• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Treble

Smash Cadet
Wow nevermind for some reason when I was looking at the video, I thought the color change was way slower. It's just easier looking at her drop and hit the floor ;o. Most I can do is 7 in a row.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
A couple weeks from now, I'm going to have an entire weekend to dedicate to Smash. During that time, I'm going to attempt to beat you, Joker.

Although I wish I could get a hold of a camera for then, because if I do manage to beat you I'm going to want to have video proof of it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Is it just me or some parts of the plane on Corneria throw off the timing to SWD?
No, it is always the 42nd frame, but on uneven terrain, especially when it moves like on Corneria, the visual timing of when to do it (ie, Samus in respect to the ground) does change, which is probably what you are referring to.

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
Wow nevermind for some reason when I was looking at the video, I thought the color change was way slower. It's just easier looking at her drop and hit the floor ;o. Most I can do is 7 in a row.
lmao yeah i was thinking that too after i watched Lanowen's videos, but i came up with the same result you did--that it's way to hard to look at the bomb's color :laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
i have a question more specifically for the expert joker, but anyone can answer. i was thinking about samus' swd, and how it is very hard for samus to get up from the edge since she is kinda slow. is it possible that you could do an edgehop->swd and slide half way across the level? mabye as a way to get back into the action if you get hit opposite ways, or just as a mindgame.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
edgehop -> mine -> SWD is possible, but mining on the ledge is typically a bad idea on recoveries because most smash moves go through mines. So if you mined and still were lucky enough to hit the ground afterward, either your opponent sucks, or you got really lucky. I mean, even lvl 9's will smash you if you try to mine... it's just not worth is, keep it to a WD..

Joker

Smash Ace
Well for starters, although she uses the ball mode to begin the SWD, by the time she starts moving in the SWD, shes already in a normal standing position.

If you look at her games using the "power boost" it consist of her in "ball mode" the whole time.

Kinda defeats calling it the power boost with such a big difference.:ohwell:

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
When i try to do the SWD, it seems like I hit the ground too early, do I need to short hop or anything before I lay the bomb?

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh:
No silly...:laugh:
If you wanna SWD, i gave a nice long post back on page either 5 or 6 , you'd know it once you see it, it explains almost everything, also some controller stuff.

Heres what the Swd looks like if you havent seen it just yet.
This is a vid of me doing it
http://files.filefront.com/TJDs_Joker_Swd_Kingwmv/;4768988;;/fileinfo.html

theres also other references through out the last couple pages.

I dont know why but , i did that vid ages ago, and i still watch from time to time :psycho:

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
So I've been practicing the SWD again last weekend and it was awesome. At one point my friend and I decided to have a match where we'd actually fight but I'd see how many times I could SWD and he'd see how many times he could Kirbycide me. He got me all four times, but before the end of the match I managed to pull off sixteen SWDs (Although one didn't go very far at all and one went right into Kirby's B. >_>). However, in matches we actually fought in, I'd only try to SWD about half the time; depends on how many openings I get (In other words, any point where my opponent was a fair distance away.).

I think I SWD more than Joker does in battle. XD

So far, my favorite thing to do is SWD to D-Smash. I don't know why, it's just cool to fly to one side of the screen to smack my friend towards the other (Also, once I hit with both hits of her D-Smash; didn't even know it was possible. o_o). I tried SWD to F-Smash on numerous occasions, but often it'd stop my SWD instantly just out of range on the opponent. Then, possibly the most anti-climactic thing I've ever done was SWD to jab. I had just hit a Peach with the D-Smash, then used a SWD to catch up to her; I intended to use the F-Smash, but, by accident, all I did was jab. It was hilarious.

I know I've got a couple vids of my ****ty fighting/awseome SWDing Samus on my friend's computer (Although the quality sucks. All the SWDing makes up for it, though. =P). If you wanted to see them sometime, I wouldn't mind putting 'em up.

Ridley's_Bane1988

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot, very useful little guide. Although I can't perform the move with any consistency, as of yet, I have done it a couple of times.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
So I've been practicing the SWD again last weekend and it was awesome. At one point my friend and I decided to have a match where we'd actually fight but I'd see how many times I could SWD and he'd see how many times he could Kirbycide me. He got me all four times, but before the end of the match I managed to pull off sixteen SWDs (Although one didn't go very far at all and one went right into Kirby's B. >_>). However, in matches we actually fought in, I'd only try to SWD about half the time; depends on how many openings I get (In other words, any point where my opponent was a fair distance away.).

I think I SWD more than Joker does in battle. XD

So far, my favorite thing to do is SWD to D-Smash. I don't know why, it's just cool to fly to one side of the screen to smack my friend towards the other (Also, once I hit with both hits of her D-Smash; didn't even know it was possible. o_o). I tried SWD to F-Smash on numerous occasions, but often it'd stop my SWD instantly just out of range on the opponent. Then, possibly the most anti-climactic thing I've ever done was SWD to jab. I had just hit a Peach with the D-Smash, then used a SWD to catch up to her; I intended to use the F-Smash, but, by accident, all I did was jab. It was hilarious.

I know I've got a couple vids of my ****ty fighting/awseome SWDing Samus on my friend's computer (Although the quality sucks. All the SWDing makes up for it, though. =P). If you wanted to see them sometime, I wouldn't mind putting 'em up.
i think the most appealing thing about SWD->Dsmash is the fact that your range almost doubles on the smash, plus if done perfectly, you can hit your opponent 3 times! or the super reach hit automatically resembles a hit on an ariel opponent, resulting in low trajectory. the SWD Fsmash should be performed with the c stick for more simplicity, as any imput to do a Fsmash with the a button will stop your momentum. and SWD jab can be lethal when in the hands of an expert ^_^ one time i was in the center of battlefield, and my friend's link is midway between me and the left side of the level at like 70%. i SWD towards him and jab him, then hold slightly left during the lag, allowing samus to continue sliding off the stage. i then preceded to do a nair and hit him with the stronger activation of the move, knocking him too far to recover. now that was brilliance lol. also, i find that if the person is expecting the SWD, you can mess with their mind and do a short SWD on purpose. works great, i highly recommend it!

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
What's great is that I try to SWD whenever I can, so my opponent tends to get really defensive whenever I drop a bomb while I'm fairly far away; sometimes they'll just sit there and shield. All I've got to do is drop a bomb so he puts up his shield, and at that point I've got a second to start running towards him until he realizes I didn't go anywhere. =P
Not really all that useful, but good laughs all around.

I was at a gaming con a couple days ago and there was this guy there that would laugh every time I did a SWD. Something about it looking like Luigi on crack, he says. I'd be in a serious battle and then he'd start cracking up because I would SWD across the stage. He threw me off every time.

I absolutely love performing a SWD on Yoshi's Story. If you're on the ground level and you do one backwards, it's an instant edge-guard. Sure, you could just WD backwards a couple times, but a SWD just looks so much cooler. =D

Kern Assi

Smash Rookie
nee help plsss

Okay,

First sorry for my bad english iam a German guy.
It really piss me off that allways you speak about frames and I dont know what it is so plsssss
can some one explain me what it is if some one is german pls in german but i hope I will understand it in english too !

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Okay,

First sorry for my bad english iam a German guy.
It really piss me off that allways you speak about frames and I dont know what it is so plsssss
can some one explain me what it is if some one is german pls in german but i hope I will understand it in english too !
A frame is a piece of a second. There are exactly 60 frames in one second, so 1 frame = 1/60 of a second. When we say 42 frames, we mean about 3/4 of a second. (42 frames is about the timing for a SWD)

Kern Assi

Smash Rookie
oh man so u mean that i have to switch teh controlstick from right to left in 1/60 second ?! WTF ! its crazy can u explain teh swd actuly in picturses or a movie because when i try to do that i allways push it left right without timing and its luck if it happens PLSS

PS thx for reply

FRuMMaGe

Smash Cadet
when your against noobs its quite fun to beam them from one side of FD and just when they are about to get back on you SWD all the way to their edge and zoink them :laugh:

EDIT: zoink is the word me and my friends use for meteor smash, i forgot other people dont know that :p. Aaah the fun of inflicting zoinkage

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
It's not too hard to control, you've just got to be aware of where you are and how long you have to react. If you want to stop instantly, any B move or a F-Smash without the C-Stick will do the trick. If you want to gradually slow down, you can start walking in the opposite direction, crouch, or jump.

Joker

Smash Ace
It's not too hard to control, you've just got to be aware of where you are and how long you have to react. If you want to stop instantly, any B move or a F-Smash without the C-Stick will do the trick. If you want to gradually slow down, you can start walking in the opposite direction, crouch, or jump.
Umm to correct that...if you want to stop "instantly" as far as the "B" moves go , the neutral- B actually doesnt stop Samus, for example , charge a shot and SWD on FD , face left persay, at about half the distance of the board, if you then swd and shoot the beam, samus can continue moving foward, and go off the board as well. and just doing this on a board period and shooting wont "stop" samus.

As far as the C-Stick goes...that also doesnt "stop" samus, it'll stop her maybe if she goes to the edge of a board while doing this, but other than that, it wont stop her. She'll just continue sliding while in her smash attack stance.

the gradually slow down portion of the post is for the most part correct, although walking in the same direction you're swd-ing in, will slow her down aswell to an extent, and also looks funny cause she starts walking hella fast, it just looks goofy:chuckle:

NB$

Smash Cadet
This helps out for the frame work of the SWD for me so it can continuously work now..... well who cares 'bout that now it doesnt matter...... this points out a great deal of what to do when used properly.....

a good guide for begging samus players.... i.e. n00bs around the smash community

I REAPEAT(even i didn't say it before) I AM NOT ONE OF DA N00BS...

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
SWD is a drug. Every time I manage to pull it off, I feel a rush. True story.

Hard to do consistently, but I don't think I will be SWD'ing all over the stage in a serious match.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I used to be able to do it anywhere from 1-4 times in a match time permitting, but now I'm lucky if I can do it once.

Granted, it's not essential, but when I knock them to the other side of the stage & try to SWD & miss, kind of screws up my strategy.

I can't get the timing anymore, which is strange cuz I was able to a few weeks ago...

Joker

Smash Ace
Know what the problem is? ...
You guys are from Cali.
:ohwell:
Just like the non-swd-ing HugS :chuckle:
Whereas if you where from Philadelphia like me then ....:laugh:

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
how fast could you do the race to the finish SWDing all the way? or the one where you are on the F-zero grand prix? has anybody tried this?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
F Zero Grand Prix can be done in under 25 seconds (at least that's how fast I could do it for Perfect Control 2).

Top Bottom