• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

MasterC

Smash Ace
**** here it is haha. All I know, is that some *****s gone be mighty mad come tournament time. Ohhh snaps Vish u better not lose to me, cuz u aint never gonna forget it son. Liggity split cuzzo, Owwww.

***** I told u wassup...this be da edit btw. I just couldnt find the color I was tryna use. Doesnt change the fact that Im still gonna 4 stock evan, but posting about it does nothing, hence the trolliolios ninjas.
^^^that's filthy^^^

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Aight, you know what? I'm getting in on this ****.

I bet $50 that Kline never beats me in tournament once in the first year I'm back. So from Sept 2011 to Sept 2012.

take it or leave it. ;D

C!Z

Smash Lord
Teddy is a kind generous man. He helped yo boy out today. Everybody play with his weiner when you see him.

MasterC

Smash Ace
it's too big for me, i get discouraged/intimidated whenever i see him

EDIT: LOL otto you aint takin a break from SH*T

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao toph wassup ill take that bet...assuming we play at least 4 times in the course of a year.

thats on top of the 5 if u beat teddy first time back, 5 for ciz, 5 for vish, and 5 u placing top 3?? or was it top 4?

how about another 5 that within that year I take it on fd, since u love that stage so much lol

MvC3 ***** got dam. I hate not knowing what im doing. I think im gonna use 0 ammy and wolverine tho.

lmao @ charles.

y the break otto...just cuz?

MasterC

Smash Ace
just sayin, he's prob playin right now workin on some hard *** tech sh*t keepin it on the low so we don't find out before he releases some vid that'll **** on Dark xD

just sayin lol

kline: what do you wanna kno?? i have a basic understanding of the game but i refuse to look into their threads/forums

all i kno so far is my squad is zero, amaterasu, spidey (who i might alt with sentinel/wesker depending on how bad i'm getting ***** but spidey goes hard)

LOL we got the same squad charles. how come you dont want to look into threads and ****?

just takin a break so im into it a bit more. ben came over today tho and were bout to play

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its crazy how **** be using zero point, ammy second and then a third. I havent tried spidy but so far he looks tight.

Im set on the first two, but im thinking spidy, wolverine, dante, phoenix, wesker, ryu/akuma, idk. I just gotta find a third ***** for sure. so far im likin the rine tho.

and yea thas coo otto. Its tight that bens gettin back into smash. he been playing for a minute anyway lol. tell his falco to come see my two tho haha

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol tell him yourself on fb fool :p i'm boutta come up on both games tho just warning yall

watch for me cuz nex quarter is gonna be LOVE haha so i'll have wayyyyyyy more time to smash/get better/practice/etc...

and i called it didn't i? lol otto couldn't take a break if he wanted i bet :p

EDIT: i'll prob look into SRK forums later when i have time but it's finals week and i'm at my max for procrastination (even getting on here/fb is more than i should be doing), see me in 2 weeks or so guys xD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Otto, how well can u combo atm with zero? not like how good are u and how u can switch **** up, but just wondering if u can do all the combos ppl be postin and ****?

pandacheck

Smash Ace
anyone got an extra GC controller i could get off u if u don't need it / does anyone got the full results for melee like not just the top 5 / even tho i left early and would never have gotten top 5 / i'd at least like to see where i was at before i left / or if u got a bracket i can see

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
anyone got an extra GC controller i could get off u if u don't need it / does anyone got the full results for melee like not just the top 5 / even tho i left early and would never have gotten top 5 / i'd at least like to see where i was at before i left / or if u got a bracket i can see
i was doing the bracket and all i remember is

1: Silent Wolf
2: Eggz
3: Bladewise
4: Vish
5: The Prime
5: Iceman
7: Ben
7: Blom
9: C!Z

quitter: Kline

pandacheck

Smash Ace
thanks darkspines / do u live in WA / and if u do i'd probably have to meet u at like GC or something, unless u live downsouth more like around the tacoma olympia area, thats where i reside / it'd be cool if you guys posted the whole tourney like everyone from 1 - last placed person so we can see just where the hell we are / i can keep track of people i've never heard of

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
Oh i Live near seattle.

and you can find the tourney results on the tourney page im pretty sure-the game clucks just has to upload it, if it isn't there <_>

And i think i met you :| lol xD

pandacheck

Smash Ace
hah probably, i don't talk to brawl players usually / unless its bladewise / not anything against brawl players / just i go and play melee / so i associate with the melee peeps / anyways yea GC guy or whoever needs to upload that whole thing, not just top 5 or top 10, cuz we already know the outcome there, and i'd like to see more names, the other dudes, we got a lot more players out there then just the dudes that always win

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
well,...i'm getting into melee.t rying to get good :X t-iceman here inspired me to <_>

and i kinda suck ;D but hey, i have fun ^_^

plus, there's no meta knight. lulz.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yea melee is fun even when you're startin out imo. and it doesn't take that long to reach level where you can appreciate playing with good players

keep at it dude. let's smash when i get back in september! get on improvin so you can beat my *** when we get to play :]

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
This ***** anthony bout to be on the news in a couple days tryin out that same **** haha. Dont do it doug, its not worth it....40s aint even that good.

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
Will do ;)

BUt i still can't do one thing-di correctly <_>
well, i know how, but i can't remember to, lol :p

yipee ^_^

and i'll be so good i vcan beat eggz and he'll be all like nooOOOooo xD (trollolol)

pandacheck

Smash Ace
this cat keeps sitting in the way of the keyboard, she's a complete attention *****, she waits for me all day on my bed, then when i lay down, she lays on my chest, this is the same cat that i woke up to barfing on my chest

pandacheck

Smash Ace
ya, she's crazy, anyways mike we having a smashfest at your place this friday, or saturday, whenever cody's down 2 play / trent just got his new car / and i got gas money / kline better show up

ThePrime

Smash Lord
So I just got done reading through one (of the many) pound 5 threads.....

All i have to say is....

Evan, your senior project tourney on the 26th better not be a scam LOLLLL

hahaha jk

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I don't see the connection. Pound 5 was a scam?
I'll tell you the details when i see you, but yeah what ciz said, long story short he expected more people etc., they didn't show or w/e and yeah he ended up owing the hotel a lot of money and used the pound 5 winners money to pay it off.

@anthony- oh rly, yeah idk i'll figure out which day is better. I'm actually going to practice my shiek for once rofl

pandacheck

Smash Ace
good i need the practice yo / i needa pick up my fox more too / its sexy technical / just needs to be smarter / my falcon too / like andy said / i needa learn howda punish more an u vish n stefan are hella good at punishing / so is andy / so is top 5 rofl

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
oh dude my cats do that to ._.
once my cat walked across my keyboard, and firefox stopped working :X (and wouldn't open again)
lol.

cats are silly.

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol that dude put his whole body into that falcon punch, **** was crazy haha
lmao i was like wtf this ***** talkin bout? at first, haha then i seen dude's sig and the lil flash movie or whatever xD ****'s mad funny dawg

pound 5 sounds like a scam from what i've heard, how the hell you gonna "lose" that much money?!?! there was hella entry fees paid and dude said they "all" had to go to the hotel? sounds like BS to me and i didn't even go lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao i was like wtf this ***** talkin bout? at first, haha then i seen dude's sig and the lil flash movie or whatever xD ****'s mad funny dawg

pound 5 sounds like a scam from what i've heard, how the hell you gonna "lose" that much money?!?! there was hella entry fees paid and dude said they "all" had to go to the hotel? sounds like BS to me and i didn't even go lol

Na, man. basically he had a deal with the hotel about how much venue was gonna cost. It was based on the number of rooms rented out. the more rooms, cheaper the venue....also it would mean higher pots and possible profit once venue had been paid off.

but basically alot of ppl crammed more than 4 in a room, and alot canceled meaning not enough rooms got rented out. so the cost of renting the big *** room for 3 days went up quite a bit.

he then took ~9k that was from entry fees and paid off hotel fees. He also said that he had to reach into his own pocket to pay off hotel fees.

Its just a bad situation, pound was fun...sucks it went down like this.

But the truth is he banked too hard on having optimal attendance. he was expecting ~300-330 melee, ~230 brawl and got around 200 less ppl entering events total.

The prize money is separate from venue and not his to spend.....so he owes the smasher their winnings if u are being fair about it. We will see what happens.

Ppl are trying to sue him it seems

Jem.

Smash Master
I suggested online but no one read it, I think if Plank really can't pay anyone back right now, do something like help pay for the plane tickets for top 8 of singles to attend Pound 6 (Host a pound 6 since he effed everyone who won money over) and then let anyone who placed top 4 in doubles get free entry and/or free hotel or something. I can't imagine how mad I'd be to win or place in the money at a national tournament away from home and not get it back. Everyone effs up once in awhile, but then removing smashers from your facebook to avoid everyone, wayyy cold brothamanz

I highly doubt Plank would steal and pocket the money, so I actually believe what happened, just sucks for placers in brawl/melee. I've never met Armada or talked to him but I'd be a bit salty at that expensive flight and to get none of it back, it'd make me hesitate if money was a problem to go back to the US (Unless he just enjoys chilling with everyone and/or is rich)

Fun fact: Cheese made more money than anyone at Pound 5, since amateur bracket paid out in cash on the spot. $250 lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Laijinn made like 180-210 also for melee. But fyi, Armada's ticket was paid for by the community. Ppl chipped in and bought his ticket. He was planning on paying ppl back...but most ppl said that he could keep the money.

Top Bottom