• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hmmm Pop, me and Dojo talked a little about the community like some time today. This PR list has truly shown(forgive me U EXPOSED LOVERS) a different side of people. We also talked about how the game is progressively becoming not about how i can beat my opponent but how can I outgay them. The community is really starting to take a turn for the worse. Yeah, this thread has shown how competitive our community really is, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but man, watching Esca and CY throw arguments against one of their own was really hard to read. On the last PR, my bro flip was one spot of ahead me. Instead of posting tournament results and the like, I practiced ALOT, changed my entire style, learned more techniques, studied the character from the bottom up. Now im higher than him, and now its his turn to step it up. Its all about the way in which look at the PR. I had my own issues with the plenty of the lists that the PR have been put up yet i have chosen pretty much every time to not say anything. Why? Simply put, the PR is just a collective opinion by knowledgeable players. Its only their opinion, why fret so much. In the period i was ranked 15th in Texas, I took out DMG who was second at the time and almost took out Roy who was first. The funny part, those matches were back to back. At that point i realized that the PR is meant to inspire people to get better, to inspire for smashers to reach for those amazing individuals at the top.

After reading this thread a little more I have a lot on mind. Im starting to really think about why i play this game and what I want to accomplish from it. Though i love this game, its far from perfect. The thing that keeps me going this awesome community that I love, and the lifelong friends that I've made. I hope we as a community we can put all this behind us.

Im not really use to posting stuff like this. This isn't mean to bash anyone in anyway, I just had something I needed to get off my chest.
dont wimp out. just play

Esca

Smash Champion
Hmmm Pop, me and Dojo talked a little about the community like some time today. This PR list has truly shown(forgive me U EXPOSED LOVERS) a different side of people. We also talked about how the game is progressively becoming not about how i can beat my opponent but how can I outgay them. The community is really starting to take a turn for the worse. Yeah, this thread has shown how competitive our community really is, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but man, watching Esca and CY throw arguments against one of their own was really hard to read. On the last PR, my bro flip was one spot of ahead me. Instead of posting tournament results and the like, I practiced ALOT, changed my entire style, learned more techniques, studied the character from the bottom up. Now im higher than him, and now its his turn to step it up. Its all about the way in which u look at the PR. I had my own issues with plenty of the lists that the PR have put up yet i have chosen pretty much every time to not say anything. Why? Simply put, the PR is just a collective opinion by knowledgeable players. Its only their opinion, why fret so much. In the period i was ranked 15th in Texas, I took out DMG who was second at the time and almost took out Roy who was first. The funny part, those matches were back to back. At that point i realized that the PR is meant to inspire people to get better, to inspire for smashers to reach for those amazing individuals at the top.

After reading this thread a little more I have a lot on mind. Im starting to really think about why i play this game and what I want to accomplish from it. Though i love this game, its far from perfect. The thing that keeps me going this awesome community that I love, and the lifelong friends that I've made. I hope we as a community we can put all this behind us.

Im not really use to posting stuff like this. This isn't mean to bash anyone in anyway, I just had something I needed to get off my chest.
Gnes, Don't patronize. The leading factor of you being above Flip now is because he **** near quit and plays this game for fun.

Now, the reason CY and I were throwing arguments against Take being on there, was because the best were not being recognized. I don't know how to explain that any better, at all.

Cy should have been on that list, plain and simple. Ya dig? Now, it may inspire CY to strive and get better at the game, but let's think. Let's say CY does amazing in the next few months, and the panel decides to put another random person of lesser skill on the list instead. WHAT HAS CY ACCOMPLISHED?

NOTHING. After all his doing well in tournaments, someone is still on the list that shouldn't be.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Gnes had to beat 95% of tx before he got to be number 15 lol,santi is in the sbr for no reason lulz,get wrecked,look at beaumont a year ago and then 6 months ago and then now,so much improvement,good ****

Popertop

Smash Champion
imo, it shouldn't really be taken that seriously.

it's really hard to rank this many players.

our region is just too big and too good to accurately make a list.

I dunno, if you were gonna extend the list to 20, then it should reflect the people that are right under those players, not "a few players from different cities to motivate travel/competition between cities".

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Nobody cares bout 15-20 anyway,its all about social groups hehe.this was proven by santi zac and hylian.so funny,pop add my aim/text me son

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Duffman, did you fully read my post? That's teh reason i said stoop to our level. Lol. If you want to be revered or honored by the smash community, then you shouldn't resort to immature comebacks. Me on the other hand, I don't give a ****. I'm accepted by other groups rather than the smash community, so I don't need this.

You play G&W? I'll $50 money match you. Pit vs G&W. 3/5. Neutrals only.

And now that I look at it, being in the 16-20 seems more of an insult. They said they threw in RANDOM players to get people to travel. Lol..
The only reason i am not fully accepting this is because of money. Its hard for me to travel moneywise as it is but let me try and see if you accept my deal. I know you are better than kailo. How about when the 3 of us are together, i play kailo first and if i beat him, our match follows? That is really the only way i would throw 50$ in there.
OR
lower it to 20$ either way.

Esca

Smash Champion
$20 is fine, and that's a deal. I really don't have a problem with you. I'm just really really aggravated at the community right now for stepping up and not following through.

Santi

Smash Lord
Omg suspect and esca I love you both,esca to answer your question,its like the cliques in middle school lol,if xyro or ozz says something like well see how santi singled out ozz,cuz people will back up santi. Like idk the "cool kids" lulz so he picked on ozz,for fun only of course but the fact remains,the people you are referring to don't realize that the masses don't like them lol maybe its because they are shifty and shady so people treat them the same ,kinda like when you have to justify texas to other states by saying "its ok we aren't all like hylian" and they are then relieved,these are just the facts of the community,escas legit lol,whatever feeling any of us may carry are obviously there for a reason,if anybody gets grief then they brought it up themselves.so cute :]
lol i just wanted to start flaming and start a rampage
:)
sucesss!

I'm not a cool kid and never have been. During high school I had no one to sit with during lunch. Nobody knew who I was. I didn't belong anywhere and I was just a skinny kid with a pube head. Never had a girlfriend or a date.

Thanks Kailow for making me remember that and relive that.

I hate you :(

edit: and the reason I attacked Ozz over Xyro is because I don't like Ozz and if you say something to Xyro... it goes in one ear and out the other. and then he types in big bold green letters.

:)
if people take this seriously they should die

CY

Smash Ace
lol gnes i attack take on random stuff anyway just for fun. don't take it like i'm mad at take or something, i just mess with him like that.

also, it's just a list, really i don't care about being on the list. i suck at this game. but i can still kick duffgirl's little ***. oh, and error for that matter. el paso can kiss my *** for no reason.

EDIT I JUST FLOPPED TRIP 4'S and won a huge pot on pokerstars. **** ME! $100 pot, holler

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
edit: and the reason I attacked Ozz over Xyro is because I don't like Ozz
For what reason? i never talked to you nor do i talk bad about you. i actually liked you, for having a pure personality and always being nice to others so please again, state why you hated me? im very surprised someone i never talk to/talk about actually dislikes me.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Santi good news,I just got my custom wallet I orded in the mail,ima put dufdmans money in it,get wrecked,btw what hair products do you use santi?I use a mix of acce-hi shampoo and cheap strawberry vanilla shampoo cuz it smells legit

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Holy ****.

Ok, for I while I was reading this because it was funny, but now it has gotten pretty bad. You guys really need to stop. I can't remember who said this earlier, but the PR is just a list. I doesn't really matter.

You know why I travel so much. I can promise you it isn't because of this game. If I really cared as much about placing high in tourneys or making money, I would keep good on my silly little promises and actually cp ever single one of you guys. The reason I don't is because I love y'all. I really travel as much as I do because I enjoy going to events to hang out with my out of town friends.

This game shouldn't matter that much. I think that you guys are getting into fights over absolutely nothing.

Gea

Smash Master
Santi good news,I just got my custom wallet I orded in the mail,ima put dufdmans money in it,get wrecked,btw what hair products do you use santi?I use a mix of acce-hi shampoo and cheap strawberry vanilla shampoo cuz it smells legit
I used to use cheap Strawberry shampoo but now I alternate between Cheap Coconut/ Cheap Oceanbreeze.

Not that you asked me... :(

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes, Don't patronize. The leading factor of you being above Flip now is because he **** near quit and plays this game for fun.

Now, the reason CY and I were throwing arguments against Take being on there, was because the best were not being recognized. I don't know how to explain that any better, at all.

Cy should have been on that list, plain and simple. Ya dig? Now, it may inspire CY to strive and get better at the game, but let's think. Let's say CY does amazing in the next few months, and the panel decides to put another random person of lesser skill on the list instead. WHAT HAS CY ACCOMPLISHED?

NOTHING. After all his doing well in tournaments, someone is still on the list that shouldn't be.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
:(
I dont want to and will not talk about the PR mishaps anymore, and i dont wanna play the "lets see into the future game." Its pretty pointless. Theres a reason Zac/Dojo stop talking about it. Its pointless.

I will respond to what u said about flip though, and not in my normal happy mood.

Do u actually know what ur talking about? Do u actually know when he decided that he might stop playing brawl as seriously before? Do u even have meaningful conversations with the guy? U do realize that to attend tourneys flip has to drive stupidly long distances right. Not only that, but he's a recognized wifi pro whos won more money online than u have in real life. Yeah, he invests alot of his time to wifi. On more than one occasion, I've talked to him on the phone WHILE he was practicing techniques. The funny part is, of course u wouldn't know this considering u just throwing out random statements,he actually practices more than me considering I'm a dedicated student during the week, HOWEVER, when he learns something out he always shares it with me, hence our styles becoming more similar and me not falling behind.

The reason Im above flip is not because he quit, nor is it because im better than him, its simply because I'm more consistent in my placings. Thats all.

I dont understand why u couldnt understand the bottom of my previous post. I mean ****, I was writing that for me. I dont whats the point of u trying to bash my placings. I guess u totally missed the point of my previous post...whatever.

Esca

Smash Champion
If it doesn't matter, then why is there even a list at all?

Gnes, how did I bash your ****ing placings?

Flip was a top player. Then he basically stopped coming to tournaments. You are more consistent because you go to more tournaments. It tends to happen. When you practice, you get better? Suprised? When you quit, you get worse. It happens.

I wasn't bashing you as a player. I think you're an amazing player, and could **** me any day of the week. Hell, you've proven it in tournament. I'm just pointing out that if Flip would've stayed in the scene just like you have been, then the probability of him being above you still would've been greater, but we don't know now.

I'm sorry if that came off the wrong way. I just want you to stare at me with those big brown eyes and those ET fingers wrapped around my locks, as you pull ever so furiously, and as I swallow your cyclops and gargle your sperm, I want you to jsut laugh. I miss those days. I miss that happy Gnes after blowing a load in my mouth. I just want you happy. The Gnes laugh.

Yeah, The Gnes Laugh.

Santi

Smash Lord
I dont wash my hair.

like ever.

Ozz you need to stop getting butt hurt. I never said I hated you and you should know that I don't hate anyone in the smash scene. (besides some of east coast and west coast+ I also hate sebrik or whatever his name is from florida. ultimate douche he is. those are the only people i dislike in the smash scene)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5683792&postcount=377

that post from you is what I was talking about you not knowing what goes on outside of houston or what brackets look like.
I have held that grudge for seventh months and I think about that post every night before I go to bed. It has caused me to cry days on end. I had to receive counseling because of the hurt I took from that post. Thanks for ruining my life.

I hope you can tell I'm JK in this post Ozz.

On a more SERIOUS note.... we all need to chill out.
We are acting like West Coast HARDCORE!!!!!

WE ARE THE MUTHA ****INNN SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we go to ihop after tournaments and jump beah because he doesn't know who would win in a fight between m2k and anther.

we go to raves and grind on eachother.

we like talking gay in the houston thread and spamming hardcore.

we have a ****in panda rocket trainer?!??!?! WHO THE **** HAS THAT!!!?!?!

