• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A power ranking is supposed to reflect the skill level of the state that the PR is made in. When OOS, complete randoms or ABC want to know who is the top 15 players in our state, they view this list as a quick reference.

The current PR is BS and all of you know it. It DOES NOT reflect our(tx) skill level.

you also say the list is there to promote competition. Im sorry but including unworthy players does not do that. it promotes sense of "wtf this is ********" because people who actually DESERVE a spot(and dont get one) realize thier work was for nothing and the wimps get the spots for doing next to nothing.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you also say the list is there to promote competition. Im sorry but including unworthy players does not do that. it promotes sense of "wtf this is ********" because people who actually DESERVE a spot(and dont get one) realize thier work was for nothing and the wimps get the spots for doing next to nothing.
it's in bold sir

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A power ranking is supposed to reflect the skill level of the state that the PR is made in.
That's not what our PR reflects. It reflects how those players did over the previous season. We include the tournaments used and justify our reasons, and place inactive players on a list. It's pretty clear how the list works, and anyone who reads the topic would know that. It's almost impossible accurately rank people skillwise without bias coming in from somewhere so this is the best option otherwise. PR does not change how good the players are. I mean Razer just lot to an unranked player at hobo20 lol.

Dojo

Smash Champion
How is this list BS? Stop being ignorant. We've already stated that everybody in the inactive list is more than good enough to be on that list. Honestly Roy is top 5 material still. Jumpman and Samboner arguably are as well. Def top 10's. Flip should still be on there, no doubt.

I'd put money that if Santi came into a tourney and tried he could make this list again easy squeezy. You don't see anybody whining about that. Just because they are that good doesn't mean we should include them since they only show once in a blue moon. Nobody gives a hell if I'm rank 1 still but I'm not going to tournaments but once every 3 months.

Stop *****ing because Houston only has 2 players in the top 10. If you want Roy on there get him back into the scene and traveling.

Xyro77

so both of u admitt u dont make correct PR and u dont know what a PR is for. thanks. im happy now.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Good job on completely misinterpreting what was stated.

News Flash: The PR isn't wrong because your favorite players aren't on it.

Like previously stated, if players like Roy and Infinity continue to show up to tourneys (and do well), they will be included on the next PR. If they only show up to one tourney a season, there will be no valid reason to include them on the list. Everyone who made the list earned it by SHOWING UP and doing well. Deal with it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Actually, Ive been curious as to why your ranked 10th bear. Specially over zori. You havnt placed that well on the tournament list, and I dont remember you beating any really high ranked players.

But I could be missing something..

Xyro77

allan once again proves he doesn't actually read the posts, but instead has a list of "oh so I'm right?" posts at the ready for every occasion
why read a post when i know everything and im always right?

tx panelists dont know what a pr is and dont know how to make a correct pr

Xyro77

bear-mario
jerm-link
gnes-ness
razer-ike
dojo-falcon
royr-falcon
espy-sonic
tyson-ness
tallman-lucas
xyro-samus
trela-ike
bored-ike
utd-zelda
kprime-ness
hylian-ike
px-ganon
zori-jiggs
ozz-jiggs
Magik-pkmn t

The list goes on with even more people that i cant think of right now. please make one! and if u want results, i have plenty of them. and u guys can start having it at your events(phase does this)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, a teams player one would be cool. It'd be kinda hard to find out who's the best n such though, but if you guys can. Go for it.

I still dont know about low tier.. dont really care about it, but i'll support it if you guys decide to do it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If Allan doesn't listen to us when we say we want MK legal again or when stages shouldn't be legal anymore (Distant Planet, Luigi's Mansion, etc), then I don't see a reason why we should listen to him about PR suggestions.

The PR list is fine. It accurately tells us who are TX's top players, whether active and inactive.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yeah low tier is a stupid suggestion anyway. Of course Xyro and Espy would be at the top followed closely by Bored, Jerm, Gnes, and quite possibly a few others I can't think of right now.

The doubles seems interested but, how on earth would u determine such a factor when most partners for teams aren't static?

@Zori - are you infatuated with "Flapjack"? You've been on that pretty strong.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Oh legit Ozz I see you ranks and second what you have listed over all. That looks like the list to me.

Dojo

Smash Champion
We get enough complaints about the regular PR. Could you imagine the bull**** you guys would give us if we attempted to make a doubles/lowtier PR.

It's not that important.

Esca

Smash Champion
Ice, I agree.

Texas really doesn't have as static partners as other states, they normally stay consistent.

And I love santi. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
bear-mario
jerm-link
gnes-ness
razer-ike
dojo-falcon
royr-falcon
espy-sonic
tyson-ness
tallman-lucas
xyro-samus
trela-ike
bored-ike
utd-zelda
kprime-ness
hylian-ike
px-ganon
zori-jiggs
ozz-jiggs
Magik-pkmn t
Dang Xyro, you broke my poor heart. </3

Xyro77

the low tier thing was a suggestion that i wasnt too serious about. god knows you guys cant make a normal pr right. so it will b impossible for you to make a low tier one right.

sorry i tried.

Gnes

Smash Master
Alan you must be trolling, you can't possibly be serious, all the people on that list have the tourney results to justify their placings...and the ACTIVITY.

Of course I think he's joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom