• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
You got that right, but Shiek WILL return. That's y ppl like me love Zelda.(Shes my main) Because she can turn into Shiek at will. If he dosent return, but he WILL(think positive), many ppl wont play Zelda, which would be a waste of a character slot. Im gonna main her and ganon again, not Shiek. And beware, nOObs, of my Zelda. You've been warned.
People will play Zelda IF they make her a decent character, able to hang with the big boys. One of my friends is able to play a pretty good Zelda. He's not the best Zelda out there probably, and he doesn't win unless I'm playing my 4th best and down, but the fact is Zelda can still be a good character.

And Sheik... I don't know... I'm scared actually as to whether she'll return or not. Zelda is in her TP look, the only reasonable idea I can make is to have Sheik as an alternate character. Making a TP version of Sheik, though totally kickass, wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. She wasn't in the game and it's not Sakurai's right to make such an inclusion in the Zelda franchise or any franchise other than Kirby's (since he was the creator of it).

Maybe they could have a Ganondorf controlled version of Zelda transformation as her dB. Give her all of Sheik's moves but don't make her Sheik, make her "Scary Demon Zelda".

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It'd be interesting if, instead of nerfing Shiek, they buffed her and put her into Brawl, but as Zelda's Final Smash. Collecting a smash ball would allow Zelda to "unleash the beast" for a brief time, much like Bowser and most likely Gannondorf will be doing already. So, for about thirty seconds, you get a buffed Shiek to use and kick arse with, then you transform back into plain old Zelda.

I'm thinking that the Smash Ball will be more of an exclusive item. In other words, it will be impossible for more than one to be present on-screen at the same time. I've got absolutely no basis for thinking this other than the fact that it seems logical, so don't hold me to it.

Did anyone take a close look at that picture from today's update carefully? First off, Dyce was absolutely right, the pattern of great-great-bad continues again this week. BOWSER!->Giga Bowser!!->You can perform smash attacks!? Anyway, look at the picture with Zamus and Link in it (last picture on the update). Considering that the entire update lead up to "how do you perform a Smash attack", one would assume that Sakurai would conclude with demonstrations of Smash attacks, as is seen with Mario's Fsmash. We are then shown Zamus vs Link. Zamus appears to be using her gun as a means of attacking, and it looks like Link is about to deflect her blast with his sword. I assume that this picture implies two things: first is that one of Zamus' smash attacks involves a blast from her gun, even though it's strange that a projectile weapon would be a smash attack, and second that Link is attempting to deflect the blast in much the same way Marth and Roy deflect projectiles with their downB (counter) moves in Melee.

Granted this might not be true. Sakurai (assuming he's the one typing all this out) does say immediately beforehand that "It’s OK to just tilt the stick and mash some buttons.", so perhaps that's what Zamus is doing here. It's also possible that this is Link's new shielding animation rather than a counter attack. If you recall, when the Mario update came in, one picture was of Fox shielding a simple attack with what looked like a guarding animation even though no bubble shield was present. Maybe Nintendo did truely do away with the bubble shields we've all come to know and love.

Meh...whatever. I think that's all I wanted to comment on for now, so I'll leave the rest up to everyone else.

Later<

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
From the picture, I was thinking ZSS's smash is just whacking someone else with her gun in her hand =/. I also assumed Link was just getting a new smash attack, though I could be wrong. Sakurai did say that a lot of characters will have new "flavors" in Brawl, so it's possible Link could have a different smash attack in Brawl like he did from the first to Melee. I could be wrong though because I'm assuming both characters are charging their smash attacks.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah it seems we get:

Monday: PWNAGE OMG BBQ !!1!one
Tuesday: As good or a tad less exciting as number 1
wednsday: Somwhat good
Thursday: >.>
Friday: Good I guess

Anyway, shiek as zeldas final = NO! hell no! sorry rhyme but I prefer she would summons the sages and do a massive beam of justice! or something....

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
no monday was HOLY **** GOROH...wait a minute...... GOD ****ING ****IT HES AN FING NPC!!!!
tuesday was ZOMG BOWSER
wednsday was ZOMG GIGGA BOWSER
thursday was eh
friday is ????

Rhyme

Smash Lord
MM02: Hm...yeah, I could picture that. I guess that's just me over-analyzing everything again. ^^

Stryks: Haha, well, everyone is entitled to their opinions I guess. That'd be kinda silly if Zelda's Final Smash was her asking others for help; I'd prefer something that...she actually does. :laugh: Got any different ideas for that?

As for Sakurai's amazing Monday updates, I'm guessing it's because he knows we've already gone two days without new info and he wants to get us all hyped up again.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm deeply saddened to say this,but I do not think Mr.Game and Watch shall be in Brawl as a PC.His zany and WTF facotr will only effective in one game,I'm afraid. If not a PC(hopefully he will be) I'm 99% sure he'll be an AT.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
It'd be interesting if, instead of nerfing Shiek, they buffed her and put her into Brawl, but as Zelda's Final Smash. Collecting a smash ball would allow Zelda to "unleash the beast" for a brief time, much like Bowser and most likely Gannondorf will be doing already. So, for about thirty seconds, you get a buffed Shiek to use and kick arse with, then you transform back into plain old Zelda.
That would be phenominal! Not as great as Sheik being a playable character from the start... but still darn good.

I'm thinking that the Smash Ball will be more of an exclusive item. In other words, it will be impossible for more than one to be present on-screen at the same time. I've got absolutely no basis for thinking this other than the fact that it seems logical, so don't hold me to it.
Actually, I think it could be a bit harder to obtain a Smash Ball than that Rhyme. I believe Sakurai said something along the lines of: "A Final Smash can only be performed once."

Now this could mean either of two things: A) Once you perform a FS, you won't be able to use another one until the match is over. You can steal it so your opponents won't be able to use it, but you won't be able to use it either. B) There's only one Smash Ball per match. PERIOD.

Personally, I don't know which one I like better. I think both of my theories sound equally disappointing to me.

First off, Dyce was absolutely right, the pattern of great-great-bad continues again this week.
Yep, I know things. I guess I'm just good like that. :cool: {brushes dirt off shoulder}

Anyway, look at the picture with Zamus and Link in it (last picture on the update). Considering that the entire update lead up to "how do you perform a Smash attack", one would assume that Sakurai would conclude with demonstrations of Smash attacks, as is seen with Mario's Fsmash. We are then shown Zamus vs Link. Zamus appears to be using her gun as a means of attacking, and it looks like Link is about to deflect her blast with his sword. I assume that this picture implies two things: first is that one of Zamus' smash attacks involves a blast from her gun, even though it's strange that a projectile weapon would be a smash attack, and second that Link is attempting to deflect the blast in much the same way Marth and Roy deflect projectiles with their downB (counter) moves in Melee.
Well, to me it looks like Link and Zamus are both doing their fSmashes. Notice both of their weapons; both have a gleam at the end of them, most likely signifying that they're charging up some sort of Smash attack.

On a lighter note, methinx Link may have another new fSmash for this entry in the Smash Bros series? Remember the first Smash? Link's fSmash was a vertical, over-the-head, arc slash. Now look at his Melee fSmash, it's a combination of two horizontal slices. From playing the latest installment of Zelda (and overhearing the opinion of another SWF subscriber), it looks like Link's jumping swings from TP. A forward leap and some wild sword swings? Sounds like a move that could level the battlefield between man and Space Animal.

But, I'd also love to see Link with a counter attack as well, though I doubt they'll change his special moves now (unless there's a new special move we havn't heard of yet? bB anyone?)

I'm deeply saddened to say this,but I do not think Mr.Game and Watch shall be in Brawl as a PC.His zany and WTF facotr will only effective in one game,I'm afraid. If not a PC(hopefully he will be) I'm 99% sure he'll be an AT.
I too, will be saddened if Mr.G&W doesn't make the cut. He was one of my better characters. I swear, even though he lacked the ability to L-cancel most of his aerials, he's a better character than the tiers give him credit for.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I too, will be saddened if Mr.G&W doesn't make the cut. He was one of my better characters. I swear, even though he lacked the ability to L-cancel most of his aerials, he's a better character than the tiers give him credit for.
Yeah,I always thought the tiers were overrated. I mean,I normally beat Marth and Fox players with guys like Jigglypuff and the ICs.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah,I always thought the tiers were overrated. I mean,I normally beat Marth and Fox players with guys like Jigglypuff and the ICs.
Well that's also cutting it pretty close between tiers. I know Fox is Top Tier and Marth is High Tier, but aren't Jiggly and IC's somewhere in the Middle Tier? There's a difference between beating characters one tier away and beating characters 2-3 tiers away. And a Bottom Tier character beating a Top Tier character? Fugeddaboudit!!!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Yep, I know things. I guess I'm just good like that. :cool: {brushes dirt off shoulder}
You might be right about each character being able to use their Final Smashes but once per match. Sure it's activated by gathering a Smash Ball, but one well placed Final Smash could turn the tide of battle, so knowing when to pick one of these bad boys up could be the determining factor.

Or...maybe I was wrong...yeap, I was wrong. I got my days mixed up. If you read my original post, I was mistaken, at the time, and thought that the Bowser update was Monday's. Anyway, it appears I now owe you an appology, because I did a bad thing when I boosted your esteem to only then let you down. :( Won't happen again...I hope. :)

And a Bottom Tier character beating a Top Tier character? Fugeddaboudit!!!
Tell that to Bum. He's rewriting the tier list, standing against the likes of PC's Falco and Isai's Falcon with his DK. There's hope for low tiers yet.

Teethpaste

Smash Cadet
I really won't Falco to be in brawl altho he is a cone of Fox i just find Falco better (Oviously Falco is my main) and if Falco isent in brawl hopfully Wolf will be and i might try him out to be my new main if falco not there if both Falco and Wolf not there Fox i guess

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well that's also cutting it pretty close between tiers. I know Fox is Top Tier and Marth is High Tier, but aren't Jiggly and IC's somewhere in the Middle Tier? There's a difference between beating characters one tier away and beating characters 2-3 tiers away. And a Bottom Tier character beating a Top Tier character? Fugeddaboudit!!!
I have a friend who mains Marth and I beat him with both Pichu and Mewtwo XP. Bottom tier beating a high tier. However, that has nothing to do with Brawl.

I'm pretty sure Pichu is not returning (since Pikachu took Volt Tackle as his Final Smash :(), so I lost all my hopes of him returning.

Mewtwo should return. They just need to make him a bit faster and heavier with the ability to choose to fall slowly (as in he could fall either fast or slowly depending on what the player chooses). Maybe tweak his moveset a bit. If they find a creative way to use Psychic as a final smash, I would be happy. That probably won't happen though, so I hope to see an explosion of some sort. However if Mewtwo doesn't return, I hope Ness returns.

I'm actually hoping Ness would be revealed next week, though that would probably not happen. I wouldn't find out till next Friday though because of camp.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Tell that to Bum. He's rewriting the tier list, standing against the likes of PC's Falco and Isai's Falcon with his DK. There's hope for low tiers yet.
Oh no no no! Don't get me wrong! I love the work of Low/Bottom Tier Smashers. Taj and his Mewtwo are my favorite teamup. I never thought I'd see the day when Mewtwo wins against... well anyone really! But I'm more impressed that he can enter the tournament scene and do what he does with characters and players that should be out of his league.

I say: The lower you are on the tier, the more power to you!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Not really. I play Bowser mainly only playing Fox or Marth too.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Mmmm.. well I think that low tiers are low tiers for a reson, their just not that good. :(

I will only be them for fun, but not serious.

flaco

The Terminator
thank you is goes like fox,falcosheik,marth and the list keeps going lol but I main marth thats why I want marth to be in brawl

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Well that's because his main is better and more popular. Sorry Roy (not you, the character), you were my first main, but you just failed to keep up with the rest of the fighters.

And not having Gannondorf in a game that has Link and Zelda's hand Triforce symbol would be like not having any amps at a rock concert. Gannondorf has the Triforce of Power, Link has the Triforce of Courage, and Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. If all three pieces weren't together then... then... who knows what could happen to the world as we know it!?

Dr_Twist

Smash Lord
^^^^
Well that's because his main is better and more popular. Sorry Roy (not you, the character), you were my first main, but you just failed to keep up with the rest of the fighters.

And not having Gannondorf in a game that has Link and Zelda's hand Triforce symbol would be like not having any amps at a rock concert. Gannondorf has the Triforce of Power, Link has the Triforce of Courage, and Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. If all three pieces weren't together then... then... who knows what could happen to the world as we know it!?
kinda getting dramatic, dont u think? lol but i agree ganon needs to return and so does marth

JayCruz

Smash Rookie
I hope they keep Ness and improve his overall skills. He's still my favorite character up till now, even though he really sucks in melee.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
like you said they were only hard to master [ichu just sucked lolz but i didnt like DR MARIO I think he was worthless space i mean even falco was diff from fox and i think that is they try to make daisy a peach costume then they should change that out fit into daisey just to make some peoplem feel better

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Daisy has the best chance. Except, Peach needs to be more of a "loving fighter", if you will. Daisy should take all of Peach's moves, considering she's the tom-boy.(New B moves, though)

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Daisy has the best chance. Except, Peach needs to be more of a "loving fighter", if you will. Daisy should take all of Peach's moves, considering she's the tom-boy.(New B moves, though)
u mean have another copy character? not gonna happen. i cant believe you dont even know one of the oldest news for brawl.

There will be no more characters that have similar moves

like Jigglypuff and Kirby

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I agree with marth-fan92. I used to mess around with Pichu for fun, but now he's one of my mains. He's not the only "weak character". I even beat some friends who main Marth or Falco by using Pichu.

flaco

The Terminator
T he tier list is there for a reason it does not matter if you are a low tier character or a higer tier
skill level is also involved thats all and is much easier for a top tier to beat a lower tier just becuase its just the tiers thats all,Don't believe it?Well you screwed

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but i took my time with pichu but i still have not progressed with him but i wonder so you mean that either all the clones are gone (they made up like 1/2 the game lol dont really know just saying something) omg (looks at falco) so you mean falco may be gone i really like him he is like my best Sheik just my main and i cant handle fox i can use him but not well is what i mean and i think falco and fox are very different they really dont seem like clones ( even if their attack are the same) but that made no sences

I dont know i will save all my comments that make some sence until E3 lol

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
i dont like the tire list cause any player could take the lowest character and beat the highest character if they just take the time to practice with the lowest character

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The tier list is there to say who has more good qualities. The tier list can change, and it shouldn't be something that judges people's decisions on who they choose to use. If I have an easier time using Pichu over Fox, then I'll use Pichu. It's not much easier for a top tier to beat a low tier. It totally depends on the players' skills with whatever character they are using. I could lose to someone using a high tier character, but win with a low tier character (and that has actually happened). A player should choose their character based on their style.

Top Bottom