• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
That's actually your second post.
And no, the name needs to be Exactly the same, otherwise you'll be put down as a second person basically.
oh ur rite slush, i forgot about that post about broly :p

also i was looking at how one can calculate their new rating and i come across this formula:

New Rating = Old Rating + "K-Value" * (Win Value - Expected Win Percentage)

i read the procedure that UTDZac posted as to how MTG goes about calculating their ELO rankings and they have different "valued" events i.e. 8k events, 16k events, 32k events, etc.

wat value has all the brawl tourneys been placed under? Is it under the value of 8k, or is it like MTG where bigger events such as maybe the Lone Star Circuit or WHOBO have a higher K-Value assigned to them?

*this question is directed towards those that may know and not just sinister slush

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I believe it uses this:

<KValue>
<Large>24</Large>
<Small>12</Small>
</KValue>

Most tournaments are considered large. Tournaments that have very few good people (like conventions or w/e) or that have extremely small numbers use the Small K-Value.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Do you have it set on the number of top players or number of entrants needed to make it a large tournament or do you just kind of base it on common sense?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Do you have it set on the number of top players or number of entrants needed to make it a large tournament or do you just kind of base it on common sense?
I do not have my program determine automatically, if that's what you're asking. I feel there are too many variables to look at.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Not what I meant. You don't need the program to determine the set number of entrants/top players to determine what is a large or small tournament. You can do that yourself.

For example:

Does it take 5 or more A-tier players to consider a large scale tournament?
Or 30+ entrants?
Is it 5 tops players AND 30+ entrants?

I mean you have to base it off something, you're categorizing them. How?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Not what I meant. You don't need the program to determine the set number of entrants/top players to determine what is a large or small tournament. You can do that yourself.

For example:

Does it take 5 or more A-tier players to consider a large scale tournament?
Or 30+ entrants?
Is it 5 tops players AND 30+ entrants?

I mean you have to base it off something, you're categorizing them. How?
I left that up to Allan. There's no hard criteria that I know of (if there was, it would be automated).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
K Prime, never enter another tournament. Ill will have to beat one of the top four to reach his goal.

:applejack:

sheikamaru

jive
lol how soon will the next update be? and that would be an awesome accomplishment for ill to do so. and kprime can still enter, he just has to not attend a houston tournament lolol

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
K Prime, never enter another tournament. Ill will have to beat one of the top four to reach his goal.
I've done it before and I almost did it this weekend.
Definitely going to try my hardest next time.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades, Illmatic.
I beat Gnes once. It's never gonna happen again. lol. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Naw Peach has a shot. Float cancel bullcrap into legit shield pressure followed by stitch face.

There's no salvaging Sonic besides getting a lead and running away lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Utilt his Pikmin, Egglay him so he can be so far up in the air he's basically near the blast line... Oh and spam eggtoss/don't approach.
And be patient

Nothing else I know about Lolimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom