• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Allan, your possibly the most biased person in texas regarding things like characters, rules, and rankings. You think your opinion is correct and everyone else's obsolete.

For example you just said you have a better tournament record then bwett. Your tournament record barely holds a candle to bwetts lol. When have you taken Dojo/Razer to 3rd game last stock last hit? When have you beaten people like Melee1? When have you gotten 2nd in OOS tournaments?(He travels OOS too, not that you would pay attention...Actually..I think he's been to more OOS then you have).

You aren't objective in the slightest.

Since there is so much backlash, I'm just going to cut off 16-20.

Gea

Smash Master
Hylian said:
2. Because of this, we can pick a couple of different players from different cities for 15-20 and put them there. Doing this promotes traveling between cities, and for the people's friends on the PRing's to try harder. If you know you are better then someone on the PRing's, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it right?

3. The people we place on the bottom don't nessesarily have to be the best in the group of people they play with, just people who have done something impressive recently. This makes their friends try harder in tournaments, and improve more, shooting for those impressive upsets/placings to surpass their friend, rather then just playing normally at tournaments.

I didn't put you on here because I thought it would make you improve more seeing take there instead.
Look, I could care less about who is ranked what, as ranking lists (just like tier lists) are never accurate and do not directly effect gameplay. Most people think I suck, don't care. Whatever.

But if you want to be serious about a Power Ranking, this is not the way to do it. A power ranking is supposed to accurately rank the players.

You have outright said this list is not that. There is a problem there and the community pretty much agrees. I don't think people are so much mad with the placements as your crappy justification. Rivalries should not be "inspired" by a list in place of accuracy. What's more is these rivalries will never really take place due to this list because everyone considers it bull**** anyways.

I can beat alot of people on that list. OHLOLOLOL I R BETTER I ASPIRED TO GET THAT GOOD.

No, it means the power ranking list has some definite problems and where it should make players happy to beat these players in tournament instead it makes it less inspirational.

Way to go.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Look, I could care less about who is ranked what, as ranking lists (just like tier lists) are never accurate and do not directly effect gameplay. Most people think I suck, don't care. Whatever.

But if you want to be serious about a Power Ranking, this is not the way to do it. A power ranking is supposed to accurately rank the players.

You have outright said this list is not that. There is a problem there and the community pretty much agrees. I don't think people are so much mad with the placements as your crappy justification. Rivalries should not be "inspired" by a list in place of accuracy. What's more is these rivalries will never really take place due to this list because everyone considers it bull**** anyways.

I can beat alot of people on that list. OHLOLOLOL I R BETTER I ASPIRED TO GET THAT GOOD.

No, it means the power ranking list has some definite problems and where it should make players happy to beat these players in tournament instead it makes it less inspirational.

Way to go.
I said that was only true for the bottom 5, which I just cut off.

Bwett

Smash Ace
and mine are better AND i travel oos(multipel times) and look where i get? The panelists dont know ****.
I'd rather not get into this feud because the PR has so much drama already, but I can't sit back and let you spew nonsense. You shell out facts that aren't true and give no backing to support them.

Let's look at how your results are so much better than mine starting from 3/19/09, when the last PR was made. If I missed a tournament or going OoS somewhere, you are more than welcome to add to it.

College Station
(7th) bwett
(9th) Xyro

We played in this tournament and I beat you. No johns. Learn to not get ***** by D3. I also took Dojo and Razer to game 3...can you do that?

WHOBO
(25th) bwett
(33rd) Xyro

Oh, dang. Here, I took DSF to game 3 in a MM. How about you?

HOBO 16
(13th) Xyro
(25th) bwett

Arg, you outplaced me.

AirBrushKing PLAY N' TRADE Fight Club
(5th out of 26) Xyro

Good job =)

LasT3
(9th out of 81) bwett

Tulsa, OK Tournament
(2nd out of 41) bwett

2-0 Affinity, 2-0 Inferno, and beat Clel, a big piece of KS power rankings (<3 <3 <3)

So within these past few months, I've outplaced you 2/3 times, I've gotten a higher placing with more people in the tournament, and I've been to Oklahoma and Louisiana. Btw, which OoS tournaments have you been in since the last PR? Dang, that must suck.

Don't judge the panelists and their knowledge when you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

EDIT: Hylian beat me to it lol

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Here's my question: What are you little kids going to think of yourselves when your capacity for logic and reason finally catch up with your actual ages, and you all decide to experience life outside of the Smash World Forums?

This is one of the rare moments in my Smash experience where I am actually embarrassed to be from the South.

Quit acting like *****, please.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Xyro dont compare yourself to Bwett. He's proven more than you. The man almost beat DSF with Yoshi. Your a good player but you are also in charge of your own brackets at your tournaments, and whenever you travel to someone elses tournament, he outplaces you.

Anyways Hylian agreed to take out 16-20 so there should be 0 complaining now.

Santi

Smash Lord
Here's my question: What are you little kids going to think of yourselves when your capacity for logic and reason finally catch up with your actual ages, and you all decide to experience life outside of the Smash World Forums?

This is one of the rare moments in my Smash experience where I am actually embarrassed to be from the South.

Quit acting like *****, please.
This is my life.
SMash is my life and always will be.
I never will expierence anything outside this forum because this PR list and videos games is too important to me.

Hanson let's move to Cali o.0
bag em hoessssss

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan, your possibly the most biased person in texas regarding things like characters, rules, and rankings. You think your opinion is correct and everyone else's obsolete.

For example you just said you have a better tournament record then bwett. Your tournament record barely holds a candle to bwetts lol. When have you taken Dojo/Razer to 3rd game last stock last hit? When have you beaten people like Melee1? When have you gotten 2nd in OOS tournaments?(He travels OOS too, not that you would pay attention...Actually..I think he's been to more OOS then you have).

You aren't objective in the slightest.

Since there is so much backlash, I'm just going to cut off 16-20.
taking some one to last stock last hit..........and yet he still loses. dont mean much.

good you took of 16-20. The people who dont deserve it.

I'd rather not get into this feud because the PR has so much drama already, but I can't sit back and let you spew nonsense. You shell out facts that aren't true and give no backing to support them.

Let's look at how your results are so much better than mine starting from 3/19/09, when the last PR was made. If I missed a tournament or going OoS somewhere, you are more than welcome to add to it.

College Station
(7th) bwett
(9th) Xyro

We played in this tournament and I beat you. No johns. Learn to not get ***** by D3. I also took Dojo and Razer to game 3...can you do that?

WHOBO
(25th) bwett
(33rd) Xyro

Oh, dang. Here, I took DSF to game 3 in a MM. How about you?

HOBO 16
(13th) Xyro
(25th) bwett

Arg, you outplaced me.

AirBrushKing PLAY N' TRADE Fight Club
(5th out of 26) Xyro

Good job =)

LasT3
(9th out of 81) bwett

Tulsa, OK Tournament
(2nd out of 41) bwett

2-0 Affinity, 2-0 Inferno, and beat Clel, a big piece of KS power rankings (<3 <3 <3)

So within these past few months, I've outplaced you 2/3 times, I've gotten a higher placing with more people in the tournament, and I've been to Oklahoma and Louisiana. Btw, which OoS tournaments have you been in since the last PR? Dang, that must suck.

Don't judge the panelists and their knowledge when you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

EDIT: Hylian beat me to it lol
you had to go ddd in our fight cause you couldnt beat me. in fact, i think EVERY TIME we have met you lost to me when it was main vs main. wimp.

in fact, if you look at the HISTORY of all the events me and you BOTH go to, im higher. My argument against you aint about this list. Its about ALL the past present and future PR lists. They will never be right because the panelists dont look at everything.

Xyro dont compare yourself to Bwett. He's proven more than you. The man almost beat DSF with Yoshi. Your a good player but you are also in charge of your own brackets at your tournaments, and whenever you travel to someone elses tournament, he outplaces you.

Anyways Hylian agreed to take out 16-20 so there should be 0 complaining now.
ozz again, your wrong(like normal).

When i talk about rankings i talk about OVERALL and not just 3-4 months ago. WCSL, dibbs 3, hobo 1-16 and several more.

Come pare that to bwetts, i win. BOOM case closed.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Typical "I'm right your wrong" attitude that you have. I'm not putting up with it. Bwett already proved hes better, me and Hylian agreed too. Who is on your side? no one. im done with this thread

Xyro77

Typical "I'm right your wrong" attitude that you have. I'm not putting up with it. Bwett already proved hes better, me and Hylian agreed too. Who is on your side? no one. im done with this thread
ok. get mad. that makes me feel better.

i dont need people on my side. i aint into double/triple teamin people. Compare out records. THE TOTAL HISTORY of our records. Boom, i win.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok. get mad. that makes me feel better.

i dont need people on my side. i aint into double/triple teamin people. Compare out records. THE TOTAL HISTORY of our records. Boom, i win.
Compare the total history of my records with all of texas.

BOOM, I'm 3rd best in texas.

You're logic is laughable.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Hanson let's move to Cali o.0
bag em hoessssss
If we had a Ho-Baggin' Southern PR List, you and I would be tied for first. Gness and Inui would be in the same tier and randomly round out the bottom of the Top 20 list. Inui would be one spot ahead of Gness.

Suspect would still not be on this list.

Gea

Smash Master
Allan, counterpicking is a legit strategy. It takes more skill to juggle multiple characters and shows you are a smarter player if you are able to counterpick intelligently.

You had the same choice as Bwett did. You choose to stay Samus against DDD. No johns. The PR isn't about who stays as one low tier character and does well. Character choice should not even have a bearing.

The PR should not reflect everything from day 1 either. It should reflect who currently is better than who to the best of the abilities one can take.

CY

Smash Ace
guys, it really doesn't matter anymore, he took off 16-20, and rightfully at that.

all that matters is that i'm the SEXIEST, TANNEST, AND SMOOTHEST smasher in TX/South

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
guys, it really doesn't matter anymore, he took off 16-20, and rightfully at that.

all that matters is that i'm the SEXIEST, TANNEST, AND SMOOTHEST smasher in TX.
I'll cave to the second adjective, but not the first. The third one is a maybe.

Xyro77

The PR should not reflect everything from day 1 either. It should reflect who currently is better than who to the best of the abilities one can take.
but IF they were smart and look at RESULTS from day one till now and they would see who CONTINUES to climb vs WHO continues to fall. This needs to be considered, and obviously by the list, it doesnt

aka 16-20

and yes i know, they took them off. Only after we threw it in thier face and called them idiots. The point still stands that if they were willing to leave those 16-20 on there even though they KNEW it was wrong. it says alot about thier "PR making" skills

Gea

Smash Master
RT for panda-iest.

but IF they were smart and look at RESULTS form day one you will see who CONTINUES to climb vs WHO continues to fall. This needs to be considered, and obviously by the list, it doesnt
That's not entirely true. I could have climbed for a looong time and gotten to 3rd then just lost it for a few months. Placed last at some stuff. I no longer deserve to be on, even if I used to place higher. I no longer am better than those people that were below me.

And I would say it is safe to point out that past results do enter into this if they need to.

You ignored the rest of the argument though. It does not matter if Bwett went DDD. He beat you fair and square.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What CY said.

16-20 are gone. All arguments about this list should be irrelevant now.

@Sexy: I can prove that wrong.

Wait. Oh shi-

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dojo is unsexy.

C what I did thar.

Jk, <3 Dojo.

Gnes

Smash Master
If we had a Ho-Baggin' Southern PR List, you and I would be tied for first. Gness and Inui would be in the same tier and randomly round out the bottom of the Top 20 list. Inui would be one spot ahead of Gness.

Suspect would still not be on this list.
OH SHIZ...uh uh u dont know Gnes past. He was pimp, a gangster, but more than that, he was leader. His gigantic testicles coupled with the mammoth were undefeatable. What entity could withstand his amazing vigor. I ask u, who?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
OH SHIZ...uh uh u dont know Gnes past. He was pimp, a gangster, but more than that, he was leader. His gigantic testicles coupled with the mammoth were undefeatable. What entity could withstand his amazing vigor. I ask u, who?
Chuck Norris?

Although that is a false statement, you still followed my rules RT. <3
I love following rules. :)

Xyro77

You ignored the rest of the argument though. It does not matter if Bwett went DDD. He beat you fair and square.
im sorry but a character than can CG you all across ANY STAGE at ANY % is not fair. regardless if its samus or dk or whatever.

You can not have any variation of the word sexy in your sentence/statement if it not directly correlated with me.
Go back and find sentences with sexy in them and replace it with dojo. it sounds really funny.

Zori

Smash Champion
ALL THIS DUN MATTER BECAUSE EVERYONE IS GETTING THE **** FROM MY OLIMAR AT OZZFEST 2 !!!!!!! I DUN CUR WHO IT IS YOUR ALL GETTING THE ****, YOU SEE OLIMAR'S UP-B ITS NOT 6 PIKMIN IS REALLY HIS ***** GIVING YOU THE BIZNUSS AND DON'T YOU DARE GRAB THE LEDGE CAUSE I MIGHT HAVE TO GROPE AND SEXUALLY SEDUCE YOU IRL :embarrass

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zori, that proposal makes me WANT to grab the ledge even more.

Suspect

Smash Hero
why the hell is le thien even here and mentioning my name being on the list when no one did and neither did I? That boy still on my ballz? must be, what a scrub *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom