• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

MasterC

Smash Ace
Reach Masta C! Only way to go now
for sure, i have it but i usually play MW2 or zombies before i get on lol i'll give it a shot nex time i'm bored... main reason i got out of it was cuz i didn't kno call-outs n ish, halos1-3 were **** tho

I thought you said you couldn't go when it was on the 19th but now it's gonna be on the 26th. Not sure if you still can't go or am i just confused
na i'm in vegas the first weekend (19/20) and whistler the next (26/27), that's my spring break so i'm outro yo, host another one before G2 and i'm there tho!! or a month or so after G2 xD

also, anyon ehere play tvc? I love tvc, but no one else plays it T_T
i've played here and there but i'm not **** at it lol if you come to one of my smashfests nex time i'll have a setup going just for you ;) no homo tho

Oh LOL, I thought you were saying "i want to get into the melee community easily lol" in response to Ciz talking about the Falcon Steal thing. So I thought you were saying you were trying to include falcon-based humor in your signature explicitly to fit in with melee players. >_>

My bad haha.

Word, food *****.
LMAO toph, trying waaaaaaaay too hard to read into up-n-coming smashers lol good**** tho dude

MasterC

Smash Ace
damn i just realized i hella bumped the thread since anthony and kline were going at it LOL my bad guys, in ne case that post in the UW thread had me rollin i'm not gonna lie, sorry kline :p

you should MM some of these mofo's just to shut em up tho dawg

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I accepted the MMs from vish, and anthony, and stefan. But I dont care much if they talk ****, its mostly fun....except that ***** anthony who is mad salty for no reason lol

haha good**** C!Z. what club u guys hittin up?

pandacheck

Smash Ace
went to bed drunk idk what time, just woke up, feeling great, hah at me being salty, i just get annoyed easier when i'm drunk kline

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
u flat out asked me a question. I gave u a very direct answer, nothing to be annoyed about....u just mad.....and 4 some reason u think I lost to evan and derek. I beat both of them in our tourney sets.

I lost to peter and dmac as far as ppl I shouldnt lose to. the peter set was bs and it doesnt matter now but he had several random pauses one of which easily cost me a stock. Dmac beat me the last two gc, honestly doesnt actually bother me but out of fairness to him we will just leave it at he beat me. Jf emo and salepate beat me, as well as ciz/vish during crews but all were close and they pretty much just capitalized on a mistake I made costing me the game. GG

When it comes down to it, I think Im a decent player, I just have things to work on, such as just coming ready to play, not getting nervous and letting external factors get to me as much, on top of just improving technically and being just better. Most of which will come from player more serious sets under pressure.

straight up anthony, u can come get yo *** whooped any time.

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
@masterc
Ok great ^_^ I have to use my arcade stick tho, lol :p

where my *are your smashfests? I'll need to ride *get a ride if it's not in walkingg distance of the ferry T_T

MasterC

Smash Ace
@Kline: no johns dawg, f*ck external factors n sh*t, get at mango

Anybody smashin today? I'm fiendin. I gotta head downtown today anyways.
i'm downtown right now but didn't have smash on the agenda lol i might be down but idk yo, got hella sh*t to cram for this coming week :/

im so sick, this sucks

i have pink eye and strep throat.
that sux yo, i think i had strep for the past couple days but i'm feelin better now so it was prob just some random virus, get well soon tho g

@masterc
Ok great ^_^ I have to use my arcade stick tho, lol :p

where my *are your smashfests? I'll need to ride *get a ride if it's not in walkingg distance of the ferry T_T
it's not walking distance of the ferry but you can catch a bus up here (it only takes one)
5037 16th ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105
or someone MIGHT be able to pick you up if they're coming from down south/bainbridge

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
@ MasterC:
OH :X *Oh

We;;...ok. ^_^ Sounds good.

...I just hope my parental units approve of going :V

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Thas on u mayne, I **** wit qdoba over chipotle and I def hit up taco bell, jacks, bk, del taco wassup lol

why the change of heart tho, u think it has something to do with why u are sick? Or just cuz that **** is pretty bad low key...but still low key good

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Clearly, you should get unsick.

Also, Perfect Dark is pretty good. For serious, I want to switch to Fox now. Except I'd need figure out how to deal with the whole bit where I hate practicing tech skill, and can't yet reliably l-cancel or short-hop with Fox, slash am generally slow and terrible.

Also, a tech skill question: it's way easier to multishine with Falco than with Fox, right, on account of how much longer it takes for Falco's first jump to leave the ground? If so, does that mean that those of you who can multishine at all with Fox can pretty much multishine indefinitely with Falco? And if so, why don't I see Falcos using continuous multishining as shield pressure? Or am I missing something huge here?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
The timing is different. With Fox I find it's more "go as fast as possible" and with Falco you kinda have to slow it down a bit, it's tricky. I've done more in a row with Fox than I have with Falco. They're both 1-frame inputs (as in you have to press the B button on a certain frame after you jump); the frame you press it on is just different. "Slower" doesn't mean "easier."

Yo Otto get well soon :D You better still be down for subway runs though. Subway is definitely real food.

good **** avoiding fast food though... that reminds me, I kinda got into cooking recently. me and shane are gonna have like, a cookoff/potluck when I get back. I know you got the baking skills from your mom's bakery, you in or what? :DDD

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm still fiendin smash if someone is tryna come over today.

GG's though C, last night was fun(even though I got too baked to keep playin the other one lol). My boy C be gettin his spacing on. It's always tight to see improvements =]

Clearly, you should get unsick.

Also, Perfect Dark is pretty good. For serious, I want to switch to Fox now. Except I'd need figure out how to deal with the whole bit where I hate practicing tech skill, and can't yet reliably l-cancel or short-hop with Fox, slash am generally slow and terrible.

Also, a tech skill question: it's way easier to multishine with Falco than with Fox, right, on account of how much longer it takes for Falco's first jump to leave the ground? If so, does that mean that those of you who can multishine at all with Fox can pretty much multishine indefinitely with Falco? And if so, why don't I see Falcos using continuous multishining as shield pressure? Or am I missing something huge here?
practicing tech skill is worthwhile. it doesnt seem fun when youre just bad at it and havent done it much, but once u start actually being able to do stuff and building off that it gets fun. plus youre in africa so nows your chance for tech practice haha. falcos dont do it cuz none of them are confident enough in doing it that it seems more worth it to do that rather than other things. it is good and not all that hard tho.

the way i practice tech is 10 stock matches vs different cpus. 10 stock cuz 4 is way too short, youre not doing a tournament match so 4 should hold no significance in tech/combo practice. and only 10 so i can change stages and characters im fighting frequently. do that and just practice whatever tech stuff you want to get better at as well (without a cpu). try to focus as much as possible, it really helps.

The timing is different. With Fox I find it's more "go as fast as possible" and with Falco you kinda have to slow it down a bit, it's tricky. I've done more in a row with Fox than I have with Falco. They're both 1-frame inputs (as in you have to press the B button on a certain frame after you jump); the frame you press it on is just different. "Slower" doesn't mean "easier."

Yo Otto get well soon :D You better still be down for subway runs though. Subway is definitely real food.

good **** avoiding fast food though... that reminds me, I kinda got into cooking recently. me and shane are gonna have like, a cookoff/potluck when I get back. I know you got the baking skills from your mom's bakery, you in or what? :DDD
imo theyre about the same difficulty so long as your hands can move fast enough to do foxes. its easier to do more with fox tho, cuz you dont have to do them for as long. once you start thinking about them rather than focusing youll likely **** up, at least thats why i mess up.

yea ill be down for subway most likely. been really tired of it for a while now tho, maybe that will change.

Top Bottom