• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi

Smash Lord
I don't need to travel to see whats going on, lol i look at results. the only thing i really disagree with is extending the list to 20.
Do you look at brackets? Do you see who beats who and how close a match was? Do you see MM's? Do you see what happens when Dalllas&San Angelo&OK&CollegeStation chill over spring break? No. Because you'r not cool enough :) and you wouldn't be able to handle the epicness infront of your eyes.

you just go by what is said in your houston thread and what happens at your 20cap ozzfest.

Case closed.
smn :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
rofl wow, i never asked for this bull****. im not even gonna continue the argument because i dont care anymore. i do look heavily into this stuff. lol i dont even think i should be on the PR so you guys should calm down.ALL i said was i think a 15 player list is better. your insults are unneccessary and your getting worked up over nothing. all those people you listed in your previous post, i DO agree they are good players. but you still dont get my point.

and ozzfest has no player cap :)

Santi

Smash Lord
rofl wow, i never asked for this bull****. im not even gonna continue the argument because i dont care anymore.
Good :)
i do look heavily into this stuff but im not gonna argue.
Good :)
lol ALL i said was i dont even think i should be on the PR so you guys should calm down.
No you didn't stfu.
i just thought a 15 player list was more accurate. hell the original PR had 10 players.
Blah blah blah Extraaaaaaaaa

and ozzfest has no player cap :)
Good for you.
tehehehekekeke

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I'm curious to know who all is on the panel.

Oh, and I forgot to say, congrats to my buddy gness!!!
I guess your "decent" =p

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
and i also think that a criteria list should be included in the original post so we can get a better understanding of the PR. santi, what was the point of that post?
lets not spam here

Esca

Smash Champion
Do you look at brackets? Do you see who beats who and how close a match was? Do you see MM's? Do you see what happens when Dalllas&San Angelo&OK&CollegeStation chill over spring break? No. Because you'r not cool enough :) and you wouldn't be able to handle the epicness infront of your eyes.

you just go by what is said in your houston thread and what happens at your 20cap ozzfest.

Case closed.
Santi, you know I love you, but this is wrong. You just need to stay in San Angelo.

Takeurlife. At LasT2, (the main reason he's on this list).

Let's anaylze, shall we?

1. LeeM (Loss, obv.)
2. r0ni.
3. Some random.
4. Some random D3.
5.Dphat, (eh that was okay.)
6. CYPHUS. Gets 2 stocked.

My bracket, only placing one lower.

1. Sars Pirate.
2. Cyphus. I got a jv 3 stock. See number 6 on takes.
3. Reflex.
4. Kosmos.

Let's get in the time machine. HOBO 16. Take gets 3 stocked by Kown.

Enough said. Done with Take.

FDX and Error came to one tournament. Is that what you consider traveling?

Hey, guess what? Ozz came to beaumont for one? Ozz travels just as much as them. Ozz doesn't get enough credit. He places at least 9 at every event, and is overlooked completely.

Aimed at the people who made the list:

If I start having tournaments with Beaumont's 8 people, and I start placing 2nd, will that count toward the tier list? Because IIRC, Error and Duff came to ONE.

Good ****ing day.

Edit: Jerm, on the panel we have:

1. Hylian. THE FACE OF TEXAS. HE HAS TO BE CORRECT, AND IF YOU THINK HE'S WRONG, YOUR WRONG.
2. DMG. THE 16 YEAR OLD WHO DOESN'T REALLY PLAY BARELY AT ALL BECAUSE HE'S TOO BUSY RUNNING AWAY.
3. Sethlon. I like him. <3.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord

Case closed.
santi,bud,I discuss this game a lot with many people in tx and I take a liking to people with knowledge,understanding,and the want to grow,ozz lacks exp and maybe doesn't do the greatest but you have to start somewhere his want to learn is being held back by the rudeness of the community and it upsets me because he is one of the few people I know with a great understanding of the game,I'm not gonna say anything except I wouldn't deny someone go purely wants to learn from his peers and get better like he potentionally can of his opinions be a big brother santi ily bye

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
wow its funny how a post of mine could evolve into so much heat.

esca idk why your bringing my results up. i NEVER said i should be on the PR. im not good enough yet. i do beat good people in tourney sets sometimes (fliphop/3000) but my results arent good enough. i havent placed top 8 at a major tourney.

i only said the PR should be 15 people and told Xyro that fogo shouldnt be considered. but i still got flame for it w/e its cool.

Santi

Smash Lord
I said Take had awesome hair.....????

are you still focused on take?
No, you're done. good.

He's in your crew. Tell him good **** and give him a hug. stop arguing to be over him.

Ozz doesn't get enough credit because I said so. enf of story.

El paso came to SWAT which was the final cut off for the new list. They made a statement... you didn't.

I used to think you were amazing Esca but I guess I was wrong. this is ****in bull****.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't think we should do PR anymore if it causes this much trouble. Smash drama is stupid. Is this really THAT big of a deal?

@kailo: I'm not on your list in your sig. </3

CY

Smash Ace
LOL @ this list! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

good ****ing game guys, i bet you worked so hard on this spending countless hours analyzing results, but when the list finally comes out it has a **** ton of flaws, some that just blow my mind.

also allan, if you think you should be on this list then i should be, considering i place better than you in the past months. hell, how is furiousduffman on there? what tournaments does he go too? ERROR? more like error in this list. he doesn't go anywhere, he placed decent at WHOBO. take? no offense but i place better than him pretty much every tournament and he doesn't do doubles.

kprime is a good player, but chokes at big tournaments. sorry i just don't think he deserves a spot.

some people that i think should be on there:
pop, esca, or me: i think we are highly underated, considering how me and pop did good in teams at WHOBO and me and PX doing good in teams. we also have a consistent placing, which is around 9th, not too bad but not too amazing. but, better than a lot of the people on the list.
bear: he travels to every tournament, he should get atleast some recognition.
3000: seriously? he isn't on there? wooow

probably some more people, but i don't care that much.

Santi

Smash Lord
Oh goodness.
People never take my posts seriously yet the one time I start joking around and flaming... and tell everyone what I'm doing....
People take it to heart.

It's a list.... with 20 names.... on a web forum.....

edit: I get my flaming skills from CY and pop :)
I've been saving them for the right time.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol.......all that matters is that im going to be 1st next one :p

-matt garvey.

edit: Guys....duffman and error ARE good...they went to whobo and swat. ive played them both. they are in fact good.
beah should be on there imo and beaumont is a little overlooked but yes...calm down children.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Here's how I look at it. Your name being under someone elses isnt gonna change the way you play. You might want the bragging rights.. and thats understandable. But me personally, I rather say I beat someone ranked higher than me, than being high on the list and saying I beat someone ranked lower than me.

Tl:dr My TL is teh seks

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
We should do whateveryone knows is the best idea and make 2 pr lists cuz half of us don't go to the same tourneys etc east and west,also zac is on the secret sexy list >_> <_< ...bwett should be tied for 3rd,

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Oh goodness.
People never take my posts seriously yet the one time I start joking around and flaming... and tell everyone what I'm doing....
People take it to heart.
so explain to me why no one has found any humor in your recent posts in this thread? if you didnt make a single post today, none of this arguing would've happened.

CY

Smash Ace
Oh goodness.
People take it to heart.

It's a list.... with 20 names.... on a web forum.....

edit: I get my flaming skills from CY and pop :)
I've been saving them for the right time.
hehehehee! i just need to vent a little, had project grad last night until 5 am, woke up at 930 with a hangover. then had to go to work from 10-3, so I'M RAGED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

but anyway, this list is biased as hellllllllllll. i think i'm going to copy/paste this list and give a little break down on what my opinion is. I KNOW HYLIAN, my opinion isn't good because i'm not cool like you, but i'm going to do it ANYWAY.

Santi

Smash Lord
so explain to me why no one has found any humor in your recent posts in this thread? if you didnt make a single post today, none of this arguing would've happened.
Sorry dad.
Don't cry.

oh and smn.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wait... this is the finalized updated list?

Holy crap I wasn't aware that it was gonna be put out this soon lol.

I assumed it was still in the works, otherwise I would have contributed more than just suggesting me and Roy stay tied lol.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
cool stuff santi. spam more and maybe I'll give you toon link textures or something

ill input with my own list later, but like CY said, our opinions dont matter.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Also,santi you need to clean your room,
5+4=zac
Bwett mains low tier if you didn't know everyone
Cy is the king of the bedroom
We should make a list of who is tallest to shortest and ties will be broken by whoever is older
We should also organize crews by hobbies/birthstones,I learned this from sailormoon and they seem to get along well
Esca backwards is acse
99 seconds remaining
Wolf has a 0-death on mk kirby and marth and half the characters via shine-grab-spike-edgehog

Esca

Smash Champion
1. Dojo
2. Razer
3. Gnes
4. Infinity
5. UTDZac
6. Roy_R
7. Light
8. DMG
9. Hylian
10. PhantomX
11. Espy
12. Dphat
13. Jerm
14. Fliphop
15. Error
16. Bwett
17. CY
18. Beah!
19. 3000
20. Esca

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
1. Dojo
2. Razer
3. Gnes
4. Infinity
5. Roy_R
6. UTDZac
7. Light
8. DMG
9. Hylian
10. PhantomX
11. Espy
12. Dphat
13. Jerm
14. Fliphop
15. Broly
16. 3000
17. Bwett
18. Bear
19. Error
20. CY/Esca/Xyro

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Wow lol. Xyro laughing at me and error, Specially error he has accomplished much more than you in 2 tournaments. You certainly never really played us to judge. There is so much ignorance towards El paso. We did go to FS5, Whobo, and SWAt. We have improved so fast too. In the end I really only care about this because i know the actual good and best players REALIZE that me and error are good. Thanks for that guys

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Guys, your list wont change anything. And atleast CY said he would give reason with his though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish I was on the list...I'm trash though. Oh well.

The list should be updated after FS6. It's only two weeks away....I'll go to FS6. :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dang people placing me higher than I should be. I should be 10th, I suck at this game.

Edit: also, furiousduffman is the **** (four asteriks)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow you guys, I can't believe you're making such a big fuss about the bottom half of the list. Honesty, is it that big of a deal to be called "18th best in TX". There aren't any benefits of it. My guess is they extended the list to encourage "almost good enough players" to try harder since they are have potential. Maybe it's a replacement for honorable mentions.

If you aren't happy that you aren't on it, stop complaining and win tournaments. People who moved up obviously worked harder and tried harder and therefore deserve to be recognized as a better player in TX.

tl;dr Don't get your pannies in a wad because YOU didn't try hard enough.
Zac I love you. Why can't other people be as smart as you? hahaha :).

Zori

Smash Champion
Wow lol. Xyro laughing at me and error, Specially error he has accomplished much more than you in 2 tournaments. You certainly never really played us to judge. There is so much ignorance towards El paso. We did go to FS5, Whobo, and SWAt. We have improved so fast too. In the end I really only care about this because i know the actual good and best players REALIZE that me and error are good. Thanks for that guys
at whobo error beat beah,rt,cyphus,t-rex none of these players are ranked but, he gets ranked for beating them @_@

what was his brackets at swat????

maybe im wrong, i dont really care about this list it is what it is. im trying to to understand this list

Texas don't be like other regions and fight over stupid stuff there is a way to discuss this without throwing personal attacks at each other, that's just childish.

Esca

Smash Champion
Zac. I'd rather be recognized as 18th best in Tx than not be recognized AT ALL. You'd understand this if you were horrible like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom