• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

D

Deleted member

i wasn't trying to insult axe at all. i just thought it was funny that he lost to mr j. pretty badly. but what i saw wasnt even a 1v1, it was a team match. i think double peach vs double fox. both the foxes just got ***** though. it was pretty bad.

funny that you say peach counters fox, because in the smash match up chart the match is a 6/4 in fox's favor. all the best players agree with at least the main match ups in the chart. i agree with it as well, i wouldnt say fox counters peach, but i think it's in his favor.

yes the tournament is in san antonio, tx on the 17th and 18th of this month. i'd love to play yall, and im really not an *** even if i seem to come across that way through these discussion. im just sick of la not getting any credit as a competent state in the smash community. we're actually quite skilled. no mew2kings or anything but we can compete with the best for sure. im especially insulted as a player with little or no credibility comes in and talks ****, then loses to nicknyte and looks like a noob on video. i have some recent vids of me on facebook, and possibly some other places. if you youtube my name some really old vids come up from a few years ago but my game has changed a lot. ill try to get some links to vids and post them. ill be back in a few mins.

and you say im really confident, which i am, but not arrogant. if i lose a game i know its my fault and i wont john or be an ***. i know i couldnt beat the best players consistently but i think i can put up a good fight and definitely show other places what la has to offer along with a few other guys from our state. (cyphus, lee, jon wu, ricky, and kyle)

lol at nicknyte. theres no reason to regret playing someone even if you lose. but i dont think i would anyway. not that it's not possible for him to win, but this game is dictated by who makes the least mistakes. i like to think i put forth a consistent game with few mistakes, and i have a very wide range of characters.

my falco, marth, sheik, fox, capt. falcon, and a couple others are tournament worthy. i pull out those 5 consistently in tournament i go to, and maybe some other random chars if im really out of ideas.

i'll tell everyone you said hey youareugly.
im 100% sure mr.j wouldnt give me any trouble. fox is just a char that has a much more inconsistent game at a semi pro level. if the pressure is on you may win, but if you make a mistake i get control of the match. i watched you vs nicknyte al ot and you're definitely skilled. i know nicknyte is known for cheap last min kos to win the game lol. but all that aside, id like to play yall in general.

way to write a book on swf taylor...

btw this is my second acc. i didnt start checking the boards this year. i've been around for 5 years.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
k play him cause j only wins cause f the gay peach and 2v2 means nothing play some poeple who spam d smash wat can you do? i personally think that 2 v 2 is pointless and 1v1 is were is it at because you don have to hold back neways

AXE 09

Smash Master
i know man! i played chris just about 2 hours ago, and yeah man i know. he's getting hecka good. he can combo with falco now with a pillar - L cancel - shine. he's starting to get pretty dang good. and his YL is amazing with projectiles. he shffl's a lot with falcon now, he's showing amazing progress

Tayler's top 5? good luck Mr. J lol

oh and that was just one day of recording. i'm sure we'll get more matches of nicknyte and mr j sometime. not saying that Nicknyte isn't better than Mr. j, and not saying that Mr. J's better than Nicknyte. a lot of times, people can beat people that are ranked higher than them, but can't be someone that's ranked lower than them.

hey Elvis, when are you coming down again? i wanna do more recording :p

i also need some vids of you, blackknight. next time you play chris, see if you can record some matches. just give the tape to me and i'll upload them

D

Deleted member

2v2 is definitely not pointless. it's just a different type of game. shield is used a lot more and team combos come into effect. i'll play fox against mr.j just to prove a point, but im also not trying to say axe cant beat him either. the match is just def. in fox's favor.

yes im top 5. i think the thing holding me back from being top 1 or 2 is my tournament game. in friendlies i hardly lose, except to one of my crew mates kyle who plays me all the time. i just dont preform as well under the pressure. thats why i dont have any amazing tournament stats. im getting better at it though (no johns, what ever place i get is what i deserve), i did very well at our most recent south east tournament and im expecting more our of myself next time.

if i had to write an la tier list from tournament results only it would be:

1. lee
2. jon wu
3. cyphus
4. me
5. ricky
6. kyle

but in friendlies i would put myself 1st or 2nd.
everyone else from la might not agree saying something like "well it's just friendlies" but alot of times i think thats when you're true skill shines. no pressure, just a gg.

some notable matches i have been in are:

beat eggz in pools at fc:d
2 stocked cactuar's fox in friendlies at fc:d (he seemed mad and took his controller out and walked away without saying anything. didnt get to play his marth.)
beat djcombo in friendlies at fc:d
went really close with vidjo in friendlies at fc:d (falco vs peach. every match was last stock 120+%. but i only won about 1/4 matches vs him)
got 4 stocked by m2k in crews lol. that was shameful, but it was falco vs m2k. thats a bad match.
2 stocked pyrogamer in crews
beat omnigamer in pools at fc:d
me and cyphus walked over 2 different entire crews by ourselves at fc:d
and some other stuff im going to look for vids

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
well even if peach doesnt counter fox it is still alot harder for the fox player to get in and win. for ie. fox has to do a crazy amount of shine combos on peach.while peach on the other hand just has to push the c-stick in a downward motion for the same amount of damage.and 2v2s doesnt really mean anything escpecially when double fox is not even me and jeffs doubles team.are doubles team is pikachu and jigglypuff...i would indeed like to see some of your vids

D

Deleted member

heh. well our opinions on the match are tragically different. imo all fox has to do is be a little technical and peach cant move. shes so slow and she cant even smash di out of shine combos. fox on the other hand can smash di the dsmash and only get hit by it once. and if a fox player is playing right, he shouldnt even be caught by the dsmash. shine breaks peach like no other. if you arent technical then you shouldnt play fox. i could see where the match would suck without smash di or shines. but if u know what both of those things are and can implement them into your game, peach is owned.

all the vids of me are old and bogus. they dont show my skill at all. if you're bored u can youtube taylor ssbm and you'll find vids by sarspirate from a year ago where i play pretty bad. not only was i not as good then, but they're tourney matches and back then tournament games threw me off way more than they do now.

however, i have 3 recent vids of myself that my friend recorded on his camera from our most recent tournament and posted on facebook. if you have an acc you can friend me (Taylor Tonguis at LSU) and i'll show them too you.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

lol

He's not bluffing his status as a smasher. Except that his Brutal Honesty makes him appear to be an *** to folk. But he's cool, and a really good smasher.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

On J's Behalf, since he's getting Mad attention from his 4 stockings, I will say this.

J's peach is really good and If he would of played her, Im sure he may have won. But He wanted to play Doc. He's not all that bad. But J, In a set, play peach, not Doc. Bai.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Yo wow a lot of talk going on here shizzy Thanks Jeff for having my back thats word, none takin there Taylor in fact I would probably crush you with my main any day just for your info Doc is my second character, and Nick thats very smart of you to put that. I sure would love to play some LA people so I could show you whats up for real. Nicknyte gets his lucky wins now and again I cant own him everytime destiny wont allow me to.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
2 stocked cactuar's fox in friendlies at fc:d (he seemed mad and took his controller out and ...
I don't know who you are but I don't get mad at losing and I don't walk away just because I lose in a friendly. It's common knowledge that I am a terrible player in friendlies.

Don't use me in your name dropping, as anyone that has experience against me in friendlies and tournament will laugh at you.

D

Deleted member

seems like you're taking offense to absolutely nothing. i said you seemed mad, not that you actually were. you said nothing of the sort, but you walked away without responding. most people introduce themselves or say good game or at least some kind of response. maybe you were just in a bad mood or didnt respect me or something, but i was just saying what i interpreted from the situation. i'm not "name dropping" as you say, but merely the sv az players are wondering what my skill level is so i was naming some accomplishments i've had in matches. sorry to hear that you play bad in friendlies but that sounds almost like a john to me. i dont mean anything bad about your skill, i know you're a great player but your game seems inconsistent. i've seen great tournament results from you, and some not so great ones as well. i respect you highly however; and wish i had gotten to play you more.
to jar your memory a little bit, im 6'1", slim with black curly hair, a falco player from La. i had on pajama pants all through fc with either a white t-shirt or a white-t with home made spray paint graphics on it. i fought m2k first in crews falco vs marth. i did around 100% the first stock but i suppose he was using that to watch how i played and then abuse it. he kept the pressure up so well and didnt let me move hardly and 4 stocked me. m2k beat our whole crew.

but to mr. j...
i don't respect you.
money match?
im no nicknyte, trust me. i'll play fox vs you just to show you how it's done.
or sheik, or capt falcon, or falco, or marth. it really doesnt matter. i've seen you play, it's nothing impressive.
oh oh please go to tx. i want to make you look like a joke infront of all your friends so bad.

D

Deleted member

i spent an hour recording matches this afternoon. not my best work but it will. tape ran out during my favorite match. im playing with the 10th ish rated la smasher. fox vs my falcon. he ***** me first stock then im do a bunch of darkrain **** for the next 2 stocks and i end up winning. camera cut off right after he ***** me first stock though. ill post links when i transfer them later today.

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey taylor, i actually visit texas pretty often because my family lives there. they live in Mission though. i think that's like 4 hrs from san antonio, or actually prolly more. but next time i visit, it'd be cool if you and i met up and did some friendlies or something. last time i was there, i fought quite a few people like Pokeemon, Majoras, Doom, Vash, and quite a few others... i can't really remember everyone's names lol

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
taylor from the friend's house i made vids at today-

well i dont live in tx, but maybe where your family lives is close to the tx/la border?
i live in the middle of louisiana, im just going to travel and go to the san antonio tx tourney.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
hmm (neways) yo anythin going down in killeen tx for X-mas......but other note

taylor honestl im not downin you as a smasher but im trying to figure out why come in ere boastin(not sure a lil cofused) but wat evea i say come on down and play if w hold this tourney cause everyone has progressed since those vids and it don mean nothin if you don bring anything to the table in the end h3ll i want all of tucson, la, etc to come to the small lil town of sv i just want to play i don care who is better but it's daily that sv only gets better

nick you still owe me a match u come at such bad times for me or i don get there in time

D

Deleted member

i dont come in here boasting about my skills in general, only about how im going to **** mr. j.
out of no where he posts in our la thread saying:

"I wish i could come to la and clown all your best players. seriously, i would **** top 5."

that's some big **** to talk out of no where to a state you've never played or seen play. he's a scrub and i want him to know it.

i have to go buy another DV cable to transfer vids. idk where mine went.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
i dont come in here boasting about my skills in general, only about how im going to **** mr. j.

"I wish i could come to la and clown all your best players. seriously, i would **** top 5."

that's some big **** to talk out of no where to a state you've never played or seen play. he's a scrub and i want him to know it.

o ok so j started it i just wanted t be clear and just making sure i get both sides but like i said swing by if we have our turney and bring some friends homie
but good job pissin of other state j way to make sv look bad

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
uhhhhhhhhhhh? what's goin on in my little town of SV folk? Wat's goin on ladies? Who is Taylor? Ummm who's talkin crap about Taylor? or is Taylor talkin about us? i would read..but im too lazy.. jus saw that sv has sum problems....what's goin on?

and nice to meet u taylor umm when u coming down?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Mr. J went over to the LA Boards and started talking crap about how he could "destroy the top 5 players in LA"

They naturally got mad, and for a good reason. There's no way he can do that, especially when they have Nicknyte as a reference point for skill. Nicknyte is not in the top 5 in LA. Mr. J does not destroy NN. Therefore, Mr. J has a null hypothesis.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol Mr. J, always gettin himself into trouble. like the time you scared all those kids on holloween. lol

and VMAN'S MOM IS A NOOB ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!:chuckle: (hey, give me credit for trying^^)

D

Deleted member

sry for the delay in vids, but they won't be posted tonight.

i went to best buy to get the fire wire cable and equipment. it all totaled 100$ im like, mind games, i already have all this crap. so i go back to tims house and sure enough the card is in his desktop with the cable poking out the card. too easy. but he is going to study at his friends house for a test tomorrow and im not hanging out with his little sister (who is annoying as hell), while i rip vids. but they will be posted by 6:00 tomorrow, central time for sure.

peace

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace

What an idiot.... Taylor where are all your friends to back up your smack talk, lol I specilize in owning all those characters you just mentioned. Im noted down in AZ for talking smack anyway so stop being a hater and go back to making excuses why you suck so bad. I liked the one where you said those are old vids of you **** you dont even come close to my skill buddy.

PS LA smells like toilet water

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
J, shut the hell up. Dude, I can barely beat Taylor, and if I do, It because I edgecamped the entire match. But of course, you are a trash talker.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
What an idiot.... Taylor where are all your friends to back up your smack talk, lol I specilize in owning all those characters you just mentioned. Im noted down in AZ for talking smack anyway so stop being a hater and go back to making excuses why you suck so bad. I liked the one where you said those are old vids of you **** you dont even come close to my skill buddy.

PS LA smells like toilet water
Mr. J, shut the flipping **** up. If you can't consistently own Nicknyte, which your videos show you cannot, then you wouldn't compare to Taylor. You "specialize" in owning those characters he mentioned? Who gives a ****? Just because you counter some characters doesn't mean that the player can't flat out **** you. Shut up and stop making my current state look bad, and stop belittling my old state.

p.s. For the record, Arizona does not differ in smell from Louisiana. Louisiana probably smells better than AZ anyway because of all the plants and trees they have anyway.

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
taylorhj from tim's computer:

lol. im glad you specialize in beating all the best characters in the game noob. not to put nicknyte down but i think the ratio would be 9/1 in my favor. the trick is to never go by the edge. spam projectiled and make him move.

im not talking **** to anyone else but you, because you're the only ******* in your thread. ive found everyone else to be really cool. i dont need a bunch of la kids to have my back because all the az guys do.

yeah those vids are a year and a half old. im uploading recent vids right now though. ill post links in a few mins.

are u going to san antonio? $100 mm?

Priest_Revan

Smash Cadet
The hell?

I leave for like 3 days, and you all of you idiots get into a bloody argument.

BlackKnight: ...too easy.
Mr. J: Stop causing problems J. That's my job, not yours. God ****.
Vectorman: You're too cool to insult.
Axe: ...too ****ing easy... and you don't do anything to defend yourself anyways.
xyouxarexuglyx2: Who in flying **** are you?
MisterZ : The hell? Who are you?
...oh, you're that geek Taylor.

I feel much better now.

Later *****es.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Priest Revan:

I'm from AZ, but I don't visit the SV thread much. I wandered in here one day and saw that Mr. J was starting **** with Louisiana, which is where I lived the first twelve years of my fourteen year long life. I usually post in the regular AZ thread, power ranking (AZ) thread, and the STB Hosts Glendale Weeklies thread.

D

Deleted member

the player im fighting is ranked 12th ish in la. 4th-5th in baton rouge. he's an extremely technical fox player. he can do pretty much anything technically. i've watch him do 9 jump canceled shines in a row. he just doesnt play the smartest game of smash ever. i think alot of players forget about this aspect of smash. they find out about advanced tech and they forget about spacing and game basics.

Top Bottom