• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Because some people like to make sure a job is well done, and not half *****.
Dude, this is the 8th tier list thread discussion. I'm pretty sure the BBR has pretty much solidified with the tier list, give or take. You're really going to get bent out of shape if a character like Yoshi is ****ing 1 or 2 placements below where he should be? I could understand the massive discussion over ZSS and Marth, but characters like Yoshi? Sonic? Ness?!?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sup guys just got 3 new sponsors

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yo... Couldn't you guys at least have used the tournament where he beat me by once place instead of the one where I got bopped.

Seriously though, I agree that most characters in mid tier can be interchangeable but i don't think DK is one of them. When it comes to Yoshi at least.

D

Deleted member 189823

Why is Sonic so high. He's terrible. Defenitely no better than Yoshi. He's like C.Falcon...with a little more running speed.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dude, this is the 8th tier list thread discussion. I'm pretty sure the BBR has pretty much solidified with the tier list, give or take. You're really going to get bent out of shape if a character like Yoshi is ****ing 1 or 2 placements below where he should be? I could understand the massive discussion over ZSS and Marth, but characters like Yoshi? Sonic? Ness?!?
"If a character like Yoshi". Saying things like that reinforces the notion that anything below top/high tier doesn't matter, which is pretty problematic. If these characters truly didn't matter, why are we even putting on a show of "organizing" them? We might as well cut the tier list off at around DDD. It's been pretty clear to me over all the iterations of the tier list that the effort or knowledge put into the lower tiered characters is pretty lacking in comparison to the first 10 or so characters.

You're also assuming I'm "bent out of shape", which is false. I have yet to put any emotional stock in this discussion, I just chose to discuss it.

I don't see why we should accept mediocre jobs. If you're going to do something, do it right. I don't understand why people are content with mediocrity.

I don't see why we should just discuss top tiers, either. All we've practically done thus far is discuss those characters. I'm pretty sure the BBR has solidified their orderings.

I don't see why discussion should be limited to ZSS and Marth, either. Are we just going to talk about those two for the next 6 months? Why not talk about something that's never discussed: the low tiers?

Above all, I don't see why you have a problem with this discussion at all. Why do you care if I'm discussing Yoshi and DK?

Yo... Couldn't you guys at least have used the tournament where he beat me by once place instead of the one where I got bopped.

Seriously though, I agree that most characters in mid tier can be interchangeable but i don't think DK is one of them. When it comes to Yoshi at least.

Because only picking that one result is biased. =P

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What if we talk about how Keitaro did amazing against Salem because he was using the Suit Pieces effectively, and pretty much anyone can do that as well?

Also, It's easier to count off the list the worst Utilts, like ICs', or Wario's

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Except I am not?
The point is that everyone can start using Suit Pieces as good and smart as he did there, and then ZSS' first stock won't be as powerful as many people want to believe it is just because they don't bother practicing their item game.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
"If a character like Yoshi". Saying things like that reinforces the notion that anything below top/high tier doesn't matter, which is pretty problematic. If these characters truly didn't matter, why are we even putting on a show of "organizing" them? We might as well cut the tier list off at around DDD. It's been pretty clear to me over all the iterations of the tier list that the effort or knowledge put into the lower tiered characters is pretty lacking in comparison to the first 10 or so characters.

You're also assuming I'm "bent out of shape", which is false. I have yet to put any emotional stock in this discussion, I just chose to discuss it.

I don't see why we should accept mediocre jobs. If you're going to do something, do it right. I don't understand why people are content with mediocrity.

I don't see why we should just discuss top tiers, either. All we've practically done thus far is discuss those characters. I'm pretty sure the BBR has solidified their orderings.

I don't see why discussion should be limited to ZSS and Marth, either. Are we just going to talk about those two for the next 6 months? Why not talk about something that's never discussed: the low tiers?

Above all, I don't see why you have a problem with this discussion at all. Why do you care if I'm discussing Yoshi and DK?

Because only picking that one result is biased. =P
Uh those were just examples? Did you honestly think I wanted to limit discussion to just ZSS and Marth? Idk there's missing the point, and there's

missing

the
point. Again, you assume that the tier list is mediocre; you should give the BBR some credit, they know low tiers more than the majority of the users in this thread (and if they don't, that's fine). i'm tired of seeing some guy with a chip on his shoulder, preaching to the choir about how "viable" dk is or "tournament worthy" peach is (iluvu dark peach).

it's just an observation from me dude, consider it or don't, I don't really care.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I swear low tiers are discussed more than the top tiers in this thread.

Let's switch it up, I don't remember the last time I saw an Olimar v Diddy Kong discussion.

Who should be higher? Personally, I say Diddy Kong because Bananas are more annoying than Pikmin

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Olimar can pluck yellows and pretend they are bananas. Theoretically, you can "have" 6 bananas.

It's a very strong mind game tool, and I'm surprised top Olimars aren't aware of it.

+3 Olimar

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
What if we talk about how Keitaro did amazing against Salem because he was using the Suit Pieces effectively, and pretty much anyone can do that as well?

Also, It's easier to count off the list the worst Utilts, like ICs', or Wario's
From what I saw keitaro didn't play the armor piece game lol. Salem still used them for coverage and mobility, something that can't be challenge by a lot of the cast. Keitaro didn't fight salem with armor pieces he waited them out and let salem take them in exchange for potential free hits. That's what I saw anyways.

It's not a matter of having a good armor piece game. She spawns with three(four? I unno). She will work with three/two items at all times while you try to get one piece and attempt to hit her while armor pieces are there for coverage.
I swear low tiers are discussed more than the top tiers in this thread.

Let's switch it up, I don't remember the last time I saw an Olimar v Diddy Kong discussion.

Who should be higher? Personally, I say Diddy Kong because Bananas are more annoying than Pikmin
Olimar has the advantage I feel. Being able to combo with olimar thanks to bananas is pretty ridiculous considering his damage output, and Olimar's neutral game makes it difficult for diddy to start his offense.

Olimar can pluck yellows and pretend they are bananas. Theoretically, you can "have" 6 bananas.

It's a very strong mind game tool, and I'm surprised top Olimars aren't aware of it.

+3 Olimar
:yeahboi:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
He wasn't talking about the Oli:Diddy MU, he was talking about who should be higher on the tier list.
And she starts off with 3 pieces. Surprised people still don't know this.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive never played against Suit Pieces and even I know there are 3 zss.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah but you believed smashwiki when it told you that Ike had a higher air speed than ZSS so nobody cares what you think you lil *****

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Uh those were just examples? Did you honestly think I wanted to limit discussion to just ZSS and Marth? Idk there's missing the point, and there's

missing

the
point. Again, you assume that the tier list is mediocre; you should give the BBR some credit, they know low tiers more than the majority of the users in this thread (and if they don't, that's fine). i'm tired of seeing some guy with a chip on his shoulder, preaching to the choir about how "viable" dk is or "tournament worthy" peach is (iluvu dark peach).

it's just an observation from me dude, consider it or don't, I don't really care.

When did I ever say Yoshi or DK were viable? I was simply comparing their viability to each other, which has absolutely nothing to do with how viable I think they are in comparison to the past. I'd quote your "missing the point" thing, but that'd be too much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its k, ive disowned smash wiki. Those were dark days, but theyre behind me now.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
It's somewhat unreasonable to expect someone to have an item game on par with their opponent ZSS.
Unless they're diddy.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
When did I ever say Yoshi or DK were viable? I was simply comparing their viability to each other, which has absolutely nothing to do with how viable I think they are in comparison to the past. I'd quote your "missing the point" thing, but that'd be too much.
Um sure, whatever. DK and Yoshi were characters I picked from random, why are you responding under the assumption that they were critical to my post? Feel free to compare the viability between characters that don't matter, I won't bug you about it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean, it should be fair to assume that Diddy and ZSS and Peach players are better with items, since they play with them literally 100% of the time they touch the game, and other people are not. But at the same time, it should also be reasonable to expect otherwise good players to not be completely trash with them as well. Even if you dont get much item practice, you still shouldnt be falling into stuff like 'oh he threw it straight up and then did something laggy, let me run in and grab punish.'

Like item characters should be better with items but not THAT much better so where everyone just throws their hands up like 'WELP she has suit pieces, might as well just SD my first stock now and save him the trouble' which is basically the impression that a lot of people are giving off

SoulPech

Smash Master
I s till remember Sky vs DEHF where Skye had a wheel and he did a 50% link on DEHF. It was so good. now imagine 3 wheels that hit harder, bouncier, and the character has a glide toss...

yeah.

Top Bottom