• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I blame Nintendo.
There aren't many outside starmen.net, though.
I blame Japan. Mother 3 should have had an official translation by now...How come Earthbound gets one >_<...

And I don't care how many people beg, Tingle should NOT be added to SSB4! What kind of moves would the fairy boy have anyway >_>?

(I can see him using his balloon as a method of recovery, but still...

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
I see Mega Man coming in the next one...So many people are requesting it, so Nintendo has to cave in to that...I figure his moveset should be somewhat similar to Samus's, maybe? Projectile wise, anyway :laugh:.

YES! YEEES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES :laugh:!!

Peppy Hare should not be added, either...He should be in Fox's final smash though...Of course, he'll tell Fox to "DO A BARREL ROLL!", but still xD

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Well, I put Adeleine in because she was my favorite Kirby character. Well, there is Marx, but he's never getting in.

Edit: Adeleine is a painter from the Kirby series who has appeared in many Kirby games, like Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
...Who is she?
Adeliene (if you're talking about HER) is a painter from Kirby 64...Or he's a boss from Kirby's Dreamland 3, I believe...with a slightly different name...

He/she attacks by painting things that "come to life" :laugh:.

I see alot more potential for Marx, actually. Projectiles, ramming, Lasars, and since he can fly, I can see him coming...But that may not be likely..

BBQTV

Smash Master
Okay, I know someone's thinking about this, but...

Captian Falcon should have his EPIC Falcon PAWNCH to be his final smash in the next game...You know, the pawnch that can destroy an entire planet...And Black Shadow >_>?
[yeeeeeeessssssss]does anyone think we need more bosses? also does sakurai add characters that he wants im sure he looks at requests but would he add a character he wants to?

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
[yeeeeeeessssssss]does anyone think we need more bosses? also does sakurai add characters that he wants im sure he looks at requests but would he add a character he wants to?
I think we need more bosses. MAYBE one for each major series. [Or ones that are capable of having one, i.e. NOT IC or Pit (G&W could be something random like Duon again)]

Sadly I can't engage in this conversation right now :(

For bosses, i jus want to see some actual Fe bosses. BK if he is not playable, Medeus(sp?) for Marth, and Ashnard (assuming BK actually can be playable).

BBQTV

Smash Master
yeah BK dyna blade or marx king k rool if not playable or his ship bowser in clown car for pokemon another legendary i cant think of anything else

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
yeah BK dyna blade or marx king k rool if not playable or his ship bowser in clown car for pokemon another legendary i cant think of anything else
Fatty Whale should also be another Kirby boss in the game, just saying :laugh:.

It's difficult to think of a proper Pokemon legendary boss, since most of them are in Pokeballs in the game :ohwell:. Also, most of the legendarys are so freakin small, it's not even funny :lick:.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
@Neo

The Brawl polls were conducted after the roster was finished. (There were a few last-minute changes, though). So I would say the Melee polls had more of an affect on Brawl's roster.

EDIT: @Jakandsig

How much you wanna bet?
Really? So nobody here reads gaming magazines? The latest state they scrapped it. As for a link well, Wii's really can't copy so...

What about changes to the characters themselves (for those not involved int he magazine/polls debate)?

Personally I would like to see Ganondorf get his arieal double wizard kick recovery back, and cut his lag times down a bit.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What I'd kind of think would be fun is if the bosses in the next game act like fusions of already established bosses. What do I mean that? Say the next big baddy is some type of weird thingamajig that can fuse things, so that our generic enemies turn out to be koopa/morblin hybrids or something like that. Bosses would be somewhat the same, so if say Pikachu and Samus team up again, the boss at the end of the level could be a fusion of Kraid/Magnezone (Magnezone chosen here so that the Kraid fusion would look kind of like what he would have looked like if he had gotten into Metroid Prime) or if Little Mac and Olimar team up, you could see a fusion of King Hippo and Emporer (or Empress) Bulbax. That way I think a lot more could get covered and there wouldn't be a need of constantly trying to shove in a boss for every series. (And for the record, Kid Icarus could probably have a boss in Medusa)

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Funny, I was just thinking about what bosses should be in SSB4. Here's my boss wish list:
Super Macho Man (Punch Out)
Zero Two (Kirby)
Pigma(Star Fox)
King Bomb-Omb (Mario)
Queen Gohma (Zelda)
Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
Starman DX(Earthbound)
Deathborn (F-Zero)
Big Burt Bros. (Yoshi's Island)
Kraid (Metriod)

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
Pigma? Andross ordered Wolf to take him down :laugh:!

Lolskye. I actually see Andross more as a boss than Pigma, due to the fact that he has GIANT HANDS TO SWAT YOU WITH AND EAT YOU OM NOM NOM NOM...Or he could shoot blocks at you -_-...

I completly forgot about 02. I've been neglecting some of my Kirby bosses...Yeah, he should totally be added into the game :lick:.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think we need more bosses. MAYBE one for each major series. [Or ones that are capable of having one, i.e. NOT IC or Pit (G&W could be something random like Duon again)]

Sadly I can't engage in this conversation right now :(
Kid Icarus: Medusa or Eggplant Wizard

Ice Climber: Condor

It's not really that hard for most series, and certainly more plausible than a boss repping the G&W (which Duon has no relationship with, btw).

The only current series I can't see having one are G&W and Gyromite. There's also Animal Crossing, if you consider it a major series in Brawl. Of course, I may be forgetting some.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Kid Icarus: Medusa or Eggplant Wizard

Ice Climber: Condor

It's not really that hard for most series, and certainly more plausible than a boss repping the G&W (which Duon has no relationship with, btw).

The only current series I can't see having one are G&W and Gyromite. There's also Animal Crossing, if you consider it a major series in Brawl. Of course, I may be forgetting some.
I know they are able to have a boss but honestly would you rather face a bird or eggplant wizard or face off against someone else that they're taking up. No offense but I don't think the "Retros" should have bosses unless it's something like Duon (yes I know he has nothing to do w/ G&W but that's the only "G&W" boss I would want)

I say we should have 2 LOZ bosses and 2 Mario bosses, a PM boss (even if he's not playable) and something like Petty Piranha. For LOZ it would be some Toon boss like Molgera and a normal one like Zant or something

Kirby: Marx or 02
Metriod: Mother Brain
Star Fox: Andross
DK: idk.....Maybe a Jungle Beat boss idk
Pokemon: Shadow Lugia I guess or something from HG/SS
FE: Medus (sp?) or Ashnard
Mother: Giygas
Any I forgot?................

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
As much as I hate saying this, Giygas will never be is Smash. A lot of kids play Smash, and they'd probably be freaked out to no end if he was in. Plus, in Earthbound, the only way to damage him is Paula's "Pray" command.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
How many characters do you think will be in the game? (on the select screen, no shiek and zelda are different kinda stuff).

Smash 64:12 characters
Melee:25 characters
Brawl:35 characters

And the most popular fighting game in the past 9 years
Marvel vs Capcom 2: 56 characters

We are getting close, but how many for next game?

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
As much as I hate saying this, Giygas will never be is Smash. A lot of kids play Smash, and they'd probably be freaked out to no end if he was in. Plus, in Earthbound, the only way to damage him is Paula's "Pray" command.
I know but I'm hopeful, he would be an awesome boss.....and they could figure something out for damage.

As for # of Characters, I say we'll get 50 something to 62 characters (63 counting "Random")

Alot of kids play smash, ZSS says hi.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Here's an idea.... What if, for the Pokemon bosses, we had a Gym Leader or Elite Four member w/ three of his pokemon? I know it's unlikely, but it would be totally bad*ss imo.

Axx o Nn

Smash Rookie
G&W could have that giant octopus, right?

I think the next smash will probably have around 50 characters or maybe even more. They're going to want to have as many as they can fit in.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clownbot said:
Here's an idea.... What if, for the Pokemon bosses, we had a Gym Leader or Elite Four member w/ three of his pokemon? I know it's unlikely, but it would be totally bad*ss imo.
I had an idea for such a boss once. You could basically have a classic Pokemon battle using Pokemon Trainer, the opponent switching out Pokemon regularly so you have to take down three bosses. It may be unlikely, but hey, so are all the other bosses people are suggesting! :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And the most popular fighting game in the past 9 years
Marvel vs Capcom 2: 56 characters
I doubt MvC2 is the most popular fighting game in the last 9 years. Besides, the game is incredibly unbalanced. Yes, more so than some people think Brawl is.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Way more so. Heck, only 4-6 characters are viable in tournaments. Also, Melee, Brawl, Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur are probably more popular than it.

Edit: I was taking about Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of my boss choices way up there?

Hey! Jakandsig! If you think there's not going to be an SSB4 then why are u posting here? and you can go think what ever you want but don't do it here.

Nintendo doesn't want more money Ha! :laugh:

BG3

Smash Journeyman
What does everyone think of my idea of all developers of a certain series should get equal status of Sakurai? Basically, any person that has his or her series represented in Smash, should be equal to Sakurai's position so the content concerning that certain game can be portrayed accurately and well. A Kirby developer shouldn't be designing Metroid stages or writing Star Fox conversations,etc. If each respective developer was next to Sakurai as his equal, then each series could all be represented properly. I'm pretty sure this would minimize the bias claims and overall equalize the series representation by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom