• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
so i had a fancy french dish for dinner last night that I got very cheaply for wearing a certain suit and I was like "this must be how it feels to main mk"

not really

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
so i had instant ramen and doritos for dinner last night and i was like "this must be how it feels to main samus or link"
Goddamn son. 10/10 post.

so i had a fancy french dish for dinner last night that I got very cheaply for doing absolutely nothing worth mentioning and I was like "this must be how it feels to main mk"
This is how I see it.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well he seems to pull a good placing at a large tournament every once in a while. But it tends to be inconsistent. So it is hard to say whether they are flukes, or there are just not enough Ike players.

I think Ike is pretty straightforward. What's his approach to nearly every match-up? Space a couple of his great moves until he gets a hit. Literally, his good moves being jab, fair, or nair typically. Obviously, slightly more to it than that, but that seems to be the bulk of it. I suppose he is just too simplistic of a character without many flexible options. I see Ike as being a very limited character with very few options which a number of them being fairly good. Other than that, there isn't much going for him. Where he is now is the highest I think he could go.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
his mu spread is actually kinda decent with the exception of his awful mk mu. also, ryo did beat nakat in apex this year. sure it was his only win in bracket, but it's still a pretty good one considering nakat probably went mk (correct me if i'm wrong).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ike has the same problem ROB has. a good character with really solid traits and moves that gets reamed mercilessly by the best and most prominent character in the game.

he arguably beats ICs, Pikachu and Wario. Probably even with snake, and loses but is winnable against Marth, Falco, and Olimar.

range for days, easy damage racking moves, (nair, jab), reliable kill moves (everything besides nair and jab).

hes vulnerable from underneath and hes not the best offstage, but hes definitely a solid character.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ike does way better against Snake than DK. He has a fast move (DK gets beasted up close), better recovery, better traps and DISJOINTS, not just range make it alot easier to deal with grenades. Ike is like a better version of DK in almost any matchup really.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ike does way better against Snake than DK. He has a fast move (DK gets beasted up close), better recovery, better traps and DISJOINTS, not just range make it alot easier to deal with grenades. Ike is like a better version of DK in almost any matchup really.
I agree with this for the most part.

:018:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just on results alone, never seen a DK even take a game off of a top Snake, yet Ryo and San took down Razer and put Ally on the ropes. Just from watching the matchups over the years, you can see Ike never stoops to DK's level of hopelessness in this matchup.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't remember if San beat Razer or not (i guess you could say I misspoke on that).

I don't feel like Ally's Snake is as good as it was when he solo mained him. Thats still good to know though, could you link me to that set?

All things considered, has a top snake lost the entire set to a DK?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
omfg
snake is still good
just cause people don't get hit by ftilt like they used to
doesn't mean he sucks so bad now

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake's results against DK are a lot more representative than his results against Ike.

Snake vs DK has a variety of results based on a solid pool of players and clearly indicates a moderate advantage for Snake - whether it's a +1 for Snake or a +2 is a different question and will probably never be entirely agreed on. Either way, if we go by player skill then Ally vs Will, Razer vs Cable and MVD vs Luigi player are / were all approximately even at the time they happened and while individual games or even sets were close at times it was virtually always Snake who managed to take these sets in the end. Even though Ally vs Will was very close last time, the set records between them is still about 3-0 or 4-0 for Ally, I believe.
Ike vs Snake is a bit different and more inconsistent. There's quite a big skill gap between MVD and Ryo and San going even with Razer is quite a while ago [San did beat Razer at Apex but Razer also beat him at a Texas tourney]. The same is true for Ally being ~2-0 with San and Fatal beating San too. Where results pretty clearly show us that Snake beats DK, the results of Snake vs Ike could be interpreted in a lot of ways from even to +1 advantage for either character.

:059:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if your talking about the texas tournament that I think youre talking about (it was about 2-3 months before the Apex set) san beat razer then too.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
I mean last time ally played will he got 2stocked game 2 and went mk game 3. Just because someone is a top player doesn't meant they're good at the match ups at hand. Only reason why I don't consider Ryo and San body bagging Razer as enough for Ike to be considered even with Snake. San and Ryo are at the top with their character, but if a Snake tries to beat them without knowing how to properly play the match up then it's no surprise they'd lose.(Having a +1 advantage means nothing if you don't know the match up)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure top Snakes are just getting buttloads of DK practice...

Top Bottom