• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that a Sin and Punishment game is on its way out, we might see him in the future.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Don't forget Stafy, though I drought anyone would since his game come's in the US in June.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Being presumptuous are we? Pikmin only had two games when Brawl came out. Therefore, I doubt that having only two games means having little importance.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
well the guys over at MYM said I couldn't just post one move there, and sent me here instead, this is a move added to Samus' current moveset, and is supposed to work with it and not replace anything

SHINE SPARK

This move is executed by pressing back + B and is from the game Super Metroid

If you press forward + B you still get a missile

so how this move works is after you press back + B your move begins to warm up, like a falcon punch, and like a falcon punch at that time you hold which direction you want the move to go, you can hold any of the 8 primary directions.

Once the move starts you go into a flying flashy state, locked into that one direction which you cannot change after it starts.

see this youtube to see how it looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Pknv2QooA

if you do not connect with an enemy or a ledge you will fly into the blast zone and die.

if you hit a ledge you will grab it

if you hit an opponent, your momentum is transferred into them, you stop moving and they go flying, much like ness's Up + B when it connects with an opponent.

so the move isn't completely broken the enemy will have a very small window to DI out of it but it shouldn't be very easy because with your warm up you risk getting hit (like a falcon punch) and also if you miss you run the risk of a suicide.

There should also be a difficult way to cancel it but it shouldn't be possible until you have done the move for a small amount of time.

aka you can cancel out of it before hitting the blast zone but you are most likely already offstage, putting you at a disadvantage for missing but still giving you a chance.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
well the guys over at MYM said I couldn't just post one move there, and sent me here instead, this is a move added to Samus' current moveset, and is supposed to work with it and not replace anything

SHINE SPARK

This move is executed by pressing back + B and is from the game Super Metroid

If you press forward + B you still get a missile

so how this move works is after you press back + B your move begins to warm up, like a falcon punch, and like a falcon punch at that time you hold which direction you want the move to go, you can hold any of the 8 primary directions.

Once the move starts you go into a flying flashy state, locked into that one direction which you cannot change after it starts.

see this youtube to see how it looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Pknv2QooA

if you do not connect with an enemy or a ledge you will fly into the blast zone and die.

if you hit a ledge you will grab it

if you hit an opponent, your momentum is transferred into them, you stop moving and they go flying, much like ness's Up + B when it connects with an opponent.

so the move isn't completely broken the enemy will have a very small window to DI out of it but it shouldn't be very easy because with your warm up you risk getting hit (like a falcon punch) and also if you miss you run the risk of a suicide.

There should also be a difficult way to cancel it but it shouldn't be possible until you have done the move for a small amount of time.

aka you can cancel out of it before hitting the blast zone but you are most likely already offstage, putting you at a disadvantage for missing but still giving you a chance.
Except for the fact it'd act as an infinite recovery distance, it seems cool.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
yeah I want to figure that out, maybe it'd have to be shortened so it's less of a recovery and less suicidal but then it looses a bit of metroid magic. You get the idea though, obviously I would try to change it so it isn't broken but it'd be a neat addition.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
yeah I want to figure that out, maybe it'd have to be shortened so it's less of a recovery and less suicidal but then it looses a bit of metroid magic. You get the idea though, obviously I would try to change it so it isn't broken but it'd be a neat addition.
What about making it Samus's Dashing Attack?

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
new idea that would be too easy to implement:

add yellow, white and black team alt costumes for all characters.

add a shield colour maker (like the colour editor you get in the wrestling games).

2 very easy ideas

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Hahaha, yes it does.

But, that would actually be a great idea! The red, blue, and green thing gets on my nerves.

What if they had a character designer? Where you select attacks from 3-5 default movesets and select parts for your character's appearance? You could even unlock parts and moves.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
What if they had a character designer? Where you select attacks from 3-5 default movesets and select parts for your character's appearance? You could even unlock parts and moves.
Maybe...but it kinda defeats the point of the game being the ultimate crossover battle. Though I guess it would be even more of a crossover to create entirley new universes to jump into the fray.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sorry you misunderstood. I meant successful games. Also Pikmin represents the Gamecube very nicely.
Gee, Sin and Punishment was successful enough for a sequel that's also US-bound.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
DekuBoy you need to go do some studying, Stafy is a huge series of games, and Sin and Punishment is also very popular.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I was thinking, considering that Megaman is pretty likely to make an appearance in a potential SSB4, I was thinking about the most important part to consider for the Megaman series in particular. The music. I love Megamans music, I really do, but will a bunch of 8-bit tracks really be something good to fight to? Plus, how will the other main line Megaman series be represented? Megaman has the unique case of having spin offs (or a cult following) that are just as established series as the original, X, Battle Network, Zero, and to a degree Legends. Another issue with Megamans potential list of music choices is because there is SUCH a variety people are bound to be unhappy, someones favorite Robot Masters theme is bound to be left, and making a medley for every game is not logical either. This is my list of a potential My Music set for Megaman:

*NOTE: If Megaman was to be included, his stage would have an indoor, mechanical setting; thusly all tracks would have to suit such an environment while being relatively good for fighting. A stage like Dr. Wily's Castle or Robot Master Museum are the most likely choices for a stage, so we must envision our music around that setting Here is my fictional list. I actually found 3 videos with songs from this list that were "uploaded" as BGM for Brawl, credit goes to the individuals who did that.

Megaman's Theme (Credits) - Megaman 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_80lwB-fS0g&feature=player_embedded
Metalman - Megaman 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLbQRnmsQBo&feature=player_embedded
Snakeman - Megaman 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DWqjKBUNQ&feature=player_embedded
Napalmman - Megaman 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvw2GVlJWVk&feature=player_embedded
Knightman (Complete Works) - Megaman 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ge5yElxXj0&feature=player_embedded
Intro - Megaman 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUfnz9V0ths&feature=player_embedded (imagine a looped, re-arranged version)
Galaxyman - Megaman 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnjjzXpXsM&feature=player_embedded
Dr. Wily's Stage - Megaman 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl35611spgE&feature=player_embedded
Spark Mandrill's Stage - Megaman X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ2mhI93uPM&feature=player_embedded
Bank System (Quickman) - Megaman Network Transmission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXakwHyXiM4&feature=player_embedded
The Flutter VS. The Gesellschaft - Megaman Legends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAemJrGVnqo&feature=player_embedded
Cannon Ball - Megaman Zero 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FISzgZC7bfw&feature=player_embedded

I know many people do not get why I chose the final four tracks I did, but consider this. Megaman is the only series I know of that has spin offs that are just as established as the original spin-offee? One thing the Megaman universe as a whole is known for is its music (sorta), since there really is no clear way to represent the series as a whole through any other option, why not through music? There are several benefits to this:

1: Like I said previously, you can tribute the main spin offs without including 5 slots for different Megaman characters. lol
2: It keeps the Megaman track list from being filled with a bunch of 8-bit tracks, I love Megamans music, I really do. It may just be too much to have 12 tracks of nothing but 8-bit music in a fighting games.
3: They all are very good tracks in their own right.

Now it does not HAVE to be these tracks, but something from Megaman X, Megaman Battle Network (in which case it HAS to come from Network Transmission IMO), Megaman Legends and Megaman Zero would really represent the universe well. Discuss...

A few other notes I would like to make about Megaman...

*He does not have to be a camper, his normal shots can be like Fox's Laser, no knockback and 1-2% damage for speed. His charge will have power and knockback, but you will take time.

*He is not a clone of Samus, just because they share a similar weapon does not mean tey are a clone. They are about as much of a clone as Marth, Ike, Link, and Metaknight are.

*Classic Megaman is the most likely choice Capcom would choose, since he is the original.

*Most likely, instead of having a Kirby-like system created for him where he copies peoples attacks. He will probably have a special that allows him to switch from various previous Robot Master abilities ala MvC, except with more choices and variety. They seem to gimp stuff like that, plus I do not think Sakurai, if he makes it again, will allow any character to compete in any way with his character's... Look at Starfy...

*His stage (as mentioned before) would be an indoor, colorful, mechanical laboratory type stage. Thusly music will have to fit such a setting.

*If 3rd party PC's got second reps (which won't happen), the most obvious choice would be Zero due to Inafune's affection towards his character and just how easily a moveset could be created for him. In fact, I would even say that if they were not afraid of ticking people off, they would put Zero in over Megaman... Which might make me unhappy, if it was not MMX style Zero. So, most likely, he would be the AT.

These are opinions, NOT FACTS! I do not want to get flamed for various reason 1 and 2. I know the grammar and structure is terrible, but you begin to not care after a time in this thread.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, if you had not put in Dr. Wily's Castle from Megaman 2, I would have hurt you so much.

OKUSENMAN! OKUSENMAN!

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I have another "single move" idea for SSB4 except this time it's for link and toon link

BOMB ARROWS

pretty simple, have it so that if you have pulled a bomb and it's still in your hand and you shoot an arrow, then you shoot the bomb on your arrow, Link could use a buff and this would be an AWESOME one.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I have another "single move" idea for SSB4 except this time it's for link and toon link

BOMB ARROWS

pretty simple, have it so that if you have pulled a bomb and it's still in your hand and you shoot an arrow, then you shoot the bomb on your arrow, Link could use a buff and this would be an AWESOME one.
and TL? in WW link never had bomb arrows, good idea for link tho.
TL should have a different FS making him less of a clone(some ppl believe he's a clone) than he is

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874

BOMB ARROWS

Maybe, but this may ruin bow & arrow stradegies. Perhaps this would work if you could decide whether to iniciate the bomb arrows or to keep arrows and bombs seperate.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Maybe, but this may ruin bow & arrow stradegies. Perhaps this would work if you could decide whether to iniciate the bomb arrows or to keep arrows and bombs seperate.
couldn't you mindgame it? I mean you have to be holding the bomb to bombarrow so, pull out bomb>SH>z-drop>catch>quickdraw
see, there? mindgame!

ratts

Smash Apprentice
exactly

you can drop and pick up bombs etc.

you could even catch someone else's bomb and shoot it back at them.

WIN

UncleSam

Smash Master
While on the topic of link they should change his boomerang, the 2 hit Dsmash is nice and all but I find when playing links all I have to do is Z-Drop a bomb and then Hyphen smash, they should just alter it a little bit

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Yeah. There aren't any other Lips out there.
# Lip, the main character of the Super Famicom video game Panel de Pon
# Lips Manlis, a criminal in **** Tracy, portrayed in the film as Paul Sorvino
# Lip Gallagher, one of the main characters in the television drama, Shameless.
# Lips, a minor Greek god and one of the Anemoi, representing the southwest wind
# Lips, an obscure hippie muppet character from The Muppet Show who was the trumpet player for Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem

None that would make sense according to Wiki

MGWFan01

Smash Rookie
I hope they keep Mr. Game and Watch. Add stages from SSB, SSBM and SSBB

SSB Stage Selection (5 Stages)
Saffron City (Pikachu)
Hyrule Castle (Link)
Kongo Jungle (D.K.)
Mushroom Kingdom (Mario)
Dreamland (Kirby)

Melee Stage Selection (10 Stages)
Peach's Castle (Peach)
Jungle Japes (Diddy Kong)
Termina Bay (Link)
Hyrule Temple (Zelda)
Yoshi's Island (Bowser)
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby)
Pokemon Stadium (Jigglypuff)
Corneria (Falco)
Brinstar Depths (Samus)

Brawl Stages (10 Stages)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi)
Halberd (Meta Knight)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pokemon Trainer)
Distant Planet (Olimar)
Delfino Plaza (Mario)
Flat Zone 2 (Mr. Game and Watch)
Shadow Moses Island (Snake)
The Summit (Ice Climbers)
Castle Siege (Marth/Ike)
Mario Bros. (R.O.B.)

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Knowing that a good portion(if not all) of Nintendo/Brawl characters have had a manga. It'd be nice to have an "Inking" "Costume".

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hope they keep Mr. Game and Watch. Add stages from SSB, SSBM and SSBB

SSB Stage Selection (5 Stages)
Saffron City (Pikachu)
Hyrule Castle (Link)
Kongo Jungle (D.K.)
Mushroom Kingdom (Mario)
Dreamland (Kirby)

Melee Stage Selection (10 Stages)
Peach's Castle (Peach)
Jungle Japes (Diddy Kong)
Termina Bay (Link)
Hyrule Temple (Zelda)
Yoshi's Island (Bowser)
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby)
Pokemon Stadium (Jigglypuff)
Corneria (Falco)
Brinstar Depths (Samus)

Brawl Stages (10 Stages)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi)
Halberd (Meta Knight)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pokemon Trainer)
Distant Planet (Olimar)
Delfino Plaza (Mario)
Flat Zone 2 (Mr. Game and Watch)
Shadow Moses Island (Snake)
The Summit (Ice Climbers)
Castle Siege (Marth/Ike)
Mario Bros. (R.O.B.)
To add to the list: Smashville is an awesome stage.

And so is spear Pillar.

bolded are stages I think should not be in.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
# Lip, the main character of the Super Famicom video game Panel de Pon
# Lips Manlis, a criminal in **** Tracy, portrayed in the film as Paul Sorvino
# Lip Gallagher, one of the main characters in the television drama, Shameless.
# Lips, a minor Greek god and one of the Anemoi, representing the southwest wind
# Lips, an obscure hippie muppet character from The Muppet Show who was the trumpet player for Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem

None that would make sense according to Wiki
None of those are in video games. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom