• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Djent

Smash Champion
People are forgetting that Japan is effectively 2 regions (Kanto and Kansai) anyway. So you can't even compare all of JP to NY/NJ.

That being said, NY/NJ is easily > Kansai and roughly = Kanto.

Cassio

Smash Master
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not. NY/NJ and Japan are clearly even in skill level. What makes you say that Japan > NY/NJ?
I think you could say that for the top 5 players, 10 players, mayyyybe 15 (although Japan still edges them imo). But the deeper you go the further Japan separates itself.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree with Japan having good randoms, but remember, Japan is a COUNTRY, so idk if Japan randoms > ALL OF THE US's is correct lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I should also mention Im still not saying either is better, this whole time Ive only been saying theyre comparable. I think people are still forgetting this.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People use to get defensive when being compared.
But seriously, on average (high to top level), Japan regular play is probably ages better than any other region's.

Cassio

Smash Master
Players from a region being bias about their own skill level? What a surprising turn of events :p.

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
lol @ all these people complaining about ICs

They're not even top 5 imo

The REAL Tier list:
1. Mewtwo (he was so broken during development that they removed him the game, it was the only way to balance him)
2. Jigglypuff (nobody can use her correctly and it makes me sad :()
3. Captain Falcon (same as Puff)
4. MK
5. Diddy Kong
6. ICs
Hey Shiny Mewtwo,

Not trying to troll you or anything but come on, I think it's a good reason to complain about IC, i mean, having an infinite chain grab, unlike other character's standard chain grabs that go to 40-60% in damage. Its usage isn't limited, and it can instantly kill you, and well, meh, seemed like a good reason to argue, tbh, i respect your opinion though.

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
Shuttle loop is the only aerial mobility you'd ever need :denzel:
Yeah, and even though he doesn't have the best air speed, MK doesn't really need it, he doesn't need to be more broken, lol. I recall he has great ground speed, combining this with short hops and fast falls with his aerial moves, I think he has good mobility already. Adding to this, his mobility involves Shuttle Loop, and has the ability to glide twice. Seems good enough there.

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
So you think Mewtwo should be number 1 on the tier list too?

LET'S START A PETITION!
>.> How about a petition to ban Meta Knight, he doesn't seem as hard to master, having such simple moves, and is WAY better than Mewtwo? :o

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
But Metaknight isn't good enough to be banned. The only people that think MK should be banned are bad players who can't/won't deal with a little challenge.

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
But Metaknight isn't good enough to be banned. The only people that think MK should be banned are bad players who can't/won't deal with a little challenge.
I'm with you there that he's a challenge, similiarly to IC's. The fact that he has nearly everything to be broken, doesn't make sense to me, and it just seems like the whole Metagame is based around him, as he is unbalanced in game compared to others, and I mean what does he lack? >_>

I thought I read somewhere (I Think SmashWikia) that Mew2King would refuse to play at Unity Tournaments, if MK was banned, (Ik he mains MK) and only continue to play at other tourneys instead, wouldn't that mean he sucks, if he can't play as someone other than MK? No, i'm not trying to troll, just feel it's a interesting question.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Players from a region being bias about their own skill level? What a surprising turn of events :p.
Not being biased at all. it's not like I said were better, I'm just saying there's no real way to tell when they're very close in skill. You saying one is better than the other with such certainty is very silly.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
I thought I read somewhere (I Think SmashWikia) that Mew2King would refuse to play at Unity Tournaments, if MK was banned, (Ik he mains MK) and only continue to play at other tourneys instead, wouldn't that mean he sucks, if he can't play as someone other than MK? No, i'm not trying to troll, just feel it's a interesting question.
he doesn't suck. iirc, there was a point in time where he played ddd. back to the solo mk thing, just because he only plays mk atm doesn't mean he sucks. you have to be good to be able to beat people like nietono, otori, nairo, and dehf. i could name names all day but you get the point.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
He went Falco against Dehf in GFs of one tournament, I think it was Revelations.

He didn't do too bad. He also entered doubles at Impulse 2012 which was MK banned.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He went Falco against Dehf in GFs of one tournament, I think it was Revelations.

He didn't do too bad. He also entered doubles at Impulse 2012 which was MK banned.
Impulse had Melee. He entered doubles because Meek paid for his entry to team with him.

:018:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Do Bowser mains even know how to grab MK?
I'm reasonably sure the CG is legit (if they get the grab =( ) and i've had a CG ---> suicide klaw before but I found it really hard and i'm not sure if it's actually legit or not.

Z'zgashi or another Bowser main's input would be really helpful here right now.

Sheik can also CG him. So can a few others, aside from the obvious ZSS/Marth.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Marth can't CG MK. Falcon can though.

Also it sounds like you're talking about the air release CG. Bowser can already ground release CG I think every char but DK, so...XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Pretty sure Marth can't CG MK. Falcon can though.

Also it sounds like you're talking about the air release CG. Bowser can already ground release CG I think every char but DK, so...XD
I tried it with Marth and i'm pretty sure it works but I could be wrong.

And yep i'm talking about an air release CG. =)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't see what's so confusing about it. MK never hits the ground during his air release, that's all there is to it.
If you're air releasing him with Marth, and then getting the regrab after MK hits the ground, that regrab isn't guaranteed.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't see what's so confusing about it. MK never hits the ground during his air release, that's all there is to it.
If you're air releasing him with Marth, and then getting the regrab after MK hits the ground, that regrab isn't guaranteed.
Oh right, no I realise.

I just recall getting the grab before he hit the ground.

I didn't test with him much though, I was more pre-occupied with Bowser's regrabs.

I would test more with Marth but my controller's out of batteries.

Top Bottom