• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
You did Slush sorry I didn't give you credit. I forgot who posted it so I just reinforced the idea :) Ok I'm sending the PM to Allan with all the name duplicates and OoS.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post but, TOs please pay attention when you're putting names into the tournament! These names were all duplicates I could find (there were a lot more previously but over time people were able to catch them) so please please PLEASE pay attention when signing up names. The PR ISN'T case sensitive so don't worry about that. But, like mentioned earlier, there are common mistakes like (Razer for UltimateRazer) that need to be looked out for. If you don't want to go through all of that, you can just send Tio files to me: Austin.Bastida.Ramos@gmail.com and I'll send them to Xyro to do the PR update. Thank you for your cooperation! :)

D Tier

d4b8 - 1645.46 (duplicate name for D4Ba)
Kprime - 1642.19 (duplicate name for K Prime)

F Tier

Panty 1598.61 (duplicate for Panty Raider)
Kon! - 1586.40 (duplicate for KoN)
King Jacob - 1577.68 (duplicate for KingJ)
Mystic - 1577.13 (duplicate for Maharba)
MeatBag - 1576.88 (duplicate for Chris)
FHero - 1574.00 (duplicate for F-Hero)
K Bot - 1572.44 (duplicate for kbot)
ZtA - 1570.62 (duplicate for Zeta)
DDM3K - 1569.56 (duplicate for Chute)
Max10n - 1558.69 (duplicate for Maaan)
Turbo - 1546.28 (duplicate for Sonic King)
Mike3 - 1530.48 (duplicate for IG88)
Batou - 1505.92 (duplicate for NeoBatou)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't really care about gettin credit or not, just reminding everyone I already suggested it and it was shot down by Xyro and I think Zac as well.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Don't really care about gettin credit or not, just reminding everyone I already suggested it and it was shot down by Xyro and I think Zac as well.
Yo, don't be throwing blame when you don't know where it goes.

Xyro said "No" to retired players in collapsed tags, but I think it's fine.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't matter if YOU care about getting credit or not for correctly spelling your name when you sign up. It's an issue with everyone. If I enter a tourney as "NineBlind" then I'll be ranked as 1600... but I'll be beating people way higher than me, dropping their ratings to oblivion.

Tesh

Smash Hero
as a reference point, i know i get 1600. else denti/dakpo would be soooo much higher
Well thats dumb, haven't you beaten people in B and A tier?
i haven't seen illmatic this salty in a while looooooooooooooooooool, oos state wins shouldn't count for this system, if there was a panel then it would fit so much easier, the weight of oss wins is probably too shaky in this system, you can't count every oss as 1600 wtf lol, there's definitely better oos player than others, in the end of the day I think we should have a panel imo but w/e i don't rlly care. I don't know how my wins on fino and mjg where weighted but i don't rlly care lul just pitting it out there for people who do.

King o B tier right here, I'll help my subjects make it into A tier and S
What is the reason people want a panel. This PR is very accurate at the top and a panel would never bother ranking anything more than top 15-20.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Mr GW, give me every possible name you could have gone by in tournament. Also give me all the names of the events u have been to in the last 6-12 months.

:phone:

Xyro77

Ignore pwii. I'm about to get his *** perm banned. It's time to pay the ****ing piper.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Imo, OoS players that regularly attend TX events should be ranked as well. At least that way their points are fairly calculated. It sounds like there are at least 3 good OoS players that were given a 1600 rating despite the fact that they have showed up before and beaten some of our best players.

Xyro and Zac, do you guys have a solution to that?

Xyro77

Holy ****, STOP ASSUMING. You don't know wtf you are talking about. Mekos or whoever you are talking about was not put at 1600. It was 1800 or more(I'm at school so I can't check).

If you don't like your place here are auto ways to climb higher.

Stop *****ing about a system you can't even comprehend.

Main top/high tier

Use the SAME NAME at all events.

Get better.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i think i was informed that me and chuck nasty were put at 1600 which together cost dakpo/denti at least 100 points.

Bassem on the other hand i thought was put at 1800.

At another time i was informed that we were in the txpr, but invisble. so dont worry about it tesh. stuff will even out. else get better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well do you guys ever disclose and discuss what you rank OoS people or do you just decide?

Also I'm not asking because I'm upset about my ranking. I enterred 1 tournament since October and I placed last. I've also never beaten someone notable from OoS. Never beaten anyone higher than C tier, so I know where I stand here.

I'm just curious about how the system works since the OP doesn't cover everything. Last time I asked a question, the OP was updated with the response I was given so I assume asking questions is okay.

Xyro77

I don't disclose unless asked. The reason why I don't openly disclose is because people like you/pwii are so ****ing uneducated that you would bich if a gave a dirty diaper a rating of 1. It's simply not worth explaining **** to you two colon cowboys.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Pwii, is so stupid.

If I ask a question, it's "salt".
I'm banning him.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh come on, don't lump me in with people that think a panel is better. And you confuse *****ing with asking questions. Funny how you would call me uneducated when all I did was ask a question....which already implies I don't know something.

I don't understand why you call us by such mindless names. The only thing it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance. I guess name calling is your only attack. Because your too weak to challenge me any other way.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Just to be clear. Not all OoS players are defaulted at 1600. If those players are really good in their state, we can set a value for them that feels right.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's moving on to Marvel and being a stock broker

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think there should be a drop box for the retired players so we can see the top clearly.

I know there's a few retired people that are unmarked (Shike, DMG AKA MAH BOI, Dphat, etc) so if you want me to compile them too I will.

Also please take MK off of my name I actually made this PR raise with ALL Olimar and even beaten people I've never beaten before with MK.

Xyro77

I don't understand why you call us by such mindless names. The only thing it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance. I guess name calling is your only attack. Because your too weak to challenge me any other way.
Im not afraid(lol) nor ignorant(thats you, cowboy). i use insults because they are easy to understand.

think about it, if u wanna have a mexcio understand you, you gotta call them an ''illegal" and throw a taco at them. they understand it well.

you know?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not retired (yet). Dojo and I coming back.

Xyro77

There are actually a lot of "retired" people that are NOT retired.

dojo
me
dmg
jerm

.......ect.

Thats why they do not need their own section. I dont want to move and remove them every other month or so.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Ok, that's cool. I was just suggesting that because our PR is not only for us but also for other regions trying to seed our players for nationals, adjust country wide rankings (like the Top 5 thread) and stuff like that.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok, that's cool. I was just suggesting that because our PR is not only for us but also for other regions trying to seed our players for nationals, adjust country wide rankings (like the Top 5 thread) and stuff like that.
If they are so (insert xyro insult here) to not see RETIRED next to a players name then by golly...

also, how is being retired even related to seeding our players at nationals? The retired players dont show up, cause they are retired.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Well, people are ******** sometimes and will just glance at the PR and see a bunch of players who are inactive (thus not losing points or whatever) above a bunch of current players and will be like "oh lower on the list means worse derp derp". I hate to be that guy to suggest something like that, but it does happen. A LOT. The smash community is young and kind of lazy in that way.

Xyro77

Then they need to deal with it.

I vote to lock this poo poo thread until the next update.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Just remove "retired" off of everyone's name.
If they are inactive for two months+ put it on their name.
Once they enter a tournament, remove it.

People think it's "cool" to have retired next to their name for some odd reason, yet they still play.

Don't let their words make the decision, let their actions make it. No one really quits Brawl anyways.

All of these people:

Dojo
UTDZac
Jerm
Fliphop
Xyro

Have attended a tournament within the last two months.
Take retired off of their name until they truly stay inactive.

Or

You can put them in a collapsed section marked retired.
(Retired) looks way too messy when you look at the top of the PR, and it causes confusion.

Tesh

Smash Hero
two months is pretty low. Just make a year and the actual retired/inactive people will be tagged. Which is like half the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom