• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Please don't talk trash Mr. J. I don't want to have to shut you up with my Fox. LOL.
Anyway, Black quit being gay. If I can't play there's no point in me even going. I'm not gonna play my best. I'll just play like I usually do. I will probably use some of my other characters.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
don worry, all of you guys who don't go to buena, just go, and I'll make sure you can play as LONG AS YOU DON'T TRASH TALK, K. Everyone's not gonna show up just to watch, only I am, you all can play tho.

As for the blacklist part, Uhhh, I guess you could do it, but how are you gonna pull it off? I just don't want people bothering others saying "Oh my god I can beat you and that crap, cuz I, and others don hav time for it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I promised myself I wasn't gonna play at the fest BUT there was one guy WORTH it. He's really good, and will prolly be placed at 3rd in SV, but well see.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
So be Honest Mr. J, do you think you can beat him? SERIOUSLY BE HONEST. If you think you can then I will let you guys have a set of 5 matches like usual. It just looked like he cleaned you up pretty **** good. If you think you can beat him. I won't give him the spot.

BUT IF HE DOES. NO JOHNS. got it.

EDIT: Sorry, Axe 09, but like everyone else had too, you have to play all the SV smashers. I know I told you, that you had the 3 spot, and I still think you do, but there's a chance I may be wrong, and you will have to face all smashers to determine where you would stand. You would start from Blacknight, and work ur way up so for you it would be Blacknight, Priest Revan, W4veMantis, Mr. J, Turnup, and then myself. U shud be fine tho, the way you played vs me, in our set yesterday you should be fine, and my pick for beating Mr. J, You'll prolly be #3, but another guy (W4veMantis) has a speed/tech game familiar with mine, so he'll give you a run for ur money.

This applies for ALL NEW SV SMASHERS. I was so obsessed with someone owning Mr. J, with a Pikachu, I forgot how the actual rankings worked here. And I was impressed with the amount of new smashers that we have, so I'm sorry again for that error.

So for now, Rankings stand but imo, they will be changing very shortly, and possibly a new #2,3,4,5,6, all of the spots possibly.

So for now, these are all the challenges that I know need to happen for spots.

Blacknight23 (Onyx) has Challenged W4veMantis (W4ve) for the #4 spot.

W4veMantis (W4ve) has challenged Mr. Jaskolski (Mr J) for #3 spot

AXE 09 (AXE) has challenged ranked 1 thru 16 everyone, he needs to see how far he can go, I expect to see top 5 from him.

IF there are challenges I missed, plz let me know

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I've been challenged...sweet. Anyway, I still wanna play that pikachu kid. I've completly stopped playing with Fox and I think I'm done with him for now...if not forever. I don't know. Anyway, I'm severly changing my playstyle with Mario. Learning how to tech better. etc. I'm pretty much changing my entire playstyle. It's weird but...whatever.
Also, I went back to one of my old char's. I never really used him until now. Lot of good stuff I'm finding out about this char. Not telling who it is yet...
Tell Axe to start posting in our thread. His friends decent as well, the one who beat me. I made alot of noobish mistakes against him and I really underestamated him but he is still good and he can get alot better.
Okay...I'm done
later...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey some SV represtentation at the New MExico tourey would be awesome, we are setting up housing as we speak, for everyone.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Question...doesn't Onyx have to go through Preist before he can play me? Also, doesn't Axe have to play through everybody on the rankings to get a spot in the top three? I'm not hating or nothin, the guy is good, but rules are rules.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah I already changed it and everything and I know ur not hating and crap, but I already know he's gonna get at least top 5, no doubt. He WILL still play everyone but many matches will seem to easy for him, but yeah, he still has to play everyone. But he'll get far. He went for my spot Saturday and I took him in 4 games (I DIDN'T GET THE SWEEP) WAHH!!!. Mr. J, (currently 3rd best in SV) and everyone else however that I saw him play, he 3, even 4 stocked em so many matches will be easy for him.

He even easily 2 stocked Black's Samus with the mouse that I can't do yet. And he even caused me the same amount of problems that Priest gay character's do, except he was consistent and he could play like that EVERY MATCH. All of our matches came down to 2 or 1 stock. He's gonna cause problems for everyone, but it's good because we need more SV attention.

Either way tho, yes, he's gonna play everybody to see how far he can go, so you all will have ur chance to play the new guy.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
K, the power rankings for this area is now in the Official Az section. However I WILL keep posting any new info on the spots. I can do this, because I need it for my bracket matches for league play. Jus in case you forgot, here is current.

1. V3ctorMan
2. Turnup Tosser
3. Mr. Jaskolski
4. W4veMantis
5. Priest Revan
6. Blacknight
7. SpiderMan
8. Pinilla
9. First Ade
10. Senor Pimpin
11. Charcoal
12. MeleeMasterMikey
13. SundayOwner.

These are also brackets for league play TO PREVENT THE SAME PEOPLE FROM WINNING EVERY WEEK. SO top 5 people can only play people within the top 5, so #1, doesn't play #13 in the finals or something you know.

So, how's the smash ladies?
Are theese still the current rankings?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ummm, there a lil different. 4 more people were included in the brackets but Pinilla was removed. I'm thinking of removing turnup as well but for some reason I think and hope he still plays. Look in the 1st post.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys know a Charlene Mason? She goes to your school and is in Academic Decathlon.

Carry on.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Well, Mr. Director sir, you didn't have to shut down everybodies hopes and dreams of smash greatness. I was just pointin out rules, that's all. So are we having more smashfests during the chri...holiday break? I think we should...Sir.
Oh...maybe we should call turnup and ask him if he's stopped playing before you take him off the rankings. I know I'd be uber pissed if I decided to smash with some old friends just to find out I'm no longer included in the rankings.
...sir.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol, quit that, and I'm not shutting anyone's hopes down. I just think that he will be at least top 5. I've played him, in 2 sets so I know how he plays, and he caused me some problems, It may be different for everyone else but imo I think he's good and will get at least top 5. I think ranks, 3-7 we'll see a change soon. And maybe even ranks 1, 2 since Turnup, may be finished. I'm gonna call him tho, and see what's goin on.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...honestly me too. I hope we can find more talent pretty soon. Give me more to work at.
I know it sounds lame but, I don't think I ever wanna be number 1. Then I won't have a goal anymore. I'd probably lose on purpose just to take my spot back. I've been playing more than I usually do. I wanna start teching everything not just those lucky techs I get every once in a while on Corneria.
...See, now I'm seriously back into smash, just because I've seen someone who is really good and might beat me. It just makes me wanna get better.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah...honestly me too. I hope we can find more talent pretty soon. Give me more to work at.
I know it sounds lame but, I don't think I ever wanna be number 1. Then I won't have a goal anymore. I'd probably lose on purpose just to take my spot back. I've been playing more than I usually do. I wanna start teching everything not just those lucky techs I get every once in a while on Corneria.
...See, now I'm seriously back into smash, just because I've seen someone who is really good and might beat me. It just makes me wanna get better.
Yeah, me too, talent more players would be nice.

I sort of see with what ur saying but when you get #1, you also have to improve your game since others will expect to see top quality moves and style and such. Also #1 is expected to have high expectations as well and if I do bad in a game it brings negative thoughts on what people think of you. (Just like my legit level 39 in Halo 2 lol) Also just because you have #1 doesn't mean there isn't a goal, you can make a new goal like trying to get #1 in a different area or something. There's always more to learn at this game. You can only imagine the BS Forward, Ken, BS, HugS, and great players like them when they have a bad game, they must get all the problems like this.

It's good ur getting back into it a lil more, cuz there's ALWAYS SOMETHING BETTER THAT YOU CAN WORK ON ALWAYS. SV seems to be growing a lil too, but I hope soon that the talent expands and stuff, or rest of AZ gonna think I only stay in SV cuz I DON'T WANNA GET BETTER. Tucson's killing me with their stuff, saying I only stay but Forward, and Taj, are trying to help me out by making a visit as long as I pay them (WHICH I WILL)

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...yeah.
Legit lvl 39...lol.
I see what you're saying. That's kind of the reason for me not wanting to be #1. Too much pressure to succeed. And if you happen to have a bad game, you get bombarded by BS. But...I guess it's not so bad. Did you see the way that one guy got all excited when he beat me at buena. I was pretty surprised...I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah it was pretty funny, and I was intimidatin you too, I thought it was funny cuz I know you weren't playing and he was playing full. lol. Just like when I was playing the Pikachu, and I used Falcon, he beat me by 1 stock and his friends comes up, "Dude your number #1 in SV now, and started huggin him and ****, I was like wow he's gay, then I chose Falco and I never saw him again. lol. But the new guy new that he wasn't but he may soon.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I MAY GET BACK INTO HALO, AND GIVE THE SV SECTION TO SOMEONE, I MAY BE DONE WITH SMASH FOR A WHILE, but I'm not sure yet.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Who is them W4ve? Oh, and uhhh, I'm still gonna play smash, but I'm getting back into Halo as well, Forgot how fun that game was. GOW's pretty good too, but just can't compare to Halo. GoW itself is better but I like 1st Person way more than 3rd Person. That's why Halo is so legendary.

Speaking of which, is there any smash going around?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Not till after Finals, there WILL BE SMASHFESTS AT MY HOUSE THIS WEEKEND if anyone wants to play for fun, I'll try and invite more people and like always will be recording. i HAVEN'T POSTED THE OTHER VIDS YET SINCE I'M WORKING ON MY Halo vids now, but I'll get them up eventually.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Well I sure showed the Jeff what for. He got a incredible Peach combo, then Sheik finished it off with the dirty tilts, it was cake baby. Now I do believe that number 3 spot is mine once more.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah congrats on the win Mr. J, and you have ur 3 spot still. Uhh, I need you to do me a favor though and that is to get in contact with Turnup Tosser, and let me know if he still plays or not. Jeff, good attempt but there are certain chars, that certain people have a good experience with playing. Overall though good matches with all of you.

HONESTLY, I have the league linked with the BHS fest but I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY PLAYED FRIDAY UNTIL BLACKNIGHT CALLED AND TOLD ME lol.

Well next tourney is in 2 weeks due to Xmas Break. hope to see you guys at the next few tourney's.

Till we play again.

Speaking of which, WHEN CAN WE PLAY AGAIN. TONIGHT PERHAPS?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope you all go to AZone. That will be THE tourney to attend...Forward is getting a lot of OOS players to attend so you better figure out a way up there lol. You missed out on a good tourney at Goop's; good talent there. I should be receiving some vids of myself vs. bloodofthefallen and light so be on the lookout for those.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
What I would do to go to that, but I'm dead near broke. Xmas shopping kills you. I can prolly pull something off though hopefully.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey u gotta come if u wanna see some of the greats, some person (PandaX) is like managing to get Ken, Vidjo, Chu Dat, and i think DSF also and some other SoCal people.

Top Bottom