• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think most of us expected Shiny Charizard to be in Brawl. I was just surprised that Charizard didn't get a Shiny palette swap like the other two. Maybe it might be added in SSB4.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Kuma:Saw the new group. it's cool, but I'm not going to join. I'd just argue and make it not fun for everyone else. I'll lurk it from time to time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma:Saw the new group. it's cool, but I'm not going to join. I'd just argue and make it not fun for everyone else. I'll lurk it from time to time.
That's okay. Just remember you can come by anytime.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starfy already have palette swaps! Look here. So, including Starfy's default yellow color and Starpy's pink color and the multiplayer colors, Starfy has five colors!

Little Mac also have palette swaps. In addition to his default black tanktop and green shorts and gloves (for the Green Team), he got the following:

- blue gloves, black tanktop, and black/blue shorts for the Blue Team
- black tanktop, black/white shorts, and red gloves
- yellow tanktop, black shorts, red gloves, and brown hair
- yellow tanktop and gloves and red/white shorts for the Red Team - I cannot find a good picture of this costume but it is in one of the videos in the official website, I believe it is in a King Hippo video.
- white shorts and gloves and black tanktop - I don't think this one is in the Wii game but it is definitely in the NES game

Little Mac got six colors already!

Even Tingle got palette swaps of his own, too! Remember Tingle's brothers in The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap? Yeah, he got the Green Team color (himself), Red Team Color (Ankle), Blue Team color (Knuckle), and the white Tingle (David Jr.) If Tingle was added as a newcomer in SSB4, they will likely be Tingle's palette swaps. Tingle got four colors already.

And of course we mustn't forget Toad. His default colors are a red-spotted hat and a blue vest. But he got five other palette swaps and two of them are even playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. So that's six colors for Toad. Toadette (pink hat with white spots and red vest) and Toadsworth (light brown hat with dark brown spots and purple vest) would be cool but not necessary.

I think Peach should have SMB Peach and Rosalina as palette swaps in SSB4. SMB Peach is basically a red-haired Peach wearing a white-and-red dress as opposed to a light pink-and-dark pink dress. Rosalina Peach would be pretty much like Daisy Peach, only with lighter blonde hair and a teal-and-white dress with a silver crown.

Oh, and Black Yoshi and White Yoshi from Yoshi's Story would be so cool!

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
This is off topic but here are some stage ideas and despite the names of the stages these are all new.

Mario
Good Egg Galaxy
Bowser's Castle
Peach's Castle
Luigi Circuit

DK
Kongo Jungle
50 m

Zelda
Hyrule Castle
Hyrule Field

Metroid
Planet Zebes

Yoshi
Yoshi's Island

Kirby
Bubbly Clouds
King Dedede's Castle

Fox
Fortuna
Zoness

Pokemon
Pokemon Coloseum
Cerulean Cave

F-Zero
Fire Field

Mother/Earthbound
Mr. Saturn Valley
Tamuli Village

Ice Climber
Bonus Stage

Kid Icarus
Underworld

Wario Ware
Wario Ware Inc. 2

Game&Watch
Flat Zone 3

Metal Gear Solid
Don't know any lol!

Sonic
Seaside Hills

Animal Crossing
The City

Starfy
Puff Top Palace

Golden Sun
Fuschin Temple

Punch Out
Boxing Ring

Pacman
RetroMaze

Others
Battle Field
Final Destination
Flipnote Studio

The stages that I think will return and these are only brawl stages I don't think any Melee or 64 stages are returning.

Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Bros.
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
New Pork City
Summit
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Castle Siege
Wario Ware,Inc
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone

That's all I can think of...I don't know much about Metal Gear, Metroid, and some others...plz comment!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is not off topic because they are your ideas for SSB4 and this thread is about ideas for SSB4. :)

How come Mario got four and no one else did?

Add in Dark World, Ganon's castle, Geredo desert/fprestress, anything more for Zelda, 2 while Mario gets 4 is not ok (espcially when they have equal stagepools to draw from) Also, DK should have a country stage, like Gangplank Galleon or bramble blast. Golden Sun should have a Lighthouse if it's only getting one stage.

Also, no coreneria?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think there should be a white and black team for SSB4. I was expecting that to happen in Brawl because of almost every character having a black and/or white attire(s).

I say Roy from Melee should come back as an Assist Thropy if he doesn't make it in SSB4. His attack would be the Standard B move that has a high chance of KO'ing you if you're too close.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The reason Mario gets four is because it is the biggest franchise. It has always been that way in all three games.

SSB stages - 9 total
Mario - 2

Donkey Kong - 1
Zelda - 1
Metroid - 1
Yoshi - 1
Kirby - 1
Star Fox - 1
Pokemon - 1

Melee stages - 29 total
Mario - 4

Donkey Kong - 3 (2 new and 1 old)
Yoshi - 3 (2 new and 1 old)
Kirby - 3 (2 new and 1 old)

Smash - 2
Zelda - 2
Metroid - 2
Star Fox - 2
Pokemon - 2
F-Zero - 2
Mother - 2

Ice Climber - 1
Game & Watch - 1

Brawl stages - 41 total
Mario - 6 (5 new and 1 old)

Donkey Kong - 3 (2 new and 1 old)
Zelda - 3 (2 new and 1 old)
Metroid - 3 (2 new and 1 old)
Pokemon - 3 (2 new and 1 old)

Smash - 2
Yoshi - 2 (1 new and 1 old)
Kirby - 2 (1 new and 1 old)
Star Fox - 2 (1 new and 1 old)
F-Zero - 2 (1 new and 1 old)
Mother - 2 (1 new and 1 old)

Ice Climber - 1
Fire Emblem - 1
Game & Watch - 1
Kid Icarus - 1
Wario - 1
Pikmin - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Sonic - 1
Animal Crossing - 1
Pictochat - 1
Electroplankton - 1

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sorry about the double post but I wanted to make a separate post for this long post.

Here are my SSB4 stage ideas. 15 past stages (they are all from Brawl, of course) and 40 new stages for a total of 55 stages!

Smash
1. Battlefield
2. Final Destination

Mario
3. Delfino Plaza (past stage)
4. Mario Circuit 2 (different stage layout and variety among kart drivers besides Shy Guys)
5. World 1 (just like Mushroomy Kingdom but it goes all the way from 1-1 to 1-4 and they all have updated NSMBWii graphics)
6. Good Egg Galaxy
7. Super Mini Mario World (Mario vs. Donkey Kong series)
8. ? (Paper Mario series, personally I want the Audience from The Thousand-Year Door)

Donkey Kong
9. 75m (past stage)
10. Kongo Jungle (different from both SSB and Melee versions but the Barrel Cannon should return)
11. Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country 2)

Zelda
12. Pirate Ship (past stage)
13. ? (Spirit Tracks, maybe a battle on top of a moving train)
14. ? (something from Zelda 2010)
15. Atlas of Hyrule (Zelda series, basically Zelda's answer to Castle Siege, the stage randomly warps the battle through various locations like the rooftops of Kakariko Village, atop the Spectacle Rock on Death Mountain, the hollow logs in the ruins of the Lost Woods, and finally a boat ride through the rushing waters of Lake Hylia, and of course the visuals should be based on Zelda 2010)

Metroid
16. Norfair (past stage)
17. Tourian
18. ? (something from Other M)

Yoshi
19. Yoshi's Island (past stage)
20. Yoshi's Island 2 (maybe based on Yoshi's Story)

Kirby
21. Halberd (past stage)
22. Green Greens (we always have a stage in front of Whispy Woods in each game)
23. Mt. Dedede

Star Fox
24. Lylat Cruise (past stage)
25. ? (we always have a stage on the Great Fox in each game like Sector Z and Corneria)

Pokemon
26. Pokemon Stadium 2 (past stage)
27. Pokemon Stadium 3 (how about dragon, bug, fighting, and ghost types this time?)
28. Lake of Rage (HeartGold & SoulSilver)
29. PokePark (PokePark: Pikachu's Big Adventure)

F-Zero
30. New Port Aero Dive (past stage)
31. Sand Ocean (like Big Blue, only it takes place in a desert)

Mother
32. New Pork City (past stage)
33. ? (Mother 2, maybe Saturn Valley or Magicant)

Ice Climber
34. ? (we climbed the mountain in Melee and reached the summit in Brawl, maybe the battle might take place inside the mountain)

Fire Emblem
35. Castle Siege (past stage)
36. ? (Shadow Dragon, maybe Marth's castle but without the changing stages like Castle Siege)

Game & Watch
37. Flat Zone 3

Kid Icarus
38. Skyworld (past stage)
39. Underworld (vertically scrolling stage like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls in Melee and Brawl)

Wario
40. WarioWare, Inc. (past stage)
41. ? (something from Wario Land series)

Pikmin
42. Distant Planet (past stage)
43. ? (I would like something based on The Distant Spring and Perplexing Pool)

Robot
44. Professor Hector's Lab (a combination of Gyromite and Stack-Up)

Animal Crossing
45. Smashville (past stage)
46. Smash City (City Folk, maybe something similar to Onett)

Punch-Out
47. Boxing Ring

Nazo no Murasamejou
48. Murasame Castle (could be the Edo period version of SSB's Hyrule Castle)

Starfy
49. ? (something from The Legendary Starfy)

Tingle
50. ? (something from Coloring Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love)

Duck Hunt
51. Shooting Range (trees serve as platforms while grass on the ground block the view, flying ducks bring out shooting NES Zappers so don't get caught in the crossfire)

Wii Sports
52. Wuhu Island (could be similar to Delfino Plaza but the stage layouts would be different)

Art Style
53. Pictobits (the Tetris-like stage!)

Sonic
54. Green Hill Zone (it is different from the Brawl one)

Mega Man
55. Dr. Wily's Castle

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The reason Mario gets four is because it is the biggest franchise. It has always been that way in all three games.
SALES: It truthfully determines stages more. :laugh:

But seriously, in short what he said + The fact that mario has all those spin-offs (I.E. Luigi's Mansion, Karting, etc)

Anyways, new topic: Square Enix - Lately I've really wanted a rep from this (See: My roster image) And now I've grown to the conclusion that as long as the rep from SE Is important and music from all over SE's franchises got in (One Winged Angel and Battle VS Necron plz?) I'd be happy.

I just don't really know who (Toise has brought up Slime on Chocobo) especially the fact that the most popular protaginist has only gotten a very small cameo in KH: Chain of Memories.

So I don't really know, and we haven't even seen SE Have interest unlike two other companies, but I still really want someone to rep it (Black Mage, Sora, Chrono, and Geno all randomly come into mind along with others)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone but Geno for SE rep, please. Geno does not deserve the spot at all. Geno will really misrepresent both Square Enix as a company and Mario as a franchise if he was in the roster. Yes, Geno is very popular but he is not very important to both Square Enix and Mario, let alone Nintendo.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Anyone but Geno for SE rep, please. Geno does not deserve the spot at all. Geno will really misrepresent both Square Enix as a company and Mario as a franchise if he was in the roster. Yes, Geno is very popular but he is not very important to both Square Enix and Mario, let alone Nintendo.
lol.

Reminds me of the good old days of the Brawl speculation. I wonder, is R.I.D.L.E.Y. still planning their massive attack on smashboards?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, if they are and if Ridley is still not playable in SSB4, well, that's just a recipe for lulz.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
SMRPG Music still better be licensed; That + CT + FF + KH Music would make awesome for a stage.

Well, if they are and if Ridley is still not playable in SSB4, well, that's just a recipe for lulz.
...That'd be hilarious. This now actually makes me want Ridley unplayable...Am I evil for that? :laugh:

obvious sarcasm of course
Oh yeah; I remember one screenshot from "That day" And had it saved but don't have it anymore. Anyone else have it? :chuckle:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
obvious sarcasm of course
Oh yeah; I remember one screenshot from "That day" And had it saved but don't have it anymore. Anyone else have it? :chuckle:
You mean the one of their private forum that outlined their attack?

That was provided by me, but it was on my old laptop so I don't have it anymore, sorry.

I did it for the lulz
and I was seriously tired of their god **** ****

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You mean the one of their private forum that outlined their attack?

That was provided by me, but it was on my old laptop so I don't have it anymore, sorry.

I did it for the lulz
and I was seriously tired of their god **** ****
No; It was one that had the character discussions filled to the entire pages with tons of threads on ridley (On here) But that was still hilarious. Good times.

...That scares me for how stupid/wild Smash 4 discussion will get. But anyways, back to Square Enix (If anyone has any of said pics I'm talking about you can just drop it in my PM Box)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Anyways, new topic: Square Enix - Lately I've really wanted a rep from this (See: My roster image) And now I've grown to the conclusion that as long as the rep from SE Is important and music from all over SE's franchises got in (One Winged Angel and Battle VS Necron plz?) I'd be happy.

I just don't really know who (Toise has brought up Slime on Chocobo) especially the fact that the most popular protaginist has only gotten a very small cameo in KH: Chain of Memories.

So I don't really know, and we haven't even seen SE Have interest unlike two other companies, but I still really want someone to rep it (Black Mage, Sora, Chrono, and Geno all randomly come into mind along with others)
One thing about Square-Enix I'll mention is that they have a really weird way of deciding who to use for cameos and whatnot (see the FFT remake, Dissidia, Itadaki Street, probably some other stuff). That probably doesn't apply here though since Sakurai gets the final word.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they'll end up going with Chocobo, and I really hope they come up with the Slime idea if they do that. He might not be as cool as some of the main series protagonists, but it's pretty hard to single out any specific lead. Plus he had the most 3rd party votes on the Melee poll, not bad.

You want someone REALLY awesome though, you use this guy:

And then give him dual Master Swords, Galaxia, Falchion, Sword of Seals, Ragnell, the whole shebang. Instant winner.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Who is this? He looks like someone from Hindu mythology. Not that it is a bad thing, he looks awesome but I don't think he would get in anyway.

I would be happy with Chocobo as a SE rep.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
That's Gilgamesh, the only recurring character in the main series (as opposed to a shared name like Cid or a species like Chocobo). Also Sumerian mythology. Anyway he'd make an awesome AT or boss.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh okay. So this guy has been in several FF games? And yet these games are not connected to each other (just like FE)?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Mario
3. Delfino Plaza (past stage)
4. Mario Circuit 2 (different stage layout and variety among kart drivers besides Shy Guys)
5. World 1 (just like Mushroomy Kingdom but it goes all the way from 1-1 to 1-4 and they all have updated NSMBWii graphics)
6. Good Egg Galaxy
7. Super Mini Mario World (Mario vs. Donkey Kong series)
8. ? (Paper Mario series, personally I want the Audience from The Thousand-Year Door)
I personally want past stages from more than just Brawl, but that's just me. In any case, I can't help but think that if you have Delfino Plaza as a past stage, you sort of have to throw in Luigi's Mansion. In any case, I've said multiple times what I think the Mario series stages should look like, but the major thing I think you're missing here is Bowser's Castle. I'd also say Flipside/Flopside should be the Mario series, and that Kingdom III should be the retro-ish stage for Mario. (I really don't think that Mario Kart will get another stage, and I really don't think we'll get a Mario vs. DK stage...at least on the Mario side)

Donkey Kong
9. 75m (past stage)
10. Kongo Jungle (different from both SSB and Melee versions but the Barrel Cannon should return)
11. Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country 2)
This is fine. I think that one of the DK stages (would replace 10 there if I had my say) should be based around the several DK racing games.

Zelda
12. Pirate Ship (past stage)
13. ? (Spirit Tracks, maybe a battle on top of a moving train)
14. ? (something from Zelda 2010)
15. Atlas of Hyrule (Zelda series, basically Zelda's answer to Castle Siege, the stage randomly warps the battle through various locations like the rooftops of Kakariko Village, atop the Spectacle Rock on Death Mountain, the hollow logs in the ruins of the Lost Woods, and finally a boat ride through the rushing waters of Lake Hylia, and of course the visuals should be based on Zelda 2010)
The first two ideas I'm perfectly fine with, though I think that the next Zelda game's stage should be in a dungeon or something like that. I don't think that the Atlas thing will happen, though its possible given that we've never had a stage that was really focused on OoT (That was OoT there, right? I guess it could be other games there, but it just strikes me as OoT)

Metroid
16. Norfair (past stage)
17. Tourian
18. ? (something from Other M)
I'd say a Other M stage, as well as Skytown. That way you have astage from both the Prime games and the non-Prime games.

Yoshi
19. Yoshi's Island (past stage)
20. Yoshi's Island 2 (maybe based on Yoshi's Story)
Its hard to say what the Yoshi series should get, but I've had two ideas. One is based off the Tower Climb stage in Yoshi's Story, and the other is fighting ontop the Yoob from M&L2. (Which had a lot of Yoshi's series refferences due to happening in the past) Of course both are somewhat obscure, so ... :psycho:

Kirby
21. Halberd (past stage)
22. Green Greens (we always have a stage in front of Whispy Woods in each game)
23. Mt. Dedede
Green Greens I'm fine with, but not Mt. Dedede. The problem I see with it is that its a boxing ring and that Punch Out is the series that should get that. As a second Kirby stage, I'd suggest to you to use Milky Way Wishes.

Star Fox
24. Lylat Cruise (past stage)
25. ? (we always have a stage on the Great Fox in each game like Sector Z and Corneria)
Sauria would be a good Star Fox stage. You could also have a stage that uses the new Great Fox from Command.

Pokemon
26. Pokemon Stadium 2 (past stage)
27. Pokemon Stadium 3 (how about dragon, bug, fighting, and ghost types this time?)
28. Lake of Rage (HeartGold & SoulSilver)
29. PokePark (PokePark: Pikachu's Big Adventure)
Lake of Rage is the only thing I can really think of for a Pokemon stage, and you have that in there, so I can't really complain here. I also think it'd be called Pokemon Colosseum instead of being number 3. :p

F-Zero
30. New Port Aero Dive (past stage)
31. Sand Ocean (like Big Blue, only it takes place in a desert)
I'd say Red Canyon would be a better choice than Sand Ocean, since its also a desert stage, but has to do more with Samurai Goroh. Also the new design of Mute City from GX wouldn't be bad in my opinion.

Mother
32. New Pork City (past stage)
33. ? (Mother 2, maybe Saturn Valley or Magicant)
I don't know much about Mother, but Saturn Valley and Tazmily Village seem like good choices.

Ice Climber
34. ? (we climbed the mountain in Melee and reached the summit in Brawl, maybe the battle might take place inside the mountain)
Inside the mountain is what I've been thinking. Make it a retro stage with the game's original graphics.

Fire Emblem
35. Castle Siege (past stage)
36. ? (Shadow Dragon, maybe Marth's castle but without the changing stages like Castle Siege)
I've got two ideas for FE stages, one from a particular battle in SD where you battle on a large tower with a bunch of wyvern riders, and the other inside the Tower of Guidance from RD.

Game & Watch
37. Flat Zone 3

Kid Icarus
38. Skyworld (past stage)
39. Underworld (vertically scrolling stage like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls in Melee and Brawl)
Both series are fine by me.

Wario
40. WarioWare, Inc. (past stage)
41. ? (something from Wario Land series)
There should probably be a stage based on both WW and WL, with the WW stage being Diamond City, and the WL series being the Golden Pyramid. In addition I'd think that there wouldn't be a real need for the past WW stage.

All the other stages I can't comment on much (No GS stage though?) but I'd say that the Punch Out state should be the World Circuit from the new Wii game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
One thing about Square-Enix I'll mention is that they have a really weird way of deciding who to use for cameos and whatnot (see the FFT remake, Dissidia, Itadaki Street, probably some other stuff). That probably doesn't apply here though since Sakurai gets the final word.
It probably still does in a sense: This is still rather interesting info. I also remember that SE Is pretty touchy on there copyrights, but I'm still hoping.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they'll end up going with Chocobo, and I really hope they come up with the Slime idea if they do that. He might not be as cool as some of the main series protagonists, but it's pretty hard to single out any specific lead. Plus he had the most 3rd party votes on the Melee poll, not bad.
I already knew that about the melee poll, but the slime idea is interesting and would please DQ Fans too. In fact, Chocobo just by himself would be awesome (And one of the few that'd sell) for the slot, because If we got any of the protaginists there would be complaining...I can however also see Black Mage working.

Just one thing is needed If Chocobo is playable: This for alternative costume...

You want someone REALLY awesome though, you use this guy:
Black Mage chocobo as shown above with Chrono, Geno, Sora, and Slime riding on...Great, just the abuse of hilarious taunts has me worried.

But as for AT: I wonder what SE Would get as an AT And a Stage. I'm still really hoping the licenses for other Square-Enix games with music will open up, as I already have a few on the top of my head for a stage.

One Winged Angel - FF7 (Final Fantasy)
Battle VS Necron - FF9 (Final Fantasy)
Chocobo Theme - FF2-FF12, Probably a remix (Final Fantasy)
Final Fantasy Tactics Final Boss - FF:T (Final Fantasy)
Opening Theme/Yearnings of Wind (600 AD) - Chrono Trigger (Chrono Trigger)
Chrono Trigger Boss Theme (Chrono Trigger)
Darkness of the Unknown - KH2 (Kingdom Hearts)
13th Dilemma - KH2 (Kingdom Hearts)
Battle Against Smithy 1-2 (SMRPG)
Battle Against an Armed Boss (SMRPG)

...And I'm not really sure on notable songs to rep DQ In there but that's already just a few random ones on the top of my head which already fills up enough for a stage.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pieman, didn't you see my idea for World 1? That would be basically Mushroomy Kingdom, only with 1-3 and 1-4 (that is Bowser's Castle) from the original SMB added to the original 1-1 and 1-2 but all the stages in World 1 have NSMBWii graphics. So it represents both SMB and NSMBWii and we still got Bowser's Castle.

I just don't think WarioWare should have a new stage when the Brawl one works just fine. Those mini-games are in most WarioWare games anyway.

Mt. Dedede had more than just a boxing ring. What if it is the new Luigi's Mansion? You fight inside and outside of the castle and can break down the castle. And then the Waddle Dees appear on the stage and rebuild the castle.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I wouldn't count on stuff from non-FF games if it's Chocobo (or DQ with Slime). The lack of other Konami and Sega stuff in Brawl implies that Sakurai wants to focus only on what's playable. Pretty sure SMRPG doesn't fit under that rule though (since it's still Mario instead of something like Super Monkey Ball or Castlevania or Chrono Trigger).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I wouldn't count on stuff from non-FF games if it's Chocobo (or DQ with Slime). The lack of other Konami and Sega stuff in Brawl implies that Sakurai wants to focus only on what's playable. Pretty sure SMRPG doesn't fit under that rule though (since it's still Mario instead of something like Super Monkey Ball or Castlevania or Chrono Trigger).
Then again; Sonic was rather rushed in and Snake only got in off of Hideo...But It really does imply that. Heck, what else outside of MGS/Sonic was in as Third-Party material?

Well; It's glad to hear that SMRPG May at least get a "Get out of jail free" Card If square is repped...Well at least music-wise; Didn't the person who did the soundtrack worked on brawl's?

Even If it doesn't get any other content, FF Still has some nice songs to fill up a stage. FF6-FF9's Final boss theme's are very noteworthy on that along with the chocobo theme. There's easily more I could think up.

As for DQ: I can't really see a DQ Rep being picked over FF Considering FF's popularity in the US as well...I guess It could still happen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I doubt it's to only put in what's playable. Adding stuff from other Konami and Sega games would mean more royalty fees to pay for. Not only that, but adding extra copyrights just messes things up.

I agree with Toise on Slime/Choco (though i don't want one in if I can help it)

Also, Toise, I don't think the large scary Gilgamesh and the one of Sumerian legends have much in common outside of name :laugh:

Also, i don't think anything outside one stage and music for it should accompany a 3rd party.

EDIT: Regarding the hyrule map stage: Pieman is right, I'm fairly sure those points are all only present simultaneously in Ocarina of Time. (Twilight Princess lacked Lost woods as I recall [Don't hold me to that, one playthrough isn't much for memnory]) though having an OoT stage is a wonderful idea anyway. :chuckle:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Totally agreeing with Toise on SE, Chocobo/Slime/Slime on Chocobo
stop giggling
is the way to go for a SE rep. I realize I've railed against generic characters in the past, but the thing is that it's hard to find things that aren't generic in a series like FF which constantly reboots itself and they're practically icons, plus they aren't generic from their spinoff games. Always found them underestimated.

Also, that music list needs more Dancing Mad and Decisive Battle Medley. Mostly Dancing Mad. :V And Terra's Theme, Battle To The Death, Figaro Brothers, Aria de Mezzo Carattere...
[/FF6 fanboyism]

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I would honestly prefer Slime over Chocobo, so having both there is a good compromise (it is SquareENIX after all. Everyone always forgets about that.)

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe nobody has thought of this as a new stage....

The Desk from SSB. It wouldn't be a very unique stage, or have any special features, but it would be a smash icon. It has the same background as the trophy collection in Melee, and Master Hand can be seen carrying character dolls in the background. Nothing other than a flat ground and two platforms, being a box and a pencil holder.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Pieman, didn't you see my idea for World 1? That would be basically Mushroomy Kingdom, only with 1-3 and 1-4 (that is Bowser's Castle) from the original SMB added to the original 1-1 and 1-2 but all the stages in World 1 have NSMBWii graphics. So it represents both SMB and NSMBWii and we still got Bowser's Castle.
Didn't pick up on that. Thought the first Bowser's Castle was farther on for some reason. In any case, that's really a bit too much, don't you think? If you combined the time it takes for your to get through both parts of Mushroomy Kingdom, then you'd just get started on the new content. If you go faster, then the focus will be too much on running to avoid the edge of the screen. Its just not practicle to put in all four of those worlds, and it would be better to represent NSMBWii with something actually from that game, rather than the graphics (Which are fairly subpar) If anything, just having a Bowser's Castle with influences from the hazards that it will have in NSMBWii will be good enough.

I just don't think WarioWare should have a new stage when the Brawl one works just fine. Those mini-games are in most WarioWare games anyway.
It doesn't make much sense though to just have it in those pig replay places when it could easily be done in Diamond City with a screen in the background. Plus it couldn't hurt to throw in a few more microgames.

Mt. Dedede had more than just a boxing ring. What if it is the new Luigi's Mansion? You fight inside and outside of the castle and can break down the castle. And then the Waddle Dees appear on the stage and rebuild the castle.
The main feature of Castle Dedede is its boxing ring though. Its pretty pointless to just have fighting on and around it without its main feature, and quite frankly there are other series with better castles to fight on or around.

mastromjm

Smash Cadet
My roster has 49 characters, the 50th would be filled by the random box.
DEFAULT: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda/Sheik, Link, Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Plusle and Minun, Lyn, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Krystal, Olimar, Little Mac*, Sonic, Snake
UNLOCKABLE: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Rosalina, Petey Piranha, Diddy Kong, Kamek, Toon Link, Vaati, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Ike, Ridley, Lucas, Samurai Goroh, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit*, Knuckles, Mega Man, Pac-Man

*=If Pit is featured in a new Nintendo game by this time, then he would be switched with Little Mac.
Some notes about my list: I feel as though SSB, like most video games, is in dire need of more female characters. I added Rosalina, Krystal, and Lyn to the roster. I am questioning whether Rosalina should be included, but I have a pretty decent moveset in mind for her. I know R.O.B. is obviously missing from the list, which I somewhat regret, however everyone one of us wants DLC so R.O.B. would probably be among the first DLC characters. Everyone wants Mega Man, including me, and Pac-Man is a video game legend that would be cool to have in a game like this. Captain Falcon and Ness have been in SSB since the first game, and they were default in Melee, so they deserve it now. Characters' alternate costumes may bring about different movesets, such as Mario=Dr. Mario, Luigi=Mr. L, Kirby=Gooey, etc.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
My roster has 49 characters, the 50th would be filled by the random box.
DEFAULT: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda/Sheik, Link, Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Plusle and Minun, Lyn, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Captain Falcon, Fox, Krystal, Olimar, Little Mac*, Sonic, Snake
UNLOCKABLE: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Rosalina, Petey Piranha, Diddy Kong, Kamek, Toon Link, Vaati, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Ike, Ridley, Lucas, Samurai Goroh, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit*, Knuckles, Mega Man, Pac-Man

*=If Pit is featured in a new Nintendo game by this time, then he would be switched with Little Mac.
Some notes about my list: I feel as though SSB, like most video games, is in dire need of more female characters. I added Rosalina, Krystal, and Lyn to the roster. I am questioning whether Rosalina should be included, but I have a pretty decent moveset in mind for her. I know R.O.B. is obviously missing from the list, which I somewhat regret, however everyone one of us wants DLC so R.O.B. would probably be among the first DLC characters. Everyone wants Mega Man, including me, and Pac-Man is a video game legend that would be cool to have in a game like this. Captain Falcon and Ness have been in SSB since the first game, and they were default in Melee, so they deserve it now. Characters' alternate costumes may bring about different movesets, such as Mario=Dr. Mario, Luigi=Mr. L, Kirby=Gooey, etc.

Meowth!
Meowth is one of the most recognizable pokemon due to his presense on the show. Along with that, Meowth is the only character Sakurai wanted in the original Smash that hasnt been a character yet.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While there are certian character choices that I feel I could question you on there Mastromjm, what I really wonder is why you have Lucas, Ike, Diddy, PT, and Pit there as unlockables when they were starter characters in Brawl. What makes even less sense there is the Ice Climbers who were starts in both Melee and Brawl, and Luigi who has been locked in all three games at the begining.

And no, not everyone wants DLC. I for one hate the idea of it, especially if its holding back a character that shouldn't take extra time to make. Unless you have some type of mechanic in there that requires all of the previous fighters to be redone, there's no excuse for ROB being DLC.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
I think that the Wario Ware course could be redone in a much more wacky way, like the actual series.
We need to take the "characters playing microgames and brawl at the same time" concept much further.

I would love motion-based microgames happening at the same time as the fight, but not too many people use their wii-motes to play smash bros, so that sort of throws that out the window...

I think there should be strange prizes other than things like invincibility and large size...like something totally random that wouldnt affect the course of the brawl as much as being wacky and hilarious...
Like possibly it would change the color of your outfit, or stick some wacky clothing item on you...
(Or maybe put a Wario nose and W 'stache on your face)

Also I realized that all of the microgames put you on a flat surface...just a flat one. I dont have any problem with the flat bottom, but maybe if there were some platforms that were part of the microgame, and stage adjustments of that sort. Because I remember the first time I played Wario Ware for the gamecube, I was getting tossed into these random situations for a few seconds, having no idea what to do other than a couple of words like "toss it!" or "get home!"...stuff like that. I want a similar reaction to the map, where the player, at first, sees these situations, maps, things like that and is immediately tossed somewhere that they arent familiar with.

Another idea would be that in the beginning of the fight, the background starts out in the "overworld" city of the WarioWare series, and the camera moves to a certain location, and from there you are given to the inhabitants of the location for the theme of your microgames. Like say, you get the nerdy kid (16-bit, 8-bit...something along those lines) so then all of the microgames are based on old-school nintendo games, (not only would this further the Wario Ware theme, seeing as this is how the game works, but also this could help Nintendo stick even more cameos in their game! :D I love me some cameos!)

Also: I've been tossing around microgame ideas, and I'd love to hear other peoples.
These dont necessarily have to be from the original Wario Ware games because I think the spirit of the series lies less in nostalgia like other games and their maps. This series lies more in just absurd randomness and hilarity.

I think maybe a good idea would be some sort of button-mashing event, where you have to hit A the most. This could be paired with a limitless list of possible scenarios: Each character would have a respective "character" in the background scenario, labeled p1 - p4. There could be turnip pulling, birthday candle-blowing, footrace, things along those lines.

I would like an item-dropping game. (Don't freak out yet, item haters!) In this game, the words would appear, "Grab this!" along with either a straight-up picture or a completely black shadow picture of some random item...an appliance, a vegetable, a space alien, rotten garlic, whatever. But then a few different things fall from the sky, and you have to grab up the one depicted on the screen. Obviously, if you grab the wrong thing you would be hilariously punished. (Personally, I would want a damage flower to pop up on the player's head, but give it the absurd pink Wario nose and W 'stache combo the games are known for).

I've got some more concepts in thought right now, I might either edit them in later or just post them in, but I'd REALLY love to hear others ideas as well (along with peoples thoughts on my ideas!)

(P.S. Geno must be in the next game or I will stab 3 ******* with a titanium spork of doom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom