• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In terms of Smash, I'd say that the Mother series has it pretty good considering it only has three games in the span of 20 years, and two of said games were Japan only. Two characters for a track record like that is more than generous in my opinion.

Anyways, in regards to changed moves, does anyone think that giving DK a projectile for his side B would be good? Idealy it would be a barrel throw, though I guess that may be a bit much, but on the other hand could have the coconut gun from DK64. Its still fairly strange how only one of DK's specials is actually something he's done before.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
starmen are generic. maybe paula or poo. i hate jeff lol

and lol at ssb64 discussion
Paula would most likely end up as a clone character. They could work something with Poo and the Sword of Kings.

And how are Starmen generic? You'll only fight them in three areas, and twice as boss characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma

I don't really like your ideas for Samus very much. The specials are always neutral B, side B, up B, and down B. What you are suggesting for Samus - I think that would complicate the controls. What if the game confuses up-side B with up B or side B? Same with down-side B with down B or side B. It sounds far more complicated than Jigglypuff's rising pound technique where if you mistime it, you end up singing instead of pounding upward. What if you mistime Samus's missiles, you end up doing a Screw Attack or dropping a Bomb instead of shooting Ice Beam or Wave Beam? Also, does Samus really need all those weapons?

The same goes for Mario and Iceballs, Tanooki Tails, and Lumas? Why not give Iceballs to Toad and give Tanooki Tails to Mario for whenever you tap the X or Y button so Mario could fall slowly (although it would look weird if Mario had the tails but no raccoon ears) and add Luma to give a slightly larger hit range to Mario's aerial down move? Anyway, does Mario really need to have Iceballs, Tanooki Tails, and Lumas?
You need to think of all this under the condition that the game is programmed to differentiate the inputs. Obviously, the game would be aware of the differences in the code. Anyway, the inputs aren't ridiculously hard or anything. It's a different take on how you can aim stuff like Link's Boomerang. Just be glad that the Wii Nunchaku (and likely the the next gen controller) has a visible octo-gate. Otherwise, I can see where it'd be a major concern.

Who says the Iceballs can't be given to Toad? If you want a glide ability, there's his cape. As for the Luma, the point of it is to act as a gimp attack like his FLUDD. Anyway, I suppose you could say he doesn't need these. I made up that idea considering that Mario, at least to me, should be the jack of all trades character.

Gonna second this. I'd much rather not have to muck around with Fusion Suit missiles and references to several Mario games.

For the record, I REALLY hate the feint shot idea. It's just plain awful.
How is the feint shot a bad idea?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Anyways, in regards to changed moves, does anyone think that giving DK a projectile for his side B would be good? Idealy it would be a barrel throw, though I guess that may be a bit much, but on the other hand could have the coconut gun from DK64. Its still fairly strange how only one of DK's specials is actually something he's done before.
Considering he still has the ability to move while carrying heavy objects or people, I'd say he's fine without creating barrels. Not missing the Coconut Gun either, to be honest.

Now unless you've got a problem with recursive movesets, I don't think there's a need to change his moves at this point. DK64, Jungle Beat, and Punch-Out have all used some of the Smash moves, and the only things we're truly missing are animal buddies, the Coconut Gun, and my all-time favorite "Go Bananas." Maybe the DKC roll as an actual attack instead of a dodge, but I can live without it (even if it really should've been his dash attack from the beginning).

@Kuma: I don't want to accidentally NOT shoot someone because I pressed B too many times in rapid succession.

Not only that, but who'd get thrown off by Samus pretending to shoot? Her animation's too quick for most people to care about, and without the giant white circle of energy most people probably won't even notice anything happened. On top of that, you end up doing nothing instead of throwing out something that COULD hit your opponent.

The whole thing makes as much sense as intentionally failing missile canceling. Who'd want that? I know I don't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: I don't want to accidentally NOT shoot someone because I pressed B too many times in rapid succession.

Not only that, but who'd get thrown off by Samus pretending to shoot? Her animation's too quick for most people to care about, and without the giant white circle of energy most people probably won't even notice anything happened. On top of that, you end up doing nothing instead of throwing out something that COULD hit your opponent.

The whole thing makes as much sense as intentionally failing missile canceling. Who'd want that? I know I don't.
Why would you be pressing B in rapid succession. None of her moves do that. We're not talking about lasers here.

You'd be surprised who'd get thrown off by a feint like that. Take Falco for example. I know he'll reflect my shot if I shoot. However, if I fake the shot, he'll still reflect by reaction. During the time the reflector is reeled back in, I'll shoot while he's completely vulnerable.

Aside from that, if any of Samus' moves were to have IASA frames, Samus could cancel into the feint and have enough time to lead into a free attack if she acts quickly enough.

Please think of this stuff in terms of strategy. Since you seem to worship Sirlin, maybe this will help.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-2-viable-options.html

In the scenario just described, we had Yomi layer 2 where Samus countered Falco's counter.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Why would you be pressing B in rapid succession. None of her moves do that. We're not talking about lasers here.
If I'm playing online or trying to spam a few uncharged shots, I'll go nuts on the B button to make sure I shoot as fast as possible. Most players who aren't used to the timing have a tendency to do that even offline with fully charged shots.

At any rate, the concept of having the same button+direction being "shooting" and "pretend shooting" is pretty terrible. I couldn't imagine trying to pick up Samus for the first time with that in effect, especially if she was my first character.

You'd be surprised who'd get thrown off by a feint like that. Take Falco for example. I know he'll reflect my shot if I shoot. However, if I fake the shot, he'll still reflect by reaction. During the time the reflector is reeled back in, I'll shoot while he's completely vulnerable.

Aside from that, if any of Samus' moves were to have IASA frames, Samus could cancel into the feint and have enough time to lead into a free attack if she acts quickly enough.
Very, very few people think to react specifically to the rather quick animation of Samus herself leaning back (since you need to have the reflexes for it and have practiced against Samus enough to recognize it).

People reflect (or shield/counter/whatever) when they either A) predict that you're going to do it BEFORE it happens, or B) have enough time to react to it AFTER it's in action. Predictions come from assuming "this is when she typically likes to shoot." Reactions come from "there is a big ball of uh-oh on the screen."

You're making the mistake of assuming people will react even if there's no charge shot on the screen.

I mentioned failing at missile canceling. I can only assume that you don't play as Samus, because if you did you'd realize it's pretty much the exact same thing. And then you'd realize how terrible of an idea the feint shot is.

If you fail to cancel a missile, you do the animation but no missile comes out (sounds familiar). Your opponent will not respond to this animation. They either assumed a missile was coming BEFORE you "shoot" (because they know you like to shoot a missile before you land) and have already defended against it, or they see there are no missiles AFTER you "shoot" and do anything except defend (since there's nothing to defend against).

At any rate, you haven't actually done anything. You've made no attack and your opponent doesn't notice your "feint." You might as well have just landed normally without having pressed any buttons.

Please think of this stuff in terms of strategy. Since you seem to worship Sirlin, maybe this will help.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-2-viable-options.html

In the scenario just described, we had Yomi layer 2 where Samus countered Falco's counter.
This isn't a counter because it doesn't do anything. You can achieve the same effect by standing still.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
In terms of Smash, I'd say that the Mother series has it pretty good considering it only has three games in the span of 20 years, and two of said games were Japan only. Two characters for a track record like that is more than generous in my opinion.
Consider yourself a lucky man that when I saw this post, it was 2AM and I was still packing :laugh:

But really, If we're discussing what needs supporting characters, especially in terms of advertisement (which is what you and arc love) almost nobody strikes me as that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i think every character should have an alt. costume, along with alt. colors.

ill star from the top!

Mario/Dr. mario
Peach/Strikers gear
Luigi/mr. L.... i think thats his name.
bowser/wedding bowser OR wart.

Donkey kong/dk jr.
diddy/dixie OR kiddie kong

yoshi/boshi

link/the blue and gold link to the past armor
zelda/hooded zelda
sheik/impa?
toon link/ ww begining clothing
ganondorf/Oot ganomdorf

samus/ dark samus
zss/...dark zss?

kirby/dark kirby OR waddle doo
metaknight/ one of his minions
ddd/ the boss w/ the hammer

pikachu/raichu
jigglypuffy/ clefairy OR igglybuff
lucario/ lucario w/ the cape and hat
pt/ pt female with all shiny pokemon.

fox/ bill
falco/ leon
wolf/ panther

olimar/luie

sonic/shadow

I don't see the need for alt costumes when they don't really fit, like with the Star fox characters, or lucario. Just apply alt costumes to where they are needed, like Mario with Doc

n88

Smash Lord
@Shortie

We don't really need everyone to have alts. Plus, Peach's animations look really stupid and awkward if she's not wearing a dress. Mind you, I don't mind the occasional alt. where appropriate. I'm A-OK with the Doc, Mr. L, Shadow, Boshi, and Louie.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Star Fox can easily have alt costumes if you don't try to be dumb and push them as alt characters. Fox has had many different looks, and Falco has had even more. Wolf's the only hard one to think of, but you could just make him look more akin to his N64 apperance. Actually, the alternate character thing applies to most characters really. Raichu, Dixie Kong, and Waddke Doo just don't work for Pikachu, Diddy, or Kirby. And no, Boshi won't be a alt for the same reason Geno won't get in.

Anyways, it seems like the 5th gen of Pokymanz is imminant, so I guess we'll probably be able to fill in that gap of "5th gen rep" soon....or maybe there will just be more debate.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've thought about it, and the two Ice Missles for Samus is indeed too much. Still, I like the idea for her aiming her missles so I guess her and Link, already having similar properties to a degree, would have another shared trait.

I gotta say, I'm starting to become a total strategy ***** when it comes to fighting games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About alternate costumes, I think there should be a limit to this. What I am thinking of is:

- no alternate costumes that are based on other characters (Paula shouldn't be Ness's costume; Dixie Kong shouldn't be Diddy Kong's costume; Boshi shouldn't be Yoshi's costume, especially when we already have a dark blue palette swap)

- no alternate costumes if they are just giving or removing one or two articles of clothes (don't give Fox a pair of sunglasses and call it an alternate costume based on James McCloud - the same goes for Boshi)

- no alternate costumes that require different movesets or stats (Dr. Mario was very different from Mario in Melee in terms of stats, if Dr. Mario have to come back as an alternate costume, he shouldn't have different stats)

- no alternate costumes that were only in one game or give them different identites (Wario's alternate costume worked because he is called Wario in both costumes, both costumes are recurring in their respective Wario subseries so both costumes define Wario as a whole character - Mr. L was in only one game and it doesn't define Luigi as a whole character so there is really no point in having Mr. L)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I agree with ya, Arcadenik, all the way up to the last part. Only Wario and his plumber look really fits in to what you're saying there, with the possible exception of Dr. Mario and Sports-Peach. To that end, I think one shot things such as Mr. L are fine, since I don't think the alt costume doesn't need to be fully ingrained to the character's past. In addtion, for characters who really do not have a alt costume to fall back on, then it would be okay to make something up for them, as long as it fit in with the character. (For instance, the Ice Climbers could have a polar bear or penguin suit or something along those lines) Thus I believe that every character could get at least one alt (well maybe not G&W) and I think people would be generally pleased with it.

In short, requirements for alt-costumes should be closer to moves, rather than requirements for characters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind if they use alternate costumes for other characters but it would be weird. It's one thing when you have direct clones like Daisy/Peach and of course Capt. Falcon/Blood Hawk but Diddy and Dixie would be rather weird. I would rather see new characters in general then just palette swap ninjas. I do agree with Pieman0920 that alt costumes should be closer to moves.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't agree with you, Pieman, about making up alternate costumes for characters like Ice Climbers having polar bear or penguin costumes. It almost sounds like giving every playable characters alternate costumes for the sake of having alternate costumes.

I don't think many characters have suitable alternate costumes outside of Peach getting her sports outfit from Mario Super Sluggers and Little Mac getting his pink hoodie in addition to Wario's classic outfit.

As for palette swaps, I have some ideas...

Mario gets white overalls and blue shirt and blue cap (Stanley from Donkey Kong 3 reference) and red overalls and brown hat and red cap (NES Mario reference)

Toad gets pink mushroom hat and red vest (Toadette reference) and brown mushroom hat and purple vest (Toadsworth reference) in addition to the obvious Blue, Yellow, Green, and Purple Toads (Toad Brigade reference).

Peach gets teal and white dress, silver crown, and lighter blonde hair (Rosalina reference) and white and red dress and red hair (NES Peach reference). I think her red palette swap should change from blonde to brunette to refer Pauline from Donkey Kong, though.

Diddy Kong gets white shirt and white hat with red stars (Donkey Kong Jr. reference).

Dixie Kong gets teal shirt and green and purple beret (Tiny Kong reference).

Yoshi gets white and black Yoshis from Yoshi's Story.

Ness gets pink and white shirt and red cap (Paula reference). Lucas gets blue and teal shirt and pink hair (Kumatora reference). See? No need to put them in drag and call it "alternate costumes".

Pikachu gets Gold's yellow and black cap from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Gold reference).

n88

Smash Lord
I don't think many characters have suitable alternate costumes outside of Peach getting her sports outfit
NO. Peach does not look good if she's not wearing a dress. Her animations look awkward and stupid. Evidence. Also, I'd say costumes like Dr. Mario and Mr. L are better picks because they're more wanted.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@ Arcadenik

What exactly is the problem with giving every character a alt costume just for the sake of giving them a alt costume? What exactly is wrong with that? Plenty of other fighters do it without having history to refference, and they work out just fine. If Smash was so limited that it needed to directly refference everything instead of making certain things up, we would have several less characters, since most simply don't have the mvoes, or work better with moddified things.

Also for pallete swaps, you're missing Mario's black and red look from Galaxy. For shame.

@N88, first off, I would think that sports-Peach would have a longer dress than that. Second off, I would also thing that the model would be altered for Smash 4 to account for the fact that there would be a shorter skirt. Brawl's design isn't mean to that after all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
NO. Peach does not look good if she's not wearing a dress. Her animations look awkward and stupid. Evidence. Also, I'd say costumes like Dr. Mario and Mr. L are better picks because they're more wanted.
i was thinking everyone gets an alt. costume, for these reasons:

if a character doesnt fully get in , at least maybe you can be that character as a costume. Ex: Dr. Mario, and Mr. L.

And if a character actually does have a different set if clothing, like blue/gold armor link, or hooded zelda, you could be that costume. I mean maybe they would be earnable or unlockable? Just more things to collect?

And your right, impa and raichu ect, is a little too far.

side note, if daisy was to get in i would hoope they took a more burl approach to her and gave her a more sporty look, with a super mario strikers look. But if she was to be more of a physical fighter and less of a slap and splits kicker like peach then a dress probably woulndnt be a possible alt. costume.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it would just be a better idea to provide the characters with original alt. costumes. It's better than giving reference costumes for some and not for others. You'd have to think of new stuff for characters like Ice Climbers and Game and Watch. I'm still up for alternate characters (stats intact) for select characters.

As for the Peach thing (why does she pop up a lot in regards to aesthetics?), the only thing move wise preventing her from not having a long skirt is her Down Smash A. Zelda functions just fine without a skirt based move. Maybe turning the move into something Lariat-esque might do the trick. Instead of punches, she hits with knife hand attacks (think judo chop).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh yeah, I knew I forgot something. Yeah, it would be nice for Mario to have his black overalls and red shirt and red cap from Super Mario Galaxy (it was also in Super Mario Bros. 3).

Making up palette swaps are understandable - you give characters palette swaps in case more than one player picks the same character. It is stupid to give made-up alternate costumes to characters for the sake of having alternate costumes - especially when such alternate costumes are completely unnecessary or nonexistent. Ice Climbers wear parkas, not fursuits. Why would they wear penguin or polar bear suits? You give characters alternate costumes if they actually wore it more than once in several past games. It is also stupid to give alternate costumes just to compensate for the lack of other characters (no playable Paula? make Ness wear Paula's clothes and pretend you are playing as Paula). Not to mention it wastes the developers' time trying to come up with palette swaps for everyone's alternate costumes when they have hard time coming up with palette swaps for their default costumes, let alone making up moves for some characters.

Making up moves is one thing. Making up costumes is entirely another thing. With making up moves, the character may not have enough moves from their original game(s) so you come up with moves that stay true to the character's history/personality/theme in order to work as a Smash fighter. The character doesn't need special costumes to perform their moves. Once the character makes it to the roster, the character doesn't need anything else other than their moves. The character is recognizable by what they are always wearing from their original game(s). When you start making up costumes or giving other characters' outfits to existing characters, the character becomes unrecognizable -- think of it this way, Grant Danasty is known as that agile pirate from Castlevania III and yet he is a mummy for some reason in Castlevania Judgement. There's nothing recognizable about Grant in the latter game other than the name.

MARIO
Mario - maybe Dr. Mario (oh, all right, the pills can have different stats from the fireballs but the rest of the moveset are the same!)
Luigi - none (at least Dr. Mario had more than one game appearances)
Peach - maybe her most recurring sports outfit (maybe the tanktop-and-shorts one?) or none
Toad - none
Bowser - maybe Dry Bowser with palette swaps based off the palette swaps of Dry Bones in Paper Mario games
Bowser Jr. - none (his original Mario-like blue bandana can be part of his blue palette swap)
Yoshi - none
Wario - his classic Wario Land outfit (same as in Brawl)

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong - none
Diddy Kong - none
Dixie Kong - none
King K. Rool - none

POKEMON
Pokemon Trainer - none
Pikachu - none
Mewtwo - none
Jigglypuff - none
Meowth - none
5th gen Pokemon - none

THIRD PARTY
Sonic - none
Mega Man - none

ZELDA
Link - none
Zelda / Sheik - none
Ganondorf - none
Toon Link - none
Toon Zelda - none
Tingle - none

METROID
Samus / Zero Suit Samus - none
Ridley - none

NES
Pit - none
Ice Climbers - none
Takamaru - none
Little Mac - he could have his pink hoodie from NES and Wii Punch-Out!!

KIRBY
Kirby - none
Meta Knight - none
King Dedede - none

STAR FOX
Fox - none
Falco - none
Wolf - none
Krystal - none

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon - none (his red palette swap already refers Blood Falcon and his white/pink palette swap already refers Jody Summer)
Samurai Goroh - none

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth - none
New Lord - ???

MOTHER
Ness - none
Lucas - none (Lucas's orange palette swap already refers Claus)

OTHER
Olimar - none (Olimar's blue palette swap already refers Louie)
Starfy - none (Starly's bow can be part of Starfy's pink palette swap)

WILD CARD
Mr. Game & Watch - none
R.O.B. - none
Duck Hunt Dog - none

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Rather than having clones, I'd rather see them do something similar to Guilty Gear and introduce mildly cheesy alternative movesets for all the characters using bits and pieces of what already exist in them which may or may not be banned entirely from tournaments depending on the balance.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Can't understand why you guys want alt costumes so bad for every single character. Most of the ideas I've seen tossed around are rather crummy and the ones that "fit" are still unnecessary (including Mr. L and Dry Bowser).

The only ones I'd ever want to see added are a female PT (if they can handle recoloring the Pokemon themselves), Doc, and Pichu. The last two specifically as a callback to Melee.

@Arcadenik: :(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
just an update everyone:

a new pokemon game has been annonced! it is supposed to come out this year in jpn SOO we may know some of the fifth gen pokemon candidates for brawl soon! :D

im excited :d

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Can't understand why you guys want alt costumes so bad for every single character. Most of the ideas I've seen tossed around are rather crummy and the ones that "fit" are still unnecessary (including Mr. L and Dry Bowser).

The only ones I'd ever want to see added are a female PT (if they can handle recoloring the Pokemon themselves), Doc, and Pichu. The last two specifically as a callback to Melee.

@Arcadenik: :(
Hence, I prefer the Guilty Gear way of not bothering to make any new art and instead just offering drastically changed characters that use the same artwork and animations scrambled around to do ridiculous stuff.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I knew I forgot something. Yeah, it would be nice for Mario to have his black overalls and red shirt and red cap from Super Mario Galaxy (it was also in Super Mario Bros. 3).

Making up palette swaps are understandable - you give characters palette swaps in case more than one player picks the same character. It is stupid to give made-up alternate costumes to characters for the sake of having alternate costumes - especially when such alternate costumes are completely unnecessary or nonexistent. Ice Climbers wear parkas, not fursuits. Why would they wear penguin or polar bear suits? You give characters alternate costumes if they actually wore it more than once in several past games. It is also stupid to give alternate costumes just to compensate for the lack of other characters (no playable Paula? make Ness wear Paula's clothes and pretend you are playing as Paula). Not to mention it wastes the developers' time trying to come up with palette swaps for everyone's alternate costumes when they have hard time coming up with palette swaps for their default costumes, let alone making up moves for some characters.

Making up moves is one thing. Making up costumes is entirely another thing. With making up moves, the character may not have enough moves from their original game(s) so you come up with moves that stay true to the character's history/personality/theme in order to work as a Smash fighter. The character doesn't need special costumes to perform their moves. Once the character makes it to the roster, the character doesn't need anything else other than their moves. The character is recognizable by what they are always wearing from their original game(s). When you start making up costumes or giving other characters' outfits to existing characters, the character becomes unrecognizable -- think of it this way, Grant Danasty is known as that agile pirate from Castlevania III and yet he is a mummy for some reason in Castlevania Judgement. There's nothing recognizable about Grant in the latter game other than the name.
The point of a alt costume is essentially just something there for fun as well as giving the player a bit more opinions in how they want to represent themself and their character. No one's going to be shocked or offended if a certain character isn't wearing what they normally are, since they always have the opition of the original costume. Yes its unnecesary, but so are the music options, and any amount of color choices beyond 4. Its just something to add some personalization to the mix, and its worked out just fine for several other games.

I'm also not saying that the alt costume should be all compensation for other characters, though I do feel refferences to them would be fine as long as the character is still reffered to as themself. (For instance, DK in Funky's clothes could work, or Bowser Jr. dressed up as one of the Koopalings, but when the match is over, the announcer is still saying Donkey Kong or Bowser Jr.'s name.)

Also what I'm suggesting isn't like Grant's situation at all, since in that game, you could only choose to play as that form of Grant, and couldn't go back to what he originally was. With the alt costumes, that's not the case, and if you wanted to play as the character's original/main look, then you could just do that. There's no technical limitation, and its just a bit of extra fun.

And in regards to your list there Arc, I guess you're going by your standards of the alt needing to show up in more than one game, but there are a few things there....

Ridley- He's been Meta-Ridley in multiple games, so that would go by your rules.
Pokemon- Well this is more Pikachu/Jiggs. They already have alt-costumes of a sort, though they are all designated to one color.
Krystal- Wait, which look are you saying she would have? Her newer one or her older one?

Also: :( @ Lucario getting dropped for Mewtwo/Meowth and Ike being dropped out completely.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Found this little interview about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/01_28_10_09_07AM.htm

One of the answers is very interesting.

"Is DLC officially out of the question for the Nintendo Wii? If so, do you find that as a limitation of the platform?

SK: I don't know about "officially," but there are no DLC plans at the moment. The Wii platform has changed a bit recently, so DLC would technically be possible, if certain conditions were met. "

So, that proves that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom wasn't built in mind for DLC either just like Brawl, but that it is possible now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's another update for you guys:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/21/capcom-may-announce-new-versus-game-year/

Apparently, if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sells well enough (how much that is, I don't know), we can expect another Vs. Game to be out in the future. If we're lucky, this could be one step to having Nintendo vs. Capcom happening. Not only that, but it's safe to assume that it would cement Megaman's placement in the SSB4 roster.

So basically, whenever you can, GO BUY THIS GAME! I'm still waiting for the chance for me to play it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The PW DLC rumor is a load of bull if you ask me. It just showed up after those design notes showed up with him in them. He was cut due to technical reasons with his whole "Objection" super idea, and quite frankly, him shouting that out is pretty much the only thing that people even consider when they suggest him, and seem to forget that he's just a lawyer. (And yes, Roll is in the game too, but she's still a robot, so you can make that stuff up for her) Given also the fact that there were no plans for DLC, that's sort of the nail in the coffin for PW being DLC.

And also, DLC being possible for TvC has no bearing for DLC iwth Brawl. One may be possible, but the other one isn't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
The PW DLC is not a rumor. Along with Ingrid, he's a candidate for it.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/25/more-characters-could-be-added-tvc-dlc/

They're just waiting for Nintendo's approval.

You should really be thinking outside the box if you don't have the imagination for a PW moveset. It's stuff like this that's got people saying things like Tom Nook shouldn't be in.
exactly. I can see moves where he uses attacks with other characters(Von Karma, Gumshoe, and Maya namely.)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Tom Nook didn't get in though. >_>

The thing with people's suggestions for PW movesets is that they either all revovle aroudn the whole shouting thing (which didn't work due to languange differences between English and Japaense it seems) and throwing evidence at opponents, which makes even less sense then actually having PW fight.

And it is pretty much a rumor, especially when it concerns which characters. Ingrid and PW are chosen of course because they had design sketches, but for PW that's just it, a design sketch, though for Ingrid its a different story. Also these things never seem to indicate that Muteking and Komugi would also be there, which is another flag as far as I'm concerned, since they have the same deal going on.

In any case, the whole thing is off topic, since this honestly does not apply to Brawl or SSB4. =/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tom Nook didn't get in though. >_>

The thing with people's suggestions for PW movesets is that they either all revovle aroudn the whole shouting thing (which didn't work due to languange differences between English and Japaense it seems) and throwing evidence at opponents, which makes even less sense then actually having PW fight.

And it is pretty much a rumor, especially when it concerns which characters. Ingrid and PW are chosen of course because they had design sketches, but for PW that's just it, a design sketch, though for Ingrid its a different story. Also these things never seem to indicate that Muteking and Komugi would also be there, which is another flag as far as I'm concerned, since they have the same deal going on.

In any case, the whole thing is off topic, since this honestly does not apply to Brawl or SSB4. =/
You don't know why he didn't get in Brawl though. He might be seriously considered for SSB4 for all we know.

I don't see anything wrong with those moves. What do you expect an attorney to do when thrown in a fight. At least Capcom is willing to be creative on movesets, unlike you. Besides, who's to say he can't be a lethal joke character because of his fighting style? As for the word bubbles, it can be fixed by having the hitbox for the attack being a little larger than normal so both versions can fit in.

The whole thing is not a rumor if Capcom themselves are the ones that brought up the whole thing in the first place. The whole thing just means that there were some characters they couldn't get in for whatever reason and now Capcom wants to try releasing them as finished characters via DLC.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The PW DLC is not a rumor. Along with Ingrid, he's a candidate for it.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/25/more-characters-could-be-added-tvc-dlc/

They're just waiting for Nintendo's approval.

You should really be thinking outside the box if you don't have the imagination for a PW moveset. It's stuff like this that's got people saying things like Tom Nook shouldn't be in.
Ingrid and Pheonix were in Capcom's secret files for the game along with other characters. There is no evidence there character will get in. They were not added to Ultimate All-Stars for a reason.

I doubt we'll see Pheonix as they tried to add him in and failed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This is a list of my Yays, Nays, and don't care of characters. First off I like to mention that I believe that Smash Bros should be a Nintendo exclusive series and if they are going to have other characters then they should have a cross over game. I might post a blog about my complete character rooster if they allow it.

Yays :chuckle:

Little Mac: Nintendo's original fighter, shown in smash as a Trophy and has a remade game on the wii.

Krystal: Shown in majority of starfox games and has a huge fan base. Unique fighting style if done with the staff.

Toad: Cause He Gets All The B****es!!! But was the best player in Mario 2 had his own game in Wario Woods, and now in Mario Wii. Come on he has to be in it.

Samurai Ghoro: Captain Falcon's so called rival though another sword swinger.

Issac/Felix: Golden Sun is a good series and they both have quality fighting ability. Not to mention Golden Sun 3 coming out.

Nays :(

Non-Nintendo Characters: No Megaman, Sonic, Metal Gear characters, etc.

Tom Nook: Maybe he has a pick axe but he stayed mostly in the ground and never used his axe as a weapon.

Pheonix Wright: Seriously what is he going to do Object them to death?

Don't Care :ohwell:

Ridley: He would be the most appropriate character in the metroid series but he fits so well as a boss (My favorite in boss battles).

Birdo: I kinda want him/her as a character for the jokes and the egg shot but what else could birdo do?

Waluigi: He would be appropriate as partner for Wario but he really doesn't have much else.

Other things to talk about is Boss Characters and Assist Tropheies. They're are so many possibilities for characters to show up in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom