• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Can someone find me a link of Sakurai saying hw many characters he suspects to be in the final game?
Unfortunately for you, there's noplace on the internet with an official statement from Sakurai himself about an expected number of characters. There was this rumored article about some character cuts/additions a while back, and in that article (which was proven FALSE remember) it says "Sakurai said he expects a roster 40 deep, with 2 to 3 third party characters." Even though this article was proven to be false, people seem comfortable with assuming 40 to be an accurate number. Truth of the matter - NOBODY BUT SAKURAI KNOWS, and he's not in a hurry to tell us, either.

Hey rhyme ur right! even IF dark samus turns ut as an AT (Ill personally attack Nintendo headquarters for that) with AR dark samus will pwn all!
Not really. Even if DS was playable through the miracle of AR, you'd only be given basic movement, one jump, and one or maybe two attacks, if you're lucky. Not to mention that any characters who need AR to be playable will be banned at tournys. Nope, I'd rather have DS as a playable character, straight up, not a knock-off Nintendaid.

i just joined like a week ago man so chill and i just got internet like a month ago but thanks for the link man
Haha, congradulations for getting the internet and for finding this place. Use Smash Bros dot com and Smash Brawl dot com religiously, they're our source of current popular opinion and shiny new information.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm guessing a Metroid has a high chance of being an assist character. They are popular enough that people want them to make SOME KIND of an appearance. Plus the Assist Trophy looks similar to that capsule the Metroid was in in Super Metroid. I might be wrong about a Metroid being an assist character though.

Do you think some of the assist characters will be enemies in adventure mode...only not invincible? Oh and I noticed they spelled Goroh as Goro on the official site =P. Pretty small detail that no one will care about though.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That's what I was saying a little while back MM02, thanks for supporting the idea, even if it weren't mine. I'm sure I wasn't the first to suggest it, but I am as far as I know. Anyway, Metriods would make an insane Nintendaid, I hope they actually are used as one. These Assistant Capsules really are a win-win for the developers. They get to put more characters than ever before into the game, plus, because each character is supposed to have an individualized 1P mode, each Nintendaid could double as a baddie during the 1P play. That makes adding enemies into the game easier, and we as fans get to see more of our favorites in the game. *Crosses fingers that a truely deserving character doesn't get assistantized*

I hadn't noticed the misspelling, but that's cool that you did.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes I noticed you were the first to suggest it in this topic. However, I was just too lazy to post about it till now, just to revive the idea XP. It's not necessarily a win-win for the developers. A lot of people will be mad that their character ends up being an assist character instead of playable. Then again, people come up with the most random ideas that would fit more as an assist character. For example, I can't really imagine Mach Rider as playable, but he could probably fit in as an assist character *prepares to be flamed and shot*. I could also see Space Pirates appearing as assist characters.

I doubt there will be any Pokemon representatives coming as an Assist Trophy since they are all in Pokeballs, but it's possible (though very small chance) that a trainer or Professor Oak will be an assist character. Probably not gonna happen.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oh, I didn't realize you'd read that, after all it was a while back that I suggested it. Thankies for bringing it back!

It still cuts the work in half for the developers. Take a Metroid, completely animated and designed from an Assist Capsule, and PLOP him directly into Samus' adventure mode. That's a two for one in my book. (Grammatically speaking, should there be a comma directly after "designed" and before "from"?)

True, some people are actually better off as Nintendaids, it frees up spots on the roster for more popular characters with more potential moves. I don't think anyone will flame you, and only Stryks has ever threatened anyone at gunpoint, so you're safe here. :)

No, Poke'mon should not be Nintendaids, EVER, they SHOULD appear when randomly called from a Poke'ball and nowhere else. That's why the Capsules and Balls are two totally different items.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
We've been talking about Nintendaids being the opponents in 1P Modes. Good concept. I like the idea of Captain Falcon having to fight Goroh at some point and having Mario or Luigi having to fight Hammer Bro(s) once or occasionally.

But what if we went in the other spectrum? What if in some instances they were a constant aid? Like Bowser's 1P Adventure, Bowser finds himself pitted against both Mario brothers, helpless, he reaches for an Assist Trophy and who comes out to help him? Why, his loyal subject the Hammer Bro of course! Only this time, HB is here to stay! He could stick around and fight alongside you the whole time until you finally off those pesky, plumbing, mustacheoed b@stards, ceasing them from jumping on any more of your peons!

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Wow I didn't expect to see another character. He also said Bowser will be the heaviest and slowest character in the game. But in Melee Ganon was the heaviest and the slowest... does this mean Ganon won't make a comeback?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wow I didn't expect to see another character. He also said Bowser will be the heaviest and slowest character in the game. But in Melee Ganon was the heaviest and the slowest... does this mean Ganon won't make a comeback?
nah, it means thing are going to be more realistic, think about it.
wich is heaver in real life,an evil wizard dude or a dragon thing?
so i say ganno has stayed the same wieght and bowser put some bulk on

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
He's just not a mean character, only the best go in, if he is in ssb4, I think he'll have the same moves as C.Flacon, (e.g. just like Fox and Flaco), imo. :p
but all of falcons moves are made up and i think they can do more with him than to make him a clone i mean he dose have a sword they can inprovises lolz dont know if i spelled that right but what eve

i do think that some of the AC people could be in SSB4 but its a little early to be thinking about SSB4 maybe we should get 3 then think about 4 lolz

i wonder whos next they have not really showed any one who is out of the hat like Krystal or Sonic

Stryks

Smash Hero
wow

Nah, i doubt depending on who you are will shorten or increas the length your assist is out.

GENO FOR ASSIST TROPHY!!!!
(i hate geno)
Yeah sakurai is gonna go trough all the trouble of:

Contacting Square enix, hoping for a response, If they do sakurai will ask for rights of geno, sakurai and Squarenix join to talk about geno, talk for a few hours, and sakurai gets rites to geno...

JUST to make him an assist... rite...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Actually Bowser was by far the slowest character. He ran the slowest and attacked the slowest by an EXCRUCIATING margin of time. Ganondorf (and DK) really aren't as slow as people think they are.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Besdies im sure ganondorf will gain some speed in brawl, I mean he wasnt so slow in TP, and he'l lsurely have his TP look, along with the sword of sages...

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
-_- another sword fest... i swear every one and they grandma will have a sword on that game but i think that would be fun but anyway I want to see micky Mouse or some one as a thrid party person i just think his Kingdom heart look is coolie

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
No, Poke'mon should not be Nintendaids, EVER, they SHOULD appear when randomly called from a Poke'ball and nowhere else. That's why the Capsules and Balls are two totally different items.
I said Pokemon will only appear in Pokeballs. I also said maybe PEOPLE (like Professor Oak XP) may appear as assist trophies.

There's no chance of Mickey Mouse appearing. He was originally a cartoon character, which means he's not getting in.

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
-_- another sword fest... i swear every one and they grandma will have a sword on that game but i think that would be fun but anyway I want to see micky Mouse or some one as a thrid party person i just think his Kingdom heart look is coolie
why does everyone want kingdom hearts and final fantasy characters in brawl? it migh sound like a good idea but they really aren't right for a super smash bros game (if i'm found murdered tomorow remember me as a halo hater)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Besdies im sure ganondorf will gain some speed in brawl, I mean he wasnt so slow in TP, and he'l lsurely have his TP look, along with the sword of sages...
Yup, I think he will be faster, I think they just put him in the last min, and give him C.Falcon moves, but this time they know. GIVE HIM HIS OWN MOVES!!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I believe they might've had a working moveset for Ganondorf and his sword but once they caught wind of the GameCube Zelda's change in style it turned out that said sword would never exist in the Zelda canon and, as such, they ran out of time trying to come with something new for him and just cloned him from Captain Falcon.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I believe they might've had a working moveset for Ganondorf and his sword but once they caught wind of the GameCube Zelda's change in style it turned out that said sword would never exist in the Zelda canon and, as such, they ran out of time trying to come with something new for him and just cloned him from Captain Falcon.
Ran out of time you say, that too bad. :(

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
i want marth to be in smash bros brawl cause he was my best charachter and i also think ganondorf should have his sword but it should be the sword from twilight princeses i was also wondering where do you find the character tier list.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What were we talking about again=??? How awsome Johnknight1 is! :grin: :laugh:
nah, just jking.

Anyways, Marth should return, he was Japan's most desired character for Melee, has a enormous fanbase, and lots of originality. Not to mention Japan would kill Sakurai, Miyamoto, Kojima, and the rest of Nintendo if they removed him.

As for Ganondorf, he could go either way, and I'm cool either way. The problem I have is well, who would take his awsome clone moveset=??? With Goroh out, I see no replacement for his sword, but generally I would rather him have his sword and use it than not at all. But again, either way I'm cool. :)

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I want Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link to leave.
And I hope that old style Link that everyone is talking about to come in the place of Young Link.
Unfortunately, I think Mr. Game and Watch is going to be picked to leave, but I liked him.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm going to get cocky and say that I'm positive that Marth is going to return. They have one stage with flags from FE on them, and those emblems aren't found anywhere in Path of Radience, so it must be Marth. Ike's going to make it too, though. He's just too popular now to not make it. I'll be bloody surprised if he doesn't.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I said Pokemon will only appear in Pokeballs. I also said maybe PEOPLE (like Professor Oak XP) may appear as assist trophies.
Oh, really? My mistake then, sorry.

Also, just checked out the update...frickin' Giga Bowser. That's gonna be teH sweetness, pwning people who can only help but run away (imagine it making you a target for drillshining?).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yeah it sounds fun to use Giga Bowser. Imagine being on a very small stage...with no where to run from him XD. What if there were two final smashes at the same time? Would the other one affect Giga Bowser?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I wonder if,when you do change will you get another move se,t or a limeted moveset,or just keep the one you have but with more power

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
"What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance?"

OMG SHIEK IS IN YOOOO
syke, idk.

Top Bottom