• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

N

N3OMaNtis

Maybe, he did, maybe he didn't. I don't play anymore anyway. It's all about the box. I just wanted to let you know that I know all of your SECRETS.
See you on Thursday...tell pam to make alot of stuffing, and pecan pie. I want to take some home with me. Alright?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...whatever. Just get off.

Anyway...WRONG ANWSER V3CTORMAN!!! I grow tired of the smash and shall now go into meditation untill Brawl comes out...not really.

I wouldn't consider myself dedicated at all...more recreational than anything.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol. Ok that's cool. Yeah dude. I'm prolly gonna cancel the first week tourney. due to the fact that it's the week of thanksgiving and the fact that all of my family will be visiting. So prolly Dec 3 will be the official start.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOO!!!!!
Actually that sounds like a better idea. My fams gonna be down here too. Well, at least my brothers are gonna be down here. Can you believe that fool tried to use my account? He just called me and told me he had his comp on all day waiting for me to log on. I shoulda never told him about smash boards.
Anyway...yeah Dec 3, sounds good to me.
...later.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Whuts up all you local smash goons Hola 2 my homey Mr.J who aint never fazed bye no haters. Somethin about Dec 3 cool ill attend as long as theres foes to be had. An Vect i still got your celly. you need to come and get it just call me makes sure im home. You left it after gettin shook those last games we played before you left ;D just playing son. peaceout

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Turnup...yeah.
So that's why he hasn't been anwsering his phone.
F-zero stage...for once I agree with you Mr. J. I actually like that stage.
Vect, about your sig...cool.
I really don't have anything else to say so...yeah.
...later.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm not spoiled, i gotz a full time job, and I work 6 days a week.
I would have made all of the available counter stage picks but ALL OF THEM are gay.

DK Jungle 64
Corneria
Mute City
Onett
Fourside
Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise.

ALL OF THESE STAGES ARE GAY EXCEPT CORNERIA, AND POSSIBLY MUTE CITY. So I looked in and chose something that ALL should be happy with. That's how I came up with these settings. IT'S BETTER ANYWAY. I already gave people the ability to counter-pick people and even ban stages for a round. THIS WAY THE GAMEPLAY WILL BE BALANCED STILL.

Also I maintained these six stages only as well, because they are MLG certified stage settings so I want to hav my tourney as professional as possible.

EDIT: WELL IF YOU GUYS WANT JUS GIVE ME ENUPH PEOPLE THAT WANT THAT STAGE. FOR NOW ALL THE COUNTER STAGES WILL NOT BE INCLUDED BUT IF ENUPH PEOPLE WANT THESE STAGES I CAN ADD THEM.

I will add, Mute City, if you all want.

PERSONALLY I HATE THAT STAGE well because on a stage, like that, Character alone has a big difference. But it don't matter to me. It's prolly why you and Turnup and Mr. J, want it huh, cuz it's A GOOD COUNTER for me. Well don't blame you. It's a smart idea I guess.

IT'S ANNOYING TO ALWAYS BE COUNTERED BY PEOPLE just so they have a good CHANCE ot taking me, BUT I GUESS IT'S PART OF THE GAME.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Professional...who needs it.
Corneria has to be a stage. IT MUST BE!!!
You should go with..............Rainbow Cruise too.
Seriously...you know...switch it up a bit.
Anyway, it really doesn't matter to me what stages we play.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I don't wanna change it up, cuz most of these are gay. I WANT TO HAVE PROFESSIONAL because I CAN'T IMPROVE MY GAME, if we have gay stages like these. Who would benefit? I want to go up to Tucson and play with the HIGH TIER PLAYERS, and I'm pretty sure they don use theses stages. U know Y? Cuz it doesn't improve ur game, it only improves, how much you can MESS UP.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Isn't messing up a part of getting better...
yeah...whatever.
Like I said, I really don't care where we play...just throwing out suggestions.
It's your call.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I understand what ur saying Wave, but I'm running these smashfests to try and make EVERYONE better. So I have the MLG ruleset for the 6 stages guaranteed. That's even where the counter picking and even the stage striking came into play cuz MLG events do the same thing. As for the counter-picking part. I will definetely add Mute City, and Corneria, ........................... ahh to heck with it, I'll add all the counter stages. Gimme a sec to look them up, and I'll add them in the next post.

JUST REMEMBER COUNTER STAGES CAN ONLY BE USED as A COUNTER, and cannot be chosen for the first match of a set. STAGE STRIKING RULES APPLY HERE AS WELL. You can strike a counter stage as well as long as you have not used one in the previous match. ONLY 1 STAGE STRIKE may be used per set. (KEEP THIS IN MIND)

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. It's your call. Your putting all the work into it. I just add random crap that might help.
Is the first stage gonna be random or predetermined. If so I think it shoud be Final Destination.
You should make that stage un-strikable. It's like the best one in the game.
Anyway, i'm getting off for like...30 min. Breaks over and I gotta go back to class.
...later.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
The first stage is actually random and the only stages you can get from a random stage selection are the following

FD, FoD, DL64, BF, PS, YS.

THE 6 STATIONARY STAGES. Stages after this, is simple counter-picking.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
EDIT: nevermind. Only those six stages will be choosable for matches. I only have those stages in my CPU, and the fact that I'm keeping stat tracks of all the matches. It's gonna be too hard, well too LONG for me to include all of those maps and crap. Time I don wanna use, since I'm already using it for this league.

SO THE FINAL WORD ON STAGES ARE ONLY THE FOLLOWING

FINAL DESTINATION
DREAM LAND 64
POKEMON STADIUM
YOSHI'S ISLAND
BATTLEFIELD
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS

C

charcoal smasher

yeah ill be there as long as its after the christmas day parade.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Christmas Day Parade? The first tourney is Dec 2nd/3rd. When is the parade? About time you got back on the boards n00b. You've got so many people to play. You've got no idea.
If you want to catch up on info on the leaguefest or even see where you stand in the SV area of the rankings I suggest you read the first post in this thread so you can catch up on the info.

WOW. CHARCOAL IS BACK FROM THE DEAD ............... AGAIN.

C

charcoal smasher

dont worry once i own you again or get a wii or ps3 ill probably die again. all i know is that the christmas parade is the first saturday of december dont know the time yet though.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Charcoal...Charcoal...OH, I remember you.:confused:
That noob I used to own all the time. j/k.:chuckle:
seriously, it's been to long. We missed you man.
Anyway, let's see here...WTF..............................no..............no.....................NO CONERIA!!!!
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

C

charcoal smasher

who's wavemantis again? gosh must of forgot its been a while since i owned you, im going to have to do it again for old time sake.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
ok, kids PLEEZ calm down, I don't want to have to settle the DISPUTE by owning both of you, and also, this thread was almost shut down due to mr. J, and his flaming trash talk so keep it to a minimum or plain and simple. DON'T do it. k

Sorry again, but if you guys want to play and even have A CHANCE with top, of the top line players, you'd better get used to seeing these 6 maps. Otherwise, don expect to improve too DRASTICALLY.

C

charcoal smasher

vectorman you know i cant help but trash talk, we're only joking just calm down

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I know ur joking, but it doesn't mean the moderators that control this thread know ur joking. Just keep it to a minimum. Don need my thread being shut down. Not sure how much we can fiddle with that stuff.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ok, Now I have to give you another warning. When you post on the boards make sure your post are longer than one line. If they are not, then you will receive infractions. I would know, of all the journal post I've put in this thread. I put one small response. And I was given some infraction points so make sure you don't do that. make sure ur post hav a purpose to what ur saying and are longer than a single line.

So are you free maybe this Saturday/Sunday?

C

charcoal smasher

so many rules its going to be hard for me to remember them all, dont know yet i should be free hopefully, dont see why i wouldn't be. Ill call you and tell you either friday or thursday night

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
don forget, Make sure you call, we need to see what you can do now. AnD NONE OF US ARE THE SAME NOW. We all use DIFF CHARS NOW especially Priest Revan (Julian) DOn know how he does it lol. As for me, well I'll let you find out just by playin me. lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
uhhhh, yeah you can edgeguard, it's part of the game. Mr. J. what are you tellin this kid? Why wouldn't you be able to edgeguard.

If you want to know more of the rules just look at the first post. It has all the rules and regulations there.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm not going to hit you with infraction points every single time a one line post is found. If the post is relevent to the thread at hand and is constructive, I usually let it slide. (Because if I were to warn every single person for one lined posts, over half the people in SWF would be guilty of it). Just don't post carelessly.

As far as the whole edgeguarding thing, I read a funny thread a while back in MD about it. Some people found it unfair to edgeguard. He probably just comes from a background where edgeguarding is frowned upon.

lol...yeah...a tourney without edgeguarding/edgehogging is ********.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I have to agree with you B-Will. How will I be able to Shine Spike without edgeguarding.
...except against Vect's Falco. It either works or it backfires with drastic effects. Anyway, I thought the tourney on sunday was cancelled. Are we just smashin for fun or what? I got another car, so I can pick up Charcoal if he still hasn't got his license. Gotta go easy on the gas though, I'm gonna be broke for awhile...
...later.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
sweet job. Wave, you got ur car back. Ummm, well more good news for SV, if any of you guys happen to go to Buena High School, another smash site, dedicated solely for the Nintendo CLub at Buena High School. This is the 1st time buena has done this. (WHY COULDN'T THEY DO THIS FOR ME WHEN IS WAS THERE). I will post the site shortly, If you have any questions speak with Priest Revan, or myself

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sadly it's only for Buena High School people only, BUT I'm in it, cuz I run most of BHS tourney's anyway. Now Priest Revan, and Blacknight run all of them, but I still compete and sometimes just show up to help out. Yeah, but don't try goin. first off, they won't let you in, and second there are administrators on the site as well, and once we figure out you don't go to Buena, they will remove you from the site. I WON'T WANT TO REMOVE YOU BUT I'm an ADMINISTRATOR, and I'm forced to do my job. lol

Why would you wanna go anyway, since you say there is no talent at Buena,

O, BUT THEN YOU MET ME. LOL

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
I think there should be more levels to pick from in the tourney. Tim you say you want it to be more even and talk about how mute city is gay and an unskilled counter pick, and you think projectile spamming on FD with falco is any better?? extra gay. i think levels with different terrain is what makes the game a challenge. i dont know though i took extra time in playing all the fun levels and mastering juggle foes off of walls. I guess if i where you id want all the advantage i could get on me too. but yeah a wider variety is what makes the game challenging and fair not the other way around.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
For the LAST time I UNDERSTAND that, so quit spamming me about that. THE SIMPLE FACT THAT I , ME, ME, ME, ME, not you. ME, ME, I, MYSELF, MY OWN, ME, ME. hav to run EVERYTHING. I'm stat tracking, everything, and I'm not gonna include ALL OF THE COUNTER STAGES CUZ IT'S TOO MUCH WORK for my computer and I don't hav the time to do all of it. I'm doin enuph for you CATS ALREADY. ALSO, I am using PROFESSIONAL ruleset.

Look at Forward's tourney. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS. If you don't want Final Destination, then just strike the **** stage when I choose it. dee, de, dee. Even if I were to include all the BS that you kids seem to want so bad cuz I know most of you are thinking I don't want mute city, cuz I ACTUALLY lose on that map, and you'll hav a chance. It's NOT. It wouldn't make a difference, cuz then I would strike that stage.

On another note. Lazer spamming is much more annoying, and difficult to maintain but it's how you use falco. Peach has one smash move that gets ANY char to 40%, and all u and especially Mr. J, have to do is SPAM it like he does, WHAT SKILL IS THAT? !NONE!

FINE I DON'T CARE THOUGH. IF YOU KIDS WANT THOSE STAGES SO BAD, I'LL JUST INCLUDE THEM just so you guys shutup. I'LL NEVER GET IT OFF ME, CUZ I DON'T NEED PEOPLE THINKING I CAN'T OWN, WITHOUT THOSE STAGES. but whatever. So shutup about it, and I'll include it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
dub post. sorry smashboards, and SV smasher for my attitude, if majority wants the counterstages I'll include them. It almost serves no point tho, cuz they can be striked just like any other stage.

THE ONLY THING THAT PISSED ME OFF WAS THAT I'M RUNNING EVERYTHING, AND THEN EVERYONE ELSE IS TELLING ME HOW TO RUN MY TOURNEY. If you want it that way, then run your own **** tourney, but LUCKY FOR YOU ALL, I'M A SOFTY. And I don't have time for people to flame me.

Top Bottom