• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
everyone's talking about krystal hopefully she'll be in the next one, she would be the only starfox member with an original moveset. I also like bowser jr. aswell you never have enough mario reps
I'll laugh when Krystal is the next Toon Link and the fanboys in total denial will still say she's original. I'm not talking about YOU when I say that. But.

I think Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon have reached the swap point. Seriously.

justaway12

Smash Master
i don't see how krystal will be the next toon link.... she's a girl but seriosly i don't

i think it's my fanboyism talking but i don't think mario will never reach a swap point remember melee had mario 5 chars even if it was a mario clone

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Here are some characters I want ( I know there not likely to happen... )

Nintendog:

Standard: Bark
Side: Toy ( The Weak toys appear often & The strong ones are rare )
Up: Balloons
Down: Dig ( If you go over it, You will get stuck to the ground, Like Pitfall )

Final Smash: Kennel ( Summons a bunch of Dogs to attack the foes )

Staryu:

Standard: Swift ( Like he uses in Melee & Brawl )
Side: Bubblebeam
Up: Rapid Spin ( Spins rapidly to make him recover )
Down: Grass Knot ( Trips you )

Final Smash: Rain Dance ( A bunch of Rain starts falling from the sky, Every drop gives damage )

Drifloon:

Standard: Shaodw Ball ( Chargable )
Side: Gust ( Blows the oppenent away, Also gives damage )
Up: Inflate ( Inflates himself to recover )
Down: Baton Pass ( Passes some of his damage to the foe )

Final Smash: Ominous Wind ( A strange Wind appears to hurt the foes )

Glalie:

Standard: Ice Beam
Side: Crunch
Up: Headbutt
Down: Double Team

Final Smash: Sheer Cold ( A automatic KO if it hits a foe )

Ekans:

Standard: Poison Sting ( Like in the Anime )
Side: Mud Bomb
Up: Acid ( Rides Acid to lift it up )
Down: Haze ( Kinda like the Smokeball, But gives some damage )

Final Smash: Sludge Bomb ( Shoots a powerful bomb of Poison )

Mantine:

Standard: Water Pulse
Side: Wing Attack
Up: Bounce
Down: Aqua Ring

Final Smash: Hydro Pump

Octillery

Standard: Bullet Seed
Side: OctaZooka
Up: Constrict
Down: Beam ( At random, Shoots one of its beams such as Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Charge Beam, Or Bubble Beam.

Final smash: Rainbow Beam ( Shoots all the Beams I listed, At once. )

Metroid

Standard: Poison Beam
Side: Bite
Up: Float
Down: Metroid Troop

Final Smash: Super Metroid

majora_787

Smash Hero
Here are some characters I want ( I know there not likely to happen... )

Nintendog:

Standard: Bark
Side: Toy ( The Weak toys appear often & The strong ones are rare )
Up: Balloons
Down: Dig ( If you go over it, You will get stuck to the ground, Like Pitfall )

Final Smash: Kennel ( Summons a bunch of Dogs to attack the foes )

Staryu:

Standard: Swift ( Like he uses in Melee & Brawl )
Side: Bubblebeam
Up: Rapid Spin ( Spins rapidly to make him recover )
Down: Grass Knot ( Trips you )

Final Smash: Rain Dance ( A bunch of Rain starts falling from the sky, Every drop gives damage )

Drifloon:

Standard: Shaodw Ball ( Chargable )
Side: Gust ( Blows the oppenent away, Also gives damage )
Up: Inflate ( Inflates himself to recover )
Down: Baton Pass ( Passes some of his damage to the foe )

Final Smash: Ominous Wind ( A strange Wind appears to hurt the foes )

Glalie:

Standard: Ice Beam
Side: Crunch
Up: Headbutt
Down: Double Team

Final Smash: Sheer Cold ( A automatic KO if it hits a foe )

Ekans:

Standard: Poison Sting ( Like in the Anime )
Side: Mud Bomb
Up: Acid ( Rides Acid to lift it up )
Down: Haze ( Kinda like the Smokeball, But gives some damage )

Final Smash: Sludge Bomb ( Shoots a powerful bomb of Poison )

Mantine:

Standard: Water Pulse
Side: Wing Attack
Up: Bounce
Down: Aqua Ring

Final Smash: Hydro Pump

Octillery

Standard: Bullet Seed
Side: OctaZooka
Up: Constrict
Down: Beam ( At random, Shoots one of its beams such as Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, Signal Beam, Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Charge Beam, Or Bubble Beam.

Final smash: Rainbow Beam ( Shoots all the Beams I listed, At once. )

Metroid

Standard: Poison Beam
Side: Bite
Up: Float
Down: Metroid Troop

Final Smash: Super Metroid
I can't even imagine those...But I guess any of them are possible after ROB. XD

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
I think the Fire Emblem series should get more attention. It has many viable characters that would be both popular and original (that's the reason why I supported Micaiah for Brawl). I say this because I see many people bringing up Roy, probably not knowing that the series has had a lot of main characters/important characters deserving a spot much more than him.

Roy was just a promotional addition in Melee and, quite honestly, I've always found him to be a terrible character both in Smash and in FE.

I know I may sound like a fanboy, but I see lots and lots of characters being mentioned and never one from Fire Emblem, except for Roy. My point is, Smash should include another character from FE along with Marth and Ike for SSB4, not using swords and possibly a girl (Smash is lacking female characters so badly it hurts, that's the only reason I support Krystal too).

It sounds random but hey, R.O.B. made it in, so even my grandma should be a possibility for SSB4.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think the Fire Emblem series should get more attention. It has many viable characters that would be both popular and original (that's the reason why I supported Micaiah for Brawl). I say this because I see many people bringing up Roy, probably not knowing that the series has had a lot of main characters/important characters deserving a spot much more than him.

Roy was just a promotional addition in Melee and, quite honestly, I've always found him to be a terrible character both in Smash and in FE.

I know I may sound like a fanboy, but I see lots and lots of characters being mentioned and never one from Fire Emblem, except for Roy. My point is, Smash should include another character from FE along with Marth and Ike for SSB4, not using swords and possibly a girl (Smash is lacking female characters so badly it hurts, that's the only reason I support Krystal too).

It sounds random but hey, R.O.B. made it in, so even my grandma should be a possibility for SSB4.
F-Zero and Metroid should get attention first, THEN Fire emblem and Earthbound. The first two have been waiting like NINE years, the other two only seven. SO.

justaway12

Smash Master
as long as it isn't micihah i would love FE charaters (i hate mary-sues) Lyn or tibarn would be good though but i agree with majora samus and F-zero first

toonlucas123

Smash Rookie
The only thing i would beg and hope 4 is some fighter 4 animal crossing! I relly am a huge fan of the game series and hope 2 see ssb4 and probably the fighter charecter from animal crossing would me resstie =p he seems like the only nasty part of AC XD! So ya what do u think?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Metroid may get attention, but F-Zero really can't, outside of say Goroh. Despite the series having many characters, virtually none of them are viable. They are tied down to their machines, and those machines aren't used for combat.

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero and Metroid should get attention first, THEN Fire emblem and Earthbound. The first two have been waiting like NINE years, the other two only seven. SO.
Don't get me wrong, I surely think Metroid deserves to be considered first (despite there not being so many characters that would be good for smash IMO. You know how Metroid works, it's pretty much a Samus-solo adventure, unlike Zelda where you meet lots of different characters). I didn't say it before, but IF they don't get Ridley's butt in SSB4, there's definitely something very wrong with the developers. The size arguement people usually pull off against his inclusion is worthless.

F-Zero I don't know well enough. I suppose Samurai Goroh or Jody Summer would be good?
I don't think F-Zero is more important than Fire Emblem right now though, it could've been a couple of years ago maybe, but not now.

I suppose the DK series should get King K. Roll too, that would be great.

Mother comes after those IMO.

as long as it isn't micihah i would love FE charaters (i hate mary-sues) Lyn or tibarn would be good though but i agree with majora samus and F-zero first
I don't particulary like Micaiah either, but she would have been good for smash, and probably the most likely to join after Ike in Brawl (I also don't think she's a mary sue at all, but that's another story). I was thinking about people like Soren, Titania (God knows she would be kickass), Ranulf, Lyn, Hector or Black Knight. By the time SSB4 is planned, we will probably have a new FE game though, with new and more probable characters.

justaway12

Smash Master
I didn't say it before, but IF they don't get Ridley's butt in SSB4, there's definitely something very wrong with the developers. The size arguement people usually pull off against his inclusion is worthless.
well even though he is a giant did you know how big olimar was in his games he was about the size of a quarter so he was extremely small if they an make him significantly bigger why can they make ridley significantly smaller

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
that's stupid it's not even up for discussion.... he's obviously in the next game anyone who disagrees is an idiot he's more obvious than mario or link
That was a joke. :laugh:

DK will always be in over Toon DK.

Although normal DK still has his Banana Slamma.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong, I surely think Metroid deserves to be considered first (despite there not being so many characters that would be good for smash IMO. You know how Metroid works, it's pretty much a Samus-solo adventure, unlike Zelda where you meet lots of different characters). I didn't say it before, but IF they don't get Ridley's butt in SSB4, there's definitely something very wrong with the developers. The size arguement people usually pull off against his inclusion is worthless.

F-Zero I don't know well enough. I suppose Samurai Goroh or Jody Summer would be good?
I don't think F-Zero is more important than Fire Emblem right now though, it could've been a couple of years ago maybe, but not now.

I suppose the DK series should get King K. Roll too, that would be great.

Mother comes after those IMO.

I don't particulary like Micaiah either, but she would have been good for smash, and probably the most likely to join after Ike in Brawl (I also don't think she's a mary sue at all, but that's another story). I was thinking about people like Soren, Titania (God knows she would be kickass), Ranulf, Lyn, Hector or Black Knight. By the time SSB4 is planned, we will probably have a new FE game though, with new and more probable characters.
Metroid SHOULD be considered. The way I see it is this...

Add Ridley and Goroh, then worry about Fire Emblem. Micaiah or Lyn I GUESS...I dunno. I would prefer SOTHE.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
well even though he is a giant did you know how big olimar was in his games he was about the size of a quarter so he was extremely small if they an make him significantly bigger why can they make ridley significantly smaller
Because uber-Metroid fans would be upset. Don't get me wrong, I like Metroid, but Ridley is much more suited to be a boss. A good Metroid character would be Dark Samus, because although she is similar to Samus, she would only be a half-clone. Like Mewtwo and Lucario.

I think her moveset would be:
B- Phazon Scatter Shot (Like Bullet Seed, but horizontal.)
Side B- Phazon Missile
Down B- Phazon Barrier (From the end of Metroid Prime 2)
Up B- Screw Attack (Stronger, but not as high as Samus')
Final Smash- Metroid Prime

Edit:And an alternate for Samus could be SA-X

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my point exactly.

Ridley IMO has priority over everyone else.

Edit:

Because uber-Metroid fans would be upset. Don't get me wrong, I like Metroid, but Ridley is much more suited to be a boss.
Would you please explain why? I honestly don't see any problem with Ridley at all.

justaway12

Smash Master
Because uber-Metroid fans would be upset. Don't get me wrong, I like Metroid, but Ridley is much more suited to be a boss. A good Metroid character would be Dark Samus, because although she is similar to Samus, she would only be a half-clone. Like Mewtwo and Lucario.

Side B- Phazon Missile
I would actually like dark samus but it seems ridley is becoming more popular (i like him too of course) it might be like how sonic got into the game by popular demand and if people want him in the game he is going to have to be a smaller size besides if ridley fans really like him wouldn't hey want to play as him?

majora_787

Smash Hero

Side B- Phazon Missile

Edit:And an alternate for Samus could be SA-X
How are Lucario and Mewtwo HALF CLONES even? They have ONE attack that they share that is still different in several ways.

Anyway, they can DEFFINATLY make Ridley a little bit smaller for Smash.

EDIT: Of course I would play as Ridley. I would break the pattern and MAIN Ridley even if he were heavyweight. Why? Because he is my gaming IDOL. Until he is in smash...

I. WILL. NOT. REST.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I see 3 candidates (in terms of how original they could be) from the Metroid series:

Dark Samus
Sylux
Rundas

All 3 have/will play(ed) significant roles in Metroid. Ridley seems cool but I can see how his Boss status can drag him down if they continue using bosses.

Sakurai obviously sees him as too big. He was VERY popular, but Sakurai was all "He's too big to be playable..." so he gave him 2 songs and 2 bosses.

Of course, this is just theory.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I see 3 candidates (in terms of how original they could be) from the Metroid series:

Dark Samus
Sylux
Rundas

All 3 have/will play(ed) significant roles in Metroid. Ridley seems cool but I can see how his Boss status can drag him down if they continue using bosses.

Sakurai obviously sees him as too big. He was VERY popular, but Sakurai was all "He's too big to be playable..." so he gave him 2 songs and 2 bosses.

Of course, this is just theory.
Sylux and Rundas would be OKAY, but both only had one game. Dark Samus WAS a serious player in Metroid Prime...probably most likely if Ridley is not included. But Ridley is insanely likely.

Osi

Smash Ace
I think a lot of the turnoff for sakurai to do ridley may have been the fact charizard was in game. I'm thinking he saw them as too similar. I just hope megaman makes it next time. Now that the lead dev and producer have shown their interest in including megaman in smash it may happen (leads for megaman, not smash)

n88

Smash Lord
I would love to see Ridley and Dark Samus. I'm not big on Metroid, so I don't know who the others are. The inclusion of Ridley as a boss can only increase his popularity, because people see him and want to play as him. I've wanted Ridley in Smash since the first time I saw him in the Melee intro.

brendol

Smash Cadet
geno from mario rpg, zero from megaman x, and obviously cloud and sephiroth.
hell, just make super smash bros: final fantasy.

brendol

Smash Cadet
oh and add husband to the game. his smash ball powerup can be some sort of rage filled rampage.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Would you please explain why? I honestly don't see any problem with Ridley at all.
First and foremost, the issue of size. You may argue that Sakurai resized Kirby and Olimar, but an increase in size is not the same as an decrease in size. Besides, their size change did not effect others that were in their rspective series, as the size ratio was still the same between the other characters of the series. Example, Kirby was resized, but Meta Knight was as well, so their proportions are the same. But if you resize Ridley, he will be too small in comparison to others in his series. Namely, Samus. Now, if they could find a way to resize Ridley without changing his proportions to Samus, I'd say PUT HIM IN. But, that can't happen without also scaling down Samus.

Second, most of his attacks are based on being in the air. How often do you see Ridley fight on the ground? It's happened, but not enough to have sufficient data on him. This, of course can be countered by giving him smash-unique moves, like Zamus. Regardless, he is mainly air-based and the air is not the best place to be in smash.

I think a seperate mode where you could play as bosses only would be good, however. And a third mode where you can play as either, if you're up for a challenge.

n88

Smash Lord
A boss mode would be interesting, but I don't see why Ridley can't just be a character with a great aerial game. Ridley would not be the first character to have a made-up moveset. Size, however, is an issue. But I don't see the difference between scaling up and scaling down, so long as you don't scale too much. Although I'm not sure who gets to decide how much is too much.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
A boss mode would be interesting, but I don't see why Ridley can't just be a character with a great aerial game. Ridley would not be the first character to have a made-up moveset. Size, however, is an issue. But I don't see the difference between scaling up and scaling down, so long as you don't scale too much. Although I'm not sure who gets to decide how much is too much.
The way I see it, scaling is not a problem IF it doesn't effect the size ratio between characters of the same series. Let's assume Ridley is three times as big as Samus. Well, if you scale him to the same size, it just won't look right. However, scaling Kirby, Meta Knight AND Dedede up doesn't matter, because they still have the same size ratio compared to others in their own series.

EDIT: It's like this: Pikachu is small. Rayquaza is huge. Making them the same size would just not work out. Another example, and I'll assume you all have a decent knowledge of DBZ: Making Hirudegarn or a Great Ape the same size as a normal Human.

majora_787

Smash Hero
First and foremost, the issue of size. You may argue that Sakurai resized Kirby and Olimar, but an increase in size is not the same as an decrease in size. Besides, their size change did not effect others that were in their rspective series, as the size ratio was still the same between the other characters of the series. Example, Kirby was resized, but Meta Knight was as well, so their proportions are the same. But if you resize Ridley, he will be too small in comparison to others in his series. Namely, Samus. Now, if they could find a way to resize Ridley without changing his proportions to Samus, I'd say PUT HIM IN. But, that can't happen without also scaling down Samus.

