• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only time we had a bunch of tournaments was last year when we had like... 7 tournaments in a row, with MLG Dallas being one of them. Then having those small $1 or $3 tournaments at Paw's or Nike's place.
Since then, we've pretty much been dead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But we didn't get into LoL until this past Summer. The scene was on its last breath in late Winter. We've been getting by simply because we get OoTers to come to our events.

Our core community is comprised of about 10 or 11 people. Everyone else comes and goes. :applejack:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
The only time we had a bunch of tournaments was last year when we had like... 7 tournaments in a row, with MLG Dallas being one of them. Then having those small $1 or $3 tournaments at Paw's or Nike's place.
Since then, we've pretty much been dead.
Austin and San Antonio should combine regions, both areas are dead and both areas are only an hour away. On a more serious note it will enforce more serious competition considering you have Mizumi kon's and SanJapans combined with Hom's and Beach brawls.
between amongst every one. Nike vs mike 3, Big boss vs Mike 2, Slush Vs Polt,KoN! vs Gova, Espy,Kprime, Zigsta, Sky Priate, Megafox and Paw destroying in teams and going at it. Already you could form a solid top 10 players between the regions. Once again both are not very far away. I mean it takes like 30 mins for me, Xyro, Maharbra to drive to syncs house. Who knows maybe Santi might come back?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Zigsta is moving, Big Boss quit, Don't know about much of Austin quitting or not.
Polt has been busy with MvC3 and is rarely seen on smashboards, I think he's been off it for almost a month now.

Also, When do I get my $30, JRUGS.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Zigsta is moving, Big Boss quit, Don't know about much of Austin quitting or not.
Polt has been busy with MvC3 and is rarely seen on smashboards, I think he's been off it for almost a month now.

Also, When do I get my $30, JRUGS.
Woah Woah Woah! homie it was 25 and u will get it in 2 weeks. Plus dont give up on the idea yet you can still make a solid pr with espy,kprime,megafox,nike,skypirate,zigsta,boerd,Paw,Panty,etc plus like i said both reigions are dying so why not. Why doesn't some one in general get off their *** and save this game its not like we don't have an audience for just MGS and kirby fans alone. **** Ill do it my self if I could i would personally start giving money away just to save this game, it sucks working hard for a game thats fkn dying because every one wants to play victim and just say "oh MVC3 is just better and there is nothing we can do" F that Ill start awarding 5-10th money(WE NEED BETTER PRIZES!!!) just to save this game and if I could I would rent a place just for tourneys.

(who knows I kinda did it before and no one did anything, hell me and zero kinda found like 10 new players and know one cared, its not that brawl is dying or even MK, its just were flat out lazy! and no one wants to play a game that has a super high learning curve and has no chance of you making money because your too late to the party and everyone in your region learned every thing you did thats why people quit no one fkn helps em were the 2nd biggest fkn state and u cant tell me we cant find another Espy? sorry smash community I just dont buy were just flat out dying for no fkn reason)

P.S Im not belittling Xyro's, Sync's,Kyles', or Zigsta's efforts but we need more effort. you can ignore this post and go back to talking about LOL or MLP I don't care one way or another, I just had to go P.J for a moment and get something off my chest. Carry on Texas.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Then why do we only have less than 3000 likes? Im not saying thats bad but I know FOR SURE we have more people that like smash than that.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah, Smash isn't dying.
Also I forgot the price, guess it was $25.

Aaaaand since you just posted, cause Smashboards adding a like function cause of goddamn facebook doesn't mean how popular the game itself is, that and who cares if Smashboards has 5 likes or 50000 likes. It won't bring people from facebook over to here and start wasting money for tournaments.
(I literally hate the fact Twitter Facebook or anything of the like, needs to be Affiliated with EVERYTHING!)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Then why do we only have less than 3000 likes? Im not saying thats bad but I know FOR SURE we have more people that like smash than that.
Because most people don't want closer relatives/friends knowing that they play Smash.

And the fact that kids who play Smash usually don't have a Facebook..

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Yeah, Smash isn't dying.
Also I forgot the price, guess it was $25.

Aaaaand since you just posted, cause Smashboards adding a like function cause of goddamn facebook doesn't mean how popular the game itself is, that and who cares if Smashboards has 5 likes or 50000 likes. It won't bring people from facebook over to here and start wasting money for tournaments.
(I literally hate the fact Twitter Facebook or anything of the like, needs to be Affiliated with EVERYTHING!)
Im not saying its not popular, what Im saying is that over the past 3 years we have'nt capitalized on its popularity enough. you dont find a problem with at first being in th 10000's of viewers for brawl as opposed to being in the 100's thats a lot of people to drop interest. also Im not saying just facebook needs to be involved im saying lets go and recruit its not that hard :p were a good game lets act like it and stop sucking up to MVC3 and running to melee and project M and living in the past.

Even though this is coming from a snake main: we have over 30 chars not all of em can be trash? Im tired of hearing every smash fest "ohhhh my char just sucks let me just pick up MVC3"

@ Illmatic thats the problem we shouldnt be embarrassed to play smash openly any more (were not Magic the gathering). FOR GOD sake we were on the MLG circuit for a reason. :p

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Woah Woah Woah! homie it was 25 and u will get it in 2 weeks. Plus dont give up on the idea yet you can still make a solid pr with espy,kprime,megafox,nike,skypirate,zigsta,boerd,Paw,Panty,etc plus like i said both reigions are dying so why not. Why doesn't some one in general get off their *** and save this game its not like we don't have an audience for just MGS and kirby fans alone. **** Ill do it my self if I could i would personally start giving money away just to save this game, it sucks working hard for a game thats fkn dying because every one wants to play victim and just say "oh MVC3 is just better and there is nothing we can do" F that Ill start awarding 5-10th money(WE NEED BETTER PRIZES!!!) just to save this game and if I could I would rent a place just for tourneys.

(who knows I kinda did it before and no one did anything, hell me and zero kinda found like 10 new players and know one cared, its not that brawl is dying or even MK, its just were flat out lazy! and no one wants to play a game that has a super high learning curve and has no chance of you making money because your too late to the party and everyone in your region learned every thing you did thats why people quit no one fkn helps em were the 2nd biggest fkn state and u cant tell me we cant find another Espy? sorry smash community I just dont buy were just flat out dying for no fkn reason)

P.S Im not belittling Xyro's, Sync's,Kyles', or Zigsta's efforts but we need more effort. you can ignore this post and go back to talking about LOL or MLP I don't care one way or another, I just had to go P.J for a moment and get something off my chest. Carry on Texas.
The Dallas scene died cuz of this lazy ish. And the MvC3 thing too. Now we've got Dallas, Denton, Waco, and all the in between cities as Fort Worth. But I totally agree with this lazy thing. I don't think smash is dying, and the no help thing is evident too. Who knows. I don't really have a solution, but as for our region, we go on strong.

:phone:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Lazy? I used to host Dallas tourneys. I stopped not because I was lazy, but because I was simply done with smash. I took a lot of people down with me too :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zac destroying the scene y?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Half for league of legends and half because traveling on weekends eats up all my time off between weeks (and its stressful too).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Planking razer is indeed very stressful

si si
I wasn't stressed or nervous, tho I was annoyed it was working.

For some reason I dont get nervous playing in tourneys. I do, however, get stressed when playing in teams and I have to rely on my partner to finish the job 1v2 or 1v1. It's so stressful watching razer comebacks.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Lazy? I used to host Dallas tourneys. I stopped not because I was lazy, but because I was simply done with smash. I took a lot of people down with me too :(
first of all Im not disregarding any efforts of any Texas TO's in fact I cant believe I forgot to list you as one of em and I am very grateful for the fact that you practically were the founding father to this great community of players. In fact I will admit my point of brawl just flat dying was a lil harsh, however I do believe brawl should have way more popularity than it does now and most of the community should stop downing the game and actually show support instead of dissing it and running to MVC all the time. It shouldn't be just Xyro and the TO's showing love for this game. This community is soooo nice and friendly that that alone should be alone worth representing.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
how the hell am i d?! I've beaten plenty of people on top of me plenty of times

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't pay attention to this thing, outside of the top tier areas it doesn't even come close to being accurate. i mean hell, esca and smoom are in c-tier. you believe that ****? lol tbh i think we should just have the top 20 listed and have people vote for who goes where. i mean **** does anyone actually care if killik is above or below leaf, i don't even care enough to look it up because i know who is better just by actually knowing them. however knowing whether or not jerm is or isn't higher than espy is important because that's actual PR status.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>vote based

not_this_****_again.png

I only pay attention to this cause of how funny it was when I jumped from F-tier to C-tier in the span of a few tournaments, even if I did improve a bit compared to last year, Even I think that's a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom