doing it. Ness is an original so he will have to say, ZS Samus is an ability thanks to the new Final Smash "Item". I suspect Roy and Marth were only promotional Characters of the game and are likly not to return. all opinions asside I agree that Dr. Mario (as a character) should not return. I also am unsure of younge-link because he only has one more that is slightly different, it was that his arrows were different. One other thing is I want Gannondorf to have a Final Smash of playing as Ganon, for Ganon has been prevelant thoughout the whole Zelda series, even starting from game one, he is even in twilight princess I believe.
yeah ganon was in twilight princess and man he was hard to beat, but anyway he would be awesome to play

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Okay, in case there was anyone else who hadn't seen it, I found where Sakurai said not every one will come back here.

Man, that's disheartening.

Game and Watch better be back!!

Also, Luigi not being in would be absolutely silly. He's freakin' Luigi!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Luigi, is an original SB, the chances are low of him leaving...He's a major character there is not many reasons for taking him away, after all he has now been showcased in Luigi's Mansion and other games (older sadly). Though that would make sense. Bowser has made it and so has GigaBowser (Final Smash). Also he said available, who knows we could see them as Assist Trophies that would be nice to have Ridley or someone else being invincable and able to help you out.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I expect that all 12 from the original Smash Bros. will return. I'm sure that will happen and that i'm sorry if someone has posted this over and over. I will put some status on the original 12.

Mario: Confirmed since start
Luigi: Very likely to return. (Hopefully even more Luigified!)
Link: Confirmed since start
Kirby: Confirmed since start
Ness: Very likely to return
Samus: Confimed since start
Pikachu: Confirmed since start
Yoshi: Semi-confirmed (Stage + Egg Symbol + Music = Yoshi in Brawl)
Fox: Confirmed (Just a little off start)
Jigglypuff: Very Likely to return ( I Wish she would be removed, but most likelibility. She'll be Back)
Donkey Kong: Confirmed recently
Captain Falcon: Semi-confirmed (Samurai Goroh had Falcon symbol at the top)

That leaves 7/12 characters revealed from the original. I wouldn't think they would just remove the 5 others. All characters will be back or i'm a monkey's uncle. Many characters are already pretty much confirmed and the only ones not discussed much is Jigglypuff & Ness.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Possibilities of leaving are, Pichu (duh), Roy if Ike and/or Lyn are introduced, Doc might not have enough to offer aside from the adjusted Mario-like moves (that'll suck if he's gone though), young link unless altered dramatically (masks are best bet but unlikely) Windwaker is completely different so doesn't count as an altered young link, game and watch (he's sweet but gay and Wario's kind of replaced him) everyone else is in. These are just good possibilities and it will hurt to see them go for I love playing with them all. There WILL BE the other 20 returning to smash and there is NO reason why they won't. (doubtfully but hopefully one to three of the mention departers as well). After all, melee was based on important characters all the same so most of them should be kept in SSBB.

I will dedicate much of my online smashing to protecting noobs from other pros like myself!
??
Prime will not be in brawl... I just like the picture... Optimus Sucks anyway

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Got proof?
i am going to have to agree with roy owns on this. shiek probably isn't coming back and as far as sakurai saying that not all the characters would return, that was in interviews that came out at tokyo game show last year and from e3 interviews last year.

but you do have a point, we won't know until we know. sakurai isn't going to come out and be like "shiek is not coming back!" so we'll wait, but i think she isn't returning, agreeing with roy owns

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Got proof?
Zelda is in her TP form, and because Sheik wasn't in TP she won't be available as part of Zelda.
Some more proof, Link, and Zelda are in TP form as well as the Bridge of Eldin which is from TP.
The only thing to back you up is the OOT Music clip

Nintendo has moved on, from OOT to TP and there's no denying it.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Look through some of my posts I made yesterday, Smash Bros doesn't have to be up to date, it's about the history of Nintendo, not just the currenr gen.
Sheik's insanely popular, it'd be stupid to scrap her because of that, it's still Zelda for God's sakes.

JPW

Smash Ace
I think i've worked a pretty good guess at the roster now. There's only 4 m,onths to go for america and if the hope to reveal everything, that Smash Bros. come could be pushing the limit soon.

Or doing doubles a day soon for that matter. $ months isn't a long time when you eventually think about it.

Anyway I would like to start my won thread with this suggest and get different thoughts and voice why I i think they would be be in and not be in, but I got the fear of getting it locked.

Anyway here's my roster updated.

With top 5 assist picks.

35 Characters
20 Veterans, 12 Newcomers, 3 Guests

Veterans

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
DK

Unconfirmed Possible(and some definite) Veterans
Yoshi
Falcon
Luigi
Peach
Gannondorf
Jigglypuff
Falco
Marth
Ness
Yg. Link(last minute choice for me)
Ice Climbers(last minute choice for me)

Confirmed Newcomers:
Zero Suit Samus(this is actually said to part of Smaus, but I feel it should probably still be mentioned as newcomer material.
Pit
Wario
Metaknight

Unconfirmed Newcomers
Ike
Lucario
Tom Nook(Animal Crossing Push)
Krystal
Ridley
Diddy Kong
Black Shadow(last Minute Guess, don't let falcon be on his own)
Miciah(To be fair on the FE series. I feel 3 is better than 2. and there is a FE stage this time, and it is getting popular and Miciah could promote FE10, probably be dropped at last minute though.)

Guests:
Snake(confirmed
Sonic(Uncomfirmed, the running favourite however)
Megaman(UnConfirmed but a likely pick)

Big Assist trophies(top 5, who wont make the cut no matter how much you want them too)
1. King Deedee
2. Waluigi
3. Captain Olimar
4. Wolf o' Donnell
5. Toad

Cuts:
Pichu
Mewtwo
Roy
Game and Watch
Dr. Mario

For FE series if Miciah doesn't get picked I have recently been trying to push an idea of a Marth and Roy duo, due to their popularity in Melee. However I can't think of a good a good way to differentitate them or expalin the advantage to other.For one way I was thinking of Marth turning into Roy but that doesn't make sense. Or I was thinking of Roy being like a secondary to Marth. Where Marth might call on Roy to help him a do a double move works like the IC, only there's no string.
I just don't want Ike to be on his own, especially when there were 2 FE characters in Melee it just be weird to go from two to one, especially when there's a FE stage. Then again Falcon has been on his own along with Samus.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
My list of problems with JPW posts

1. You think YLink's coming?
2. You forgot Snake
3. DDD, Cptn. Olimar, Wolf, and Toad should be playable
4. HOW DARE YOU SAY MEWTWO WILL GET THE AXE!

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon, and you can't just change that. they'll bring him back i think, and yeah DDD should be playable, period, and i don't think ylink is coming either

but good theory overall JPW, you nail it on the head i think

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if Marth or Roy got the axe in favor of more contemporary Fire Emblem heroes.

Same kind of goes for MewTwo, I think.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1. King Deedee
2. Waluigi
3. Captain Olimar
4. Wolf o' Donnell
5. Toad

Ur ATs fail, DEDEDE is a show in, on the top five and sakurais own creation, toad maybe, Olimar is too unique and should be on the roster, Wolf an AT? Have u no shame?! waluigi is an AT shoe in...

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
That is pretty funny.... almost sad.... and Mewtwo is totally in, no offense but that's a no brainer.

Sheik will probably return. It would be nice if Zelda was free to use her own down B but either way sheik would be great again. Maybe this final smash thing they've thrown in will have a bigger impact than we think.

I still think Y.Link will be out unless he's altered COMPLETELY!!

Nook no, Ridley no, good AT addition though, Waluigi meh but AT is fine....

Dedeed, Olimar and Toad deserve it as much as anyone and Wolf does too. Even if it is hard to make him unique from his relatives (Fox, Falco possibly Krystal) they should try to add him.

Wolf would be cool too but...I don't like him HA! I will like him if he's in but until then I don't care. He'll probably be playable.

((((((((((((((((( Question For Everyone Who Would Know Better: )))))))))))))))
If Marth and Roy are both returning... (I personally think Roy's out) Would Ike and Lyn be too much? (Or Hector)

Seriously

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Breakfast

I doubt Lyn is in really, maybe the white hair girl from goddes of dawn would work, she brings magic to the battlefield and so far she would be the most unique within the FE roster, also seeing how he has apepared in 2 games, is Ikes nemesis and is playable in goddess of dawn, Black knight may get in, obcourse Ike has to go in 1st...

Top Bottom