• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I dunno how people ever thought they could get away with suing LOL. Smash tournament money stuff is all 100% under-the-table, Plank didn't make (and therefore didn't break) any contracts so there was no feasibility of a lawsuit ever happening.

Whatever, lol. Good to see people step up for Armada.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dunno how people ever thought they could get away with suing LOL. Smash tournament money stuff is all 100% under-the-table, Plank didn't make (and therefore didn't break) any contracts so there was no feasibility of a lawsuit ever happening.

Whatever, lol. Good to see people step up for Armada.
Its def not under the table. Its considered a contest of skill.

While there were no prize percentages listed, you cannot determine exactly how much an specific individual was to earn....however there is enough evidence to suppose a small claims law suit.

Basically its rough justice...and very easy. Its very very reasonable for the ppl who placed to expect money back...why because we run smash tourneys all the time, its what is expected, and there was no reason to assume otherwise. Plairnk said that he was planning on paying out to top 16ppl(8teams), so thats at minimum a statement on who gets paid. There was a venue fee which can very well be argued was to cover tournament expenses...because thats the norm, and on a very large scale thats the norm.

Entry fee is prize pot. the number of entrants is known so the pot aka money owed can be determined. it would be up to the ppl to do a lil math and agreeing on the percentages. The pot thats owed is set in stone, as long as the 16 can come to an agreement on the distribution then its all good.

OP would count as a verbal contract, a u enter under these stipulations kinda thing. Just the fact that its very reasonable to suspect that you would get paid based on your performance, is enough to take it to court. I mean, how could u argue against, I expected to be paid based on how pound 1-4 were ran, and then name every smash tournament that you can think of lol.

Its EZ. any competent judge would award them something...Problem is that most places are stat max at 5K. which means a joint suits is a bad idea if u want all your money. So he would get sued more than once or they would have to hire lawyers and suit for the entire 10 K...which is a waste of money.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
ok so i'm done with the 40's i'm moving onto Champagne / Cooks or Andre's / so next smashfest at C's / it'll look ******** but i'll be swigging on a bottle of Cooks or Andre's Champagne

Jem.

Smash Master
Isn't the prize percentages listed on the Pound 5 tournament listings thread? That counts as written I'm pretty sure. The problem is not knowing the turnout with proof. Plus you'd lose money probably even if you won the case, I think PP and Ally are owed the most money. Hopefully people don't think "4 pounds went fine, let it slide" because thats a terrible mentality. he dun goofed and its just an ode to the fact that there aren't MANY trustworthy TO's outside DBR and GC Guy. Hopefully sheezy never happens like that again and hopefully plank didnt pocket the money because that'd be way cold.

everyone who plays LoL should just get good at MLG Halo and play with me

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I **** wit the Andre lol

Na, you should be able to just look at the bracket information Jem. I obviously mean including pools and **** too. Even so, the registration page has the entrants, its best to just go off that because no refunds were given after a certain point...so whoever was on the list had paid for the pot, thats the figure I would use anyway.

yea its mad gay **** happened like that, and GC dude does ****, wish that ***** would post on smashboards and say hi or somethin tho lol

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
So I just got done reading through one (of the many) pound 5 threads.....

All i have to say is....

Evan, your senior project tourney on the 26th better not be a scam LOLLLL

hahaha jk
Ya lol, plank definitely took "planking" to a whole other level. Also I pay out in cash on the spot and i think the wa melee community would collectively mug me if i didn't give payouts/ i would stop going to tourney and that's not happening.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
OH so what u really mean....u would just beat everybodys *** and keep the money if u wanted to.

always talkin **** evan....have you heard the story about the boi who caught two many quatros....he quit marth....the legacy will continue with you!

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
OH so what u really mean....u would just beat everybodys *** and keep the money if u wanted to.
That's why I'm inviting you guys. If i didn't i probably would have all the money go to a nonprofit. Believe me I already thought about this.

And who the **** is the boy who caught too many quatros, no comprende senyor.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
yes darkspines u can bring cokes for everyone / i'd prefer dr.pepper so i can mix some **** in it / tyseman, *** u lol i'm DRANKIN *****

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
na cuz after final's i'm going to vegas and i'll be there until after iceman's tourney
I thought you said you couldn't go when it was on the 19th but now it's gonna be on the 26th. Not sure if you still can't go or am i just confused

pandacheck

Smash Ace
lol darkspines, u all about the soda / cake / we need doughnuts too and some banana cream pie / i'm going for the food now

C!Z

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that thinks that Falcon steal **** is ********? You shouldn't be promoting some douche clockin some innocent guy.

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
@kaostar:

i'm not nice as much as i want fodd *like food ;l3 *;3 (ihave typo issues sometimes <_>)

and also, i want to get into the melee community easily lol Y^T_T

(but you guys are nicer than the brawl community :p and oh yes, i just did.)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol, I agree wit u ciz..but its there, and the thought of anthony doing it was funny to me....whatever.

@spines lol-well u can get in tight with us just by wanting to get good at melee. Everyone except Vish(numberonenacho) is really chill, he plays falcon and has a really really bad attitude. Bring food if u want to, but just know u dont have to in order to make friends.

Brawls gay

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
@kaostar:

i'm not nice as much as i want fodd *like food ;l3 *;3 (ihave typo issues sometimes <_>)

and also, i want to get into the melee community easily lol Y^T_T

(but you guys are nicer than the brawl community :p and oh yes, i just did.)
I can readily assure you that lame, overdone falcon jokes are not the way to "get into" the melee community. It just makes you look like what you are - a brawl player who is trying too hard >_>

No offense haha. we still cool ^__^ just telling it like it is

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
well, actually, i just a_) like food (lol) and b) thought it wou,ld be nice to have food and driniks ;)

and i <3 falcon jokes lol.

(also, that's just my signature :p)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh LOL, I thought you were saying "i want to get into the melee community easily lol" in response to Ciz talking about the Falcon Steal thing. So I thought you were saying you were trying to include falcon-based humor in your signature explicitly to fit in with melee players. >_>

My bad haha.

Word, food *****.

Edit: Also, try to edit your posts instead of double posting unless it's like, really important and you explicitly want to bump the thread.

Top Bottom