• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
Hellllooo Texas!

I was wondering, how does the PR system works when a player plays an out-of-state player at a Texas tournament.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When did i say ktar should count???

When did i say columbus should count??? I don't remember fighting for that, especially since it wouldn't really do anything for me since i loss to the ***et there.

For the record i only think dallas should count because it was IN TEXAS. Phase 9 though it was balanced brawl was in dallas, which fortunately is in texas, so i don't really care about that.

But i don't really care too much, i've forgotten how this Pr initially worked with OoS tourneys, so it's whatever.
That's the 1 thing I don't like about the new PR system. I mean system wise it follows the guidelines established (texas only tournaments), but not encompassing the OOS factor will limit this in reality.

In any case my vote is Oh Snap should count if MLG Columbus was counted. But I won't argue lol
All of the MLG's should count. Evaluating them "properly" would be hard, but it should be done. Basically OOS tournaments of significance that Texas players attend should count.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
In any case my vote is Oh Snap should count if MLG Columbus was counted. But I won't argue lol
By "MLG Columbus counting" I merely gave the two guys that went +3-5 points. I figured, why not, since they did pretty good.

Hellllooo Texas!

I was wondering, how does the PR system works when a player plays an out-of-state player at a Texas tournament.
It doesn't. Realistically it's impossible to accurately blend OoS players with Texas players because the OoS players don't have this same system. Even if they did, their numbers wouldn't match up with ours (ie. their best player might only have 1740 elo).

That's the 1 thing I don't like about the new PR system. I mean system wise it follows the guidelines established (texas only tournaments), but not encompassing the OOS factor will limit this in reality.

All of the MLG's should count. Evaluating them "properly" would be hard, but it should be done. Basically OOS tournaments of significance that Texas players attend should count.
It's still pretty dang accurate wouldn't you say?

...yes plz dont tell me that all out of state players count as 1600 players...that would be ********
Somewhat. For players like LeeMartin or Mike Haze I have pre-set elo numbers for them. That way win/losses against them in tourney are more accurately calculated. For most OoS players though, they are 1600. There's really nothing I can do about this, which is the reason I frown upon OoS tourneys being added. We have enough TX tourneys to give accurate elo numbers without having to include all OoS tourneys.

im building the mlg dallas bracket. its hard as ****
I told you. I've tried it before and it's a pain in the butt.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
A lot of Texas players had to play against each other at Oh Snap (i.e Denti and DPhat, myself and Dakpo), is it possible to recreate that part of the bracket to count our sets against each other?

Denti

Smash Master
I do think it's pretty accurate also zac

Hey zac, random question. If I MM'd someone and we both agreed to it, could that also count as a set towards this pr? Just curious

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
A lot of Texas players had to play against each other at Oh Snap (i.e Denti and DPhat, myself and Dakpo), is it possible to recreate that part of the bracket to count our sets against each other?

lol ill definitely keep this in mind for the people who take this game a little bit more seriously than others.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Denti, just make it a single elimination, 2 man tournament in a Tio file. Entry fee would be the money required, and the prize money is winner take all. Make sure to name the tournament, too.

:p

Nike.

Smash Hero
No really lol

$1 entry. We literally decided on $1 so that we wouldn't take it seriously and that it won't count towards the PR. Espy and Polt went random. Paw used MK the whole time since he was under the impression that it won't count towards anything. I forfeit to Megafox.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have no problems with removing Strokeface, Zac.

But just for the record Nike, I was under the assumption that you were referring to the SAPR, not the Texas PR, when we agreed that "it wouldn't count".

That's why I sent Xyro the TIO file in the first place.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Paw is almost out of E-tier. :o

Suspect's tournament should count too. Also, that small tournament that Megafox won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom