• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
knife, sword, needle, same damn thing.
all are sharp pointy objects that make people bleed

Sword > Knife > Needle

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
we must make a tier list

A+: Sword
A-: Magic, Knife
B: Gyro, Claws
C: Wolf's Feet
D: Needles

this is going off topic...
Marth for bottom of Top?

Thor

Smash Champion
And yet somehow Marth only loses to Dedede and MK (and maybe ICs).

Everyone who loses to someone other than MK, Dedede, and ICs for bottom tier, cuz they're worse than Marth by the transitive property. Oh wait that's literally everyone but MK.

And we can't build a list like that, because people would whine bottom tier is too large and doesn't reflect the fact that Snake's prospects of victory are clearly better than Ganondorf's.

Marth for top tier. Heck, Marth for third spot because he loses to two guys but can't zero-death everyone, while one of those two guys beats everyone sans Pikachu (as of current chart) and one of those guys isn't that common anyway.

-----

Or maybe people can stop making stupid posts (oh wait that'll never happen). But I'd tolerate Marth being bottom of top, at least while Pikachu mains are so few and not doing tons in tournaments (otherwise Marth viability goes up, Snake and Falco viability drops a little).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Stating anything relating to Marth backed up by the exhaustive backbreaking labour of the general high level brawl community through the MU and the Tier List is basically asking for trouble.

What a shameful dystopia we live in

1392132547525.gif

Last edited:
Because clearly 1 MU should determine how good a character is.
I think one could define how nonviable a character could potentially be. However, it depends upon the match-up. Falco really only has two disadvantaged match-ups, but I do not think this made him any less viable due to character rarity at the time. However, someone like DK vs DDD I think is common enough and overwhelming enough.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
It's very unfortunate that all of Peach's good tournament results came in after this tier list, which is probably the last one, was released. Her current results would have put her at least above Fox imo.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Sandbag should be at the slot 1 higher than Marth. While having less combo potential, and later KOs, its insane vertical endurance and approach options well more than make up for it.

Thor

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Peach below Fox. Peach still loses harder to MK than Fox, and we've already determined that the one MU that matters is the MK MU (Pikachu for 2nd spot on the tier list).

*waiting for mod to do their job on previous poster*

*answers in the meantime*

Sandbag's approaches are worse than Marth's, but his vertical endurance is better than Dedede's. Sandbag's like one spot about Dedede.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Warnings are now visible on threads? Shoot, now I can't make anymore jokes.....Anyway, I think Luigi is a good/decent CP to Oli and that is it. Maybe to throw a Snake or Pika off, but I never use the green man against majority of the Top Tier as the range (obvious), and his not canon speed (slower than Mario on the ground AND in the AIR? C'mon Sakurai).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah man, Luigi just power shield > jump oos > sweetspot up b's MK all day, +5 MU Luigi's favor.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Ha! Ur funny bro, but seriously, Pika, Snake, and Oli are the only characters in top tier I use Weegee for. Sometimes even Wario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pick Luigi against all top tiers. You'll start placing in tournaments in no time. Guaranteed.

Thor

Smash Champion
Man Li Gi said:
Warnings are now visible on threads? Shoot, now I can't make anymore jokes.....Anyway, I think Luigi is a good/decent CP to Oli and that is it. Maybe to throw a Snake or Pika off, but I never use the green man against majority of the Top Tier as the range (obvious), and his not canon speed (slower than Mario on the ground AND in the AIR? C'mon Sakurai).
Diddy Kong. CP Luigi against Diddy Kong. This is obviously old footage (and Jbandrew loses) but seriously, that first match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGyLiroZcro
There's also footage of Boss beating ADHD in a game (that stuff is even older). Luigi's traction actually helps him some against the bananas from what I know, as he slides farther when hit with them so banana locks end sooner and dsmash followups are harder (shown at about 1:50 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3FhVWMBLE) Luigi also has a strong glide toss for approaching that helps him out, and the bananas make people want to take to the air usually, while Luigi a plethora of strong, fast aerials. Diddy still has the advantage in the MU but it's better for Luigi than most high tier MUs.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
The brawl section of smashboards has had a major decrease in activity since the top 5 thread was closed and it's nearly dead now imo. Please give the brawl community one more chance. You can even ban the people who caused problems in the previous top 5 thread.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
The brawl section of smashboards has had a major decrease in activity since the top 5 thread was closed and it's nearly dead now imo. Please give the brawl community one more chance. You can even ban the people who caused problems in the previous top 5 thread.
Yeah @Hylian it's an easy solution, just ban the Toon Links! :happysheep:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
What? Is this statement supposed to change opinions just because there is few people who think the character is viable? If that is the case, then Manondorf, Link, and Zelda are viable because all three are more beloved than the balloon.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The tierlist and MU chart threads (not the content in OP, but the posts after it) has been a joke. It's literally the same 7 or so people posting with a new person to pop in a couple times to argue. Might I add, argue about something that's not even related to the thread?

Granted brawl is almost dead at this point and 6 years in we've discussed everything under the sun, but the few rare times I've popped into either this thread or the MU chart v3, the topic was definitely not related to what the thread is made for.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
As a Kirby main, knowing everything Kirby can do, Kirby doesnt seem THAT much better than Jiggs. Sure he IS better, but not by much imo. (Though i do think Kirby is higher than he should be by a little.) Kirby has a grab game, b-air, and inhale. Thats really the only thing that makes Kirby better other than gimmicks imo, yet still Jiggs has more air speed, DACUS, pound, heck even rest. Sure it kills say later than it does in melee, but it still kills... plus you could possibly get it after a d-air too as well as certain multi hit moves. Idk man idk. Kirby and/or Jiggs is way off from where they should be on the tier list imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom