• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
=\ I hate texas,idc just split it,the people have spoken,the rules failed obv,people are slowly starting to hate the sbr,its beautiful

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Sup magitek,magic is up by 2,also tyrant beat m2k 3-1 winners finals,also this game has sucked since hobo 11 losers finals azen and lee doing mk dittos not lucario dittos

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Mike haze does grab release tipper to fiction takes a game,1-1 for 4th place,also 47 seconds left in game 2 and its tied,NBA finals :o

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Trela, I want to get better with Lucario.

Gimme tips n' shiz at FS6.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey guys, it's just a... list. People have different lists.

Like when you go grocery shopping, people usually have the same few essentials (Butter, Milk, Eggs, Some other **** I don't care about). After that, you have people who want Filet Mignon, others who want Sports Drinks, even a few who buy Pasta and Yogurt. Maybe some who want Organic Carrots, a few others who want make-it-yourself Pizza, etc. Point is, everyone has a different list to fulfill their needs and desires.

I don't care if I am tied with Kosmos or tied with Esca. Most people don't care if an ****** Chief is on our list, or Bigfoot, or the Black Mage of the Southern Tribe of the Urkuwanaguadanu People. No one is gonna care if I put an inanimate object on the list, Like Fred the Rock or Plank the Epic Piece of Wood.

It's a list. Look at it. Take a deep breath. Close your Eyes. Meditate. Go take a ****. Have relations with your GF. Then come back and look at the list again. It doesn't matter. Taking a big dump matters. Spending time with your girl matters (unless she is your Ex, she is the devil, leave her alone).

This list does not.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fiction should have SDI'd the tipper into the wall or onto the stage, teched, then farted on Mike Haze.

And people think I don't know how to play the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol at dmg,you post silly,fiction vs m2k losers finals 1-1
M2K wins.

Also Esca no because Mike Haze would still be lagging. He would either be stuck in the air doing a full hopped Dair (Short Hopped would give him lag and would be hard to Dair spike with on Wario after a grab release), or if he full hopped it and tried to fast fall it chances are he wouldn't auto cancel it JUST right and Fiction would hit him in lag anyways.

My theory has a bit of frame data behind it :) Especially if he landed on stage and teched, in that situation he would have enough time to punish it. If he teched on the edge, he could tech jump and try to Double Jump Waft at him.

Yeah I know it's situational/a bit hard to do in a real match, but these things can decide who wins or not.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I want to play theory fighter,wolf has a purple shine so in theory its a psychic element and super effective against poison types and fighting types

Suspect

Smash Hero
My "aim" is on my laptop, and my laptop is broke >_> im on my uncles computer right now

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Threads like this makes the game frighteningly easy to walk away from.
If Hanson quits because of all this flaming, I'm going to personally come beat the ever-loving **** out of each and every one of you so bad, you'll all fall off the list entirely, leaving Razer as the only ranked player left (I like him--he's got spunk).

You've all been warned.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Not me Gnes. I did nothing wrong. :)

On the other hand, I dunno whats going on. :(

What's the fighting about anyways?

Dojo

Smash Champion
1. I **** the living **** out of all you. It doesn't matter who goes where because I annihilate every single one of you. Stop whining.
2. It's a silly list for a video game. Really? Stop *****ing. Stop complaining.

This list is nothing more than a collective opinion gathered by a few knowledgeable players based on placings, wins over top players, and our own personal feelings of your skill.

Both Broly and Billy have more than proven themselves capable of top player status. If you actually want examples, talk to me on AIM. I will obliterate your mind. Error and FDX although not having traveled much have both shown various instances of top player skill. Hell Error took me to match 3 in a money match at Whobo. He also forced Sean to play MK in tourney at Swat.

Like I said. All in all. It doesn't matter that much. 15-20 is to promote more competition for you guys to place well and travel more often. As most of you ****ers have no idea what that is really like anyways. If you guys have to keep *****ing, we'll simply stop doing this.

If anybody else has something to say, come find me. I'm done. Have a nice day. <3

CY

Smash Ace
1. I **** the living **** out of all you. It doesn't matter who goes where because I annihilate every single one of you. Stop whining.
2. It's a silly list for a video game. Really? Stop *****ing. Stop complaining.

This list is nothing more than a collective opinion gathered by a few knowledgeable players based on placings, wins over top players, and our own personal feelings of your skill.

Both Broly and Billy have more than proven themselves capable of top player status. If you actually want examples, talk to me on AIM. I will obliterate your mind. Error and FDX although not having traveled much have both shown various instances of top player skill. Hell Error took me to match 3 in a money match at Whobo. He also forced Sean to play MK in tourney at Swat.

Like I said. All in all. It doesn't matter that much. 15-20 is to promote more competition for you guys to place well and travel more often. As most of you ****ers have no idea what that is really like anyways. If you guys have to keep *****ing, we'll simply stop doing this.

If anybody else has something to say, come find me. I'm done. Have a nice day. <3
no you suck.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow you guys, I can't believe you're making such a big fuss about the bottom half of the list. Honesty, is it that big of a deal to be called "18th best in TX". There aren't any benefits of it. My guess is they extended the list to encourage "almost good enough players" to try harder since they are have potential. Maybe it's a replacement for honorable mentions.

If you aren't happy that you aren't on it, stop complaining and win tournaments. People who moved up obviously worked harder and tried harder and therefore deserve to be recognized as a better player in TX.

tl;dr Don't get your pannies in a wad because YOU didn't try hard enough.
actually, we did. Its just the panelists CHOSE to put unqualified people on he list.

I have more than enough tournament results to back up my placement, Xyro. =)
and mine are better AND i travel oos(multipel times) and look where i get? The panelists dont know ****.

I said Take had awesome hair.....????

are you still focused on take?
No, you're done. good.

He's in your crew. Tell him good **** and give him a hug. stop arguing to be over him.

Ozz doesn't get enough credit because I said so. enf of story.

El paso came to SWAT which was the final cut off for the new list. They made a statement... you didn't.

I used to think you were amazing Esca but I guess I was wrong. this is ****in bull****.
Hes focused on take cause take because you people choose the 3rd best player in that city to be on the list.............this panel sucks

I don't think we should do PR anymore if it causes this much trouble. Smash drama is stupid. Is this really THAT big of a deal?

@kailo: I'm not on your list in your sig. </3
ho about the panel does the PR right(for once) and you wont have a melt down.

Zac I love you. Why can't other people be as smart as you? hahaha :).
Guys, I don't care about the power rankings at all.

Zip.

None.

I hold no bias what-so-ever and I'll never understand why people make a big deal out of power rankings. Rankings for a state with increadibly inconsistant results, and a massive amount of players are pretty much impossible to make accuratly as the list goes down.

I don't appriciate being insulted over something I don't care about. Most of you have no clue what we are even trying to do with the rankings.

It really saddens me that you guys would react like this.

I guess I'll just ruin the whole point of these rankings and show you guys how much you are ****ing overreacting.

1. We expanded the list to 20 players because it promotes more competition between lower level players. Being able to obtain a goal once thought not very reachable will give a lot of people incentive to do better in tournaments.

2. Because of this, we can pick a couple of different players from different cities for 15-20 and put them there. Doing this promotes traveling between cities, and for the people's friends on the PRing's to try harder. If you know you are better then someone on the PRing's, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it right?

3. The people we place on the bottom don't nessesarily have to be the best in the group of people they play with, just people who have done something impressive recently. This makes their friends try harder in tournaments, and improve more, shooting for those impressive upsets/placings to surpass their friend, rather then just playing normally at tournaments.

If you are giving Dojo, DMG, Fogo, or myself a hard time for making this list then you should feel bad. All we are trying to do is help everyone in texas improve. The bottom of this list wasn't made for accuracy or bias. We have a clear goal in mind that we plan to achieve through each update of this list.

So basically, if you are not on this list then stop complaining and do something about it at tournaments. Impress us.
Then by this post you just admitted that you dont care about the PR and yet you are a panelists. You also admit you added fillers on the bottom of the list to promote competition......yea well it didnt because you COMPLETELY ignore people who EARNED and CONTINUE to EARN spots. You need to resign your spot, since you dont care and all, you know?

Thats fine, start here and now i wil create a panel and my own PR list. Unlike you, i CARE. Unlike you i will be FAIR. UNlike you i will have a panel of MULTIPLE people FROM ALL CITIES.

"sorry tgm, those arent allowed"

it will be done offsite(like yours)

Because I take initiative. Because I'm from a city with few players, but travel to almost everything. Because I have interactions with almost every player in texas.

Because I care a LOT about the texas scene and want to see it improve. Rankings I don't give a **** about. I could care less if I was last on the rankings or 5th. I recognize however that rankings are important to others, so I took initiative. I'll do anything I can to help our community and improve the players inside of it, even if I don't like it.

Me not caring about the actual order of the rankings also makes me ideal for a non-biased party.

Edit: I answered your edit in my other post. I don't believe it's possible to rank the 20 best players in texas. Maybe the top 5. 20? **** no.

Double Edit:

CY, come on. Where did I say we randomly threw people on the list? I explained why we put people there.
You said you threw random people on the list to support competition. However, if you beleive those bottom PEOPLE earned it....then it just shows the panel is incompetent(sp?) and in both cases, im doing my own thing now.

Guys, Hylian basically told you that the list from 1-15 is legit and that 16-20 was to get diversity and promote more competition for the rest of us.

It's great that most of you cant stand the rankings of the bottom. It shows that your competitive and you deserve a spot over someone else.

Now prove it. Instead of flaming.

June 13 - Ozzfest 3
June 13 - UTD Zac's Birthday Bash
June 20 - Final Smash 6
Nike, we have being proving it since day one(me) and other have just recently started to kick ***(cy/esca........ect)

Can someone answers Xyros question please? His post made ALOT of sense
Thanks for trying but they tend to ignore the one post that makes them look bad.

Hmm.

I was hoping to do good at Tournaments and get on the List.

I'll try next time.
Give up, if people WHO CLEARLY should be on the list STILL cant get on this list. You have no hope.

oh wait, you havnt accomplished amazing feats yet.......TRELA FOR PR!!!!!!!!!

CY

Smash Ace
At least he doesn't steal pillows. Exposed!

<3 CY
can't argue with that. :(

also DMG, if you want to compare us to foods, i should be butter, milk, and cheese. you should be something like generic cheerios. it's not good and no one wants to eat that ****.

but me, personally, i like to use sports examples because i am a sports fan. if i was a sports team, i would be the great football team, the Boston Red Sox, who won the 2004 NBA finals, fyi. if i was to use a baseball example, i would be the GREAT Los Angeles Lakers, winning the super bowl last year. you on the other hand, would be the horrible soccer team, the Kansas City Royals. terrible and no one wants to watch their boring games.

and, if i was an actual sports player, i would be the great emmitt smith, who played for the notoriously good baseball team, Chicago Bears. he was one of the best point guards to ever touch the field. truly, a man of greatness!

this proves that i should be number 1 on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom