• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Xyro hates my unbiased ELO system. A shame. I think if there was a better system for ranking players, other organizations (like chess or MTG) would use that instead of ELO.

Allan, I don't think your voice that "RoyR is so amazing and better than everyone-3" is enough to convince me to rethink this entire system just to get him ranked higher. It's pretty simple really, make him play in tournaments. If he's as good as you say he is, he'll beat Razer / Gnes / Lee / Trela / anyone else. Heck, I did it and I shot up ;)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
2. Wether we have a system or not, ROYR is better than:

UTDZac - 1847.850
Trela - 1827.254
D4Ba - 1753.322
Jerm - 1737.644
Dakpo - 1736.936
Shlike - 1731.504
Magik - 1730.788
Ozz - 1727.946
FK - 1713.762
Fliphop - 1709.572

Accurate list, 10 approval!

Anyways me not being 4th is garbage. :)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Tbh, I dont understand the huge RGV boost either, but never questioned it. No offense to magik, but I dont see any way he's better than alot of the players he's ahead of, unless there's something Im missing.

But roy has missed 5 events by now I believe. He only goes to hobo's every now n then. There's other stuff in between hobo's and phases. And like I just said, if you dont beat/lose to anyone he's not really getting punished. Just staying in the same spot, where others are moving up and down because they have been beating/losing to others. Dojo was already so active, and did so well that it'd be hard for people to catch up to that. Roy hasnt been consistantly active in a longg time, and even though we know he's good (just like sam boner) he shouldnt be givin points for beating people in friendlies.

If roy attends more stuff, and ***** like he usually does, then he'd quickly move to his rightful spot, until he stops playing again

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lmao why does xyro care so much about royrs spot. Bet roy doesn't even give a ****. Waste of time to argue about this stuff. Who fuggin caresssssssssss, in the end PRs mean nothing cause this game is hella inconsistent..
I mean why arent you arguing for your own spot xyro. You know your better than a lot of people above you, and your actually active, lol. So if anything, argue that.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm with Ozz. Cool system but who cares? The problem here (imo) is the same as the character ranking thread. Tournaments don't always have the same turnouts. Even if you weight tournaments based off of size, if someone goes to an assload of small ones and does exceptionally well they can be ranked the same level as someone who only goes to the bigger ones.

Either way, who cares who is better? I'm not even listed as a player at all and to be honest it makes me happy.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro hates my unbiased ELO system. A shame. I think if there was a better system for ranking players, other organizations (like chess or MTG) would use that instead of ELO.

Allan, I don't think your voice that "RoyR is so amazing and better than everyone-3" is enough to convince me to rethink this entire system just to get him ranked higher. It's pretty simple really, make him play in tournaments. If he's as good as you say he is, he'll beat Razer / Gnes / Lee / Trela / anyone else. Heck, I did it and I shot up ;)
Ive point out the flaws, its not just what i "think"

I also never said hes better than razer/gnes/lee(though he beats them sometimes). So him being lower than them is fair.

2. Wether we have a system or not, ROYR is better than:

UTDZac - 1847.850
Trela - 1827.254
D4Ba - 1753.322
Jerm - 1737.644
Dakpo - 1736.936
Shlike - 1731.504
Magik - 1730.788
Ozz - 1727.946
FK - 1713.762
Fliphop - 1709.572

Accurate list, 10 approval!

Anyways me not being 4th is garbage. :)
See? Even dphat agrees with me

Tbh, I dont understand the huge RGV boost either, but never questioned it. No offense to magik, but I dont see any way he's better than alot of the players he's ahead of, unless there's something Im missing.

But roy has missed 5 events by now I believe. He only goes to hobo's every now n then. There's other stuff in between hobo's and phases. And like I just said, if you dont beat/lose to anyone he's not really getting punished. Just staying in the same spot, where others are moving up and down because they have been beating/losing to others. Dojo was already so active, and did so well that it'd be hard for people to catch up to that. Roy hasnt been consistantly active in a longg time, and even though we know he's good (just like sam boner) he shouldnt be givin points for beating people in friendlies.

If roy attends more stuff, and ***** like he usually does, then he'd quickly move to his rightful spot, until he stops playing again

He went to hobo 25......its now hobo 27 thus he has not missed 5 events. And do u even keep up with the tx tier list? When the rgv results were added roy and several others droped. And jerm, i bring up friendlies because i asumed you people had the ability to tell whether or not some is good when u play them in any situation. maybe im the only one with that gift. Anyways, when u play roy u KNOW hes better than you. And the times he goes to tournies, its PROVEN. Just cause he doesnt do it as much as u guys want, he get punished for it. WHich is wrong.

Had this system used a accumulative type deal then it would be correct. Take all the HOBO/PHASE/FINAL SMASH/WHOBO....ect results and give points to people for wins and take some points away for lossses. EVERYBODY would be in their correct place because you included ALL data(which also includes the times they are NOT attending) and that will even things out. This type of thing keeps people like shlike/magik from skyrocketing up a list(which we ALL know is BS) and keeps people like jerm above infinity cause in reality its ******** that infinity has quit for a long *** time but passes up jerm who has been active since DAY ONE. The system im talking about accounts and fixes all of that.

Lmao why does xyro care so much about royrs spot. Bet roy doesn't even give a ****. Waste of time to argue about this stuff. Who fuggin caresssssssssss, in the end PRs mean nothing cause this game is hella inconsistent..
I mean why arent you arguing for your own spot xyro. You know your better than a lot of people above you, and your actually active, lol. So if anything, argue that.
I dont argue my spot because i got there by my own hand. I used to forfeit in tournies all the time to help speed up the event(so i can focus more on running it) so my placement is FAIR and EARNED. Roy has been a top 7 player in the state the ENTIRE time this game has been out and ANYBODY who has played him knows it(whether they wanna admit it or not). People like razer/gnes/ozz/me can litteraly LOOK at how roy plays then look at each other and all smile/shake our heads cause we KNOW how good he is(results or not). Again, it may just be a gift we have and none of you are privy to it(how sad). Anyways, royr has been **** on since day one cause he doesnt attend as much as the biased panel wanted and now this new system wants. Its wrong and i would like for it to stop.

IF roy goes to hobo 27, im going to get him to sit down with most of you and let him molest the FUKC out you and then im gonna laugh in you FUKCING face cause alot of you guys are just ********.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm with Ozz. Cool system but who cares? The problem here (imo) is the same as the character ranking thread. Tournaments don't always have the same turnouts. Even if you weight tournaments based off of size, if someone goes to an assload of small ones and does exceptionally well they can be ranked the same level as someone who only goes to the bigger ones.

Either way, who cares who is better? I'm not even listed as a player at all and to be honest it makes me happy.
This isn't true with my system. In the OP it explains that it works based off of head-to-head comparisons. It has NOTHING to do with tournament size.

Gea

Smash Master
Yes, and how does that account for the guy who does better than everyone from a city with no talent then comes back to go even with a player much less consistent than him but they play each other so often that they can trade wins? And if people can sit there forever at their current points level, how is this an accurate depiction of current skill? Once you get high you should bail out and sit there forever. Or am I missing something?

And why doesn't Texas just do a ****ing circuit and rank off of those results directly?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Best part is that even if we did do a circuit, RoyR still wouldn't be too high.
He'd be too busy not going to tournaments. Especially anything outside of Houston.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Because, you know, Shlike didn't beat Zac and Jerm or anything. God that Shlike is such a ****y player. No legitimate wins whatsoever. Terrible terrible terrible.

shlike

Smash Ace
k this is all stupid lol. If there's any zss that deserves to be A-tier its FK lol. Seriously, I've only started to play well this summer. He's been playing well since the beginning of last year. Dakpo is also a very good and very smart player. Since the summer my losses have been to infinity,gnes,dekar, and dakpo. They're all ranked above me so yeah. stop this crap

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't worry shlike, it's really just [Xyro/Dphat] (circle one) again.
IE: Nothing's changed.

Reizilla

Let us not forget that trashy trash Broly who didn't spank that RoyR-dabess ***.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
So... I start off with 1600 points, right? What is the mathematical formula for accumulating/losing points?

:069:

Xyro77

Sounds like 1-1 to me.
more like 400-1. Every time royr has played broly he has won cept for that one time. That day he was throwing up in the bathroom(i was there) he even lost to espy that day due to him being sick. Again i was there.

Either way, ROYR>BROLY. HOUSTON>RGV.

Reizilla

Sounds like johns to me. When Broly lost to him, he couldn't even use his right hand.

Reizilla

Roy entered tourney knowing he was sick. Not Broly's fault. And I completely forgot that Espy's trash too. Thanks for reminding me.

Xyro77

Roy entered tourney knowing he was sick. Not Broly's fault. And I completely forgot that Espy's trash too. Thanks for reminding me.
Dude, you were not even there. He entered the event feeling normal and then ate funplex's ****ty food and got sick a little while later. Several people did that day. A few hobos later when royr was normal he proceeded to **** Espy. Hell, espy even walked back up to the front desk where i was at and said he cant win.

As for broly, lol, he called royr out at whobo 2 for a 50$ mm(turned out to be 5$ or something cause they just wanted the hype) and got ***** by royr(2-0). Royr didnt even accept his money. Case closed, little buddy.

Reizilla

Alright, my best Xyro impersonation:

Broly doesn't even play the game any more. WHOBO 2 was probably Broly's most unprepared event. It was only for ****s and giggles and Broly makes bank so $5 (or even 50) is really nothing. It's not like more than one **** was given that day.

Xyro77

Alright, my best Xyro impersonation:

Broly doesn't even play the game any more. WHOBO 2 was probably Broly's most unprepared event. It was only for ****s and giggles and Broly makes bank so $5 (or even 50) is really nothing. It's not like more than one **** was given that day.

Reizilla

Yes, I'm very mad. I'm super salty because I love over-hyping my favorite players and johning for them non-stop. And when people question me, well, golly gee, I just can't take it and I'm infuriated with their obvious stupidity because I'm always completely right!!!

(lame, overused meme on stand-by)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Actually, Xyro, RoyR and I are 2-0 in tournament sets I believe.

He stomps me really hard in our friendlies, though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom