• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Although thats not particularly true you may wanna rephrase it to sound like : If you cant do it at a somewhat consistant rate , its better not attemped during battle:cool:

Man Im cool lol j/k

Anyway should i repost the link to my Short Swd vid again???
Hey Joker. I know this is old, but can you repost that link? The old one don't work.

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
I have a little problem getting the SWD up, it usualy takes 3 tries, but once I've done it I can make SWD-streaks up to 8 in a row (yes, I use it in battles), advice plz.
btw Who is the best SWDer in the world? Joker, Phanna or Wes?

Edit: I didn't forget about Dyna Dash, I just didn't mention her since nobody else did, also don't forget Mimô the SWD dancer(I'm not sure, but I think he only SWDs for the fun of it).
Are any of you from Europe? I want to gain the title of only SWD'er in Europe.
And can someone please tell me how the **** SDM made the huge jump from the top platform of hyrule temple?

Joker

Smash Ace
See this topic isnt like all the others since its not a big deal so there isnt really any need for debate.

So really between us we're all qualified users at a good rate so we can just leave it at that for the most part.

Let us also not forget another good Swd'er
The Swd Queen :) Dyna Dash
I called myself The Swd King a long time ago back when it was mostly just me and Wes being known for major use of it.
Of course i like the nickname, and its still my personal nick name, but when it comes down to it theres no need to try and prove how's "The best Swd'er"

.....................................................................Word.:psycho:

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
A few questions:
Why is it that when I SWD and try to stop with a bomb I sometimes just keep moving, even of stage?
How did SDM move from edge to edge real quick with 1 SWD?
How did SDM do the huge jump in Hyrule temple using a SWDish thing before the animation ended?(Perfect Control 2)

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Whew...I began to main Samus again a week ago and was really spurred to SWD consistently.

Well after two days of solid practicing, I can do it now semi-consistently, I owe it to the advice on how to do it in this guide (Surprisingly, I found the video guides on youtube to be of little to no help at all).

Thanks Aftermath and everyone else who helped contribute.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Why is it that when I SWD and try to stop with a bomb I sometimes just keep moving, even of stage?
If you've actually reached the edge of the stage, I'd imagine your momentum was simply transfered. Normally, dropping a bomb while sliding instantly cancels your momentum. If you slid off the edge then dropped a bomb, I'd expect you to keep moving. Crouching doesn't exactly cancel your momentum, even though it does decrease it. If you crouch before the bomb instead of just dropping a bomb (like downBing with Link and crouching instead of just pulling a bomb) then your momentum wouldn't be completely gone, either. Give a specific example if you want help, it's aweful hard to describe every possible scenario.

How did SDM move from edge to edge real quick with 1 SWD?
What SDM did is called a SuperDoodleManSuperDaughterDashSuperWaveDash I believe. Basically, you are dropping a bomb so you contact the ground earlier than you would if you just hit downB (like dropping a bomb as you rise up through a platform, you land much earlier than normal). Each time Samus contacts an edge (like in the video), you would have to perform another SWD on exactly the correct frame, but going in the opposite direction so you'd make it back to the first ledge. After that my knowledge gets fuzzy, but everything I pretend to know comes "directly" off SDM's Daughter Dashing Guide on this site ;), so credit should go to him, as well as all others credited for their work, on that page.

How did SDM do the huge jump in Hyrule temple using a SWDish thing before the animation ended?(Perfect Control 2)
He performed a Daughter Dash on the edge of the platform, and because momentum is transfered into midair during a SWD or SDDSWD, he was able to cross a vast distance very quickly.

I'd also like to point out that human fingers aren't generally capable of the speed necessary to perform a Daughter Dash, and it would be far more valuable for you as a player to invest your time into learning other useful Samus techniques, like bombjumping, rising grapple, double missile, SWD, etc.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Anyone ever though of ledgehopping a SWD? i did it once while messing around w/ the SWD (just because i like to be able to do almost every tech trick in the game). Seems like a very phanna thing to do...

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Anyone ever though of ledgehopping a SWD? i did it once while messing around w/ the SWD (just because i like to be able to do almost every tech trick in the game). Seems like a very phanna thing to do...
Yeah, people bring this up every now and then, it's not especially useful since normally people are somewhat close to the edge when you're on it, and would punish you. However, it's fun to do, and I've especially wanted to try doing it from a wall-jump tech, but have never been motivated enough to try.

Metriod_Prime_Fusion

Smash Rookie
this is a very complex move that not only open up your possibiltyies but u can consecutivly keep doing it and this a perfect ming game for any one who like to stay stationary as thgere strategiy. But the oonly problem i have is the timimg. ant tips??

Revenir

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm new to Samus, just started a few days ago, got sick of cliche Fox. Anyways, I've put hours and hours into SWD'ing but I can only get it maybe 2% of the time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can't tell if I'm doing it too early or if I'm doing it too late. Most of the time it looks like she goes but only a 1/4 of an inch, like a Super Wave Step, and that's not going to impress the ladies. . . I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (the Youtube videos suck) I also don't have AR. . . so ya.

Revenir

Smash Rookie
One other thing: Sometimes she goes in the opposite direction that I intended her to. What's with that? Am I hitting the stick so hard that it goes the other direction on its way to the neutral position?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Revenir: Phanna has a video of him SWDing repeatedly, I'd recommend watching that. Although you claim videos stink, if you personally have zero clue as to when you need to flick the stick, watching a video might help you with the timing. You're basically pushing one direction any time after droping the bomb, then the opposite direction AS SOON as you hit the ground. I can say personally that it looks like you're flicking the stick slightly after surface contact. Maybe you might want to try training mode, full speed, zoomed in on your character so you can see exactly when Samus hits the ground.

You are probably SWDing late. Any small input from a sensative joystick could register, and when you attempt to do the first input for the SWD, you might actually be doing the second without realizing. I'm not exactly a pro so don't expect golden answers, however there is a shortage of professional level Samus players so I'm trying my darndest to be helpful.

I really don't think you need to learn SWDing, however. Although it CAN be a useful technique, only the most elite/most diligent smashers can perform it with enough consistancy to make it worth-while. Besides, if you just started playing as Samus, there's plenty of more important things you could be focusing on.

3Years

Smash Lord
not 2 brag but i can swd pretty easily but im still tryin 2 use it durin actual gameplay... some people actually thought i was phanna at the oc3 it was funny lol...

Joker

Smash Ace
Omg Joker Is Actually Re-considering Making His Swd Vid.
The Swd King Since Gs2 Lmao
Just Thought I Might Have Magus Help Me Throw One Together B4 Melee Is Done... :p

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
super wavedash wasn't that hard to learn. all that you need is patience and allot of spare time.

I would have spent 1/2 hour a day for a week and now i can get it nearly every time.

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
i've been trying to learn it recently,
i can do it more consistently but i can't decide whih method to use yet.
I always feel like it would be best to use the hold left/right and then press right/left once you hit ground but it doesn't really seem to be working for me

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
I finaly did the Super Wavedash. I had given up and then when I played my friend I made it. I didn't thought I would be able to do it so I was pretty surprised (As my friend who don't know about the SWD also was) when i made it. I going to try to learn doing this somewhat consistently.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I like to SWD just so I can hear someone yell either in excitement or anger at me. Either case is extremely funny.

I even had someone ask me once if that was Samus' special move... then I showed them the extender... then they said she was broken. :(

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
It's possible for me I've done it once just now. I had to slow the speed quite a bit to get the timing!
Hopefully I can do it at normal speed in a few days. Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Ja

Smash Journeyman
New way to SWD?

I was beating around a CPU Samus as Marth. She bombed, I grabbed her, the bomb fell hit both of us breaking the grab and sending Samus SWD in the direction Marth was facing.

This definitely isn't the most useful way to SWD, but I felt it deserves a mention.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Maybe that wasnt a SWD, since when youre grabbing someone and u get attacked, sometimes the grabbed character gets pushed back, and sometimes a lot, maybe them bomb hit you, or either it worked making samus jump and pushed back due to the grab, but who knows :p not me :s anyways, just felt like i would give out my opinion.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Hmm quick question.

Is this definately availble on PAL? And all versions of PAL? I have the PAL version and after watching the slowed down SWD vid by Lanowen, I can honestly say that Samus doesn't stay in her morph ball that long on my version. She doesn't touch the floor with it, comes out of it instantly. Do I have to hold a button or somethin?

Any help is appriciated.:)

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
"All right, I can Super Speed w/ Samus, now more frequent and random."Sometimes once, twice, and really random(like Luigi) three times in a row!
Makes you think I miraciriously master it or something. Pretty awesome!

VA

Smash Hero
Don't even bother to learn SWD imo. I have it almost perfected and I haven't used it in any tournaments except to show off. I sometimes get the odd SWD to charge shot but that is a rarity. Yes it's a fun little game and yes it's flashy, but I don't believe it to be a viable technique in the slightest.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Forget about flicking anything...

I found an easier way to SWD. I'm sure this isn't new at all but I'll post it anyway.

It's pretty simple actually. Instead of trying to flick with perfect timing, just bomb, hold one direction, then hold the other direction at the right time. Samus will walk a bit after the SWD but it doesn't matter, you get the same distance and you can still smash, grab, shoot etc after the SWD.

It's MUCH easier to pull off, I got 11 SWDs in a row today with this method. If you don't want Samus to walk, just let go of the hold a little early.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
So one time I was playing teams with a Ganondorf, and I swded into his accidental uptilt and exploded. I felt true shame right then.

Top Bottom