NO one.... just the ****in south baby.

we are badasss and we need to calm down about this list. We are too badass and cool to worry about this ****.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
santi fine whatever, just please realize not everyone is amazing at understanding peoples messages on the internet or w/e. lets move on

Santi

Smash Lord
santi fine whatever, just please realize not everyone is amazing at understanding peoples messages on the internet or w/e
i know.
But have I ever been... :mad:grrr blah blah?

I truly am sorry if you took my posts the wrong way. I know it was random douchery on my part but like always I wasn't serious.

Suspect

Smash Hero
santi must of went to a lame school for that stuff he said to be true....yea i think he was the only cool person there.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info gea,
@santi:west coast<3
Gea me and you should make a new panel for sodas and we can power rank them,only 15 of course,it may inspire competition in the soda industry

Esca

Smash Champion
Santi, I'm truly and deeply sorry about Ozz hurting your feelings with that post so much. It makes me tear up just thinking about you crying, baby. =/

On a lighter note, I do want to remain neutral/on good terms with most everyone in this thread. I'm sorry if my posts have come off as crrude or rude and I apologize for this.

On a side note of the lighter note, Suspect, your losing your money. And Razer. And someone else who wants to mm:?

Esca

Smash Champion
Seriously though, this is worth a double post.

Look at what Take posted in the Marth boards regarding Marth's placing on the tier list.

"My brethren, I come to you on this day to address the travesty that hath begotten our people....

We hath been betrayed by our own kind, the primate whom dances with bananas. We once considered him brother to our cause; the cause for which we rage this eternal war; to destroy the winged menace that is METAKNIGHT. Evidence of our brother's success in battle hath reached the interests of the smash gods in their domain of review. The monkey wholeheartedly accepted their gift of elite rank, and left his former rival and companion, us, behind.

While our former allies have moved on, our people hath regressed into rank 7. Yes, 7 is still feared because 7 hath eaten 9, but this placement cannot and SHALL NOT be allowed. Our community and brotherly bond tramples that of others. Our ideas and ingenuity hath been replicated and stolen by their ranks in attempts to match our greatness; but, my brothers, I am here on this day to proclaim "THEY HAVE FAILED!" Our elitism hath more merit behind it than any dogma that the flying fiend could muster. His ranks are filled with cowards, feeding their wallets with the hard earned funds of the valiant, we among them.

My brothers! I come to you on this day to ask you a question: Are we men? Are we going to allow this travesty to progress? Will we permit this putrid poison to continue infecting our community?

My brothers! To these questions I answer "NAY!" We must fight and defeat our menace and prove to the smash gods that we belong with the ranks of the Snaykes and the Falconics.

My brothers! On this day we must take up our banner and wave it boldly across the lands as we march until our dieing breath! Today we fear no more! Today we FIGHT! Today we shall be victorious!

In the words of Pittacus: VICTORY IS OURS!!!"

WTF.

Gea

Smash Master
Dr. Pepper is on the top of the Soda PR. We're putting Squirt at 15 and leaving off Jones Soda so maybe they will step it up.

Santi

Smash Lord
santi must of went to a lame school for that stuff he said to be true....yea i think he was the only cool person there.
its true

dojo was only my friend because he saw how I was picked on and made fun of.

the whole school actually called me "boiler" because I was caught masturbating in the boiler room during lunch.

My prom date was cake.

the only time i made people laugh was during the football games

and I guess that was because I was a cheerleader.

I was this close to having a girlfriend but she was an exchange student from japan and once the other kids found the word for masturbating in japanese..... there went my chances

:/

Esca

Smash Champion
Santi, Cake isn't too ugly. He has a huge peepee.

Gea, I disagree with that list completely. I think it's bull**** that you'd leave Jones soda out. It's proven to be the 7th best soda of all time, and you can even get your picture on the label. Now, let's say I go to a store and try to buy Jones soda, but there's another advertisement in front of the shelf it's on and i can't quite reach it. It's not the sodas fault. This needs to be fixed.

Esca

Smash Champion
Ah, for a while now in this thread I've been thinking I'm in the EC.
Phantom, this previous post has had no relevance to the current discussion, and I'm in awe that you would even say something like that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom