• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I hope you realize, playing in tournaments helps you get better overall. You got both experience in a MU and as a player.

That and depending on how the bracket looks, you'll possibly lose to the same people you always do.
Aaaaaaaand afterwards every TV is taken with matches or friendlies already by the time I finish, so I get more practice going to spur of the moment smashfests then I do actually going to tournaments.
>APEX

Tesh

Smash Hero

That and depending on how the bracket looks, you'll possibly lose to the same people you always do.
Aaaaaaaand afterwards every TV is taken with matches or friendlies already by the time I finish, so I get more practice going to spur of the moment smashfests then I do actually going to tournaments.
>APEX
That is why we need more Nikefests. Apex 2013 should be at Nike's house.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hey Texas, I've recently started running the BRM series in La. and it's doing pretty well so far. I'm planning to have the next one towards the end of March and it'd be really cool if we got some OOS attendance. If any OOS plans to show, I'll raise entry into every event to 10$ to give you all more of a chance of making a profit.

I'll post the link to a thread once I get an official date, but I hope you guys can consider coming OOS

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What Slush said.
Also, MMs are stupid, and you don't need Sonic experience because your character is named Snake. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
*Goes to only two tournaments for LSC*
*Plays sama first round Nikefest 4*
*Plays sama frist round LSC*
My diversity luck sucks.

SA is keeping up with smashfests. I kinda hate waiting through tournaments before TVs free up for friendlies, cause more than likely I will be eliminated in two games.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
you only get two sets for $10 if you're bad.

in my opinion, getting the top level players to play a friendly or even a mm is difficult cause they think they're soooooooo cool that you end up getting big leagued

ATOMSK AND ESAM!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Leaf, wtf are you talking about? I honestly don't care about MMs/friendlies because they feel the same unless its for a substantial amount of money. I want SA to come to hopefully play them in bracket.

Oh I see $10 for 2 sets in tourney bracket? I pay $10 for 4+ sets. Those 4+ sets are way better than friendlies to me. You don't get last so you definitely ain't just paying for 2 sets.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tournament matches give you better quality training than any friendly/MM.
This really depends on how serious your opponent takes the match. I know I've played tournament matches against people that were obviously just screwing around and I wouldn't say its more quality than playing them in a friendly.

On the other hand, some people are complete try hards in friendlies.

Denti

Smash Master
I want SA to actually have tournies again :(

The only places that have tournies are Houston, DFW, and Lubbock/Amarillo(aka Dakpo). Come on you guys, it's sad :(

MOAR TOURNIESSSS

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If you can't beat someone that's screwing around than you have work to do. Playing them, if you lose, will obviously help you.

And if you take FRIENDLIES more seriously than tournaments and lose and are ok with it, then fine, you're wasting your money. When you played me Tesh, I didn't screw around. In friendlies, you'd get a different me.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
My wet dream is to play Razer in bracket........in winners finals. NO money match with him will ever fill that void. I want that crowd, I want the hype I want the anxiety.
I miss Texas sooooooo much.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you can't beat someone that's screwing around than you have work to do. Playing them, if you lose, will obviously help you.

And if you take FRIENDLIES more seriously than tournaments and lose and are ok with it, then fine, you're wasting your money. When you played me Tesh, I didn't screw around. In friendlies, you'd get a different me.
I'm sure everyone takes tournament matches more seriously than friendlies assuming thats the only difference.

Assuming I was good enough to beat you, you wouldn't be at all interested in trying to beat me in a friendly or 5$ MM? You wouldn't say friendlies with a challenging opponent isn't more stimulating than wrecking or getting wrecked. As you said, if I can't beat someone that's screwing around then I have work to do. Which means.... practice? By entering a bunch of tournaments or maybe seeking our specific players/characters for practice.

As I said, it depends on the player. I think you may see things differently from your position however.

SA should come anyway, yea its ****ty when there aren't setups for friendlies, but you get better experience playing a more diverse group at larger events.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I play SAers almost as often as Houston players when I go to HOBO.
And I always play the same people in Houston. It's...boring. :applejack:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm saying don't cut out tournament for just friendlies/MMs. That seems to be the attitude here. You need to do both obviously. It took me half a year just to place in money. I did nonstop practice in friendlies/wifi but I always tried to go to as many tournaments as possible.

Espy, seek other people out to play in friendlies an or don't lose in tourney. The rankings are changing and so are the seedings.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think what Slush and Geo were saying is that a smashfest = alot more practice than driving to Houston and then not being able to play due to lack of setups and being eliminated early.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
You would think, but going to syncs house alone is worth more practice than any other city in Texas. HOBO is the icing on the cake. Plus when you loose a match in tourney (after I wash off all the salt) you can always record it and analyze the hell out of the loss. which was worth the 40$ in gas to me.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Can't say that for everyone, probably just me. I have more play time in a Smashfest than in a tourney. I make it to most of the local tourneys with the SA crew, but I never went to any OoS tourneys or smashfests outside of the LSC champs with money johns and skill johns.

I'll just say I have the slowest learning curve of them but will remain playing with SA.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Then go somewhere else and play them.
I'm sure me vs. Trela is the same in Houston as it is in Dallas, Ft. Worth, or San Antonio.

Espy, seek other people out to play in friendlies an or don't lose in tourney. The rankings are changing and so are the seedings.
Yeah, all I have to do is not get hit.
No problem, masterful sage. :applejack:

I do try to friendly people though, but I sure don't take them seriously. I just try to have a good time because tournament crap usually drains me by that point.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i remember me and espy were sandbagging each other and he gave me advice after it turns out i sandbagged more than he did.

CY

Smash Ace
And I'm not S Tier.
you beat me in one tournament despite me not playing Brawl for over a year, and you still barely squeaked by with a 2-1. good job, put it on your resume. and I also didn't feel like waiting around because all you did was run away so I just chased you. I'm sorry but I don't find that fun and neither do a lot of people. someone like Denti is a top player because of his ******** character and how easily you can abuse Olimar. I've seen his other characters and he was bad. I also stomped him in dubz, but that's besides the point, I sound like an ******* now.

but who cares, cuz I still made money at this event. ;)

CY

Smash Ace
So much salt.
I could name people in E tier who could probably beat you.
I doubt that even when I haven't touched brawl since ozz's tournament this summer, and before that a year without playing. when I was active I was beating/on par with S and A tier players. I could care less if someone could beat me now when I haven't touched the game.

a lot of the good players now weren't even competing when Brawl was in it's prime in TX, including you SON.

now go listen to kid a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom