• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
SV / AZ Rankings (Melee) and they're character(s)

0. Axe - :pikachu::falco::fox::peach:
0. V3ctorMan - :yoshi2::falco::mewtwo::samus2:
1. NickNyte - :luigi2::marth::ganondorf:
2. Tag - :jigglypuff::fox::falco:
3. Turnup Tosser - :peach::sheik:

Rankings w/the seasonal Players!.. Seasonal Players will be Underlined! NOTE THESE RANKINGS ARE ONLY VALID WHEN ALL SEASONAL PLAYERS ARE IN ATTENDANCE! HENCE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE INACTIVE HAVE NO PURPOSE..but to inform people on where they stand w/all of SV's Players

1. Yeah! - :falco::fox::gw:
2. Turnup Tosser - :peach::sheik:
3. Mr. Jaskolski - :peach::drmario:
3. Tag - :jigglypuff::fox:
5. NickNyte - :luigi2::marth::ganondorf:
6. Masta Deltron - :samus2::sheik:
7. Priest Revan - :zelda::marth::link2:
8. SmurfyEXE - :link2::fox:
9. Calabrel - :falcon::younglinkmelee:
10. Kricket - :kirby::mario2:
11. DonMagicWand - :dk2::falcon:
12. A.I. - :fox::ganondorf:
12. Blitz - :falcon::fox:
14. SenorPimpHand - :yoshi2::marth:
15. Edge - :falco::fox:

*Famous Players who lived in SV but will now be leaving and likely NO chance of returning, or interest in the SV Crew*(Thank you for playing w/the SV Crew you'll be remembered)

The Cape - :mario2::bowser2:

UPDATE - 4/08/10 By: V3ctorMan

Large Update - Allrite SV, another large update for us, I recommend EVERYONE read the very bottom of this post. I've updated the new ruleset, which is actually identical to the MBR ruleset, we will be using this ruleset from now on for the SV rankings. I believe that, SV has trained too much on the regular stages and lack counterpick stage experience, so hopefully this will help us all out. Axe/Mr. Jaskolski will be visiting this weekend, so everyone do your best to come out with the classic SV crew. The SV rankings have changed as well, Axe and I MIGHT come back to the SV rankings but highly doubtful, as we still want to witness the progression of the SV crew without us hindering any of SV's progress. I personally am very proud of the SV crew, and I only want us to get better, as me/axe's goal still remains the same (making SV the best) I'm proud of all of SV. Anyway read it and weep, New updated post, very important information, so lets keep at it SV.

UPDATE - 3/21/10 By: V3ctorMan

Large Update: Check first post. I've upgraded to character pictures now, and rid of our "funny" little quotes. Seems sad to say but things have toned down here alot in SV. Luckily I'M BACK, and will fix that up, and can hopefully revive the dead scene here. My goal is to resurrect the scene here and hopefully find new people. Some rankings have been updated, so make sure you check it out. More to come later on. Questions? comments? concerns? PM me, or contact me. ^^ I will bring us back!

UPDATE - 08/16/09 By: V3ctorMan & Axe

Large Update, Read Top, as i'm sure most of you can tell, SV is slowly losing the amount of players, HOWEVER, that does not mean that the melee scene for us shall wither away.. Even Tho Jeff, and myself are gone, we will ALWAYS be SV crew regardless of where we go, that's a promise from both of us.. Times are a little tough i'm sure with not as many players now and with most of the melee scene we have starting school, it will be a little hard.. but I KNOW the SV Crew can stay strong, and practice.. Joey, Joe, and Seabass, i'm relying on you to keep the SV scene up and coming, and growing.. Axe and I wanna see some awesome improvement when we come back and visit, chill etc.. SV's always improved let's keep it that way.. Even Mr. J, will be back to give you all some practice. We keep getting better and better, lets keep it that way I mean after all SV > AZ right? ^^

Change to the SV Rankings have been made as well, Any disputes, suggestions, questions, etc... Give Me, or Jeff a call..If any of you have any unique ideas we should try, don hesitate to ask, so Keep practicin, and we'll see you in due time.
<3 stay strong SV <3

Updated 06/08/09 by: V3ctorMan

No Major update really, just I guess kinda saying i'm back and I miss everyone =p, but as for the time being, i've gotta study, or find a way to keep my spirit alive, because it's slowly fading. Heh *sigh* you know it's like you all (SV) was my life force that kept me going and with that being taken away, it's hard for me to adjust.. Stay strong everyone.. I will try as well! =]

Updated by: Axe (5/10/09)
Just a few updates that i want to discuss.....
As everyone knows, Carlton left just a few days ago. we all miss you man, we hope you'll live a better life in Texas. COME BACK!!!!! *sniffle*
Lately, we have been losing quite a few smashers, but we have also gained a great amount. i just want to tell everyone to not give up, no matter how hard things get. keep training, especially for those who are going to Genesis.

Speaking of Genesis, SV needs to discuss who exactly is going to Genesis and how we are going to get there. Kyle (aka reptard) and i have discussed about flying there, and Carlton has talked to me about meeting up there and maybe getting a hotel. this needs to be more discussed.

Tim SHOULD be coming back to visit for a few days this week, but that's still uncertain. hopefully we will see him. i miss you tim! (no homo)

Also, in case if anyone doesn't know, i will be staying here in SV for at least another YEAR. actually, most likely, i will be staying here for the next THREE years! me staying here for another year is 100% certain, and the next 3 years is like 75% sure. well, everyone, keep practicing. welcome to the boards, Reptard and Camo

Updated by: Axe (3/15/09)
I mostly just want to do a huge shoutout for Tim. if it wasn't for him, many of us would not be in the positions we are in now.... he kept melee alive. i wouldn't still be playing melee if it wasn't for him. so for you, Tim, SV will become the best we can be.

TO EVERYONE!!
Just because one of our main smashers is gone does not mean that we should just give up in melee. many of our players have left, and even Masta Deltron and i will leave in a few months, but i expect ALL OF YOU to keep playing. i want you guys to become the BEST players in the state. everyone starts out as beginners. the only way to become the best is if you are determined enough and DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! i know Tim would want to see everyone even better when he gets back, which is one reason why i keep training. show him what we can be!

On a side note, i do not want V3ctorMan or me to be at the top of the list. Masta Deltron: unless you beat Joey in a 3 out of 5 match, it will remain that way. show us that you have been improving! i know you have been, but have you been improving at a fast enough rate? show us what you have become. bring out that dirty DK :p hopefully this will give more incentive to make you want to get better, and Joey, maybe this will make you want to improve even more also

one more thing. just in case if anyone would want to reach me, my number is (520-508-5160 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************520-508-5160******end_of_the_skype_highlighting) for any new smashers that do not know me. i'm on a tight schedule because of work and school, but if you call me, i'll be glad to make time for some matches of melee.

Updated by: Masta Deltron (3/12/09)

*HUGE UPDATE*
Until Tim Gets back I Masta Deltron Will be running the rankings. I have changed the ranks around a bit because this is how it should be. In honor of Vectorman, he and AXE will retain their rightful spots as the number one players in SV. I really don't care what anyone has to say about it cause this is what i feel in my heart. If you noticed i have cleared up of some of the confusion of players who are not showing up, and who have not been around. Tim will be back in may (if I estimated correctly). Otherwise the same rules apply in challenging people for their spots. If anyone has to say anything about it bring it up with me personally.

That is all.

Updated by: V3ctorMan (2/16/09)

Those w/the same ranking as another are/is considered tied until a set match is witnessed and completed...by ANY 2 of the SV crew! ANY OF SV!

During this time Axe and I can do our Ranking Panelist Work and watch all of you develop and become better than Axe and myself (which believe it or not is what we want) and we're gonna try and get you there in any way we can.

*CHALLENGE UPDATE*
Multiple challenges may be made during the week as long as both players agree for it. However if there is to be a decline of a match you only have 1 week *7 days* before your challenge match must be played or your spot will be forfeited to the challenger, (THIS IS NOT EFFECTIVE THIS TIME SINCE IT'S BEEN WEEKS SINCE A NEW CHALLENGE HAS BEEN MADE so now any and all current challengs requested must be accepted, but we're sv and have no fear so I KNOW NOBODY WILL BE A COWARD AND DECLINE A CHALLENGE, just note" if a challenge is made and the challenger loses. There will be no 2nd challenge for the challenger on the same opponent until the following week.

This is what is needed to grow and make our community the best smash *melee* community in the state of Arizona. So start training build up. Do what you have to do.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND WE HOPE TO SEE OUR SMASH COMMUNITY GROW FURTHER THAN EVER!!

NOTE: IF TBD is after your name, one of the recipients has requested a challenge for the spot in question.

LET THE COMPETING BEGIN!

*Listed Below Are the NEW standard rules and regulations for the SV system.

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches. (excluding rank matches) rank matches are best of 5.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
oh yeah. um it cost 10 dollars to get in and there is a winners of the winner bracket prize and a winner of a loser bracket prize.

Priest_Revan

Smash Cadet
Hey Mr J. I am a friend of Vectorman I use Marth. Umm, tournament should be the date he said and Vectorman and he hoped you and Sean would help him run it. Otherwise he is going to run it by himself.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
The youth center is going to let him do this? And sure we'll help him sorry I counldnt play with you guys yesterday ill play with you guys maybe this weekend

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
No problem man. the youth center is still deciding to let me do it or not. If they do not let me I am going to have it at someone's house which will make it harder, but the tournament will definetely be happening. So help spread word and stuff.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
so are you still at work. Yeah I need to talk to you so you can help me run the tournament. It will prolly NOT be at the youth center. Instead it will be at my house or a friends or if you have any good gaming places to play. let me know.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Who and where are you 2 from? Are you guys any good at smash because if you doubt your powers i think you should do something else on Sat

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Mr. J. you know both of these two and right now, you are better than them. N3oMantis is Arthur(The Mario user) and Blacknight is Carlton. The guy at the tournament that uses Dr Mario like you. They are friends of mine. They are getting better pretty quick but are still lacking in some skill. don get too confident with them though. They will put up a good battle with you. :laugh: :chuckle:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
:chuckle: don worry, i will make sure I **** every single one of you at the tournament. Yeah even you Sean with your gay *** Peach. You aren't even good with her bad kid. j/k.

N

N3OMaNtis

Yeah...I'm ready to **** a couple of people to, now that i've gotten faster.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
FYI
New update on rules. Tournament is this SUNDAY
4 stock
8 min
no items
2 out of 3 rounds for a match. Double elimination
(MLG Rules)
If anyone has a suggestion for a good SV house that we could use. Please let me know otherwise we are going to use a house that ........................... forget it. Please give me suggestions for a good house in SV

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
V3ctorMan said:
FYI
New update on rules. Tournament is this SUNDAY
4 stock
8 min
no items
2 out of 3 rounds for a match. Double elimination
(MLG Rules)
If anyone has a suggestion for a good SV house that we could use. Please let me know otherwise we are going to use a house that ........................... forget it. Please give me suggestions for a good house in SV
Man I really dont have any idea where to hold this tourny, so where ever you pick is where its gonna be probably. And dont worry ill give you my best Doc ever. Since that tourny in Tucson me and Sean got better and learned a few more tricks.....hehehehe

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Sean and I owned on some foo's but we didnt participate in the tourny because they started to late we just went home. But we did own some people

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I thought so. I did think you did but oh well. See that was sort of good that I did not go since i would not have been in it since I would have to leave like you guys did.

U ready to get owned in this tourney though? :laugh: :chuckle: j/k. (No Im Not) :laugh:

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
what time vect because i got church on sunday and i want to go to show off my new wave dashing abilities :chuckle: :chuckle:

it only took 2 days and people said it was hard :ohwell: :chuckle:

it better cost alot because i got to pay off a stupid book fine at registration because that fat A@# chick (you know the 1 who loves justin and ever over skinny black man she sees) never turned it in :mad: :mad:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Though wavedashing isn't that hard, learning to do it against CPUs and doing it in a real match are two different things. I remember the first tournament I went to after I thought I had wavedashing down didn't go too well cause I couldn't WD like I had been practicing. So basically what I am saying is just keep practicing it because you will think you have it down and then it just doesn't happen...or at least thats what happened to me.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Well ill have to agree with Sizzle there they are two different things and when the pressure is on during a match you kinda lose it.

On another note Id like to thank Nog and his roommate for making it down here to play, it was fun and id like to play you guys again. Those were some good team battles my bro and i 2 stocked you guys last match, heehehe

SundayOwner

Smash Rookie
Hey anyone miss me? Im sure everyone did. Ya well 2 stock is nothing mr. j i would have had the same stock that whole game. I dont die. ya i know im good like that. so anyone want to play?

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
SundayOwner said:
Hey anyone miss me? Im sure everyone did. Ya well 2 stock is nothing mr. j i would have had the same stock that whole game. I dont die. ya i know im good like that. so anyone want to play?
Yeah i do, Today and what happened you never showed up at the Tourny on Sat. Everyone wanted to see me cream you but you didnt show. how lame of you. Anyways I think everyone has concluded your not a real person so stop f'in around. If you wanna play me here's my phone number for the millionth time 559-5514. And if your not gonna call dont post it's simple we already have one Templar we dont need another

SundayOwner

Smash Rookie
Mr.Jaskolski said:
Yeah i do, Today and what happened you never showed up at the Tourny on Sat. Everyone wanted to see me cream you but you didnt show. how lame of you. Anyways I think everyone has concluded your not a real person so stop f'in around. If you wanna play me here's my phone number for the millionth time 559-5514. And if your not gonna call dont post it's simple we already have one Templar we dont need another
If i wasnt a real person i dont think i would be posting comments and such. WEll i didnt go because like i told u before i was moving and i had to help move out. when is a good time for you?

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
SundayOwner said:
If i wasnt a real person i dont think i would be posting comments and such. WEll i didnt go because like i told u before i was moving and i had to help move out. when is a good time for you?
Dude, in all seriousness why dont you call me and we could set a day to play and that would be cool. But it's lame you keep talking your smack, cause man im one of best here.I have yet to see anyone rival my skill. So if you reallllllllyyyyyyyy want to play me then call me at 559-5514 if not stop talkinf to me.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ok, Ok, Ok. Mr. J. you can calm down a lil bit. Yes all of us know that you are indeed very skilled at the game but the term "I have yet to see anyone rival my skill". You mean in a typical character match or like a regular match. Everyone told me that Sean (your friend) was the only person that had beaten you in SV and can even hang with you. Me, (a nobody at the time) came and played in a simple tourney and fun matches at your house and I am able to beat your Sheik and Dr. Mario and beat all of Sean's characters Xcept his Peach. I still do believe that when it comes to different opponents, you are better since you have the experience of playing. I've only had my GCN for 3 months but me and Sean definetely rival your skill. Just making sure that you know that man. I am not trying to make it sound like we are the only ones good. There is growing talent in SV. I am one of them. Blacknight 23, N3oMantis, PriestRevan and there are many others. Some that we may not even know of. **** SundayOwner could even be good even though he runs his mouth all the ****ing time. Oh yeah though SundayOwner you will lose to Mr. J. don play him unless ........................................ well don play him if you are not even real good or ................... well forget it. Im only trying to help you. (Usually when people say that you are going to lose, most tend to play better so Myself, Mr. J and Sean can play you at your very best. (It USUALLY helps) :confused: Mr. J. I need to play you again soon. I have a new and improved Falco now and you weren't even able to beat my first one I don think so we need to play SOON.
:chuckle: :laugh: :chuckle:

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
A lot said but I to have some new tricks of the trade and as of now i dont think your falco can touch my Doc, yeah Sean can beat me some times and vice versa but Ive been playing him for a long time. Its really no surprise, I would really enjoy playing this Sumgaydonor but he's all talk no show.Hey thats pretty clever thats his name from now on alltalknoshow, **** im good. So anyways are you still having that tourny or what?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mr.Jaskolski said:
A lot said but I to have some new tricks of the trade and as of now i dont think your falco can touch my Doc, yeah Sean can beat me some times and vice versa but Ive been playing him for a long time. Its really no surprise, I would really enjoy playing this Sumgaydonor but he's all talk no show.Hey thats pretty clever thats his name from now on alltalknoshow, **** im good. So anyways are you still having that tourny or what?
V3ctor plays falco eh? Cape lasers, upthrow/upsmash chains, and bthrow to bair/cape edgeguard for the win. lol. When you gonna play my falco again mr. j?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Mr.Jaskolski said:
That's funny Mr. J. I wlll be looking forward to playing the Doc, that I won't be able to touch with my Falco :laugh: You couldn't get by my first and now I have a better one man. You are gonna need to learn how to stop the shine spike first. You never quite got past that part.
All in All, I look forward to playing your new strats Mr. J.

B-Will - your explanation of how Doc matches vs Falco is very true. That's :laugh:

Oh yeah tournement will be next Sunday so more word can get around. Tomorrow will be just like a smashfest type thing. I have 8 people that will be at the smashfest so if you can bring more people it would be cool. It will be at my house or my friends. I wlll call and give you directions. Tourney is next week so word can spread out. :chuckle:

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
B-Will said:
V3ctor plays falco eh? Cape lasers, upthrow/upsmash chains, and bthrow to bair/cape edgeguard for the win. lol. When you gonna play my falco again mr. j?[/QUOTE

Ill have to make a day to to come up and play you, but yeah you bet. And tomorrow Vec you'll have to give me a call or nm ill call you so i can come and play at the smashfest tommorrow maybe the alltalknoshow will come

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
SundayOwner said:
So tell me about the smashing going on people
Why should we you've been a pain in the *** the whole time you've been posting, are you actually gonna show your mug this time? Or make up an excuse on why you cant come. Its On Sunday the 16th go figure your fav. day we all like it if you came it would give you a chance to establish yourself as a smasher amongst smashers in SV. Or get completely owned than sent home a loser. But Vec has all the details about tomorrow ask him.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
with all this talk of guts and glory why we just wait to see who goes home a winner and who goes home a loser taking mad S!@# shows nothing. Like a legend told me once talk is cheap, but a Azz whuppin' last forever
wavedashing a computer is the same because me and neomantis played and i was doing just fine. reason why is because if u know ur oppenents character inside out u know their limitations just add in the X-factor which is wavedashing.

Top Bottom