Second, most of his attacks are based on being in the air. How often do you see Ridley fight on the ground? It's happened, but not enough to have sufficient data on him. This, of course can be countered by giving him smash-unique moves, like Zamus. Regardless, he is mainly air-based and the air is not the best place to be in smash.

I think a seperate mode where you could play as bosses only would be good, however. And a third mode where you can play as either, if you're up for a challenge.
I honestly think that after seeing what they did in the Melee opening, Ridley can be easily resized. I also remember that Bowser is pretty out of proportions to the others, because of his size in SM64, SM Galaxy, AND SM Sunshine...for example.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
I honestly think that after seeing what they did in the Melee opening, Ridley can be easily resized. I also remember that Bowser is pretty out of proportions to the others, because of his size in SM64, SM Galaxy, AND SM Sunshine...for example.
I suppose you do have a point with Bowser, but consider: Bowser can't fly. Ridley almost always is, and that creates a big difference, an another thing to consider: Samus is tall compared to Mario. Ridley NEEDS to at least be noticably bigger than her. That means he would also need to exceed Bowser in size, and that brings back the issue of size; He would have an unfair advantage against, say, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Olimar, etc. And his power would not be the only issue with this; his weight and flight would make him nearly impossible to KO.

EDIT: Besides that, Bowser's size seems to change from game to game. Take Mario Party, for instance. His size was about the same as the SSB proportions.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I suppose you do have a point with Bowser, but consider: Bowser can't fly. Ridley almost always is, and that creates a big difference, an another thing to consider: Samus is tall compared to Mario. Ridley NEEDS to at least be noticably bigger than her. That means he would also need to exceed Bowser in size, and that brings back the issue of size; He would have an unfair advantage against, say, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Olimar, etc. And his power would not be the only issue with this; his weight and flight would make him nearly impossible to KO.
Well, look at it this way...first, I thought DDD was bigger than bowser...anyway, Ridley could be made the biggest character in the game by just a little...it's not that bad. All they would have to do is make some flaws in him.

I would say make his power standard, power standard, speed a little low, air control very good, and his range...well...
many of his attacks would go over Olimar. XD

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Well, look at it this way...first, I thought DDD was bigger than bowser...anyway, Ridley could be made the biggest character in the game by just a little...it's not that bad. All they would have to do is make some flaws in him.

I would say make his power standard, power standard, speed a little low, air control very good, and his range...well...
many of his attacks would go over Olimar. XD
Let's settle this right now. No matter what we say, we will always be on the side we are on when it concerns Ridley. I'm pretty sure, anyway. There's no point in debating one character no one's gonna budge on when there are lots of other things we could talk about, like new modes or added... stuff.

The resized Ridley MIGHT work as long as they don't bring back Brinstar Depths (The level with Kraid):psycho:

Off-Topic: I'm glad I finally found a forum where people can debate about things like this without acting like ten-year-olds.

EDIT: Someone earlier asked how Lucario is a Semi-Clone of Mewtwo because they only have one shared move. The answer is, though they only have one shared move, their others are very similar. (Lucario's aura and Mewtwo's dark... psychic... stuff are very similar.)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Let's settle this right now. No matter what we say, we will always be on the side we are on when it concerns Ridley. I'm pretty sure, anyway. There's no point in debating one character no one's gonna budge on when there are lots of other things we could talk about, like new modes or added... stuff.

The resized Ridley MIGHT work as long as they don't bring back Brinstar Depths (The level with Kraid):psycho:

Off-Topic: I'm glad I finally found a forum where people can debate about things like this without acting like ten-year-olds.
^^ Glad to know my opinion can be respected here. Makes me feel like I contribute things, even if I don't.

Anyway, NEXT order of business. I think we should talk about game release.

I BELIEVE we will FIRST HEAR ABOUT THE GAME in....2010 at the earliest, 2012 at the latest...and then we'll wait a few years to get the game.

Edit: Also nice to know still nobody believes I have the ability to debate. ^^" The more they change, the more they stay the same...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I really do fear that if Miyamoto takes control, he'll make the game only playable via motion control :/

Oh, wait. He didn't force it for Mario Kart.

There is hope of a better leader! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom