• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Mac Will be in, like 99.9% sure.
Why do you think he will replace Pit? He has no reason to.
No :
Petey Pirahna, waste of a rep when he has obvious boss potential.
Knuckles, I am willing to bet he will represent other series before he the Sonic series another.
Pac Man, if we get any more third partys, they will be Magaman and Travis touchdown. Two is already to many.
Vaati, spot goes to Tingle.
IMO I don't like it. Unless it is a wishlist, then I don't care.
WTF you have the third partys from Brawl as Starters.

mastromjm

Smash Cadet
While there are certian character choices that I feel I could question you on there Mastromjm, what I really wonder is why you have Lucas, Ike, Diddy, PT, and Pit there as unlockables when they were starter characters in Brawl. What makes even less sense there is the Ice Climbers who were starts in both Melee and Brawl, and Luigi who has been locked in all three games at the begining.

And no, not everyone wants DLC. I for one hate the idea of it, especially if its holding back a character that shouldn't take extra time to make. Unless you have some type of mechanic in there that requires all of the previous fighters to be redone, there's no excuse for ROB being DLC.
I wanted to have Luigi in the basic roster, because he really deserves it. After all, he is the other main character which you get to play as in most Mario games, whereas Peach is mainly playable in spinoffs and Bowser is typically the enemy.
I also wanted to feature all of the major franchises by default, including F-ZERO, which has really gotten the shaft from Nintendo, so the Ice Climbers, who have only been in one game which was for the NES, were made unlockable.
However, I completely understand your argument about Lucas, Ike, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, and Pit. I was trying to have a nearly exact balance between defaults and unlockables, while featuring every major franchise in the default roster, and still keep the characters that were added in Brawl. I felt as though Brawl's roster placed too much emphasis on the newcomers. What I'm trying to say is, Captain Falcon has been in over 5 games around the world, and is unlockable, yet Lucas has only been in one, which hasn't been released in America; this just doesn't make any sense. I thought Melee's roster choices for default vs. unlockable were good. Diddy and Pit would be easy to unlock, Ike and PT a bit harder, and Lucas probably among the hardest. Of course though, Lucas would have a new moveset. I also wanted to feature Sonic and Snake because...honestly...I have no idea why. I made this roster a long time ago.
I know that some people would not want DLC, I was just saying that generally. I have a whole idea for DLC, but it's just my idea.

Mac Will be in, like 99.9% sure.
Why do you think he will replace Pit? He has no reason to.
No :
Petey Pirahna, waste of a rep when he has obvious boss potential.
Knuckles, I am willing to bet he will represent other series before he the Sonic series another.
Pac Man, if we get any more third partys, they will be Magaman and Travis touchdown. Two is already to many.
Vaati, spot goes to Tingle.
IMO I don't like it. Unless it is a wishlist, then I don't care.
WTF you have the third partys from Brawl as Starters.
Petey does have boss potential. Little Mac would not replace Pit, he would just be taking his spot in the roster unless he has a new game by then. Either would be among the easiest to unlock. Travis Touchdown; much better choice. Did not think of him. What would Tingle do?
It's simply a wishlist.

I totally forgot GENO! He should be in the next game! Scratch Rosalina, bring in Geno!

Petey should stay a boss (or at least would not be playable until after the other Mario characters who deserve it get in)
The third parties should not be over represented and Pac-man would not get in over Megaman.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Tingle could do aplenty.
He's got maps, rupees, ...and balloons!
But yeah, Petey has loads of boss potential...seeing as he was a boss in subspace emissary...
And I dont see why we cant live in a world where Pit and Little Mac can live in the same game without battling for a roster spot!
Theres plenty of droppable options that are less important than Pit an Little Mac!
(Oh, and I want Giga Mac as a final smash!)

But yeah...Geno is like my #1 want for the next game. And please dont ask for more third party characters than we already have D: Isnt sonic and Snake enough? Keep knuckles out! He's a silly...Echidna thing anyway.

mastromjm

Smash Cadet
He could be a boss and then a playable character...is this possible?
Hmm...yes Tingle could do plenty. I just think that Vaati is a better fit. He is a good villain. Though it would be good to have another joke character.
Pit would still be on the roster!
I think it would be nice to have more third-party characters. As long as it's not someone like Gubble.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I wanted to have Luigi in the basic roster, because he really deserves it. After all, he is the other main character which you get to play as in most Mario games, whereas Peach is mainly playable in spinoffs and Bowser is typically the enemy.
I also wanted to feature all of the major franchises by default, including F-ZERO, which has really gotten the shaft from Nintendo, so the Ice Climbers, who have only been in one game which was for the NES, were made unlockable.
However, I completely understand your argument about Lucas, Ike, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, and Pit. I was trying to have a nearly exact balance between defaults and unlockables, while featuring every major franchise in the default roster, and still keep the characters that were added in Brawl. I felt as though Brawl's roster placed too much emphasis on the newcomers. What I'm trying to say is, Captain Falcon has been in over 5 games around the world, and is unlockable, yet Lucas has only been in one, which hasn't been released in America; this just doesn't make any sense. I thought Melee's roster choices for default vs. unlockable were good. Diddy and Pit would be easy to unlock, Ike and PT a bit harder, and Lucas probably among the hardest. Of course though, Lucas would have a new moveset. I also wanted to feature Sonic and Snake because...honestly...I have no idea why. I made this roster a long time ago.
I know that some people would not want DLC, I was just saying that generally. I have a whole idea for DLC, but it's just my idea.
Luigi doesn't have any disrespect form being a unlockable does he? He's playable already, so what's this hooplah about deserving? He's been locked in all three games, and like Jiggs, that's pretty much become a tradition. (And heck, you've got Jiggs still locked there, which seems really weird)

And really now, the status of being locked or unlocked doesn't reflect on the series itself. If them having one game even mattered, then they would have been locked for the last two games anyways, and Ness would have been a starter instead of Lucas. In the end though, who is locked and who is unlocked is not a status thing at all, and you shouldn't treat it as such. Also I must note that it seems fairly odd that you're saying that Brawl focused too much on newcomers in its starting roster, but have Plusle & Minun/K.Rool as starters but had PT and Diddy as locked.

The problem with DLC is that while on paper it seems like it will be a good thing, in practice it rarely is, and usually does have questionable things associated with it. While I like Nintendo, I wouldn't really put it past them to lock content already on the disk and then charge people for it.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
He could be a boss and then a playable character...is this possible?
Hmm...yes Tingle could do plenty. I just think that Vaati is a better fit. He is a good villain. Though it would be good to have another joke character.
Pit would still be on the roster!
I think it would be nice to have more third-party characters. As long as it's not someone like Gubble.

Yes, it is plenty possible; see Ridley. Petey really isn't worth it though.
Tingle is a character that has three of his own games worldwide.
Good.....there's no reason to take Pit out.
Suda 51 has shown interest in adding Travis, as has Capcom with Megaman.
Not to mention he is very popular and will score high on the next poll.
(Assuming there will be one.)
This said, there's already two characters in line for the spot.
Unless we get 3, we won't get anyone else.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Question: What would Slime/Chocobo's victory theme be? :laugh: I'm just thinking the FF Victory theme.

I doubt it's to only put in what's playable. Adding stuff from other Konami and Sega games would mean more royalty fees to pay for. Not only that, but adding extra copyrights just messes things up.
...Dangit. That screws out all hopes of KH And Chrono Trigger soundtracks at least joining on that stage list. Oh well; Still a lot to come out of a stage from FF Music.

Totally agreeing with Toise on SE, Chocobo/Slime/Slime on Chocobo
stop giggling
is the way to go for a SE rep. I realize I've railed against generic characters in the past, but the thing is that it's hard to find things that aren't generic in a series like FF which constantly reboots itself and they're practically icons, plus they aren't generic from their spinoff games. Always found them underestimated.

Also, that music list needs more Dancing Mad and Decisive Battle Medley. Mostly Dancing Mad. :V And Terra's Theme, Battle To The Death, Figaro Brothers, Aria de Mezzo Carattere...
[/FF6 fanboyism]
I'll add dancing mad in there and make one specifically made off of FF...Tho I'm afraid I'd include too many final boss songs in there.

I would honestly prefer Slime over Chocobo, so having both there is a good compromise (it is SquareENIX after all. Everyone always forgets about that.)
Oh, yeah. That makes an even better reason to have the two team up in that case. It'd also bring in more music possibilities and whatnot for the stage, and both series are rather popular in japan.

I can't believe nobody has thought of this as a new stage....

The Desk from SSB. It wouldn't be a very unique stage, or have any special features, but it would be a smash icon. It has the same background as the trophy collection in Melee, and Master Hand can be seen carrying character dolls in the background. Nothing other than a flat ground and two platforms, being a box and a pencil holder.
If we're to get any third smash stage, I'd want the Metal Mario stage to return, but at least the music from it.

And I've thought about it before :V Also what's your opinion on a square enix rep?

Siobud

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSiobud
3DS FC
4570-8483-8206
I've got some more character ideas and some assist trophy ideas too.

Now at first i was sceptical about 3rd partiy chars in ssbb but if just one more came in i guess it couldn't hurt! Now probably everyone has already done him but...

Mega Man:
B- Obviosly a shot from his canon. And like samus you can charge up the shot, but unlike samus you can multishot like fox.
Side B- i actually can't think of one at the moment.
Down B- Changes what he shoots. So instead he would shoot a soccer ball like in marvel vs capcom.
Final Smash-Gets in his bird plane and he can fly and shoot like Yoshis final smash

Mii:
The differences between the weight classes in miis will only change the knock back of the smash moves.
B: Going Bowling- Throws a bowling ball. The longer your hold b the more the mii wides back to throw. Ethier that. or Frisbee: The mii throws a frisbee and if it hits some one they get hurt but they keep it in there hands. Then a dog comes out tackles the person and takes the frisbee back. The dog can be stoped and hit in the middle of this happening. Poor dog.
Side B: Sword Play- Takes out a sword (colour of sword depends on the colour of your mii) and gets ready to slash like ike's side b. Can be charged.
Down B: Can't think of one.
Up B: Swiss army remote- The mii takes out a wii mote and a grappling hook shoots out. This can be used as a tether recovery and a attack.
All smash moves for your mii are costamizable. That means you can chose any real chars move to be on that smash. So you can have say, bowsers side smash and kirbys up smash and so on and so on.

Animal Crosser:
The choice between a boy or girl is chosen when you chose you colour/costume for you char.
B: Sligshot: Shoots off his/her slingshot. Like Pit's b you can turn around with it or point upward.
Side B: Gone Fishing- Casts his/her rod straight ahead and if it hits some one he/she will real the char in. When they come to the animal crosser the person is stuned. If timed right this could be used as a tether recovery.
Up B: Balloon: Takes out a balloon and getally floats upward for a short period of time.
Down B: Pitfall- Quicklly burrys a pitfall seed and if a person steps on it well you know what happens. It wont be as pwerful as the item. It will only last as long as dk's side b.
Side Smash: Takes out a shovel and swings it.
Down Smash: Takes out the shovel and swings in a circle with it.
Up Smash: Swings his rod upwards. Just like his/her side b it can real in a char but it obviously can't be a tether recovery.
Up air: Swings his/her rod like a helicopter.
Down air: jabs his/her shovel downwards. Has meteor mash capabilitys.
Forward air: Jabs shovel forward
Back air: Randomly swings rod backwards. If it directally hits someone then he/she will swing the person forwards on the ground. If this is done off the edge it will throw the char down to there death. Note that this is extreamly hard to do.

Assist Trophys:

Luma: Turns into a warp star. If someone walks into it they are imediatly shot off stage. There is a low change of surviving and a low chance of getting this assist trophy in the first place.
O'Chunks: Walks around hitting people.
Tails: (If sonic is still in the game) Flys around in his ariplane shooting people
Toads: (wishing he would be playable but i highly dout it.) Toads frantically run around hitting people in there way.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Mii:
The differences between the weight classes in miis will only change the knock back of the smash moves.
B: Going Bowling- Throws a bowling ball. The longer your hold b the more the mii wides back to throw. Ethier that. or Frisbee: The mii throws a frisbee and if it hits some one they get hurt but they keep it in there hands. Then a dog comes out tackles the person and takes the frisbee back. The dog can be stoped and hit in the middle of this happening. Poor dog.
Side B: Sword Play- Takes out a sword (colour of sword depends on the colour of your mii) and gets ready to slash like ike's side b. Can be charged.
Down B: Can't think of one.
Up B: Swiss army remote- The mii takes out a wii mote and a grappling hook shoots out. This can be used as a tether recovery and a attack.
All smash moves for your mii are costamizable. That means you can chose any real chars move to be on that smash. So you can have say, bowsers side smash and kirbys up smash and so on and so on.

Animal Crosser:
The choice between a boy or girl is chosen when you chose you colour/costume for you char.
B: Sligshot: Shoots off his/her slingshot. Like Pit's b you can turn around with it or point upward.
Side B: Gone Fishing- Casts his/her rod straight ahead and if it hits some one he/she will real the char in. When they come to the animal crosser the person is stuned. If timed right this could be used as a tether recovery.
Up B: Balloon: Takes out a balloon and getally floats upward for a short period of time.
Down B: Pitfall- Quicklly burrys a pitfall seed and if a person steps on it well you know what happens. It wont be as pwerful as the item. It will only last as long as dk's side b.
Side Smash: Takes out a shovel and swings it.
Down Smash: Takes out the shovel and swings in a circle with it.
Up Smash: Swings his rod upwards. Just like his/her side b it can real in a char but it obviously can't be a tether recovery.
Up air: Swings his/her rod like a helicopter.
Down air: jabs his/her shovel downwards. Has meteor mash capabilitys.
Forward air: Jabs shovel forward
Back air: Randomly swings rod backwards. If it directally hits someone then he/she will swing the person forwards on the ground. If this is done off the edge it will throw the char down to there death. Note that this is extreamly hard to do.
I think that having both an Animal Crosser and a Mii seems somewhat redundant, but I love the idea!
As for the smash attack customization...I think that would seem a little awkward and would probably throw off balancing. I can see now all of the custom Miis with special sets of smash attacks.
I think that some smash attacks could be thought up, though.
I woul love to kick some butt as my Mii or Animal Crosser!

Siobud

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSiobud
3DS FC
4570-8483-8206
I think that having both an Animal Crosser and a Mii seems somewhat redundant, but I love the idea!
As for the smash attack customization...I think that would seem a little awkward and would probably throw off balancing. I can see now all of the custom Miis with special sets of smash attacks.
I think that some smash attacks could be thought up, though.
I woul love to kick some butt as my Mii or Animal Crosser!
Yah i guess your right about the mii thing. It would throw off balance. And i really have no clue for a final smash for a mii but hey nintendos creative if they do come out with another smash bros. game and they do decide to put miis in it then i think it will turn out alright. As for the animal crosser i forgot to put a final smash for them but i couldn't think of one. If some one can help me think of one that would be cool. Thanks for replying BadAxel!

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
No prob Siobud, as for the Final Smash, a possibility for Mii could be both the airplane from Wii Sports Resort, in which the player gets in and can fly and shoot, or possibly a stampede of bicycle riders which would crush the opponents.

For animal crossing, maybe a Olimar-esque scene where he pulls out a GOLDEN slingshot and shoots down the U.F.O., causing it to crash down in a cool explosion! Afterwards, the wrecked pieces could be used a throw-able items like Samus's suit when she transforms into ZSS.

These are just some of my ideas, but I'm sure others have better ones. (Please share them you greedy idea withholders!)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Remember: Ike's the only pretty boy in THIS game!
I was asking for Hero_Dude's opinion on this but lol @ pic. It's playboy, btw.

Anyways, roster criticizing time!
Really awkward character placement
Why does K. Rool deserve default yet Diddy, who was default in brawl is unlockable now? All the characters from melee that were forced to be unlockable in melee stayed unlockable. This is just altogether really awkward.

DEFAULT: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda/Sheik, Link, Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu,
Plusle and Minun
Removing Pokemon Trainer, an important character, for this? Even I want this and doubt it.
What reason does she have again? And If you say female then no.

Rosalina, Petey Piranha
No; Both unimportant characters to the mario series. Mario doesn't need to shoe-***** in characters just because It's the biggest selling series. Brawl's roster didn't do that.

Maybe...Only plausible rep to join yoshi, but like Toise I see him as AT At best.

Read: Rosalina/Petey. Anyways; If tingle manages to make the cut, after re-looking at his roles on Zelda games, he's almost positive to be under his own series.
Knuckles, Pac-Man
While I support 2 3rd party characters just to see more repped outside of nintendo considering Smash is the most popular fighting game franchise, good advertisement, and there's still many more possibilities...

Knuckles really doesn't deserve it; Why should Sonic/Sega get another character, especially with the fact nintendo would have to pay more? Nonetheless, why should it be knuckles over Tails or someone else from one of Sega's other franchises?

And Pac-Man I just find the idea of meh. I guess It could work, I'm still in more support of a Square Rep (Mainly, the Chocobo/Slime idea) or Travis Touchdown.

Siobud

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSiobud
3DS FC
4570-8483-8206
No prob Siobud, as for the Final Smash, a possibility for Mii could be both the airplane from Wii Sports Resort, in which the player gets in and can fly and shoot, or possibly a stampede of bicycle riders which would crush the opponents.

For animal crossing, maybe a Olimar-esque scene where he pulls out a GOLDEN slingshot and shoots down the U.F.O., causing it to crash down in a cool explosion! Afterwards, the wrecked pieces could be used a throw-able items like Samus's suit when she transforms into ZSS.

These are just some of my ideas, but I'm sure others have better ones. (Please share them you greedy idea withholders!)
I love the bicycle idea it could be like the excite bike at but stronger and with more riders and the ufo idea would be something i would have never thought of! I would take both those ideas in a heart beat! I still want to see others ideas tho if anyone even cares!

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
I think with Kamek's many magic spells (ranging from transformation, attacking, and size changing :D) and broomstick, there could be a legitimate chance of a roster place in my opinion.
I'd like to see it, personally.
Besides, I want a new Yoshi character! >:(

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
SquareENIX? I don't have a clue. lol Sorry...
Based on what I do know, I can say that if Square got a rep, it would probobly be Sora.
But, being the Nintendo geek I am, I have never played a FF game. Only Kingdom Hearts, becouse I liked the idea; with all the Disney characters and all.

But I think I'm safe to say that Square won't get anoter rep in the NEXT game.........
Suda 51 and Capcom have both shown interest in getting a character in Smash.
While Megaman has more fan support than anything.

So, I think the line goes like this:
Megaman
Travis Touchdown
Sora
Pac man ( He is WAAAAAAAY more popular here than in Japan, and he isn't even that popular here.)

@ Above: I would love Kamek, but it won't happen. Yoshi just isn't important enough.
I imagine Kamek on his broom the whole time, hovering eough to make him Ganon's hight. His jumps could be like him doing wheelies on the broom, and his ^ B would essentially be Pit's.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that looks like a good line-up.
I'd like to think that Travis Touchdown, being in an extremely violent M game, would somehow hurt his chances, but I think he can get put in. Because I want my blood-pinata enemies!

The day Pac-Man is a character in Super Smash Bros is the say that the world explodes into little pieces though.
Assist trophy is always a possibility.

(Also, Sora in Smash is a perfect fit in my book. I totally want that.)

Edit: @ Above
I sort of imagined Kamek waddling around and *winces* almost tripping on the cloak when running, only pulling out a broom for up-b and possibly 2nd jump for a second.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
If he where on foot he would be the Kamek from Mario.......to make it more notable, he would be on broom IMO. Plus it would stand for a very unique and likable moveset.

M rated = Solid Snake

pac man isn't THAT far fetched.......he just won't be in the NEXT game.....but lets not get into that........

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
SquareENIX? I don't have a clue. lol Sorry...
Based on what I do know, I can say that if Square got a rep, it would probobly be Sora.
But, being the Nintendo geek I am, I have never played a FF game. Only Kingdom Hearts, becouse I liked the idea; with all the Disney characters and all.
I don't think It'd be sora; Why? Sora's also tied as a technical disney character, and honestly Final Fantasy (And DQ) Are bigger (Tho DQ Should just have slime on chocobo) - You really should play a FF Game; Especially If you liked golden sun.

Anyways; I wouldn't quite say next in line goes to TT Just yet; He's one of the two that have shown interest, but remember, Smash 4 is years from now. We already got two showing interest iin less than 2 years. Faster than melee.

I'd like to think that Travis Touchdown, being in an extremely violent M game, would somehow hurt his chances, but I think he can get put in. Because I want my blood-pinata enemies!
Violent M Game? Hi snake.
The day Pac-Man is a character in Super Smash Bros is the say that the world explodes into little pieces though.
...Why would they pay that much for an AT?

I like sora too but I'd learn a bit more about Square before saying that. However to be fair Square has a lot of characters that could fit well.

kamek discussion
I wouldn't really put it that likely; If It's to get another rep there's no doubt It's him, and the series alone has enough sales (Unsure about fanbase) To warrant a second one, in the end however It's still all sakurai's thinking.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground

For animal crosser, a stampede of townsfolk and characters would be cool, but i like the UFO idea. Mii's could also be a line of random Mii's that line up on the sides and pummel the screen with various sports things...

I was asking for Hero_Dude's opinion on this but lol @ pic. It's playboy, btw.

Anyways, roster criticizing time!

Why does K. Rool deserve default yet Diddy, who was default in brawl is unlockable now? All the characters from melee that were forced to be unlockable in melee stayed unlockable. This is just altogether really awkward.

DEFAULT: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda/Sheik, Link, Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu,
Removing Pokemon Trainer, an important character, for this? Even I want this and doubt it.

What reason does she have again? And If you say female then no.

No; Both unimportant characters to the mario series. Mario doesn't need to shoe-***** in characters just because It's the biggest selling series. Brawl's roster didn't do that.

Maybe...Only plausible rep to join yoshi, but like Toise I see him as AT At best.

Read: Rosalina/Petey. Anyways; If tingle manages to make the cut, after re-looking at his roles on Zelda games, he's almost positive to be under his own series.

While I support 2 3rd party characters just to see more repped outside of nintendo considering Smash is the most popular fighting game franchise, good advertisement, and there's still many more possibilities...

Knuckles really doesn't deserve it; Why should Sonic/Sega get another character, especially with the fact nintendo would have to pay more? Nonetheless, why should it be knuckles over Tails or someone else from one of Sega's other franchises?

And Pac-Man I just find the idea of meh. I guess It could work, I'm still in more support of a Square Rep (Mainly, the Chocobo/Slime idea) or Travis Touchdown.
Serously, a CHOCABO??? Over a sheer clasic like pac man? Wow, just...a chocabo....???

Edit: @ Above
I sort of imagined Kamek waddling around and *winces* almost tripping on the cloak when running, only pulling out a broom for up-b and possibly 2nd jump for a second.
Yay, a Sora supporter!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Serously, a CHOCABO??? Over a sheer clasic like pac man? Wow, just...a chocabo....???
Um, I'm guessing you didn't read the past few pages. The idea is to have Slime riding on a Chocobo considering they're both one of the few reoccuring characters in there specific series with spin-offs as well, and DQ And FF Are pretty close in sales in japan (Along with FF's American popularity) - If you're to have anyone from Final Fantasy represent it It's really either that or the black mage.

Final Fantasy Protaginists from 1-6 - "Why wasn't the other one picked baw"
Cloud - Yeah...He got...A cameo on a nintendo console despite being FF's most popular character?

And + The chocobo ranked 1st on the melee polls in the third-party section...Not bad.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I never said that Kamek was likely; I said I wanted him. While he has more chances than.....say....Young Link returning, I don't think it will happen.

Pacman bombs in Japan......

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Pac man also has moveset potential, so don't bring that up, but Chocobo would be on my list before Pacman.

Edit: You all know Sakurai was considered for Brawl, right?

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
He recently got arms and legs and two playstation games.

P.S Worst box art ever! I would hate for Smash to look like that!
WTF Homer Simpson is on it! *Throws up*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Not going into excessive detail such as knockback, every A move, throws and all of their damage (those could easily be imagined up as generic punches, kicks, slides, and attacks that take advantage of his round body) but here is some basic detail.

Just specials, since those tend to be distinct and trademark on the character.

B - Pellet Throw - Pac-Man throws an exploding pellet at the ground. You can hold B and he winds up his arms like pitching, the longer you hold B he throws more pellets, each one going farther than the last. If you charge only one it will always hit in the same spot, by charging to you the first pellet hits the same spot and the next pellet hits slightly further, then the third charge does the same.

Side B - Pac-Chomp - Pac-Man lunges forward chomping, with iconic "Waka-waka" sounds. He can chomp up to four times, and change the direction of it in 90 degrees. So, you can use the first chomp to go straight forward, then the second to go straight up, the third chomp to continue straight up, and the fourth and final chomp to go straight to the right again. You can use any combination of directions like that. Forward, Forward, Up, Left. Forward, Down, Right, Right. Left, Right, Left, Right. Whatever.

Up B - Grappling-Hook - Taken from the game "Pac-In-Time." You can see what it looks like in action at Screwattack's Video Game Vault entry for it (there aren't any other decent gameplay videos that show it off). http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video-game-screwattack/57503 No, you won't be able to grapple onto enemies recovering and recover with them, but you can grapple onto the edge using a tether recovery, or hit the bottom of the stage and move back and forth to gain enough momentum to jump or swing back onto the main stage. Pac-Man can use it on the ground to drag enemies in the air down to him or to quickly travel from platform to platform. When you launch it up, you only have a limited control by tilting the stick left or right, but it's not exact so be careful.

Down B - Pac-Bounce - Pac-Man does a hip drop and heads towards the ground at an an angle. When Pac-Man hit's the ground, a little shock wave is made that can bounce items and other people up a little bit. When Pac-Man hits the ground and bounces back up again, he can attack like he just jumped, including doing his Down B again. By doing his down B again, the attack is more powerful, the shockwave bigger, and Pac-Man goes faster and farther.

Final Smash - Super Pellet - Pac-Man eats a Super-Pellet. Pac-Man turns into a giant version of the oldschool arcade Pac-Man, and all the enemies turn blue and get the face that the ghosts do when Pac-Man eats a Super Pellet in the arcade game. You move around the same way that his Side B moves around in four straight directions. However, Pac-Man moves automatically, and if off-screen, does not get ringed out. When Pac-Man bites an oppenent, they go flying like hit by Marth's final smash, and when they get ringed out, their eyes fly back to the middle of the screen (or wherever they respawn). When the Final Smash is running out, the other players start flashing white, then back to normal and Pac changes back too. If Pac is outside of the screen, then he get's instantly ringed out. When he turns back to normal in the air, he can't recover or dodge, so he has to fall back on the stage or get ringed out as well. All of this is done to the classic arcade sound effects with the "Waka-Waka" biting of Pac-Man, the sound when Pac-Man eats a ghost when he bites an opponent, the sounds of his opponents moving, etc.

That's a standard special moveset. As I said before, the standard attacks, throws, and smashes fill themselves out.

here is some stuff that I made because I was bored an in a Pac-Man mood.

Symbol: Classic arcade "Pizza" Pac-Man

Kirby Hat: The same hat from Mario Kart GP. Yellow baseball cap with Pac-man eyes

Codec Conversation:
Otacon: Oh my gosh! Snake, you know who that is!?
Snake: You know very well that I don't
Otacon: That's Pac-Man! Back in the 80's, Pac-Man ruled the arcades. His arcade game was arguably more popular than Mario's back then.
Snake: Hungry guy, isn't he?
Otacon: Pac-man's goal is to eat all pellets on the screen while avoiding the Ghosts, his enemies, and when he eats the Super Pellet, he can even eat the ghosts! I'd say he's eaten stranger things that you, Snake.
Snake: Hmm. I doubt that.

Victory Music: Pac-Man level start music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uswzriFIf_k

A logical choice for a stage would probably be maze 1-1 from the aracade in retro graphics, as seen in the video above. Complete with Ghosts that can chase after the winner if he's winning by a landslide or stronger players, and the cherries, pretzels, keys, etc., would appear as items that would do nothing but give you bonuses at the end of a match. However, they should remove some walls to make it easier to knock out. If it was enclosed and huge, that stage would just piss me the hell off and I would never play it. Probably something from Pac-Man World could also make it in here, but less iconic.

I doubt he's going to be in, but no potential?

I was kidding when I said he moves and eats. I'm just saying the pac-man people know and love only eats and moves. he has evolved, but most people don't know and/or domn't like appendicular pac-man. It falls into the same thing as Sonic, who only used classic moves (though it was probably for the sake of simplicity and time over staying to his roots, but meh)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Um, I'm guessing you didn't read the past few pages. The idea is to have Slime riding on a Chocobo considering they're both one of the few reoccuring characters in there specific series with spin-offs as well, and DQ And FF Are pretty close in sales in japan (Along with FF's American popularity) - If you're to have anyone from Final Fantasy represent it It's really either that or the black mage.

Final Fantasy Protaginists from 1-6 - "Why wasn't the other one picked baw"
Cloud - Yeah...He got...A cameo on a nintendo console despite being FF's most popular character?

And + The chocobo ranked 1st on the melee polls in the third-party section...Not bad.
A Slime riding a Chocobo? Now that is a new one, the idea is sheer awesome and something that could be highly creative. It would also be a good way to represent both of Square's most popular game series at once.

The idea kind of reminds me of the Slime Knight from the Dragon Quest series.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
A Slime riding a Chocobo? Now that is a new one, the idea is sheer awesome and something that could be highly creative. It would also be a good way to represent both of Square's most popular game series at once.

The idea kind of reminds me of the Slime Knight from the Dragon Quest series.
Yeah; It's really toise's idea however. Pac-Man also has moveset potential (Remember the sonic arguements?) But the fact he wasn't even put in any of the soul calibur games (AS FAR AS I KNOW) can say something to start with there. I know this is smash but still, he could easily make it into SC As opposed to Smash - There has to be SOMETHING Behind that.

But back to SE, really, how can you deny this for the second new 3rd party slot?:

@Boxart: Get rid of unneeded third-party characters...Also description too.

Also FF Stage music list as promised: edit: Now with more Dragon Quest thanks to Starphoenix! Now with representing 13 games.
One Winged Angel (FF7)
Necron (Possibly Kuja mixed, FF9)
Chocoabo Song (FF All around)
Dancing Mad (FF6)
Battle Theme (FF3 - Didn't have much time to analyze)
Final Fantasy CC EoT Galdes Battle (FF:CC)
FF Tactics Final Battle (FF:T)
FF Tactics Advance map theme (FF:T)
Final Boss (FF8)
Overture - Dragon Quest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDniHIc3Bc
Zoma - Dragon Quest III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMc_vJ6tSg
Monster's In The Dungeon/Tower of Death/Dark World - Dragon Quest V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0igWoouzxA
Fighting Spirit - Dragon Quest VII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKdon2k9No
War Cry/Defeat The Enemy - Dragon Quest VIII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvscVuPXyq8

And victory theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glu5wr5LRm4 - Either remixed or taken from FF9.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So would Kirby take after the slime or Chocobo for his Kirby hat?

I could easily see the top of slime with the eyes and smile fitting on them like a beanie.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah; It's really toise's idea however. Pac-Man also has moveset potential (Remember the sonic arguements?) But the fact he wasn't even put in any of the soul calibur games (AS FAR AS I KNOW) can say something to start with there. I know this is smash but still, he could easily make it into SC As opposed to Smash - There has to be SOMETHING Behind that.

But back to SE, really, how can you deny this for the second new 3rd party slot?:

@Boxart: Get rid of unneeded third-party characters...Also description too.

Also FF Stage music list as promised:
One Winged Angel (FF7)
Necron (Possibly Kuja mixed, FF9)
Chocoabo Song (FF All around)
Dancing Mad (FF6)
Battle Theme (FF3 - Didn't have much time to analyze)
Final Fantasy CC EoT Galdes Battle (FF:CC)
FF Tactics Final Battle (FF:T)
FF Tactics Advance map theme (FF:T)
Final Boss (FF8)

And victory theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glu5wr5LRm4 - Either remixed or taken from FF10.
You really need to add some Dragon Quest tracks in that list. lol

Here let me suggest some tracks:

Overture - Dragon Quest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDniHIc3Bc
Zoma - Dragon Quest III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMc_vJ6tSg
Monster's In The Dungeon/Tower of Death/Dark World - Dragon Quest V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0igWoouzxA
Fighting Spirit - Dragon Quest VII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKdon2k9No
War Cry/Defeat The Enemy - Dragon Quest VIII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvscVuPXyq8

So would Kirby take after the slime or Chocobo for his Kirby hat?

I could easily see the top of slime with the eyes and smile fitting on them like a beanie.
Maybe it would be the Slime's face with a few feathers and a beak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom