• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It was a free entry tournament, at a convention where over 50% of the entrants are people that we might never see again/not anywhere on the current list, that had single elimination for the first few rounds, in a dark corner shared with 2 other games and a shortage of chairs/hardcore crowding.

All I'm saying is carefully take into consideration the circumstances of the tournament when trying to apply the results to a ranking list. I would LOVE for this to be considered a pretty big regional where I came out of nowhere straight to Winner's Semis and had super close sets with some of the national level players attending, but realistically it felt more like a regular/smaller phase with all good people that was more for fun than for serious business (under $5 entry fee).

Suspect

Smash Hero
I thought there had to be an entry fee for the tourny to count?

Quakecon is similar to playing a huge tourny with a bunch of CPUS, in this case the "CPUS" at quakecon are just a bunch of random con noobs. Only difference is there was a pot prize.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I thought there had to be an entry fee for the tourny to count?

Quakecon is similar to playing a huge tourny with a bunch of CPUS, in this case the "CPUS" at quakecon are just a bunch of random con noobs. Only difference is there was a pot prize.
That's exactly how the first two rounds went. After that it was a normal double elim bracket. One big downside was seeding was awful, even after I completely seeded the thing by skill level from this PR list. I wasn't able to make sure everyone from the same region was separated thoroughly, there were just too many people.

WTF? I disappeared from the list, what happened to CG? :(
Do you want to be known by CG or Chaosgriffin? You're name keeps appearing back and forth. Pick one and tell me / all other TOs who's tourneys you enter.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Updated to include quakecon.

If you were eliminated because of Single Elim (lost in the first 2 rounds) then I did NOT count that against you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
To clarify why it's split in A1/A2 is because

1. A-tier was getting quite large
  2. If i named it A/B instead, then I'd have to rename all the other tiers (being in D tier when you were in C tier sounds awful)
  3. The way to determine if a player is better than another player is by a 50 point gap. A1 tier shows a 50 point gap over A2 tier. Saying D4Ba - 1753.319 is better than DMG - 1737.441 because he has more points is not accurate; the skill point gap is not large enough.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
rofl, Zac just K valued everyone and shot up the rankings. Good **** dude, you deserve it :D

And how on earth did I move up after QC? I felt like I did awwwful. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No. Money to afford a rent-a-car/fix up my car so it can handle trips like those so I can make the trip to Houston/Dallas and play Smash.

I'm down to team with you whenever, but I need to know when I'll be able to attend the next tournament you will be at.

...to be honest, I didn't think people would still want to team with a Sonic.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Why wouldnt people team with a sonic, X just got second in teams at supercon. With reflex
Sonic is a really good doubles partner too.

Combo disrupter, good saver if someone needs help recovering, and with Snake, springing the opponents right into their DThrow or UTilt is a surprisingly effective tactic. Especially against Meta Knights with their jumping OoS habit that's hard to break against Sonic's spring.

From my experience, that is.

Bonus points when you team with a GOOD Sonic too.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
No. Money to afford a rent-a-car/fix up my car so it can handle trips like those so I can make the trip to Houston/Dallas and play Smash.

I'm down to team with you whenever, but I need to know when I'll be able to attend the next tournament you will be at.

...to be honest, I didn't think people would still want to team with a Sonic.
Spindash in to footstool in to my down tilt in to your jab.

Just sayin'

And it's not just Sonic dude, Espy is legit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom