• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Kline if you think a break is needed then take a break lol, just do what you whatever you're comfortable with. Do what YOU have to do, not what WE think you should do.

I've taken too many breaks lol, but everytime I come back in to melee I feel like I'm looking at things differently. Especially this last week, things really clicked in my head and i think it really showed at this last gc.

But because I haven't been in touch with the scene as much as i should, i wanna give some shoutouts aka impressions i have of players in the scene:

(since i feel like the melee scene here is definitely changing in a better way)

shoutout to teddy. You guys dont jock him enough, or maybe I don't play with him enough to realize his play, or maybe because he plays brawl and we discredit him LOL. Teddy is the guy that makes you feel dumb, or at least for me haha, i'd say between teddy and otto - teddy's play shines through experience.

otto - When you said you love playing against samus that really made me happy :D. You punish me the best out of anybody in the scene i've noticed. I make one mistake and you capitalize with drill whaveshine to smash XD. It's a FML moment for me, but i know you loooove it hahahaha

shane - I forgot how funny it is to hear you yell(?) always bringin that energy at tournies. You and gage have good teamwork btw.

C!Z - I wanted our set recorded ***kk. We have to get more games in!

Bmello/Oreo - I just gotta say you guys clearly getting better. Your consistent attendance at tounries shows dedication because I know having to drive from lakewood/tacoma sucks.

Panda - DAT SECOND HAND NIGGGAAA NOT GOOD FOR YOUR LUNGS. My one critique on your falcon is that you don't punish as well as you should. Falcon is all about getting that one opening and making the most out of it right?

You other south dudes (cody, connor, blom etc) - Keep coming and keep practicing. You guys have potential and it's obvious you guys are trying to get better.

rio/plague - ditto above

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
That would sound fun, but from what i heard, iceman just camps the edge and waits for you to come to him and gimp you, idk if that'd be entertaining to watch/hype up
I was only doing that to bmello/Anthony during friendlies cause they were constantly approaching. Can't really do that against fox either cause they just shoot lasers

MasterC

Smash Ace
Only Otto has a power level of over 9000 in WA (not sure if you understand why i did that on the pr thread master c, it was referring to Otto having 9001 posts
word

Fox probably, but it depends who im playing, and the MU, but honestly I probably use my alts like marth, falco, falcon more then fox. Been that way since I met you tbh lol (though I think I used more chars back then I don’t remember)
double word

Finally, someone from WA mentioned me

good stuff Prime

You are my favorite
lol i was gonna say shoutout to gage for actually playin singles (that MM between you and c!z was pretty tight) but i guess i'll just hafta wait till nex GC :p

Jem.

Smash Master
Play multiple games. When you aren't in the mood for one, you play the other. And it's hard to not be in the mood for either if you're in that gaming mood. I know it's like "lol he's gonna mention halo" but it really does keep my mind fresh and can make you respect it more because you aren't playing it every day. I've only practiced Brawl with people once for the past 2 tourneys. Been reppin a top spot since 08 regardless of what people do at nationals so i'd like to think it isn't just luck. just play multiple games, or as others suggested, just take a break. if youre stressed about playing a video game and don't find the enjoyment, you probably shouldn't play. you dont wanna play because people will clown you if you dont come to GC or something else, who cares about stuff like that

gg's to everyone in melee doubles. ill enter melee doubles next year or something lol

pandacheck

Smash Ace
true tyseman i did approach with non stop nairs / but it was a friendly / so playing gay was out of the question lol / u were losing to ganon guy / lol wtf was up with that

MasterC

Smash Ace
hell yea kline let's get bak at em on haloPC dawg, headshots for days and no scopes galore

WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?

Eggz

Smash Hero
me and gage would ilke to play with people more often, we're still really ****ing bad as a team compared to our potential, so we need a lot of teams practice. whos down for a grind? i think teddy is comin over today so if one more person hits him up and catches a ride - thas wussup

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
true tyseman i did approach with non stop nairs / but it was a friendly / so playing gay was out of the question lol / u were losing to ganon guy / lol wtf was up with that
I was playing like complete **** on Friday. Not sure why (probs cause I hadn't played against people in a week and a lot of times when I'm bored I practice against cpu's which is a horrible idea) but I'm glad I went because I definitely would not have gotten fifth if I hadn't gone to that fest. I would have been playing as bad as I did on friday at gc

playing cpus is not a horrible idea. you just have to know how to play cpus without turning that into your playstyle vs people.

playing vs cpus is extremely helpful, mainly because youre able to get used to the lag of all your attacks when they hit and when you land with them.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
playing cpus is not a horrible idea. you just have to know how to play cpus without turning that into your playstyle vs people.

playing vs cpus is extremely helpful, mainly because youre able to get used to the lag of all your attacks when they hit and when you land with them.
ya i know but a lot of time i end up doing the same stuff vs people such as dash dancing all the time and in moments where i shouldn't be.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
ya i know but a lot of time i end up doing the same stuff vs people such as dash dancing all the time and in moments where i shouldn't be.
yes, kline had this same problem

you have to mentally distance your "practice" gameplan from your "fighting a human" gameplan

learning how to do so, however, pays off in dividends

Syler

Smash Journeyman
i beat him in tourney mister sit in a chair and mope for 7 straight hours.

And srry if i sound like im trolling, i was just trying to tell you about them/ an
Just curious, who were you talking about?

And lol, i was trolling you this whole time >_>, that's what made it more funny cuz everyone seemed to know it but you, what I'm wondering is, how the **** did you end up arguing with Kline when i was the one talking **** the whole time lol

I
love
videogame
forums

People tryin to strut their stuff. Aka trying to show how big their E-Penis is
We normally call that epeen sir lol. But yeah if ur saying i was trolling/*******/but telling it like is for the most part, then im guilty as hell

If ur saying i was flashing my epeen, i think you got me confused with most of these new school cats, and people like oreo. Man i got stories about him LOL.

I was playing like complete **** on Friday. Not sure why (probs cause I hadn't played against people in a week and a lot of times when I'm bored I practice against cpu's which is a horrible idea) but I'm glad I went because I definitely would not have gotten fifth if I hadn't gone to that fest. I would have been playing as bad as I did on friday at gc
It's cool that the smash community is supportive and ****, but damn dude, johning like that, and then trying to make it not look as bad by saying ur glad you showed up to the fest or you wouldn't have done as good is a lame cop out. And if ur best excuse is i haven't played anyone in a week, well ur ****ing lucky then, that's a lot more often then i play the game, and been that way for over a year now.

@Gage- I’ve mentioned you once or twice :( no love for me.

Edit: @tice- idk if it's my place to say this, but honestly don't worry about the attention/accreditation from the smash community. Just ****ing work ur way up the PR and play to get better, wins/losses infriendlies don't mean ****, use that to get better and don't let certain wins get to ur head. Let's say you beat otto one match. Don't ****ing go out and try to brag about it makes you look like a tool. Here's a perfect example cuz i don't just give a **** anymore about being nice to people who are ********. Oreo for example, almost 2 years ago i hosted a tourney, mofo ends up beating vista, and brags about it (seriously for over a year) and the part he doesn't tell people is, vista only lost cuz he tried to spike him at low percent and ended up sding. I talked to vista later that day about all bragging he was doing and he challeneged oreo to a $5mm and oreo was like, "no i don't want too, he's way better then me." (yeah yet he talked crapped the whole time and bragged about it for a year, thinking some of us forgot this). Sadly i got probably 10 more stories like this about him, and quite a few others. You guys should ask anthony about he was saying about stefan.

Long story short don't be like most of these new cats who want attention so much. Their like yeah i beat so and so, what their fail to mention is they lost the other 9 matches (this goes for everyone in general really, SoWa has a big problem with that as well). Lose the ego, just pay ur ****ing dues, and when ur get good enough people will recognize you. Bragging just makes you look dumb (i.e. me trolling LOL and andy's response)

Sorry i ranted on like this, but i figured i should just address this, not just to you but the smash community as a whole (though it's more of a trend with the new school/or lesser players). Then again i could just be generalizing but the point remains the same.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, who were you talking about?

And lol, i was trolling you this whole time >_>, that's what made it more funny cuz everyone seemed to know it but you, what I'm wondering is, how the **** did you end up arguing with Kline when i was the one talking **** the whole time lol
I was talking about kline, he said that you would **** me up, i responded with that. Kline started talking **** cause idk he has nothing better to do, really idiotic stuff might i add that wont happen (him 4 stocking me with fox, falco, or mew2, lol), so ya that's what went down. Both of you were talking ****, kline was just trolling waaaaayy harder.

And the main john was playing against cpu's too much and not differentiating that between playing people.

And I agree with your bragging argument (hence why kline's being an idiot saying he's gonna 4 stock me) it usually just makes people respect you less. Srry if i came off as egocentric for saying i got 5th (in an indirect manner). I was just happy.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about kline, he said that you would **** me up, i responded with that. Kline started talking **** cause idk he has nothing better to do, really idiotic stuff might i add that wont happen (him 4 stocking me with fox, falco, or mew2, lol), so ya that's what went down. Both of you were talking ****, kline was just trolling waaaaayy harder.
I know you were talking to kline, but maybe im being dumb but, i stll don't know who you are referring too when you said you beat him in tourney. Just curious. And what were you talking about on fb, saying i should be on pr and i got 9th at a tourney, (im not the only one that was confused by that lol).

Kline talking **** is nothing new lol, he does that. One thing's for sure though if it comes down to it, if you needed someone to have ur back with rl ****, he'd be the first one to help you out no questions asked.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
I was telling kline that I beat you in tourney because he said that you would **** me. Ya I did say you should be on pr, obviously you'd need to show up to more tourneys and beat better people in tourney etc. I was just saying that you have the ability to be on pr/ I was saying things that make little sense

Syler

Smash Journeyman
x_X dude how can you beat me in tourney when i haven't even met you? I haven't even been to a tourney in almost 2 years. Wtf are you talking about?

Oh yeah, i will tap that (im not even trolling this time).

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
x_X dude how can you beat me in tourney when i haven't even met you? I haven't even been to a tourney in almost 2 years. Wtf are you talking about?

Oh yeah, i will tap that (im not even trolling this time).
woops my b, talking about smile this whole damn time lol. Thought his boards account might have been a different name. When you started talking about how you wanted to beat me I assumed you were smile. Srry for the mix up.

Smile and I played last tourney, it was close, got names mixed up, **** on facebook was in reference to smile, lol I fail

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was trolling....but Even man, Im dead serious when I say I will 4 stock you.
TRoll face
no bull****. I honestly believe(know) I can do it with fox, falco, m2. Im not saying Ill 4 stock you on command, or that Ill 4 stock u every time but Im def saying sit down and play some friendlys with m3 and u will catch some of those 4 stocks. There called perspective games, every once in awhile a ***** just gotta let the lil homie kno wassup. The hardest one to do it with will prob be falco, I feel weird trying to approach marth with the bird, idk. whatever...but
Troll face
Its that time son.
Get trolled son. YEEE
man, MvC3 is tight, but it gets old fast...BakK to melee lol.

Edit:LMAo, random dude Ive never met...I beat u in TOURNEY its over for you.

Edit2: has nothing to do with anything, not even saying im good, or anything, but just I feel like 4 stocking evan...it shall be done

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Wow Andy, give everyone a shoutout expect your teammate and also the guy who played you in tourney.

Real Mature dude,
Real ****ing Mature.

On an unrelated note,
Kline you need to stop **** talking and showing some results. It would be alright if you know.. kept losing.. but the **** talk makes you look really bad.
[Not that I'm condoning winning AND **** talking. :D *looks at otto*]

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Nice edit at 9:58 after my post and adding all the little *insert trollface* stuff

I saw your original post boy,
you were dead serious. Can't lie to me son.

All I know is that you need to stop being so cocky with no results. =]

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
just because I edited a post doesnt mean I was finished. I hadnt even seen your post yet. I ****ing hate nachos. you can assume what u want.

I just couldnt find the color I was looking for. I changed that **** like 5-6 times. There is a color that completely matches the background but I guess its not on the list of colors. I got a post stashed somewhere tho

All, I know, is nobody give a dam about what u think niggya.

Edit^ that one was after your post boy

kline, you be losing to everyone *****.

you gotta beat vish or somethin

oh damn, some more drama snuck in while i was reading/posting. lol good going kline

edit: ****in busted!

vish u should post more

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
**** here it is haha. All I know, is that some *****s gone be mighty mad come tournament time. Ohhh snaps Vish u better not lose to me, cuz u aint never gonna forget it son. Liggity split cuzzo, Owwww.

***** I told u wassup...this be da edit btw. I just couldnt find the color I was tryna use. Doesnt change the fact that Im still gonna 4 stock evan, but posting about it does nothing, hence the trolliolios ninjas.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@evan- rofl yeah smile's name is connor. He's not bad, his falcon is way sexier then mine =/ but mine's smarter

@Vish- My boy vish, nice trolling on kline lmao

kline, you be losing to everyone *****.

you gotta beat vish or somethin
^

@kline -What he said, go pull a vista or something (yeah i went there vish) :D

nah but really im loving the **** talk on here, makes the thread a lot more fun ^^

Top Bottom