• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I agree with Vector. It is his tourney - what right do you all have to dictate rules in his own tourney that he worked hard to put together? Everyone has their own opinions, and he isn't going to be able to make every one of you happy. He puts other stages like corneria and onett in...some people are going to complain. If he leaves only neutral stages in and no other stages...others will complain. So ultimately it's up to him because it's his own tourney lol...

Like Vec said, look at Forward's huge tourney that is coming up. He only allows the six neutral stages and none other. Look at the thread; no one is complaining because it's his tourney.

I actually like the six neutral stages and nothing else rule. I don't like having to compete against the level as well as the person I'm playing, i.e. rainbow cruise, onett, etc. But that's just me. Man up and play according to the rules.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well I agree with Vector. It is his tourney - what right do you all have to dictate rules in his own tourney that he worked hard to put together? Everyone has their own opinions, and he isn't going to be able to make every one of you happy. He puts other stages like corneria and onett in...some people are going to complain. If he leaves only neutral stages in and no other stages...others will complain. So ultimately it's up to him because it's his own tourney lol...

Like Vec said, look at Forward's huge tourney that is coming up. He only allows the six neutral stages and none other. Look at the thread; no one is complaining because it's his tourney.

I actually like the six neutral stages and nothing else rule. I don't like having to compete against the level as well as the person I'm playing, i.e. rainbow cruise, onett, etc. But that's just me. Man up and play according to the rules.
Thank you B-Will, and YES, that's the reason. How some of you may like, the counter-stages others don't, and some want the six neutral stages some don't. It's too much to try and make equal so I am sticking with the six neutral stages. MY TOURNEY IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME AS FORWARD'S except in biweekly forms instead of one huge one.

I think you're the only one that understands B-Will, THX. Gotta have tournament experience. I've got plenty of it. I SUGGESTED THE ONE AT EB, and helped assemble it. I RAN THE 3 TOURNEYS AT BUENA HIGH SCHOOL. I know how to make balanced rulesets and tourney's so.............................. LET ME RUN THEM.

RULES ARE FINAL IN TERMS OF STAGES.

FD, BF, PS, YS, DL64, FoD

So don't bug me about them anymore. You don't like them, MAYBE I'll change it up every few weeks. OTHERWISE ............................. DON SHOW UP.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I have to repeat myself three times, because you and the rest of the noobs that keep bothering me don get what FINAL RULES mean. So jus listen better and I won't have to repeat myself.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
We ALL already have it noob. Well, we've been smashless for a while now, so are we gonna play this weekend or would it be better to wait some more?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
THE ONLY THING THAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THAT I'M RUNNING EVERYTHING, AND THEN EVERYONE ELSE IS TELLING ME HOW TO RUN MY TOURNEY. If you want it that way, then run your own **** tourney, but LUCKY FOR YOU ALL, I'M A SOFTY. And I don't have time for people to flame me.
:flame: *UBER FLAMAGE*:flame: And maybe I will run my own tourney...nah.
I think you're the only one that understands B-Will, THX. Gotta have tournament experience. I've got plenty of it. I SUGGESTED THE ONE AT EB, and helped assemble it. I RAN THE 3 TOURNEYS AT BUENA HIGH SCHOOL. I know how to make balanced rulesets and tourney's so.............................. LET ME RUN THEM.
Yeah, wait...Buena had 3 TOURNEYS!!! WHAT!!!

So don't bug me about them anymore. You don't like them, MAYBE I'll change it up every few weeks. OTHERWISE ............................. DON SHOW UP.
Whatever, I won't show up then...nah.
You gotta stop sayin suff like this. They may take you seriously and SV's Smash goes up in flames.

Seriously though, I don't see why you're so mad. You need to take some anger management classes or something. Throwing controllers and crap. Just ignore them. They'll go away.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol...i dont think vec is overreacting or anything per se. id be a little annoyed if i put together a tourney and everyone was complaining about rules and telling me how to run my own tourney.

team combo vid eh? id like to see that. you all need to find a way to tucson for next weekend lol. i may be going to pandration this weekend in cali but if i dont, we all need to finally play. i forget who, but i read somewhere that one of you all had a car not just mr. j? i like to put some faces to all of you sv smashers and not just posts. i know people are willing to throw in for gas and its only an hour drive...

and mr. j, stop with the meaningless one lined posts; ive warned you about them already.

EDIT: vec and whoever else have an aim or yahoo screen name? itd be more convenient then pm'ing back and forth anyways...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm not overreacting, I don't think

Yeah on the team combo vid, part, uhhhh, we need to find out all of the double team teams first. K, first off, I need to know Final Teams. I know for example. Turnup Tosser, Mr. J, are a team and I know that I'm teaming with Priest Revan, WE'VE BEEN A TEAM FOREVER NOW. lol

I don't quite know the rest though. I know Blacknight will team up with W4veMantis, or Senor Pimpin but I'm not sure yet, But w4ve may team with SpiderMan, honestly I don't know. We need to get our 2v2 teams settled.

yeah b-Will that would be cool, if we could finally meet up.

K BUT NOW THE MAIN REASON WHY I POSTED IS TO SAY THAT:

I'm probably going to Link up the smashfests League with Sv's Nintendo Club, the only problem with this is it's mainly for helping support money for the school. So the cash prize money will be lowered BUT THERE WILL STILL BE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD PRIZES. even if I make it come out of my pocket.

I'm doing this for popularity matters. Not too many people know where I live, or even know about the boards, BUT AT BUENA, that's where all the connections start. HEY IT'S WHERE I FOUND, W4veMantis, Blacknight, Pimpin, Charcoal, just about everyone in the SV smash scene. Only ones I didn't were Priest, Mr. J, Turnup. so it would bring out more of a crowd.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Vec you sell out you put all your cash into a school function so you can "monitor" the Buena thing. Pffffff Im going to this Buena thing and if your playing there so will I

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
DURANGO SMASH TOURNY

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90534

When?
Saturday, December 9, 2006 Noon – 6:00pm

Where?
2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 81301

How much?
$10, or come to watch and play for fun, free!

Prizes?
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

MLG Rules

doubles will depend on how many people show. we would love to have AZ smashers attend!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Vec you sell out you put all your cash into a school function so you can "monitor" the Buena thing. Pffffff Im going to this Buena thing and if your playing there so will I
The words are much easier said than done. Mr. J. I can get into the Buena tournament, cuz I"M the reason that they were allowed to do it. Due to the success that it had last year. Blacknight, just continued from where I had left off, since he helped me run the tourney last year.

I am doing what I can, to get smashers outside of Buena into the scene and I'm even doing everything I can, but I can't guarantee anything to anyone. LUCKILY FOR ME, I'm at least trying cuz in ANY other case, I would NOT be able to let smashers outside of Buena in but since I'm part of the reason why the smasfests are happening, I may be able to help all of you Buena outsiders out.

WORSE CASE SCENARIO, IS THAT OUTSIDERS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO WIN as much cash as a Buena student due to the fact of raising money for the school, BUT I BET I CAN CHANGE that. i will keep you guys updated.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
No, No, No...not 2v2's. I didn't mean team as in like TEAM. I don't play 2v2's. Don't like em'...don't like em' at all. I meant just a combo vid of SV Smashers. You know...that thing we were talking about.
I know for sure I can't play any this weekend or probably next week at all. I got finals at school I gotta study for.
Hmmmmm... that's about it.
Oh...I don't even think my car can make it to Tucson. I mean it runs nice and all but...yeah it's over 15 years old. We should see if Priest can go.
Later...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
It didn't start last week. it's supposed to start this week, but I've got no confirmation of many players so I may just put the location at Buena. If I did do that, I would have to get all of those that DO NOT attend the school some kind of pass so you could get in to compete but for now, it looks like I'm gonna have to do that. I've received too many calls of people asking where I live, and they can't make it cuz, they don't drive yet, they don't know where I am, and they don't feel like looking or parent restriction. SO to best, even the odds. I'm prolly goin to have to put it at Buena.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Good luck on your tournament Vector. Good luck Mr. J ^^ Though one thing....The caps O_O are they to emphasize or to resemble yelling.. Not trying to be an arse. But seriously, smash is supposed to be fun, not OMG YOUR RULES ARE SO GAY I HATE YOUR TOURNEY. If you are a true smash brethren, go to a tourney to have fun, not win money. Props to my fellas back in SV. Holla.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thx, Nicknyte, but all the players here play pretty competitively, and the caps are just their to emphasize emotion. How's smash in your area? We play for fun, and for money lol. Well, catch you later, and for the rest of SV I will keep you updated.

EDIT: here's an update now. Ok, for you to begin to be able to compete at the Buena smashfests I need any of the SV smashers to register at this site. Once you register here, reply in the SSBM thread or in the general board and I will have ur confirmation. (This helps me get passes for those of you outside of Buena) Advertise this if you have to, but this is mainly for SV smashers, others can register but it will serve them no purpose if they don't live near SV. Just a side note, Please don't flame the boards, or even spam them, cuz I WILLgive warnings and if successive, BAN YOU . Sv's not big enuph to support all the spam that these boards have.
Well here you go.

http://svpssupersmash.proboards102.com/index.cgi?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
ok, ummm, some of them are on the site in my sig, The others I don't know where to post them since they are not my vids.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I should have passes for all by Wednesday. Just to let all know though that the first tourney is NOT A TOURNEY, BUT RATHER A SMASHFESTS. So all can know what competition there is I suppose. May cost cash to get in like $5, but if it does I will supply food/drinks.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO COME, BUT I will NOT be participating at the first one. I WANT TO WATCH THE UPCOMING talent if there's any.

k that's it for now, Check back for more info.

SIDE NOTE: I WILL POST THE SV VIDS WE DID, AT THE BHS NINTENDO CLUB SITE. K MINE ARE HERE, but unless I send them to you, you have a choice to put your's here too, if you want.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
k, I've got the confirmation. No passes will be needed to attend BUT, I need to have a list of people that do not attend Buena to post their name in the BHS Nintendo Club site boards. (Site is in my sig) This is so we know how many that don't attend will be needed. Also like I said before, first meeting is NOT a tourney, but rather a fest so all can see what competition there is. It will be from 2 P.M to 3 P.M, at Buena in the library. Once again, show up, but no tournament will be there. I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING but I'll be there. (I wanna see the competition and the rising talent if we have some)

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
HELLO! It's been awhile since I been on. School Sucks. Anyway, when is this first meeting I keep hearing about. Wait...why don't I just check the site...

V3CTORMAN A SMASH DIRECTOR!!! Congrats to you.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sweet, about time you returned, school finals taking over lol. SO W4ve, how's the smash with you. or you still playing GOW. First meeting is Friday 2 to 3 at Buena. Only smashfest, you prolly won't see any news on the BHS site, since word hasn't quite got around yet but after the first meeting it should be filled with stuff

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Smash is going. Haven't played in forever so when I start back up I should be like...uber good and stuff. To much GOW. Way to much GOW. Anyway, yeah i'll be at the meeting if I'm allowed in. Checked out the Buena smash site and it looks good.
later...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah, anybody can get in as long as I have some kind of 100% confirmation that you'll be there, this way I can get all ready for who will be there.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Need me to bring a cube or somethin? I can if you need me to. Almost done with finals. Only One more and that's my Biology final. Brrr...

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
B-Knight ere justputtin the word out that all you people that are showing up spectators only k? am the president and i need to get in good grace so o trash talkin k (not yet at least) we are going to work out a black list like need for speed most wanted so do't accept any challenge yet te have to get past me, preist, and pimp k

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
let them play Black, UR PRESIDENT CUZ I PASSED ON THE TOURNAMENT RUNNING ABILITY TO YOU. LET WAVE AND MR J, play. They need new comp too you know. I just suggest they don't play full, cuz people at Buena aren't top quality players yet. I'll be the only spectator, let everyone else play, I WILL MAKE SURE THERE IS NO TALK RIGHT MR J, (meaning don trash talk)

Top Bottom