• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Jerm, I don't have the answer. I didn't help much with putting together the PR list last season. I mostly just made the pretty table on the front page.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
See jerm?!?!?!?!?! SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear, i dont wanna be on it. i cant associate myself with a wrong list made by people who dont know what a PR is for.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Jerm, Zori should probably be above Bear for last season, we'd just placed Bear at 10 and added on Zori later so we missed that his placings were superior. At this point it's too after-the-fact and it's a minor change (one spot difference) so we're going to leave it as is. As it were, this current season's PR is going to be kind of whack and it's already 1/3 of the way through.

Allan, if you REALLY want Roy to be on the list again, get him to go to one more HOBO and enter singles and **** it, and he will be.

Zori

Smash Champion
Alright thanks for clearing that up. The way i see it is if someone asks me what number i am on the pr, me saying '10th or 11th' will not instill fear in there heart lol, my number is not an important one.

Dojo

Smash Champion
You're important to me though. <3

And honestly 10th or 11th in Texas means alot more than 10th or 11th in just about any other state.

Dojo

Smash Champion
3 friendlies at Hobo 14. You won the first and tried to save it. SD card was full. Get wrecked.

<3 We'll play next time I see you. You need to travel.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, got it. I would hassle you guys about some other flaws Ive noticed, but it doesnt really matter. Ima try and convince roy to go to more tournaments =]

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
God dangit allan I don't know why but I'm assuming you're calling me out on me being 5th keep this up it's a good way to lose hobo attendees as I am no longer be attending them if such an ignorant TO is running them. You've insulted me in numerous post and as of now you just lost a potential carpool from dallas at all events. Next time I'll be in Houston will be whobo.

Xyro77

God dangit allan I don't know why but I'm assuming you're calling me out on me being 5th keep this up it's a good way to lose hobo attendees as I am no longer be attending them if such an ignorant TO is running them. You've insulted me in numerous post and as of now you just lost a potential carpool from dallas at all events. Next time I'll be in Houston will be whobo.
Its your call if u dont go to hobos. You pretty much just gave up your top 3 money making ability in teams.

but as for the PR i wasnt pointing you out. you just said u assumed i was. again, i wasnt.

SOS, there isnt a poweranking for melee cause its a dead game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang. I actually agree with Allan on this one.

Part of the problem also is that you have people who are fairly good at Melee, who still play occasionally, but don't play with the "main" melee group. Good examples would be Sethlon and Dojo. They are probably top 10 in Melee for Texas, but they aren't part of the regular Melee guys that are more active for that game.

Also Dphat, you shouldn't care what Allan thinks. Like he pointed out, you take Houston/Texas money almost always whenever you travel to HOBO, at least certainly in teams.

Esca

Smash Champion
Allan is just mad that Trela can't be on the list more.

I'd like to see Trela at places 6, 8, 5, and 13.

If you don't do this I'm gonna call you out. I'm serious.

Xyro77

actually im not arguing for trela or royr. you are choosing to see what u wanna see

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
everyone get s a power ranking for melee besides texas. . . dead game or not we shouldnt be slacking as a state. i still play. your telling me the whole state of tx doesnt have 10 good melee players? i dont believe that for a second. caveman still plays with me. just not enough big tourneys in tx. like ever. :(

i dont know if it matters but some skilled players to just throw out are - Xelic' AustinRC' Caveman" SideEffect' Bluezaft Darkrain' rayzorium' Sethlon' Jake13' Oscar' 'Smiles and myself. among quite a few more decent players who just dont play because the scene is nearly non existent. . . :( i agree the games old but come on why shouldnt we have a power ranking? other states do >.<

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
i dont know if it matters but some skilled players to just throw out are - Xelic' AustinRC' Caveman" SideEffect' Bluezaft Darkrain' rayzorium' Sethlon' Jake13' Oscar' 'Smiles and myself. among quite a feel more decent players who just dont play because the scene is nearly non existent. . . :( i agree the games old but come on why shouldnt we have a power ranking? other states do >.<
Xelic/Smiles/Rayz/SideEffect haven't been to a tournament in forever...Bluezaft probly isn't going to be going to tournaments anymore...and I'm not really top 10 material. If the melee scene actually all met up at one place at least once every 3 months it'd be possible, especially with some of the new/re-comers (Sybawave, dojo, JF, others), but most of the scene is just too lazy (Sybawave thinks going out of city is "travelling", lol).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
dang Sethlon, I will always have your ROY as top 3 in my heart.

*Dtilt*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
most definitely. the melee scene in tx should be revived. i miss it :( i would even start hosting tourneys again if ppl actually came.
Yeah.
Too bad every single one of you is too lazy to do anything about it.

Xelic/Smiles/Rayz/SideEffect haven't been to a tournament in forever...Bluezaft probly isn't going to be going to tournaments anymore...and I'm not really top 10 material. If the melee scene actually all met up at one place at least once every 3 months it'd be possible, especially with some of the new/re-comers (Sybawave, dojo, JF, others), but most of the scene is just too lazy (Sybawave thinks going out of city is "travelling", lol).
This, pretty much.
Sethlon, we should play some Melee soon. Roy vs. Jigglypuff was way too fun. I loved being upB KO'd @ 0% on Pokemon Stadium back in March. <333

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I'd probably come every now and then. SA isn't far and I love Melee.
thank you dojo.

i disagree. i played you back in the day quite alot and you were good. honestly. you dont beat forward in a tournament for no reason son. your only glaring flaw was your character choice. . .no juans. as for the last part i agree that is true. but the players could easily fix this. . .

Yeah.
Too bad every single one of you is too lazy to do anything about it.

This, pretty much.
Sethlon, we should play some Melee soon. Roy vs. Jigglypuff was way too fun. I loved being upB KO'd @ 0% on Pokemon Stadium back in March. <333
lol well i AM trying >.>

Trela

Smash Lord
My mission for this Season is to move up two times.

I will only be mad/sad/not glad if I don't make it on the PR this Season or don't move up at all. Sweet!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I despise that matchup, but its getting to be that way for pretty much all the high tiers, so I'm up for it, lol.

i disagree. i played you back in the day quite alot and you were good. honestly. you dont beat forward in a tournament for no reason son. your only glaring flaw was your character choice. . .no juans. as for the last part i agree that is true. but the players could easily fix this. . .
Key words are "Back in the Day" =/ I've gotten rusty and pretty much everyone else has gotten better.
(And I got 25th at the tourney I 2-0'd forward, lol. Still makes for a great story though, 'specially with the little tournies we held at your apartment on top of it, rofl. I miss the days hanging out before/after a tourney at your place.)

FS8 is looking like it'll actually have most of the melee peeps. Maybe if that kickstarts more melee activity there could be enough material to make a Melee PR.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol well i AM trying >.>
Try HARDER.
lol.

To be honest, the Melee scene being dead kinda blows, since it IS a fun game (it's still a pile of crap because it doesn't have Sonic, but that's not the point).

I despise that matchup, but its getting to be that way for pretty much all the high tiers, so I'm up for it, lol.
Don't worry Sethlon. I despise Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, and Peach, but I had to play them in every single tournament I went to back in '06-'07.

Point being, it happens, you know?

I haven't played Melee competitively since FS7. I'm probably garbage. Bu~t I bet a few rests would put me back in shape. :)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I asked Hylian, and he sort of guided me to the texas threads.... I dunno if right here is the right place to be asking this (if i am out of place... plz forgive a lost person T_T)... but:

Legendary Pikachu (Me) and Arc-thefallen (toon link and my lil bro) are now here in Austin Texas for the holidays visiting our relatives and were wondering if anyone who are free for the next few days (Dec 21-Dec28 and of course, not counting Christmas) would be free for some nice challenging friendlies with us. My bro and I were wanting ot make most use of our Texas visit ^_^. Driving is sort of limited for us tho (we come from North Carolina) but we are currently living in Austin, Texas and any invitation/visit would be really cool ^_^.

Hope to hear from any ppls.

Sincerely,

Legendary Pikachu, LDPK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom