• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah, I forgot that some people owe me some $$$$ right Mr. J? And yeah, I think I am gonna show to this. THE ONLY THING STOPPIN ME IS THE LOCATION but you guys said you may be providing housing so maybe I'm alright. Now I just have to get through my dad about me goin to Phoenix with complete random people he doesn't know at all, and then he's gonna give me a long safety speech about who you should trust and all that kind of BS. I hope I can get through to him.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
I finally have a Wii. My dad was coming home from work, he was still in his car, i had to ask him something important, i opened the passenger door, and in the legroom for the passenger seat was a box that said Wii across it. I didn't get it now, but, he'll most likely give it to me for Christmas

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I'm Back! Too much Twilight Princess. WTF did you guys play? You guys gotta let me know these things.
...hm...Mr. J managed to keep his spot. Eh.
Is school out yet for Buena? Finals are over right?

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
Zelda games aren't difficult to me. they are just fun. also, i don't go for all the secret stuff. i only go for what is nessecary to beat the game. i don't run around looking for heart containers. i don't go looking for secrects until i've already beat the game

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Zelda games aren't difficult to you? lol yeah about that. Next you're gonna tell me the Water Temple on Ocarina of Time was easy for the first time. Right. I'm tellin you he had a strategy guide. Oh well, not my concern. lol Anyway. Wave Good job finally getting Twilight but what about PSU you promised to get THAT I'M GONNA COVER FOR ANYWAY. aLL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BUY THE GAME.

Man Smash is so fun, you have no idea, I found some more players that you all may want to play, and their decent so we should play tonight or this weekend or something. I'll give ALL a call.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
I'll admit it, the Water Temple was difficult. The one in Master Quest was extremly difficult. But, i don't use strategy guides. i'm not a cheater

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Man your in for a big surprise Mikey. In the Twilight Princess the puzzels are way more difficult to figure out then any Zelda game I ever played before.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well there complex, not quite as I'd say harder, but there definetely different from what previous Zelda's have done. Anyway, if you want to talk about Zelda go to the light house but anyway.

So if anyone wants to play smash this weekend or maybe even today, let me know, by giving me a call or posting here or I'll give you a call. It's been a while since SV has played and if I'm gonna invite Tucson down here (Which I am) I'm trying to bring Forward, Taj, B-Will, Omar, many more players from there to play here since I will be paying each of them individually for the trip, so I'd like more people besides me to give them some kind of a run for their money. Gotta keep you BK's in tip-top condition. So anyone down for some smash. and BTW I will prolly be running a tourney sometime in February, after Forward's big tourney so look out for it. Well let me know if we're playing some smash,

Later

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
i'm not surprised. it makes sense that the puzzles would get harder. but, have you played Master Quest? Master Quest has some challenging puzzles.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
take ur talk to the Light House, plz, unless you two BK's wanna get some smash goin on, I need to play some more people. Bk's.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Forward and Taj aren't from Tucson, they live in Gilbert/Mesa. And Omar lives way up in Flagstaff. Only B-Will lives in Tucson.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah, my bad on that one, but they agreed to come up here to play as long as they had a purpose to come here and play. So what Im gonna do is make sure they're guaranteed the money they spent to get here back. All I need to do now is determine a date which would be good for me and for them. AZ is so spread out, Tucson was just the example I was giving.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
I got for christmas:

2 new diamondbacks hats home and away (in new colors)
Az Cardinals cards
Smallvile season 5
P.O.D. Greatest hits
Relient K:two lefts don't make a right..but three do
Relient K:the anatomy tonge in cheek
All-American Rejects:the All-American Rejects
All-American Rejects:Move Along
Wii
Madden NFL '07
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Megaman ZX
Megaman X collection
Wal-mart giftcard ($25)
Patriots Dieon Brance Jersey (silver)
Cardinals World series shirt (i collect world series shirts)
Diamondback shirt (in new colors)

My dad won't let me play my Wii until i bring home the next report card with only a's and b's. the next report card will come in 9 weeks. i brought home 1 "c" on my report card. in my family, my brothers and i would get grounded for bringing home a c. my dad says that making me look at the Wii box will motivate me to bring home at least all b's.

normally, i'd be grounded for the one c on my report card, but, my dad is leting be ungrounded until January 3rd. January 3rd is when i my winter break ends and i go back to school. so is anybody up for some smash?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Nobody cares what you got for Xmas, J/K, I'm down for smash anytime this week as long as you guys tell me. Looking for some smash to play. What about tonight or tomorrow. Smash League at Buena won't resume until the week of Jan, 3, so until then, smashfest at houses is strongly recommended. lol

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Vec, when are you going to host a tourney where all of us can attend? As long as you give us a chance to win our money back, which won't happen to me because forward and taj would be there, we would go. You should organize something soon and get back to us.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
Vec i'll try to play you if i can get a ride from Mr.J or you. Mr.J knows where i live. if you want to pick me up you could get directions from Mr. J

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
So Vec, when are you going to host a tourney where all of us can attend? As long as you give us a chance to win our money back, which won't happen to me because forward and taj would be there, we would go. You should organize something soon and get back to us.
Right Now I have a tourney planned for February. (A lil bit after AZone) so the big tourney you guys have can happen and then of course this one. I just hope that you guys can make it. And don worry about making ur money back. I got it covered. U will be able to make ur money back and we'll have MM resolved. I'll keep you all updated.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...hey.
We should smash next week. I really don't care when. We should. I've been working with someone new. Well not really new but...I guess...nevermind. Anyway we should smash next week. What's with all the talk about Twilight Princess. The game doesn't get hard until the ice temple. Took me forever to find out what I had to do.
...but, yeah smash next week= cool with me.
later...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah smash is goin to resume this next Friday at BHS. Of course, if you guys wanna play that's always good too. Man so many chars in this game are good, lol. I'm using gay characters now, but then again, aren't many of them that way.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
hey i saw your match against Mr. J on youtube. you beat the he** out of him with pikachu. and i know who said that Mr. J sucked. from that video i saw, it seems like Mr.J got worse. he was better when i played him the 2nd time.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
A simple video doesn't show an actual accurate set of skill but rather how high ur skill is compared to ur opponent. I can look good in that video, but the minute I play someone like Taj, I could look like a complete idiot. Videos are an inaccurate way to show skill, but rather to show what level of skill in ur char that ur using vs theirs. I bet you once Mr. J plays you, and say he beats you, he's gonna say that you got worse.

BASICALLY DON'T JUDGE ONES SKILL BY A VIDEO, but judge the level of ability compared to theirs. Mindgames, tech ability, move choice, etc.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
A simple video doesn't show an actual accurate set of skill but rather how high ur skill is. I can look good in that video, but the minute I play someone like Taj, I could look like a complete idiot. Videos are an inaccurate way to show skill, but rather to show what level of skill in ur char that ur using. I bet you once Mr. J plays you, and say he beats you, he's gonna say that you got worse.

BASICALLY DON'T JUDGE ONES SKILL BY A VIDEO, but judge the level of ability compared to theirs. Mindgames, tech ability, move choice, etc.
heh...well put. i just recently recorded some matches yesterday after playing about 4 hrs of smash and i watched one of them and i looked like a noob. granted i wasnt playing like i normally do but whatever. one video doesnt show much.

cool about your tourney in feb. im looking forward to it. i might be hosting a tourney too after azone that wont conflict with yours so be on the lookout for it and start trying to get a ride from mr. j again for it lol.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
heh...well put. i just recently recorded some matches yesterday after playing about 4 hrs of smash and i watched one of them and i looked like a noob. granted i wasnt playing like i normally do but whatever. one video doesnt show much.

cool about your tourney in feb. im looking forward to it. i might be hosting a tourney too after azone that wont conflict with yours so be on the lookout for it and start trying to get a ride from mr. j again for it lol.
yeah, I'll keep an eye out for it. I was gonna run one a lil sooner but Forward's tourney is HUGE so it wouldn't make sense to run one since all the recongizable players will be at Forward's tourney. Maybe to you, you looked like a noob but to others you could've looked good since you prolly have high expectations since you play with players like Forward, Taj. Hope you host a tourney and it seems that Mr. J is slowly returning to the smash scene so we'll see what happens.

MeleeMasterMikey

Smash Cadet
A simple video doesn't show an actual accurate set of skill but rather how high ur skill is compared to ur opponent. I can look good in that video, but the minute I play someone like Taj, I could look like a complete idiot. Videos are an inaccurate way to show skill, but rather to show what level of skill in ur char that ur using vs theirs. I bet you once Mr. J plays you, and say he beats you, he's gonna say that you got worse.

i guess you r right. but i said it SEEMS like he got worse. i didn't say he did. but did that match effect his spot in the standings?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
i guess you r right. but i said it SEEMS like he got worse. i didn't say he did. but did that match effect his spot in the standings?
No that match between him and I were just simple friendlies, but if it were to have effected rankings then I would be the one in jeopardy not him.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Thats funny Vec how you only put vids of you beating me...lol what about the ones of me beating you. Hey Wave your crazy the ice temple was the easiest one of all lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thats funny Vec how you only put vids of you beating me...lol what about the ones of me beating you. Hey Wave your crazy the ice temple was the easiest one of all lol
LOL - I would love to put up vids of you beating me, but there's one problem .................................. YOU NEVER BEAT ME, AND IF YOU DO I'M NOT USING A CHAR I'M GOOD WITH. There was one match you did get by my Falco, when you ditto'd but you got one of the kills. I killed myself the other 3. But I don use John's so yeah theoretically you did beat me. Now though, it's hard to play you w/o making myself look bad, cuz the majority of the people that watch the vids say "Im playing a noob" which makes ME LOOK BAD FOR PLAYING YOU. not you look bad for playing me.

But I'm not trying to talk smack. Mr. J, ur slowly developing your game and you even beat Jeff, so you must be improving a little bit. I admit even at a time you said nobody else was improving their game, but when I saw Jeff own you with Pika, I thought YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WAS NOT IMPROVING, but I guess I was wrong. I wanna play you with my Falcon, M2, Pikachu, IC, Doc, Link, Y-Link still tho. I'm not the same guy you used to know. lol. I hope you've been training cuz I sure have.

PS: Just a side note but Mr. J, I think you need to play my Falco again, (In the recent vid I posted you couldn't DI out of a mere simple combo so I got you from 0 to 93% in like 5 seconds lol. (That shouldn't be happening to 3rd in SV) Makes me look like I'm goin EZ on you (Which I ........ nevermind, you wouldn't know. I need to see how you fare vs it now. Then you'll see the big skill difference I compare myself compared to yours, O and you still have to play Wave/Axe/Tag?Blacknight. They are ALL GOIN FOR #3 SO I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

U chickened out a few days ago, when all of us played. lol

Top Bottom