• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
...........Or they can just rip Mewtwo's info from Melee, polish it up and texture him.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
^Mewtwo was planned to be in brawl. (And if someone is going to say something about my grammar. Don't. I mean who gives a crap. Its just grammar. Not a big deal. Many people aren't good with grammar.
)

UncleSam

Smash Master
^Mewtwo was planned to be in brawl. (And if someone is going to say something about my grammar. Don't. I mean who gives a crap. Its just grammar. Not a big deal. Many people aren't good with grammar.
)
I wonder why Nintendo never finished the planned characters?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
For the most part, your grammar is fine, Mike.
Oh well that is good. It is just people keep saying my grammar is bad.

To UncleSam: Well I heard that the whole reason Mewtwo really didn't return for Brawl. Because it was due to Time Constraints. So because of that. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will come back for SSB4.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
)
Umm, I didn't say he wasn't planned to be in. I just said that he isn't, and he should be in.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh well that is good. It is just people keep saying my grammar is bad.

To UncleSam: Well I heard that the whole reason Mewtwo really didn't return for Brawl. Because it was due to Time Constraints. So because of that. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will come back for SSB4.
Actually, based on some interviews, it seems Mewtwo was cut in favor of Lucario because that's what the Pokemon Company wanted.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
As probably the most hardcore Dark Samus fan, I can definitely say that she should not be anywhere close to being Samus at all.

Other than the appearance (which was 1. part of the plot and 2. very stylishly different in Corruption), they really are two separate characters - much more so than say Fox and Falco.

For one thing, between MP2 and MP3, you basically have a moveset mapped out for you. For one thing, the neutral B would be similar to what Samus does in MP3 while in Hypermode and you charge the beam - that stream of shots. DS does it in MP2 I believe. Instead of charging one shot you're stockpiling multiple smaller ones. Her side B could be the Death ball (or whatever the hell her morphball mode is called), like a quick launching attack. Up B could be a teleport or some ****. Down B is the Phazon Shield.

But it might be moot at this point considering Sylux looks to be the new villain.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
As probably the most hardcore Dark Samus fan, I can definitely say that she should not be anywhere close to being Samus at all.

Other than the appearance (which was 1. part of the plot and 2. very stylishly different in Corruption), they really are two separate characters - much more so than say Fox and Falco.

For one thing, between MP2 and MP3, you basically have a moveset mapped out for you. For one thing, the neutral B would be similar to what Samus does in MP3 while in Hypermode and you charge the beam - that stream of shots. DS does it in MP2 I believe. Instead of charging one shot you're stockpiling multiple smaller ones. Her side B could be the Death ball (or whatever the hell her morphball mode is called), like a quick launching attack. Up B could be a teleport or some ****. Down B is the Phazon Shield.

But it might be moot at this point considering Sylux looks to be the new villain.
Yes, it is moot, as Ridley is the one who deserves to be in.

SlimeBerserker4105

Smash Rookie
I wonder why Nintendo never finished the planned characters?
Devolpment time. Peach, Bowser, and another character were planned for the original SSB, but were taken out due to devlopment time. Snake was supposed to be in Melee, but was cut for the same reason. If they ever do make a new Smash Bros., they probally will put some of the characters that were cut from Brawl.

Bleh, Mike already answered the question. :p

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I have to say that they should include Ridley as well as Sylux, despite how huge he is. They got Bowser to fit; Ridley shouldn't be much harder. Plus he would be fun as hell to use.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I don't believe I ever said he should be in my post. Either way, your opinion is wrong and your face is dumb.
Actually, my post was under the character count and I just posted something
absolutely true
random.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
new stage builder is what i'm waiting for, i like the character selection of brawl, it gives me a reason to play it and not melee, so i wouldn't want melee's characters in ssb4

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Get some Toad in SSB4!

Toad + Fixed Wifi = my life is complete.

Also everyone begin performing your voodoo's so Sakurai can remove random tripping. WHY was that even put in Brawl again?
Removing bad wifi and random tripping is good... but Toad? As for Toad... clicky clicky.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
No clicky clicky. Toady toady. Toad is a CLASSIC Mario character from the start. The fact that he is not in is so dumb. I will keep whining and groaning until he gets put in. Even if it means doing it in the SSB5 and SSB6 discussion threads that will appear as more games come out. :p

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
No clicky clicky. Toady toady. Toad is a CLASSIC Mario character from the start. The fact that he is not in is so dumb. I will keep whining and groaning until he gets put in. Even if it means doing it in the SSB5 and SSB6 discussion threads that will appear as more games come out. :p
He was a classic character at the start, but he's unimportant and generic now. Did you even read it?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Toad is a part of the original four and has been in all mario games so he is important. Sakurai has said nothing about generic characters.

Brawl is technically a spin off of all nintendo games. If anything it might as well be advertising that spin offs are fun.

Ivysaur is part of a species. So is Charizard and squirtle. Besides, Waddle dees are freaking awesome and if they actually did something then it would be awesome if he's in.

Toad is very much alive and would fit into smashbros quite nicely.

Tell me if i'm missing something.

justaway12

Smash Master
Toad is a part of the original four and has been in all mario games so he is important. Sakurai has said nothing about generic characters.

Brawl is technically a spin off of all nintendo games. If anything it might as well be advertising that spin offs are fun.

Ivysaur is part of a species. So is Charizard and squirtle. Besides, Waddle dees are freaking awesome and if they actually did something then it would be awesome if he's in.

:goomba: Well aren't their more deserving characters than generic characters? I think Toad has the best chance of getting in and being a generic character since he was important and still is slighty but he still doesn't deserve to be in as much as more important characters right now, just because he is in every game doesn't make him important.Isn't he like a citizen of mushroom kingdom now (excluding party games) or just as important? :goomba:

:goomba: I think the reason Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle were there was because they were starter pokemon when Pokemon Trainer was the main character of his own game. :goomba:

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Capture the Flag gametype

It would be cool if they have a capture the flag gametype in the next smashbros. Have it take place in a stages similar or bigger than the RACE TO THE FINISH stage in Melee. Split screen multiplayer, or have it where you can lan with other systems, or play online. They should have it where the player with the flag is limited in what he can do (dodge roll, attacking).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Toad hasn't been in all Mario games. Even if you count generic Toads as being in, there are still quite a few games without them. Yes, Sakurai has said nothing about generic characters, but that means nothing except that he could be in. Could be in =/= will be in. Besides, my point is that he shouldn't be in, not that he won't be in. And it's not like Sakurai makes the best decisions as to which characters deserve it.

Bad logic right there. Being a spinoff doesn't mean you should advertise spinoffs.

True, but Pokemon is a big series and needs reps, and the only way they can represent is with Pokemon. And being awesome doesn't grant you a spot.

Every other character in Smash now is alive as well, unless we want ReDead or Dry Bones... oh that's not what you meant? Toad is not alive in the Mario series, as I proved in my clicky clicky essay.

You're missing quite a bit.

:goomba: Well aren't their more deserving characters than generic characters? I think Toad has the best chance of getting in and being a generic character since he was important and still is slighty but he still doesn't deserve to be in as much as more important characters right now, just because he is in every game doesn't make him important.Isn't he like a citizen of mushroom kingdom now (excluding party games) or just as important? :goomba:

:goomba: I think the reason Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle were there was because they were starter pokemon when Pokemon Trainer was the main character of his own game. :goomba:
Thank you, Paper Mario and Bowser Jr deserve the spot far more. And I think you're right about starters (although it was technically Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander).

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean toad will be in. I meant he has a pretty good chance. I agree Bowser jr. has a better chance (even though i still think paper mario only has a chance as a spin off from mario games like yoshi. Seriously, if paper mario is mario then he'll be a clone.) It's just that toad is one of the top contenders from the spot. Wizzerd said that toad has no chance whatsoever. I was just showing exceptions to wizzerd's points. Toad is still a big part of mario even if he's been pushed to a less important role. Oh, and you can't disclude appearance's that you can't play as because most villains aren't playable.

And toad is important because i have found an exception to just about every point in your clicky clicky essay.

justaway12

Smash Master
:goomba: I do think Toad has a good chance, Toad is more important than a lot of Mario characters IMO. Most Mario characters are now just in spin-offs games and don't play an important part except for the one game where they were introduced (not all of them... probably but most of them.) :goomba:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I didn't mean toad will be in. I meant he has a pretty good chance.
He actually does. I've been arguing that he shouldn't be in, not that he won't be in.

I agree Bowser jr. has a better chance (even though i still think paper mario only has a chance as a spin off from mario games like yoshi. Seriously, if paper mario is mario then he'll be a clone.)
Now you're just being ignorant. Paper Mario has never thrown a fireball, whipped a cape or used a water gun. Paper Mario has many unique abilities like hammering, Spin Dashing, Ultra/Spring Jumping and flipping. And generic cloned punches and kicks aren't conducive to a character who tends to rely on his partners.

It's just that toad is one of the top contenders from the spot. Wizzerd said that toad has no chance whatsoever.
Are you even listening to me? I'm saying that Toad shouldn't be in, not that he won't be in.

was just showing exceptions to wizzerd's points.
You haven't posted any exceptions, and exceptions are not the rule.

Toad is still a big part of mario even if he's been pushed to a less important role.
Only in the way that Goombas and Waddle Dees are significant. And yes, he's been pushed to a far less important role.

Oh, and you can't disclude appearance's that you can't play as because most villains aren't playable.
That's true, but Toad's non-playable roles have been less and less significant. King K. Rool deserves to be in because he's an interesting, well-liked, and recurring character, even non-playable. Toad doesn't because he's been reduced to a race of incompetent NPCs.

And toad is important because i have found an exception to just about every point in your clicky clicky essay.
Why don't you post them?

Though I will give you that Toad is better than Geno.

:goomba: I do think Toad has a good chance, Toad is more important than a lot of Mario characters IMO. Most Mario characters are now just in spin-offs games and don't play an important part except for the one game where they were introduced (not all of them... probably but most of them.) :goomba:
Not quite true, and Mario has plenty of characters that are significant right now to make playable before Toad can be in.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
:goomba: Could you please tell me who (not Bowser jr. or Paper Mario)? :goomba:
I guess it's just them, but I guess mainstream Mario has plenty of reps as it is. It's better to represent new series like Detsuno no Stafi(sp?) or Advance Wars than pump up existing ones.

justaway12

Smash Master
I guess it's just them, but I guess mainstream Mario has plenty of reps as it is. It's better to represent new series like Detsuno no Stafi(sp?) or Advance Wars than pump up existing ones.
:goomba: I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a new Mario char since he is so popular but I wouldn't mind either way as long as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon stay at the top and I do think reping new ones (it would be better with both though). :goomba:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom