• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
i know know what you mean by the style thing like i used to use link but then i relized that i only used his spin attack to hurt the opponent so i started useing marth and now i atleast use all his attacks in one match

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
The tier list is there to say who has more good qualities. The tier list can change, and it shouldn't be something that judges people's decisions on who they choose to use. If I have an easier time using Pichu over Fox, then I'll use Pichu. It's not much easier for a top tier to beat a low tier. It totally depends on the players' skills with whatever character they are using. I could lose to someone using a high tier character, but win with a low tier character (and that has actually happened). A player should choose their character based on their style.
Well I think that if you train to the max with a low and high tier, the high tier one will come out on top. I really like the tier list.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ness does not suck. If he really does, list some reasons why he sucks. PK Thunder can be used in different ways. PK Flash usually isn't used, but there are some cases where it is (like maybe edge guarding if you get enough time to charge it). His aerials are pretty good, and he has some good throws.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah, i lost to a jpuff with ness. ness was not that good,but i still like to play as him. Lets hope lucas does not replace ness in brawl

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Agreed. Ness should come back into the fray, boosted back to his former glory. IMO, putting him back to where he was in SSB64 wouldn't make him imbalanced because there are so many characters to counter him in every way.

As for Lucas... bring 'im on into the mix! No offense to Ness (I loved you in SSB64! You're still my dawg!), but he's outdated now. Ness is Earthbound/Mother 2, while Lucas is Mother 3. You need to take the old with the new and have one bad Mother team! ("bad" as in "good", not "bad" as in "bad")

flaco

The Terminator
Also what about kirby andyoshi are they comming back or they were taking out I think yoshi should be out and kirby should be in cuz yoshi is too old school

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ummm... (smashbros.com) Check it out, it's a fun site.

Kirby's in. Yoshi, so far, isn't. Yoshi is semi-confirmed, however. We have his stage, some music, and we've seen his icon. Same goes with Captain Falcon. We've seen Samurai Goroh and his icon. If they put Samurai Goroh, a secondary villain in the F-Zero series who will play an AT, over Captain Falcon, the star of the F-Zero series and a playable character for two games so far, people will be PISSED!

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
lol that is so tru but i wonder how much different Ganondorf and Cap will be this time also if Krystal will come and whoop *** with her staff or if falco will stay or will wolf come and take his play

ok now i need one thing then i can just go out and get the **** thang I NEED A WII!!!!!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Is a Wii still hard to come by? It's been a while, I'm surprised they're still not stocked en mass. Here's the story of how I got mine (for all of those who care):

1) I put a Wii on reserve at my local Coconuts (now FYE) a year in advance
2) Waited
3) Waited
4) ...Waited
5) Date of realease! :) I SPRINT down to Coconuts, only to find that they havn't come yet :( I return home defeated
6) Waited
7) Checked in at Coconuts 2 days later. They came in! :) But there were only 6 and I was number 11 on their list :(
8) Waited
9) ... Waited
10) WAITED :mad:
11) Phone call from my aunt: "So, I hear you wanted a Wii? Well it just so happens that I bought one for your cousin. He didn't want it, and I was just going to sell it on eBay, but I think it would be nicer of me to just sell it to you since you're such a great kid! Come on down with $300 and I'll sell you it with an extra controller and a memory stick!"
12) Went down the next day, which will forever be remembered as the single happiest day of my life
13) Drove back to my house at break-neck speed and played Zelda until the sun came up the next day

Only took me 9 days to get it, and it was well worth the wait!

Now you may be wondering, what ever did I do with that reserved Wii? Well, it just so happens that my friend wanted one bad, so I sold him my reserve. He waited 3 weeks for it to be put in stock at Coconuts. They never did, he got pissed and sold it back to me. I accepted, and sold it to my cousin the next day (the same cousin) who now wanted one after playing it at my house. The next day, I get a call from Coconuts saying they have it in stock. I immediately call my friend, and LMAO at him for being an impatient loser. He didn't end up getting a Wii until 2 months later.

THE END

Now let's get back on topic!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
To the Ness-Lucas stuff above, did anyone consider Lucas just becoming and Assist Trophie. Ness is the veteran of Smash, better than Lucas(I think Ness is way more uber), and that would be dropping a big character right there. Also, where the **** is the Earthbound sequel?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!!1!!!11!!!!ONE
How can this be. Mother 3 and the others betrayed us. Give U.S. a sequel!

Now that that is over, I do in fact know Lucas has a twin Robot-Human(cyborg)brother but that doesn't necassarily means both will be in. Now I know Sakurai wanted Lucas in Melee(obliviously never happened)so that may highten his chances but I see both in because I wouldn't want Ness and Poo(Ha!)over Ness and Lucas.

flaco

The Terminator
Ummm... (smashbros.com) Check it out, it's a fun site.

Kirby's in. Yoshi, so far, isn't. Yoshi is semi-confirmed, however. We have his stage, some music, and we've seen his icon. Same goes with Captain Falcon. We've seen Samurai Goroh and his icon. If they put Samurai Goroh, a secondary villain in the F-Zero series who will play an AT, over Captain Falcon, the star of the F-Zero series and a playable character for two games so far, people will be PISSED!
I hope they don't take out captain falcon cuz g regulate uses him and g regulate will be pissed if they take him out.G regulate is a good player with capt falcon.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I second those motions:

A) Engli-size Mother and Mother3 and bring them to the states
B) Keep Ness, but also bring Lucas
C) Poo is a funny word

Does anyone third these motions?
*raises hand*

I think we only need two Mother characters in Brawl, and only one should be from Earthbound: Ness and Lucas should be those two. As much as I'd love to have Ana from Mother.. I don't really think there's much of a chance for that, although she'd be actually pretty awesome. =P

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Also what about kirby andyoshi are they comming back or they were taking out I think yoshi should be out and kirby should be in cuz yoshi is too old school

what? too old school???/

then get rid of mario, link, samus, peach, luigi, donkey kong, bowser, pit and probably a bunch more characters that are older. smash is old school man just revitalized.

how come no mention of IC's? they are old school, and so is a bunch

Wrath`

Smash Master
Poo would be cool, i mean an actual karate dude in brawl.
Lucas, who know what hte plans are. So i think the next confermed starter will be somone from the fox or pokemon series. so i say jpuff or falco could be a stater character and not an unlockible. But i want to see captian falcon

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
the ones returning for sure are:
Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Zelda
Samus
Bowser
Link

Check the site !!Smashbros!!
That is where they announced Sheik and Bowser Returning.

Some characters are showing up as an item(assist trophies) such as Samurai Goro and Hammer Bros.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Has it come to the point where people refer to Zelda/Shiek as simply Shiek now, eclipsing poor Zelda even more >.>

And I'm surprised that for the whole time that sites been up you thought that no one, on this forum focused entirely on the upcoming smash game, had picked up on it yet.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
the ones returning for sure are:
Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Zelda
Samus
Bowser
Link

Check the site !!Smashbros!!
That is where they announced Sheik and Bowser Returning.

Some characters are showing up as an item(assist trophies) such as Samurai Goro and Hammer Bros.

I know you are a n00b and all here but come on, you probably learned about that site from us.(just asuming, don't get mad over it)
Second, we are not stupid(I know you didn't say we were)
Third, no Sheik is confirmed. Zelda does not = Sheik.
Fourth, why in the world did you update us with stuff discussed to death and being the fact that it is old? Nothing against you but that was a pointless post.

Stryks

Smash Hero
like i said nintendo said all characters from the original smasb bros will be in brawl
That is 100% BS, give us a link to info, otherwise u aint gonna get a lot a reputation or respect if u keep bringing up BS, and BTW NEVER post the celda, ridley and hammer bro rumor EVER!

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
ok sorry ive just seen alot of people type that stuff

and i belive the ridley thing but i dont belive the celda and hammer bros thing

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
i dont like the tire list cause any player could take the lowest character and beat the highest character if they just take the time to practice with the lowest character
yeah the tier just means that most people would rather practice to master fox that practice five times as much to master an electric rat that hurts itself when it uses electric attacks that doesn't mean it's impossible to kick *** with pichu it just means most people aint good or patient enough to go through all that trouble (or cute little electric rats just aint their style)

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
what im saying is like marth and roy should be in the same tier then cause if you look at marth and roys stats roy would acually be in front of marth cause roy is more powerful

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
i said i (dont) beleve the hammer bros thing cause if you read the second line it says

i beleve the ridley thing but DON'T beleve the celda and hammer bros thing

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
what im saying is like marth and roy should be in the same tier then cause if you look at marth and roys stats roy would acually be in front of marth cause roy is more powerful
Just because Roy has stronger moves doesn't mean he's better. Marth is much faster, his tipper has good knockback, his counter lasts longer, and better potential in a lot of areas. Roy just has power going for him over Marth, plus the fact that his counter does double the damage of whatever move is used against him. There's probably a lot more to them than I know about because I don't main them.

I'm the type of person who enjoys playing as a random character most of the time, just that I prefer playing as low tier because it makes me feel like I accomplished something when I beat someone using a high tier by playing as low tier. That's one of the reasons Pichu became my main. Plus I love his style. I use his quickness and small size to dodge some attacks while attacking. Mewtwo had been a character I wanted to play as since I found out he was in Melee, and he continues to be one of my mains today. He plays differently from most characters, which is something I like about him. I also love playing as Ness even though he isn't as good in Melee as he was in the original. That doesn't mean I refuse to play with higher tier characters. I'll use them once in a while, but I just have more fun with Pichu, Mewtwo, and Ness.

I still have hopes for Mewtwo and Ness returning. Pichu...I had hopes for until they revealed Volt Tackle to be Pikachu's final smash. However, if Pichu doesn't return, I will continue to play Melee once in a while just to play as Pichu.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
yeah the tier just means that most people would rather practice to master fox that practice five times as much to master an electric rat that hurts itself when it uses electric attacks that doesn't mean it's impossible to kick *** with pichu it just means most people aint good or patient enough to go through all that trouble (or cute little electric rats just aint their style)

Well what does that say about most people? Not everyone is a Fox main. I'll admit I used to be but then I realized everyone plays Fox and in order to be a good Fox you have to beat lots of other Foxes as well as other pro's characters so I just said screw it and put him in the backburner.

I'm now somewhere between mainly Marth or Mario but I'll probably go with Mario.

Anyway, it's not our fault if people choose to sell out to the tier list the only thing that can be done is to balance the game but that still won't stop people from selling out.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I love playing with all characters really, the only exception to that is that I can't stand playing with Zelda or Ness. It's not that they're generally bad characters, it's just that I havn't mastered their technique potential yet and I hate to lose.

I don't mind playing as Pichu, because I'm familiar with the moveset and I know he's faster and stronger than Pikachu, you just have to know how to use him right. Same can be said about any character, you just have to know how to use them right. I started maining Bowser yesterday, I beat lvl9 computers no problem now so I guess I'm using him right. I just have to get one of my better friends over soon so I can test my skill on a real live human.

Top Bottom