• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Paw is almost out of E-tier. :o

Suspect's tournament should count too. Also, that small tournament that Megafox won.
I don't think Suspect has the bracket for F3&K, but it shouldn't be that hard to replicate since there were only 13 people there.

Paw's small tournament is the same thing, really.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
We should have strict guidelines for what tournaments should and shouldnt count. Like amount of entrants, pot amount, etc.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That's a bad idea. If you're not gonna take a tourney seriously, your rank suffers, unless the entrants/TO agree to not having it ranked. Simple.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
We should have strict guidelines for what tournaments should and shouldnt count. Like amount of entrants, pot amount, etc.
There isn't a need for strict guidelines. It's really simple: This system only counts serious tournament head-to-head matches.

Typically serious tourneys and large $ pot tourneys go hand and hand, but it's not always the cause. If you're throwing a tourney just for fun where the prize is candy, then no that won't count. If you throw a serious tourney with $1 entry hoping to get more entrants but only get 9, that will count (given attendees take it serious). Small tourneys, like the latter, have a lower impact on your overall ELO.

So far after going through all the tourneys for about a year now, I haven't run into any problems trying to figure out if a tourney should be counted, or if it should only be counted as a small tourney.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'd personally prefer if it was counted, since it helped my rank a bit. Selfish, yeah, but with my film career picking up, I'm not sure how much more tournaments I can go to between now and when I move out to CA.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think it should count. If u don't want a tourney to count then don't enter or don't do it for money.

I'm so sick of people doing bad then decide to complain so it doesn't count or just joining about w/e when a tourney is counted.

Gnes

Smash Master
I think it should count. If u don't want a tourney to count then don't enter or don't do it for money.

I'm so sick of people doing bad then decide to complain so it doesn't count or just joining about w/e when a tourney is counted.
Nobody's complaining about doing bad. It was a 1$ tourney. People NATURALLY aren't gonna take it on the same lvl as a standard 10$ entry tourney. Not to mention majority of the players did joke chrs and such, i also think it shouldn't count. Some people(nike) for instance believed it wouldnt count for the PR. If this was clarified beforehand, I personally wouldn't have a problem with this counting for the PR.(well that and the 1$ entry)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, it wouldn't be right to count Strokeface. I didn't take it seriously, Espy didn't take it seriously, no one took it seriously. There's no point to rank players if they are not playing their absolute best. I don't want to be in B-tier if I didn't earn my way in.

:069:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I was under the impression that for a tourney to count on the Texas PR, entry had to be at least $5. We voted also with that in mind, with me actually saying "$5 will count towards the texas pr, less than $5 won't" when we voted.

That being said, Zigsta's win against me was legit. He deserves the cred for that and I'm unsure why he's even in F-Tier.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
OH yeah, there might be a "PG" from our previous tourney, which is "peachguard" from STV4.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
it doesnt matter if strokeface is added or not, laurel's ragequit was a serious tournament with a $3 entry and fits the criteria

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ah, so Nike lied to the attendees at Strokeface.
You fiend.

Do yo' homework next time.

Also, you say I wasn't serious because I didn't go Sonic, or something? Because I'll let you know right now that I played every single game seriously. Just because I wasn't playing as Sonic doesn't mean I wasn't trying my hardest to win.

I wouldn't have won otherwise.

=====

I'm all fine for Laurel's Ragequit being added. No problem here.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Since the criteria was changed (about the minimum entry fee thing) and all tourney's can be game, I agree with Laurel's Ragequit being added.

And Espy. You know exactly what I mean lol

Xyro77

When adding players to a tio file please type them in as they are on the tx pr. Please!!!!!

Esca

Smash Champion
Remember to send all TIO files to Xyro. He will prep them up and send them to me.
You had to let Xyro get his hands on it somehow, didn't you?

Seriously can we not have something so biased in Texas for once? I can almost guarantee this list going to even more ****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But...Xyro doesn't do the actual list...

...he just fixes them all up and sends them to Zac, I think.

Xyro77

You had to let Xyro get his hands on it somehow, didn't you?

Seriously can we not have something so biased in Texas for once? I can almost guarantee this list going to even more ****.
Not only do i not control the tx pr i am totally unbiased. you cannot find ONE example of where im biased. I can admit my/royrs/tx/houstons.....ect faults/losses blah blah blah so thats proof of you being wrong. Some uneducated idiot long ago just randomly calls my biased(he didnt even know what that word means...most of you people dont either) and people jumped aboard that wagon cause some how it became cool to call me biased/make fun/insult.....ect. Yet NO ONE can find an example of me being biased.

This **** is really old and totally base-less..

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The last couple of posts have been making my brain cry.
Most likely cause the word "Biased" Is being tossed around left and right in this thread.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Damn I didn't know I was c tier, Pssh c for camping master, if i was though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom