• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I was well aware, (I remember seeing that game in a store back in 5th grade I think) but its not particularly relivant at this point. Simon Belmont and Megaman were in a cartoon with several Nintendo characters, but its not like that matters now.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Picture please. Its not I don't believe you, but i want to see this pic.

But Megaman is the most likely third party.
To change the subject, I am going to ask what verion of Megaman should get in.
I think classical.

Edit: Cartoon, not pic.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Wario Blast was the name of the game a long time ago for Nintendo.
Bomberman blast is a Wiiware game .

I thought bomberman blast's title came from Wario Blast.
I always imagined Bomberman being playable in brawl. When will Nintendo or HAL labs look at the American smashers?

RANDOM SIDE NOTE #1: if everyone calls TMNT: smash up SSB4, because Brawl developers helped on game arts, then this thread would be called SSB5 general discussion.

RANDOM SIDE NOTE # 2: I think SSB4 would be on wii, because on the wii calender, the year limit is 2035. But really, they probably expect the wii to last long.or if they bring a new system, and you still have the ancient wii, the calender will still help you.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
RANDOM SIDE NOTE #1: if everyone calls TMNT: smash up SSB4, because Brawl developers helped on game arts, then this thread would be called SSB5 general discussion.
Why on earth would they call TMNT Smash Up SSB4? Sure, it was developed by some of the same people, but it has no Nintendo characters, which is what SSB revolves around. It has a similar fighting style, but then again, a lot of different fighters have a lot of similarities.

@Hero Dude: I believe Pieman was talking about Captain N: The Game Master. It was this really old cartoon that pretty much butchered VG characters and then put them all in a television show.

I'll leave the looking up to you.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Wario Blast was a Nintendo title, but bomberman and wario were in it together.
I know about that. I wish Bomberman was in brawl....... I had high hopes for him. He would have came with snake, since Konami owns Hudson soft. I was shocked that snake was in brawl. if SSB4 ever happens, it is imperative that Bomberman gets a third party spot.
Also, Characters should get more techniques. for example, lets shrink olimar, and make the pikmin stronger and stun enemies and attack. some stages should affect characters. on Pokemon stadium, Pokemon stadium 2, and maybe a Pokemon Colosseum, Jigglypuff's sing attack would have great range. on ice stages, fire attacks should destroy the terrain. Shouldn't smash bros be more tactical? I want SSB4 to please everyone!

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Why is Bomberman imperative?
If anyone is, it is LM.

@ RANDOM SIDE NOTE: All of this nonsense about removing characters....Look at how much contreversy was caused by removing three characters. Besides there being no reason to remove anybody, it will once again cause ALOT of contreversy. If sakurai has enough brain cells to know this, nobody will be removed. If you ask me, based on what I know, I would say that nobody was supposed to be removed. Besides pichu, wich would've been replaced with Plusle and Minun. Much like young link. But becouse they WHERE "accidentally" removed, people started complaining. Nobody really liked Mewtwo, until he was gone. I may not have been too clear, but I hope you get my point.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Also, Characters should get more techniques. for example, lets shrink olimar, and make the pikmin stronger and stun enemies and attack. some stages should affect characters. on Pokemon stadium, Pokemon stadium 2, and maybe a Pokemon Colosseum, Jigglypuff's sing attack would have great range. on ice stages, fire attacks should destroy the terrain. Shouldn't smash bros be more tactical? I want SSB4 to please everyone!
Hahahahahahah

Please everyone? :laugh: It'll NEVER happen. It's impossible to please everyone and they shouldn't try, we'd end up with a very cruddy game that way.

I don't want it too tactical and it won't be since Nintendo want casuals to enjoy it.

I'm not sure what you guys mean by imperative but it's not Mac, it's Isaac

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't want it too tactical and it won't be since Nintendo want casuals to enjoy it.
The casuals could care less if it's tactical or not. When you think about it, they would probably want a fast(but not too fast), flashy game with an iconic cast of characters. What they won't touch the competitive community will.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hero Dude, as Clownbot said, I was talking about Captain N. In that show's defence though, most characters didn't really have established personalities or looks at the time, so it wasn't as butchered then as it would be now.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wario Blast was the name of the game a long time ago for Nintendo.
Bomberman blast is a Wiiware game .

I thought bomberman blast's title came from Wario Blast.
I always imagined Bomberman being playable in brawl. When will Nintendo or HAL labs look at the American smashers?

RANDOM SIDE NOTE # 2: I think SSB4 would be on wii, because on the wii calender, the year limit is 2035. But really, they probably expect the wii to last long.or if they bring a new system, and you still have the ancient wii, the calender will still help you.
I wouldn't count on it.

Bomberman would be a smart addition

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what you guys mean by imperative but it's not Mac, it's Isaac
No. As far as now, Little Mac is most likely, and Important.
Also, while I don't doubt Isaac's chances, he isn't so much imperative.
After this new PO game that came out, more will come.
The developers are already talking about ideas, and how much they would love to make another.

I think we mean two differant things when we say imperative.

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Just because a character was an assist trophy in brawl doesn't really mean their chances are raised to be playable in the next release. This is why Isaac is unlikely, unfortunately. The new Punch Out game shows that Nintendo has a personal interest in the character... which is why he will most likely make it in.

As for Bomberman, I'm all for it. Though I'm not seeing his chances.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why is Bomberman imperative?
If anyone is, it is LM.

@ RANDOM SIDE NOTE: All of this nonsense about removing characters....Look at how much contreversy was caused by removing three characters. Besides there being no reason to remove anybody, it will once again cause ALOT of contreversy. If sakurai has enough brain cells to know this, nobody will be removed. If you ask me, based on what I know, I would say that nobody was supposed to be removed. Besides pichu, wich would've been replaced with Plusle and Minun. Much like young link. But becouse they WHERE "accidentally" removed, people started complaining. Nobody really liked Mewtwo, until he was gone. I may not have been too clear, but I hope you get my point.
People will always complain about anything they did not get in Brawl. If it is not about the removed characters, it is about the characters who didn't get in. It is is not about the characters who didn't get in, it is about the lack of wavedashing and L-cancelling. If it is not about the lack of wavedashing and L-cancelling, it is about the poor Wi-Fi connection. And so on. Based on the laundry list of grievances, Brawl must be worse than E.T., Superman 64, and Zelda CD-i combined. :rolleyes:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just because a character was an assist trophy in brawl doesn't really mean their chances are raised to be playable in the next release. This is why Isaac is unlikely, unfortunately. The new Punch Out game shows that Nintendo has a personal interest in the character... which is why he will most likely make it in.
And how did you draw that conclusion?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

As for Bomberman, I'm all for it. Though I'm not seeing his chances.
This is why I really think that Little Mac, Starfy, and Tingle have the best chances out of all the Assist Trophies to become playable in SSB4.

Little Mac got a new Punch-Out game on the Wii, a WiiWare game with Doc Louis, and there is talk of a possible Wii sequel.

Starfy finally became international after five games (four were Japan-only) and Nintendo heavily marketed the DS game as much as they did for Punch-Out Wii.

Tingle is getting a DS sequel and a DSiWare game in addition to his original DS game and a Balloon Fight remake. Tingle is now officially a franchise branched from Zelda much like how Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario branched from Mario.

Smashchu, I haven't seen Nintendo give special treatment to Lyn, Samurai Goroh, and Waluigi like they are doing for Little Mac, Starfy, and Tingle. Isaac and Saki are possible since Golden Sun DS and Sin & Punishment 2 are coming out.... only time will tell if Nintendo showers love and attention to these two games like they did with Punch-Out!!, The Legendary Starfy, and both Tingle games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I agree. While being an assist trophy doesn't guarentee a character will become playable in the next installment, it doesn't mean that they are completely ruled out either. Charizard's the ultimate proof of that and he was a pokeball character for two games.
Does anyone remember when Meowth was removed in Melee? Fans wanted Meowth to come back in SSB3 and now he is back in Brawl, albeit as a Pokeball Pokemon again. Maybe Sakurai might like to promote Meowth as a playable character in the next game. After all, Meowth is the next choice after Mewtwo and the Pokemon Trainer on the Melee poll. ;)

Meowth, Gold with Johto starters, and Mewtwo for SSB4!

Does anyone also remember when the Bumper was removed in Melee? Fans wanted it to come back in SSB3 and Sakurai added the Bumper in Brawl. Both Meowth and the Bumper, to me, might indicate that Sakurai is listening to the fans and might add Mewtwo back in SSB4. I doubt Roy would return anyway.... Nintendo isn't doing anything special with Roy in the Fire Emblem games... but at least Mewtwo is still a legendary Pokemon in HG/SS so that might give Mewtwo a fighting chance to be in SSB4.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
There's a pretty good chance that the roster for SSB4 will be based on its release date. It seems that a lot of character choices were made because they should've been in the previous installment, but weren't (Snake, Lucas, King Dedede, Peach, Olimar), were trying to get advertisements (Roy, Ness), or were popular in a time-frame between 64-Melee-Brawl (Lucario, Ike, Mewtwo).

Little Mac does have a pretty good chance because his game was released after Brawl, and Sakurai showed interest in him even before that. Just my $0.02, of course.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman

Just the fact that Sakurai took the time to put him in the game means hes interested.....
Golden Sun is coming out with a new game. Much like another series I know.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I'd easily trade the sse for a bigger roster anyday.
I'd like:
-melee style physics
-two "smash balls", one brawl version, and one more traditional final attack version where, if turned on, the player has a meter that gives them final smash aura when filled all the way up
-more characters, stages, ect.
-better wifi
-better costumes (for god sakes is it that hard to give mario his flying mario costume? It's just him recolored black and red! sure, ssbb came out shortly after galaxy, but it's not that hard of a change!)

I wouldn't mind a second ssb for the wii, honestly. Wii needs more good games. Way more good games. Galaxy 2 is being made for the wii, so it's possible.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We're more likely to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Round 2 than a full fledged sequel on the Wii.

However, I do like your Smash ball idea, but I'm afraid there would be conflicts on whether or not to put in the super one in competitive play.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Little mac has the retro factor and fanbase, plus a new game and renewed interest as well. Yes as much as I'd hate to admit it, little mac I believe is a shoo in

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Put it in perspective, guys. Do you honestly think a character like Devil is going to be a playable character in the next game based solely on the fact that he's an assist trophy? Definitely not.

Just the fact that Sakurai took the time to put him in the game means hes interested.....
Golden Sun is coming out with a new game. Much like another series I know.
Well then there you go. I didn't know a GS game was scheduled.

Does anyone also remember when the Bumper was removed in Melee? Fans wanted it to come back in SSB3 and Sakurai added the Bumper in Brawl. Both Meowth and the Bumper, to me, might indicate that Sakurai is listening to the fans and might add Mewtwo back in SSB4. I doubt Roy would return anyway.... Nintendo isn't doing anything special with Roy in the Fire Emblem games... but at least Mewtwo is still a legendary Pokemon in HG/SS so that might give Mewtwo a fighting chance to be in SSB4.
In retrospect, Brawl is more like an intensely upgraded version of SSB64. It really didn't carry anything over from Melee but some of the modes and characters. The one thing I was disappointed by was that there was no Board the Platforms.... 'tis a shame it didn't return. As for Mewtwo, it is very likely that he'll make the cut for SSB4 as he was planned to be included in Brawl.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I forgot about board the platforms. They really need to spice up the event matches, special events, and bring back a better race to the finish

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone remember when Meowth was removed in Melee? Fans wanted Meowth to come back in SSB3 and now he is back in Brawl, albeit as a Pokeball Pokemon again. Maybe Sakurai might like to promote Meowth as a playable character in the next game. After all, Meowth is the next choice after Mewtwo and the Pokemon Trainer on the Melee poll. ;)

Meowth, Gold with Johto starters, and Mewtwo for SSB4!

Arcadenik, no one else cares about Meowth. Only you do. We don't need more post about how you ramble on about how he's so great and show be in the next game despite the fact no one cares.

-two "smash balls", one brawl version, and one more traditional final attack version where, if turned on, the player has a meter that gives them final smash aura when filled all the way up
The problem, is that is WAY too boring. Smash's success could easily be traced to the fact that Smash avoids everything standard fighting games do. The meter will only be fun to competitive players (meaning it's already a bad idea as focusing on competitive play is what has killed traditional fighting games), and even they will turn it off as they'll see the FS be "broken." It would just ruin the fun of the chase for the Smash ball, and the fact you can steal it away from people.

Put it in perspective, guys. Do you honestly think a character like Devil is going to be a playable character in the next game based solely on the fact that he's an assist trophy? Definitely not.
So, you reason that no assist trophy will be a character is that one of them can't be playable (or wouldn't happen, and yes, Devil will probably never be one)? I'm sure that's a logical fallacy

The reason I said Assist Trophies would upgrade is because a lot of them are characters people wanted to see, or who would make sense. People wanted to see Saki. The western players wanted Lyn to be playable. Goroh could defiantly be playable. People wanted Issac.

I will one day see if I can figure out which characters are popular in Japan. I have a theory that Waluigi may be more popular then we think.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I say that an AT with a newer game coming out and regardless of AT status people want in (i.e. Isaac) then by all means throw em in.

Board the Platforms was fun, I want it back

Make Break the Targets better. Each character has their own stage or the targets are just in different places on the same stage. It was good training when you were pressed for time to break all of em that used your characters abilities (looks at Melee Y. Link BtT)
It would be pretty cool though if they had their own stage taken from a game. (i.e. TL has a ship/boat or a train or something)

Race to the Finish was great and fun too (more so in Melee with the different paths)

Definitely spice up the Event Matches

Yay SmashChu, for once you and I agree. And when you speak with "nobody" it's true.

Smash shouldn't be more "traditional" or like other fighting games in any way at all

n88

Smash Lord
Arcadenik,I don't care about Meowth. Only you do. We don't need more post about how you ramble on about how he's so great and show be in the next game despite the fact no one cares.
Fixed.

Seriously, stop applying your opinions to the entire world. Meowth, while not insanely popular, does have supporters aside from Arcadenik, and Arcadenik makes a reasonable point by saying that he did well on the Melee poll. Unfortunately, I think success on the Brawl poll now carries more weight, and there's no way of knowing how he did there.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes I agree as well, I don't care about meowth or know anyone that does, but still he is entitled to his opinion. Can't stop the man from dreaming lol.

No need to give him hell for it.

Not cool.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Fixed.

Seriously, stop applying your opinions to the entire world. Meowth, while not insanely popular, does have supporters aside from Arcadenik, and Arcadenik makes a reasonable point by saying that he did well on the Melee poll. Unfortunately, I think success on the Brawl poll now carries more weight, and there's no way of knowing how he did there.
He does do that a lot and it makes me mad......but I think this time is the closest he's ever come to being right when he uses "nobody" or "everybody"

any who, anybody have any ideas of what to talk about or more ideas on BtT, or any of the other stuff like it?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Meowth probably won't get in. I won't comment on his popularity, because outside of Smash I think it would be greater than Jiggs at the very least (maybe even more so than any of the PT's individual Pokemon and Mewtwo as well) but given everything, I just don't see him getting in.

For one, I personally believe Mewtwo was cut from Brawl not due to time rerstraints, but rather the balancing of the roster, and that the reason he had some code was because they couldn't decide on him or Jiggs. We all know how this turned out, but I think its pretty clear that in order to get into another game, Mewtwo will have to be in another balance situation, or, will have to replace Jiggs directly, both of which probably won't happen. Its much more likley that the Pokemon roster will expand up to 5, and that the last spot there will go to a Pokemon in the newest generation. Thus I can only see Mewtwo having a shot if the max slots go up to 6.

Now for Meowth, this makes his chances of getting in harder due to the fact that he is clearly behind Mewtwo when it comes to getting in. He was never playable, and he really was never planned get in. The Pokemon roster would probably have to go up to 7 slots if he were to be included, which truly is pushing it too far. The only other opition I could see is if he latched on to a PT style deal, but I don't think that will happen either, as most people are gunning for another PT to have non-Gen 1 Pokemon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash shouldn't be more "traditional" or like other fighting games in any way at all
Which is ironic considering that everything Smash does is taken from other fighting games, but done in its own style. Here's a list of what Smash took from other fighters, but did in its own way:

Final Smash - Super move
KO method - A literal spin on the term KO
Special moves - Aside from simpler execution, these are identical to other fighting games with them.
Teching - Present in other games, but with varying input methods
Normal moves - uhh..... Normal moves

The one thing I can give you is aerial emphasis, but for some characters, this is the same as juggling.

OH, and I for one would love to see Meowth in. I swear, this how Pokemon number issue could probably be resolved if the put in Green.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
All I know for sure is that I would be insanely disappointed if a certain cat-like Pokemon got in and a certain psychic Pokemon didn't.........

I really want Mewtwo back that's for sure. I liked him before he got cut

FS and Teching I guess are the only things they really borrowed because it couldn't be a fighting game with out KOs and Moves.......well I guess it could be but imo it would be pretty suckish....and they shouldn't keep borrowing especially mechanics or a different FS system.

Green? Like a 1st gen Trainer? Oh wait is this the Trainer with Gardevoir, Meowth and Jiggs? Yeah that wouldn't really solve much......you'd take away Jiggs' slot, put in another 1st gen that is pretty useless and doesn't have any importance, put in a Poke that could stand alone, and rob fans of a Trainer with different Pokemon.
That is what you're talking about right? Or is it not you that wanted that Trainer?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
FS and Teching I guess are the only things they really borrowed because it couldn't be a fighting game with out KOs and Moves.......well I guess it could be but imo it would be pretty suckish....and they shouldn't keep borrowing especially mechanics or a different FS system.
I simply stated the others since you said Smash shouldn't be like other fighting games at all. I was pointing out the extremity of your statement.

Green? Like a 1st gen Trainer? Oh wait is this the Trainer with Gardevoir, Meowth and Jiggs? Yeah that wouldn't really solve much......you'd take away Jiggs' slot, put in another 1st gen that is pretty useless and doesn't have any importance, put in a Poke that could stand alone, and rob fans of a Trainer with different Pokemon.
That is what you're talking about right? Or is it not you that wanted that Trainer?
I'm not the one who brought up the idea originally. That was drag0nscythe. I'm iffy now about Jiggs being a Trainer Pokemon since it would mess up the tradition that's been more or less established. I'm thinking that we now have Pichu, Meowth, and some other Pokemon in for Green.

Also, taking away PT's fans is totally BS. The same goes for anyone trying to bring up the unique argument. Look, if more than one character can benefit from the same type of system, let it be. Besides, what would Red and Green have in common aside from the 3 in 1 aspect if done right? It's not different than the sword users in Fire Emblem.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The guy who wanted the female trainer (sorry, can't remember exactly who) wanted her to have Pichu, Jiggs, and Gardevoir....though I don't get the Gardevoir thing all too much. Still, while I don't think we're going to get a second PT, I really don't think that the second PT will have any Gen 1 Pokemon.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Note to Arcandenik/Anyone that thinks I'm insulting this at him: I'm not, this post is generally about pokemon's representation in general. (And at the end somewhat about AT's)
Meowth probably won't get in. I won't comment on his popularity, because outside of Smash I think it would be greater than Jiggs at the very least (maybe even more so than any of the PT's individual Pokemon and Mewtwo as well) but given everything, I just don't see him getting in.

For one, I personally believe Mewtwo was cut from Brawl not due to time rerstraints, but rather the balancing of the roster, and that the reason he had some code was because they couldn't decide on him or Jiggs. We all know how this turned out, but I think its pretty clear that in order to get into another game, Mewtwo will have to be in another balance situation, or, will have to replace Jiggs directly, both of which probably won't happen. Its much more likley that the Pokemon roster will expand up to 5, and that the last spot there will go to a Pokemon in the newest generation. Thus I can only see Mewtwo having a shot if the max slots go up to 6.

Now for Meowth, this makes his chances of getting in harder due to the fact that he is clearly behind Mewtwo when it comes to getting in. He was never playable, and he really was never planned get in. The Pokemon roster would probably have to go up to 7 slots if he were to be included, which truly is pushing it too far. The only other opition I could see is if he latched on to a PT style deal, but I don't think that will happen either, as most people are gunning for another PT to have non-Gen 1 Pokemon.
^^ This is my feelings in a short summary, and you also have to all realize that It's not just all about pleasing the fanbase of smash, but pleasing the fanbase of each series. Why did lucario get in over Mewtwo? Because Mewtwo is freakishly awkward in programming (Half of his moves involved his tail) And because If you ignore all the other generations then pokemon fans won't be the happiest of people, considering since It's an RPG It moves from time to time.

Thus why 5th gen or the next generation by the time Smash 4 comes out is considered a "Shoe-In" Because of fans who just got into the series or so. Really; If you think Jiggs/Pika/PT Are getting cut for what essentially is another 1st gen pokemon, you're out of your mind. The most recent gen is apparently shoed in in sakurai's eyes - Anyone who screams "LOL TIME CONSTRAINTS" Really needs to realize that most time on the game was spent on SSE And Online as stated in interviews and that the dev team themselves said they don't spend a lot of time on characters + The fact the roster was decided in late 05.

With the knowledge we have; We know four reps (PT/Pika/Jiggs/Someone that doesn't rep 1st gen) Leading to 6 movesets and you still have Lucario, Mewtwo, and the apparent idea of sakurai considering Plusle+Minun (Tho, I'm doubting this too), and going by the fact he axed 2 Poke to fit in 2 new poke; I think It's safe to say there's most likely only one more slot for Smash 4 (Balancing + The dude still needs to fix Jiggs at least some :laugh: )...

Now let's say Sakurai feels First gen is worth of representation - You really think Meowth will get in over Mewtwo? Uh...

And If somehow pokemon gets 6 Slots and EIGHT Movesets, then why should meowth be deemed as worthy when It's a FIFTH First gen?

And that's a long explination of how I feel about pokemon's representation; Wasn't only aimed at the whole meowth thing.

Edit: If you guys are going to suggest a second PT, at least say something about it that stands out originality wise, or you're just essentially adding another PT (Since It'd probably have starters or something) Just for the sake of having more poke playable (And...At least Nine movesets @.@)

Edit2: Tho I'll agree with n88 on one thing at least for sure about this; Meowth still got a rather good amount of requests on various forums, but his support after he was confirmed as an AT Is long dead. He really had his chances mainly in Melee/64.

As for my opinion on Assist Trophies...

While people are going to bring up the whole thing about pokemon, It's still two different cases. AT's Are split between almost every other series in smash; It doesn't really lower there chances or bring them up; Because If there was anything that did so, that was already done in the first place. (IE Andross is not in because he's awkward to program)

So really; I believe we'll see some become playable in the next game...Few, but some. (ISAAC PLEASE?)

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I simply stated the others since you said Smash shouldn't be like other fighting games at all. I was pointing out the extremity of your statement.

I'm not the one who brought up the idea originally. That was drag0nscythe. I'm iffy now about Jiggs being a Trainer Pokemon since it would mess up the tradition that's been more or less established. I'm thinking that we now have Pichu, Meowth, and some other Pokemon in for Green.

Also, taking away PT's fans is totally BS. The same goes for anyone trying to bring up the unique argument. Look, if more than one character can benefit from the same type of system, let it be. Besides, what would Red and Green have in common aside from the 3 in 1 aspect if done right? It's not different than the sword users in Fire Emblem.
Oh okay. I didn't mean robbing them of "uniqueness" I meant most people that want another Trainer want a newer one not Meowth or any 1st gen for that matter. I for one would love 3rd Gen PT w/ Blaziken, Marshtomp and Treecko, but that's just me. I hear Blaziken is popular and Marshtomp......well idk 'bout him...

I don't really want Pichu to come back, at all, there are some other 2nd gens (newest gen at the moment) that could get in. Most though I can't see working. Maybe umm Tyranitar?.....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
imo, they should bring everyone back. Taking out characters is a stupid idea, especially if everyone has something to offer if not being just a gimmick, fan base, or joke (yes, he was a joke, but Pichu was a joke that worked). Taking out a character seems to generate a lot more backlash at a company than leaving them in. I mean, I don't like Lucario or Ike.... at ALL. There's just more reasons to keep them in then out. They should all be tweaked of course in some way, but I wouldn't mind every character from previous Smash games in there, along with new ones to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom