• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

SoulPech

Smash Master
You misread his post SP. P1 meant that the dude's prediction that he thought Fox would have been higher was a prediction made entirely off of the BBR incompetence. He was basically making a sarcastic trash comment in regards to the current tier list and saying that Fox is bad in one sentence. I'm not sure if I explained this well enough or not... It makes sense to me anyways.
Oh I read his post correctly. I was expecting a more direct approach.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*logs in to laugh at ICs having their own tier*

I don't even have to lurk that much to know that is completely out of whack with zero basis behind it. Man up and fix it already. No "wait until next tier list", no "but the community AND Backroom both voted them into second by a majority!", just move them. Small edit, flew clicks. We all know its mad stupid, don't pretend otherwise.

*also lols at Marth moving up, Lucas in mid tier for doing nothing, and C+ not being high tier*

rurounikenshin

Smash Rookie
I believe Pika´s nair doesnt stale either.

Btw: I have a question: Why is Ness so low in the tier list? I mean, I know he has grab-release and gimping issues, but Wario has Grab release problems too iirc and Olimar is also weak to getting gimped, but they are way higher. I am not saying he is top tier, but he does have some really nice moves (especially his aerials) and tools in general, plus, his MU spread doesn´t look that bad.

Excuse if i am not seeing something important, im still really noobie.

Cool. Now, I have a bad rebuttal against people complaining about Snake/Falco.
"Marth is higher on the tier list. He is a more stupid character."

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I believe Pika´s nair doesnt stale either.

Btw: I have a question: Why is Ness so low in the tier list? I mean, I know he has grab-release and gimping issues, but Wario has Grab release problems too iirc and Olimar is also weak to getting gimped, but they are way higher. I am not saying he is top tier, but he does have some really nice moves (especially his aerials) and tools in general, plus, his MU spread doesn´t look that bad.

Excuse if i am not seeing something important, im still really noobie.
Too many flaws hindering what would otherwise be a pretty awesome character.

Wario and Olimar may have similar flaws but they have better tools to hide those flaws. Wario's mobility makes him much harder to grab, and olimars spacing game makes him alot harder to lob off the edge.

Ness probably does deserve to be higher, but he's held back by a lack of representation. =/

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
In other words:

What if Wario had the gimping problems of Olimar, or if Olimar had the grab release problems of Wario? Bastardized hypothetical to an extreme, but kind of puts into perspective why having both problems is seen as such an issue for the character despite his other extremely high tier like qualities.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think Ness has all the tools required to compete with higher tier characters. His flaws are just ridiculously bad, without them he would be really really solid.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't think I have much to disagree with on the current tier list. What I don't like, as silly and insignificant as it may be- The new gaps. I don't really see people like Lucario, DDD and even Toon Link as Mid-tier material.

DDD actually has a solid advantage against important Top tier characters like Marth, Snake, Wario (although he's High tier) and can most likely stand a decent chance against Falco, ZSS and maybe even Pikachu. He's worse MUs that don't give him breathing space are MK, Olimar and ICs, of course.
Toon Link doesn't perform too bad himself, having an advantage over ICs, going even against Diddy Kong and Pikachu, and a decent chance against Falco, Olimar and Marth. His only really bad MU is MK, his only -2.
I don't know too much about Lucario honestly, but going even against ICs, Falco and ZSS may probably be something one would take too lightly.

So yeah, mostly just a peep complaining about labels.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Random visits to SWF to see that there's a new tier list.

Haven't kept up with smash in forever, but Jesus, this tier list is all types of wacky to me. Why aren't D3, Lucario, and TL, in a "B-" type tier?

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
DDD:Snake is arguably even. Results show it could be more in DDD's favor, though.
DDD:Marth is definitely in TripleD's favor, granted not as much as DDD:Wario, so maybe solid isn't the most accurate term.
Pikachu does beat DDD pretty hard, but if you're not ESAM, it's definitely not as terrible, and Pikachu players are scarce to begin with, let a lone a showstopper.

I apologize in advance for the seriousness of my post.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My first time seeing this new tier list! My opinions, both on it and its reception:

@Lucas: I'm glad he moved out of LT but still going nowhere makes me somewhat depressed. But still, it's an achievement and i'm super happy. <3

@Ness: Finally! =D

@ZSS: Interesting, have to agree with Xenon that I expected a bigger jump from her but perhaps the BBR decided to pull back on this one and didn't want to go overboard? Ah well, it's not bad IMO.

@Reception to ICs as 2nd/in their own tier: I can't say i'm too downed by it - Japan has the exact same thing. It's one of the few chars where I believe a placing for them can be based on theoretics but I dunno really. Personally I kinda don't mind it. ^_^

D

Deleted member 189823

A solid advantage against Marth and Snake?
Also Pika wrecks DDD from what I've seen of ESAM
Well, by "solid" I mean "decent". Probably wasn't the best term indeed. 8P
And well, reguarding what you said about Pikachu- It's ESAM. And what kind of players has he faced? I'd like to see that myself. Personally I don't think the MU is too bad.

D

Deleted member 189823

They're both +1s. I'd say it's possible for Snake to go even against DDD, but that's just my experience (and I'm bad at that MU). In tournament results, DDD wins more.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm pretty sure DDD beats Snake. We had a lengthy discussion about this in the V7 thread, and pulled out matches from many recent top Snakes vs top DDDs... In which just about every one of them the top DDDs won. That's not even mentioning how top Snakes despise playing against DDDs enough to CP to other characters, pretty much saying that at the top level of play, it's THAT uphill of a battle.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion

Nah, I think the Snake's will argue again that they don't lose to a mid tier :3

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Well then, they can suck on my Solid Snake.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure DDD beats Snake. We had a lengthy discussion about this in the V7 thread, and pulled out matches from many recent top Snakes vs top DDDs... In which just about every one of them the top DDDs won. That's not even mentioning how top Snakes despise playing against DDDs enough to CP to other characters, pretty much saying that at the top level of play, it's THAT uphill of a battle.
DDD doesn't beat snake. It's even at worst for snake.
Nah, I think the Snake's will argue again that they don't lose to a mid tier :3
If snake lost to a midtier we(I) wouldn't argue.
Well then, they can suck on my Solid Snake.
Pause
Mmm... Tasty...
Pause!!!!

Snake has some of the best tools in the game for practically any stage, match-up, and situation. The only draw back is they all rely upon him to be in an advantageous position or in a neutral setting. As soon as he gets airborne, he sucks.

Given the other characters above him he shouldn't be dropping anymore than this.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
Going back to the pikachu v Ddd thing, there was that set between 4god and esam. I didn't see the first two games, but 4 god did pretty well in the last game

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Snake has some of the best tools in the game for practically any stage, match-up, and situation. The only draw back is they all rely upon him to be in an advantageous position or in a neutral setting. As soon as he gets airborne, he sucks.

Given the other characters above him he shouldn't be dropping anymore than this.
Imo Falco is better than snake and snake is better than marth. Honestly no one is that amazing when airborne except for MK who still has some trouble landing vs some people.(Not very much unless its vs zss or something). Snakes is just the easiest to do it against, but to balance out this con he has weight to compensate. It also isn't that hard for snake to return to neutral vs a lot of the cast. Metaknight, Marth and Olimar are the three I feel its hardest to return to neutral vs, but vs everyone else snakes chances of bringing the game to a halt and into his pacing isn't impractical at all.

D

Deleted member 189823

So, uh...question:

Why is Diddy Kong so high on the tier list? I know Bananas are ridonculous, but what else gets him to the placings he gets?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well MK can give MK problems landing sometimes, but even then not really lol.

D

Deleted member 189823

Don't be rude, that was a serious question.
I admit Diddy Kong may have the craziest KO setups, but he has a rather hard time killing, similiar to Falco in the way their KO power is rather lacking. Not saying KO power by itself is important, but being next to champs like ICs, Olimar and Snake...yeah. He doesn't have ICs' CG, Olimar crazy momentum gain (and KO power) and Snake's amazing weightclass and excellent KO potential (and power, but by "potential" I mean that he doesn't have a hard time getting the kill).

Top Bottom