• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Now I'm officially not a texan >_>.

Edit: There now zac owns the thread :).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Are these scores averaged or do they just go up and down depending on who we beat or lose to?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zac, there's two KoN's (KoN and KoN!).
Also, Kinzer is an out of state player (Vegas).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Do tourney results need the TIO file in order to count for this? I attended this LA tournament and would like it to count, but the guy with the TIO file's gone MIA.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's really really hard to use tournaments that are based out-of-state. So many of those players aren't ranked. It could really skew your rating.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's really really hard to use tournaments that are based out-of-state. So many of those players aren't ranked. It could really skew your rating.
Wasn't that the purpose of this PR system--to take OoS players and place them better in tournaments compared to Texas players?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The main purpose was to make it automated (old PR took ages to update) and to remove bias (standard PR systems had panels of people).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The main purpose was to make it automated (old PR took ages to update) and to remove bias (standard PR systems had panels of people).
Ah, ok.

I need to go to more Texas tournaments then, haha.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
no. its just how bad the system works. it takes good players like royr and puts them below players like magik......ROFL

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Maybe if RoyR got off his arse and did something, then maybe he'd be put where he, according to you, belongs.
This system rewards active players for actively winning against other active players. It also rewards players very well for taking down higher leveled players.

Guess what RoyR is?
That's right. The exact opposite of active.

Get it now?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Watch out, he might dedicate a HOBO to crew battle RGV :3

EDIT: What Espy said, marth boards really miss Roy_R **** vids.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Agreed. Houston has more tourneys than anybody. If you're not active in that, it's just a shame.

Xyro77

Maybe if RoyR got off his arse and did something, then maybe he'd be put where he, according to you, belongs.
This system rewards active players for actively winning against other active players. It also rewards players very well for taking down higher leveled players.

Guess what RoyR is?
That's right. The exact opposite of active.

Get it now?
A PR/Tier list system is not and should not be based on activity. Roy doesnt go to nearly ANY events and he still beats people like razer/jerm/ozz/d4ba....ect. And yet hes rankd lower than all of them. This PROVES that this system is not based off of skill....and thats inaccurate.

Watch out, he might dedicate a HOBO to crew battle RGV :3
Nah, rgv isnt anywhere close to Houston in term of skill.

shlike

Smash Ace
Nah, rgv isnt anywhere close to Houston in term of skill.
The only two players that I feel are better than the top players here are razer/gnes. GNES is AMAZING, and razer is really good too. I really wanna play razer in tourney to see how much different it would be, and gnes is just too good. Other than those two...the crew battle would be really close.

flip/jerm/ozz/illmatic/you/royr are all good but not on a different level like razer/gnes are.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A PR/Tier list system is not and should not be based on activity. Roy doesnt go to nearly ANY events and he still beats people like razer/jerm/ozz/d4ba....ect. And yet hes rankd lower than all of them. This PROVES that this system is not based off of skill....and thats inaccurate.
A PR/Tier list system is not, and should not be based on a panelists' opinions, either.

RoyR can beat who he wants, all he wants. If he's not active, that's his fault.
Above that, Xyro, being active is a double-edged sword. Actively losing brings down your points pretty fast.

The list Zac has so kindly put up and worked so hard on works by awarding players who go out of their way not only to be active in the scene, but to beat other players constantly over a period of time.

To be accurately placed on this list, you would need to:

1: Be active
2: Consistently place in a general area.

RoyR consistently places very high. Unfortunately, since his attendance is worse than a college student with nothing to lose, his placing on the PR is inaccurate.

This is how the system works. It's not doing anything it wasn't designed to do. RoyR's position on this PR reflects his consistency in attendance and results.

Instead of *****ing about it, Xyro, maybe you should try to get him to attend more events.

I love you man, I really do, but god, get over it already.

Xyro77

i will not get over a system that DOES NOT value SKILL but rather favors attendance.

TBH, I do like zacs system(compared to the last biased panel) but its clear there are still major flaws:

1. Zac told me that if dojo does not attend any more tournies, he can be stuck in S tier forever(since points are only lost/gained...never created). This is clearly ******** and a flaw.

2. Wether we have a system or not, ROYR is better than:

UTDZac - 1847.850
Trela - 1827.254
D4Ba - 1753.322
Jerm - 1737.644
Dakpo - 1736.936
Shlike - 1731.504
Magik - 1730.788
Ozz - 1727.946
FK - 1713.762
Fliphop - 1709.572

We all know it and see it when u guys play him yet hes UNDER all of them(on the list) simply cause he doesnt come and prove it over and over and over and over again? Hell, royr missed lots of **** then comes to hobo 25 and beats RAZER.......Thats CLEAR proof that attendance is more important than skill. thats just ********.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont see how infinity and d4ba are ahead of me, when I beat them both, and im pretty sure ive been to more tournaments than them. Ive also not lost to anyone lower ranked than me since this thing has started, unless you count losing to shlike at hobo hell, and I think that was before this started though. Even though that prlly counted, still seems wierd

Im not trying to complain, just curious =]

Oh, and about roy, I dont think he's been to enough tournaments to get enough points to stay ahead of everyone when he doesnt play. I mean, Im sure samboner is better than alot of the players on this list, but if you never prove it, how can you rightfully put them ahead of an active player. It was already established that this list is based off who you beat/lose to .. but if you never beat/lose to anyone, you should stay ranked in the same spot right? And the people who do go out and beat/lose to other players, should go up and down on this list. Therefor leaving roy behind logically, and you can see that happening here. Pretty simple

Xyro77

This system needs to be accumulative. U collect points since day one and u lose points since day one. So that way people like royr wont be punished after EVERY EVENT. If he missed 5 events in a row and some one passed him up i could argue that thats fair cause in 5 months he could truly perhaps lose skill. Instead, he can lose 3-4 spaces just cause of some random rgv results being thrown in(which did happen btw)

jerm: re-read this paragraph^

jerm: u cannot compare samboner who DOES NOT play friendlies and has only been to 3 events in his life to ROYR who regulary ***** u and billions of other in friendlies and tourney and MMs. We KNOW how good royr is with or without results. Sam we dont..... so yea, unfair comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom