• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
at whobo error beat beah,rt,cyphus,t-rex none of these players are ranked but, he gets ranked for beating them @_@

what was his brackets at swat????

maybe im wrong, i dont really care about this list it is what it is. im trying to to understand this list

Texas don't be like other regions and fight over stupid stuff there is a way to discuss this without throwing personal attacks at each other, that's just childish.
he also split with lee martin and imo only lost because no one realized picto was banned and didn't think about calling lee out on stalling. No johns but he still beat lee once.

the big things i remember from swat are him 2-0 infinity in winners, splitting with razer, and then splitting with infinity again in losers in a best of 5. He forced infinity to use MK too after he had said he quit him.

In whobo he dominated all of those guys plenty of them where 2 stocked or reverse 2 stocked.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Oh I thought this was the texas power ranger thread.I want to be on that list not this one,also duffman how about when I beat you you don't pay me with your entry money and don't enter the bracket

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac. I'd rather be recognized as 18th best in Tx than not be recognized AT ALL. You'd understand this if you were horrible like us.
1) if you are so horrible then why should you be on the list?
2) back in august I sucked so hard at this game. I worked really hard during the Fall to get where I am

I personally think your a good player. You should focus more and win tournaments. I play this game more for fun than money. Enjoy the game or you'll hate it/yourself

error13

Smash Journeyman
at whobo error beat beah,rt,cyphus,t-rex none of these players are ranked but, he gets ranked for beating them @_@

what was his brackets at swat????

maybe im wrong, i dont really care about this list it is what it is. im trying to to understand this list

Texas don't be like other regions and fight over stupid stuff there is a way to discuss this without throwing personal attacks at each other, that's just childish.
i split with lee martin and played those players which do place higher than you

and at swat i played infinity first round and won
than i played hylian and won as well

than i played razer and we split he beat me than i beat him with wario that her beat me

im positive if i lived more on the east side of texas, i would be placing much higher
and more frequently

im not trying to sound concieted but i really do think i am a skilled
player and could do better and better

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
you are a great player richard and both you and luis deserve those spots especially since el paso always has the hardest brackets imaginable.

Plus I never see any of the people complaining about you guys being on there trying to travel over here. Esca if your worried about luis not going for another 4 and 5 months you and kailo can come over here.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Zac that comment was silly :3

Zac is right,I hate myself cuz I 3 stock people with marth but use wolf and lose therefor suck,smash ruined my life

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, I don't care about the power rankings at all.

Zip.

None.

I hold no bias what-so-ever and I'll never understand why people make a big deal out of power rankings. Rankings for a state with increadibly inconsistant results, and a massive amount of players are pretty much impossible to make accuratly as the list goes down.

I don't appriciate being insulted over something I don't care about. Most of you have no clue what we are even trying to do with the rankings.

It really saddens me that you guys would react like this.

I guess I'll just ruin the whole point of these rankings and show you guys how much you are ****ing overreacting.

1. We expanded the list to 20 players because it promotes more competition between lower level players. Being able to obtain a goal once thought not very reachable will give a lot of people incentive to do better in tournaments.

2. Because of this, we can pick a couple of different players from different cities for 15-20 and put them there. Doing this promotes traveling between cities, and for the people's friends on the PRing's to try harder. If you know you are better then someone on the PRing's, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it right?

3. The people we place on the bottom don't nessesarily have to be the best in the group of people they play with, just people who have done something impressive recently. This makes their friends try harder in tournaments, and improve more, shooting for those impressive upsets/placings to surpass their friend, rather then just playing normally at tournaments.

If you are giving Dojo, DMG, Fogo, or myself a hard time for making this list then you should feel bad. All we are trying to do is help everyone in texas improve. The bottom of this list wasn't made for accuracy or bias. We have a clear goal in mind that we plan to achieve through each update of this list.

So basically, if you are not on this list then stop complaining and do something about it at tournaments. Impress us.

error13

Smash Journeyman
Bwett deserves that spot.
He did very well at the CS tourney and the matches he lost (from what dojo told me) were very close. Couple game 3's. He ***** at No Koast as well.

Duffman is very good and deserves that top twenty spot.

Error is awesome!
You guys forget how well he did at WHOBO??? He is very solid and beats goood players and plays several characters very well. He goes very close with top players.

Take has probably the best hair in Texas by farrrrrrr!

I really think Beah deserves a top 20 spot. He travels freakin everwhere and places very well everytime.

I don't see why some of Houston complains (Mostly directed at Ozz) when they don't even travel at all and see anything outside of their city.

edit: Xyro deserves a spot over Kprime imo but my opinion doesn't matter on this subject.

edit2: flame war commence!!
Bring it *****es
thanks santi =D

Esca

Smash Champion
Zac, the last sentence in my post was sarcasm. I think I'm a decent player, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested myself as last place on the PR list.

Hylian, can you answer WHY THE **** you're in charge of creating a pr list if you don't care?

Or, better yet, I'd like to hear an answer to this:

Why would there be a list of the 20 best players in Texas if the list isn't the 20 best?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Guys, I don't care about the power rankings at all.

Zip.

None.

I hold no bias what-so-ever and I'll never understand why people make a big deal out of power rankings. Rankings for a state with increadibly inconsistant results, and a massive amount of players are pretty much impossible to make accuratly as the list goes down.

I don't appriciate being insulted over something I don't care about. Most of you have no clue what we are even trying to do with the rankings.

It really saddens me that you guys would react like this.

I guess I'll just ruin the whole point of these rankings and show you guys how much you are ****ing overreacting.

1. We expanded the list to 20 players because it promotes more competition between lower level players. Being able to obtain a goal once thought not very reachable will give a lot of people incentive to do better in tournaments.

2. Because of this, we can pick a couple of different players from different cities for 15-20 and put them there. Doing this promotes traveling between cities, and for the people's friends on the PRing's to try harder. If you know you are better then someone on the PRing's, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it right?

3. The people we place on the bottom don't nessesarily have to be the best in the group of people they play with, just people who have done something impressive recently. This makes their friends try harder in tournaments, and improve more, shooting for those impressive upsets/placings to surpass their friend, rather then just playing normally at tournaments.

If you are giving Dojo, DMG, Fogo, or myself a hard time for making this list then you should feel bad. All we are trying to do is help everyone in texas improve. The bottom of this list wasn't made for accuracy or bias. We have a clear goal in mind that we plan to achieve through each update of this list.

So basically, if you are not on this list then stop complaining and do something about it at tournaments. Impress us.
Big ol *******

CY

Smash Ace
i split with lee martin and played those players which do place higher than you

and at swat i played infinity first round and won
than i played hylian and won as well

than i played razer and we split he beat me than i beat him with wario that her beat me

im positive if i lived more on the east side of texas, i would be placing much higher
and more frequently

im not trying to sound concieted but i really do think i am a skilled
player and could do better and better
your grammar is absolutely atrocious and you have been to like two tournaments or something like that. with those reasons, i believe you don't deserve your spot, or duffman. if you guys were more involved with the scene then you guys could possibly be on the list. but, that is not the case, because sadly you live so far away.

edit: hylian, that makes so much sense. just randomly throw in players to fill in the bottom part of the list. who cares about any statistical reason, just throw them in there for the hell of it. and if you don't care at all about the ranking, why did you help make it? it is clearly half-***** and flawed, brodawg.

but honestly, i don't care much about the list or if i make it on the "top 20" list. it's just one big opinion, and it doesn't mean anything(except an ego boost to those that made it i guess lol)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zac, the last sentence in my post was sarcasm. I think I'm a decent player, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested myself as last place on the PR list.

Hylian, can you answer WHY THE **** you're in charge of creating a pr list if you don't care?

Or, better yet, I'd like to hear an answer to this:

Why would there be a list of the 20 best players in Texas if the list isn't the 20 best?
Because I take initiative. Because I'm from a city with few players, but travel to almost everything. Because I have interactions with almost every player in texas.

Because I care a LOT about the texas scene and want to see it improve. Rankings I don't give a **** about. I could care less if I was last on the rankings or 5th. I recognize however that rankings are important to others, so I took initiative. I'll do anything I can to help our community and improve the players inside of it, even if I don't like it.

Me not caring about the actual order of the rankings also makes me ideal for a non-biased party.

Edit: I answered your edit in my other post. I don't believe it's possible to rank the 20 best players in texas. Maybe the top 5. 20? **** no.

Double Edit:

CY, come on. Where did I say we randomly threw people on the list? I explained why we put people there.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hylian thank you. your post (#327) is just what i've been asking for, before i got all the flame.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Guys, Hylian basically told you that the list from 1-15 is legit and that 16-20 was to get diversity and promote more competition for the rest of us.

It's great that most of you cant stand the rankings of the bottom. It shows that your competitive and you deserve a spot over someone else.

Now prove it. Instead of flaming.

June 13 - Ozzfest 3
June 13 - UTD Zac's Birthday Bash
June 20 - Final Smash 6

Esca

Smash Champion
You took initiative, but you failed to follow through COMPLETELY. I think you need to re-evaluate your situation and status as a player and as the "face of Texas", because this list obviously shows that you don't care about the lower leveled players.

Read CY's post.

Edit: Nike, the people eligible for spots 16-20 have been working for 6 months. I find that I deserve recognition for doing so well lately. The reason I'm playing this game is so I'm not just some random, and this list definately defines me as so.

error13

Smash Journeyman
the only people that i see complaining are low ranked players
that are angry at the low spots on the list which makes no sense

i honestly wouldn't have cared if i wasn't on it,
but i'm glad i am on it because i think i do deserve to
be on it cause i can hang with the top players

and CY i dunno why ur getting hung up on internet grammar
i mean the point of communication is to get the point across
and it seems like it worked right? im not writing a novel.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think error definetly deserves his spot, IMO a little high though, but he should make the PR. maybe someone else besides furiousduffman could take that number 20 spot but that really doesnt matter.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Movin' on up.

Watch out top 10.

Sonic moved up 8 spots, now I gotta do the same.

EDIT: Perhaps an edit to the first post is in order?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You took initiative, but you failed to follow through COMPLETELY. I think you need to re-evaluate your situation and status as a player and as the "face of Texas", because this list obviously shows that you don't care about the lower leveled players.

Read CY's post.

Edit: Nike, the people eligible for spots 16-20 have been working for 6 months. I find that I deserve recognition for doing so well lately. The reason I'm playing this game is so I'm not just some random, and this list definately defines me as so.
Right, because I didn't make an entire website for the panel, and produce several lists before this.

Please stop insulting me. It's really unnessary. I've never once claimed to be "The face of texas". That title is always thrown on me by other people.

If didn't care about the players then I wouldn't be doing this. Hell, I drive all over Texas just to hang out with you guys. I'm certainly not winning money.

This list is ALREADY doing what I wanted it to do. Promoting competition. You are clearly pissed that take is on there but you arn't. That's what we want, so you will do better in tournaments. The more good players texas has, the better everyone here(inculding the top players) become as a result.

I apologize if you are offended by not being on the list. We don't mean to upset anyone.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hylian, maybe posting the criteria for the rankings will help people understand more.

I'm pretty fine with the list personally, it just shows me how many more people I have to beat =]. But I am curious about DMG being so high and not attnding much anymore.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Oh I thought this was the texas power ranger thread.I want to be on that list not this one,also duffman how about when I beat you you don't pay me with your entry money and don't enter the bracket
Just stop talking and let your skills say it all. I really want to go FS6 now so hopefully i see you there.

IN the end This is the only thing that matters: The opinions of Zac, santi, Razer, hylian, sethlon, (i am sure Dphat, infinity, and phantom would back us up too) Matter to me wayyyyy more than any other of you flaming people. I mean they ARE the top players so yes you are probaly wrong if you contradict them

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, maybe posting the criteria for the rankings will help people understand more.

I'm pretty fine with the list personally, it just shows me how many more people I have to beat =]. But I am curious about DMG being so high and not attnding much anymore.
I just did post the criteria ;_;..for the part people don't understand anyways.

Answering your question: That's from bias.

Esca

Smash Champion
Hylian, let's say your in a very long line at a movie theater, and the movie you want to see is about to get sold out. Let's say your next in line, and then the person issuing the ticket says, "ehh, even though your next, I'm gonna give the ticket to the person behind you, just to see the argument." How would you feel?

Let's say you go up to a coke machine, put in your money to get a dr. pepper, and a coke comes out. You'd be pissed about wasting a dollar.

I'm sure you can fill in the blanks in accordance.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
What duffman? being a top player doesnt make you automatically correct. And kailo wont be at FS6..

error13

Smash Journeyman
never mind ill just stay out of it.

but some people need to just accept things.
the list will change if u keep playing well

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, let's say your in a very long line at a movie theater, and the movie you want to see is about to get sold out. Let's say your next in line, and then the person issuing the ticket says, "ehh, even though your next, I'm gonna give the ticket to the person behind you, just to see the argument." How would you feel?

Let's say you go up to a coke machine, put in your money to get a dr. pepper, and a coke comes out. You'd be pissed about wasting a dollar.

I'm sure you can fill in the blanks in accordance.
I understand why you are pissed. Have I said I don't think you deserve to be on the rankings? You want my honest opinion on you? I didn't put you on here because I thought it would make you improve more seeing take there instead. I think you have a lot of potiential, you just fall into patterns a little bit too often and I think you could break that pretty easily with some motive. I also see a lot of potiential in take, but believe he would strive to improve more by seeing his name there, while you would strive to improve more(at this current point in time) by seeing your friends name there because you already have some impressive results.

You're taking everything I say at face value. I expected you to be upset, but I didn't expect to be critizied as a ****ing person.

Esca

Smash Champion
Then Hylian, put CY up there instead. He deserves it. Since he's the best, he should be recognized.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
What duffman? being a top player doesnt make you automatically correct. And kailo wont be at FS6..
yeah you are right, i did exaggerate. I was just trying to make a point though. Those players have played me and recognize that i am good. While these other players that dont even know me or error come out of no where and start attacking and even insulting us at a certain point. You know what i mean?

That is sad that he wont be there. El Paso can only really attend the big tourneys... 8-10 hours is too much of a drive

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
"And take got that spot because he beat Dphat at last.

*shrugs*

Honestly we probably think CY is the best in Buemont, we just want to stir up competition.

Don't sweat it too much ."

This was in a PM I got from Hylian.

If CY is the best in Beaumont, how is he NOT getting recognized for it.
I give up. If you're just going to ignore what I say then this is pointless.

And CY is getting credit for it. If anyone asks me who I think the best in buemont is I say CY. The power rankings are not an end all for skill recognition. In fact my personal opinion for the top 20 in texas differs from this list quite a bit.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Well, I still want you to come to FS6 .. more money for my pot =]. I plan to beat dojo and razer there. Gness is lame =[

Esca

Smash Champion
I just don't understand what it would hurt if the actual top 20 were up.

I'm done with this ****ing thread.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Holy flame wars batman.

Just curious, about how many tournaments are we going to wait for before the next PR? Are we going to include Genesis? Are we going to wait through the whole summer before making a new list?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy flame wars batman.

Just curious, about how many tournaments are we going to wait for before the next PR? Are we going to include Genesis? Are we going to wait through the whole summer before making a new list?
Dunno. I'll talk to you about it at your place.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Everyone loves everyone its just geography tho,most competitive games tx is split up.one pr for a state where people don't even go to the same tournies/have multiple tourneys a week should be split.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone loves everyone its just geography tho,most competitive games tx is split up.one pr for a state where people don't even go to the same tournies/have multiple tourneys a week should be split.
We are not allowed to do that per PR regulations.

Also, how can you lump dallas and houston both in east? lol. Houston is east, but Dallas isn't really..it's more central. Austin is closer to houston then dallas is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom