• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh yeah... then theres that evil voodoo black ****** magic in Princess and the Frog :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
RAFE

I should be like 5th 6th on this list. That is all.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Well Jerm I assume your DQ counts as a loss. Theres no way to make it clear that you were DQED.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't see why they shouldn't count.
Jerm, maybe you should just keep your eye on the tournament. :p

TheJerm

Smash Champion
You would have to be there to understand. I had to rush to the venue to make it on time cause there was a 128 man cap. there was no food spots there, so you had to leave to go eat. It takes like 10-15 min alone just to walk to the where people parked, cause to park at the venue is 17 dollars. The venue was also extremely big and we happened to be located at the very back. The only food spot close to the venue was dennys, and there wasnt enough time to wait on that, so we had to drive around to look for food.

So it was either eat or risk getting DQ'd. The DQ should count as a loss in the tournament bracket, by why a loss in the rankings, specially when I beat him in losers

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Maybe you should've woken up earlier and ate.
I'm not trying to make you look like the villain though, I love you.

However, maybe next time you should really put a focus on waking up earlier and eating, so you can prevent this from happening again.

Take some hand snacks as well, if necessary.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I didn't go.
I didn't get DQed.

Your a wimp Jerm, should have had parental johns like me.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
haha, my mom wouldnt let me go either. So I just said I was going to a tournament an hour away

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you announce another tourney/fest, I'm sure people will come.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You would have to be there to understand. I had to rush to the venue to make it on time cause there was a 128 man cap. there was no food spots there, so you had to leave to go eat. It takes like 10-15 min alone just to walk to the where people parked, cause to park at the venue is 17 dollars. The venue was also extremely big and we happened to be located at the very back. The only food spot close to the venue was dennys, and there wasnt enough time to wait on that, so we had to drive around to look for food.

So it was either eat or risk getting DQ'd. The DQ should count as a loss in the tournament bracket, by why a loss in the rankings, specially when I beat him in losers
That's what I like about Texas.

/sigcheck/lamejoke

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Zac, i know you won quake con but may i suggest they you DO NOT count the results for the ranking? I had to DQ over 30-45 people and some were people who are normally not late but were at that time(jerm/zori/pj). Players like me and bear forfeit cause it just wasnt worth all the stress. On top of that round 1 and 2 were single elim then 3 and one were double elim.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Allan can you send me the tio file plz?

I talked with Ran about it. We found a way to correctly add it into the program to ignore the silly single elim stuff. If you don't want DQ's to count, then I can simply take the player out of the tournament. But for players like Jerm they did well even in Losers.

There's no way i'm just "not going to count it" I worked really hard this tournament after I beat infinity,

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Zac, i know you won quake con but may i suggest they you DO NOT count the results for the ranking? I had to DQ over 30-45 people and some were people who are normally not late but were at that time(jerm/zori/pj). Players like me and bear forfeit cause it just wasnt worth all the stress. On top of that round 1 and 2 were single elim then 3 and one were double elim.
^this or juust not count the DQS PLEASE....

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm glad things are being sorted out. It was a hassle but we can't discredit Zac's win it was really impressive. DQ's and forfeits shouldn't count. Also do we know for sure where the randoms came from? I think adding a lot of the randoms and not knowing if they're from Texas or not would be a big hassle too for people not even on SWF.

Edit: Knowing randoms from smashers should be easy but I'm pretty sure Xyro would have to remember the SIGNIFICANT DQ's.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Well, I rather just take my wins and have my DQ against FK count. Should even out regardless. And ill just win hobo xD

*continues plans to kidnap trela*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Quake con should count, but with a huge grain of salt.

48 man bracket, half the points for losing or winning since the tournament was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom