• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaway12

Smash Master
While I'd love a second smash on the wii I doubt a new smash comes out soon though. The brawl dev team is currently working on a ninja turtles fighter with the team ninja dev team. This means at least 1 1/2 to 2 years till a new smash if they want that dev team from brawl on it.
I would love for it to come out in 2 year but unfortunately I think the new smash game might take longer than 2 years a couple years longer actually did you know how long it took for brawl to be released after melee hopefully it will be released in the next 5 years

oh and MAJORA-787 i think you misunderstood probably because i didn't write out what i thought correctly when i said people don't care about logic i just meant the characters thats all but other than that i do think it's a good idea i just think you could put all the characters from brawl into the game at least, they already would have the same move but tweaked around a bit.... and just so you know i never called you ********

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I heard about that TMNT game and might try it out when it gets released.

I doubt that they could release a whole new Smash without delays unless maybe if it's updated rerelease of Brawl. Previous Nintendo games have usually had delays. Even Animal Crossing: Wild World with a "city" and the Return of the Holidays (Animal Crossing: City Folk) faced delays.

Osi

Smash Ace
I heard about that TMNT game and might try it out when it gets released.

I doubt that they could release a whole new Smash without delays unless maybe if it's updated rerelease of Brawl. Previous Nintendo games have usually had delays. Even Animal Crossing: Wild World with a "city" and the Return of the Holidays (Animal Crossing: City Folk) faced delays.
Lets not forget the horrid delay of twilight princess lol. That one was really bad!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why a separate game is really that necessary. It's not that hard to balance the game for 1v1 no items neutral stages if you actually try to do it, it really wouldn't take up that much time if they actually tried. The game is already balanced for any other forms of combat and nobody cares about balance in luck bonanzas anyway, so that shouldn't be a focus.

I think having two separate games would just upset people that SSB4 mainstream newcomers don't get into the competetive SSB4 and we'll have more arguments over why certain characters should be in over other ones I. E. my infamous Mewtwo > Ice Climbers/Rob/Shiek/Falco/Toon Link
I see your point,.

The reason for the split is becuase the values competitive Smash values are not the same as casual smash. It's hard to keep both in perfect balance.

It's neither an insult nor a compliment. It's just a statement, nothing more. However, despite this, I feel that characters shouldn't be a much different fighter with or without fighters or with 3-4 players involved.
There's a lot to it. See above.

Anyway, those elements are good when you think about it. They can give the player the take it or leave it approach. If the casual crowd will find it useless, they really won't complain much.
I think I hate to hear is "Oh, forget about them. They'll play it anyway." I think they enjoy the balance and fun the game has. Note that Smash does leagues better then the competitive fighting games.
I've noticed that you seem to be very pro-casual. Why not make the game where it is easy to learn, but hard to master? This way, everyone can have whatever flavor of cake they want and enjoy.
I think I'm an idiot. I'm pro-casual yet post on a competitive board. Any who..........
Smash already is easy to learn, hard to master, although more so in Melee then Brawl. Remember that competitive players, much like any hardcore player, will master the content much faster then your average player. It's also a matter of practice which hardcore players do.

WOW has a similar effect that I think will hurt the game. The hardcore players are complaining about a lack of content. They want more. Blizzard is releasing it for them, but the average player gets left in the dust. The whole point of having the cap at 60 was that it was reachable. The way the game is going, the average player won't have fun. The same is what competitive Smash wants Smash to be.
As for attacks in the back being more powerful, why not make some attacks that don't have hitstun be given it through that. Or, how about increasing hitstun? After all, in real life, it usually hurts more to be hit in the back then in the front.
That's one way of thinking of it.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Im not worryed about there not being a next SSB. There will be, to many people love the game. Tell what you guys think of this move set i just thought of it

TOM NOOK

B (like warios B move, when he holds his mouth open) Tom takes out the bug cathing net and holds it up high. When you let go of B, he trys to cathch the charater. If he does, you get damge when your in the net y'all your getting draged of to him. Then you get throw.

B>(like DEDEDs when he throws out the waddes) Tom throws out random items. The items that are being throw would be items from his store from the animal crossing games.

B up( a little bit like olimars pikman chane) Tom takes out the fishing rod and wipes it out in to the air(it can grab on to leges)

B down Tom takes out the shovel. Then he digs a hole, then covers it up. Then when a charater walks by they fall in and get tuck and take damage.

Tell me what you guys think

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Very true, that Down-B needs to be changed, that's like Donkey Kong's Side B but more broken and will be over used because it's like a better version of Snake's Down-B, (C4).

trev94

Smash Journeyman
how about this. Its like warios fart. You can only use it when hes charged. He plants a seed in the ground and when a charater walkes over it a tree shots up from the ground.:bee:

§leepy God

Smash Master
That right there makes him broken:chuckle:
Not really, it depends on how much damage or the game's mech to deside on if this is broken or not. So far, not a lot of talk in this thread about what the game's mech should be. As for me, I don't want them to be the exact same, I want them a little diffrent. Also if that was Tom Nook's move, that should have a time limit on how long can it stay a pitfall, if the time takes too long, it should disappear.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not really, it depends on how much damage or the game's mech to deside on if this is broken or not. So far, not a lot of talk in this thread about what the game's mech should be. As for me, I don't want them to be the exact same, I want them a little diffrent. Also if that was Tom Nook's move, that should have a time limit on how long can it stay a pitfall, if the time takes too long, it should disappear.
The move should also have a lot of starting lag. In other words, the attack takes as long as a fully charged DSmashA takes for Snake.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
They would be removed for the reason that they don't exactly FIGHT in their games, except for Ice Climbers off a technicality.
But aside from the clones, the "wtf"characters are most likely to be removed for a small-roster-ultimate-competition-smash.

People said that before, but did it happen? No. Anyway, Like I said " Sakurai likes classic characters " So, There not getting removed.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I dunno, anywhere from 20 to 35.

I don't want to hear a disagreement for a suggestion, I want to hear an idea of how my idea can be improved.
Um, :laugh: , Change that number to more than brawl. There are far too many characters wanted to lower the amount. I don't care how long it takes for the next smash game to come out. It's about time some producer broke the barrier and went over the line. They better go all out on this game, character-wise, game play wise, story-wise. No more half assing it.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Say although Mewtwo didn't return. Do you think he will most likely be back in SSB4. Because the whole reason he did not come back for Brawl was because of Time Constraints. So it's likely he will return.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, no one is quite certain why Mewtwo was cut. I don't think it had to do with time constraints considering that Mewtwo was the only one of the Seven Deadly Fighters to have all the same file folders as the playable characters.

I think Mewtwo's killer was none other than

THE POKEMON COMPANY!

Sakurai has stated in an interview after Brawl's release that mentions working with the Pokemon Company was rather difficult.

Considering the lost files, I think Mewtwo was kept in until they came in and had him swap out Mewtwo for Lucario.

justaway12

Smash Master

it wasn't the pokemon company that was just a cover up story the real murderer was none other than... SAKURAI

he was extremely distressed because levitating pokemon could not trip mewtwo stood in the way of his plans and he had to get rid of him one way or another the evidence is in the game

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

it wasn't the pokemon company that was just a cover up story the real murderer was none other than... SAKURAI

he was extremely distressed because levitating pokemon could not trip mewtwo stood in the way of his plans and he had to get rid of him one way or another
Of course, with Mewtwo out of the way, Sakurai could have all the tripping he wanted! But this still raises the question, where does Lucario play in all of this?

justaway12

Smash Master
Of course, with Mewtwo out of the way, Sakurai could have all the tripping he wanted! But this still raises the question, where does Lucario play in all of this?
didn't you watch the movie lucario died, my theory is that sakurai ressurected him from dead and take over the gaming world by tripping up the competition and making them delayed so delayed people won't care about the game anymore and make his game delys seem small so small people will think of him as a god and he'll take over the world

If it was because of levitating then why is ROB in Brawl?
R.O.B is a robot working for sakurai he'll do anything for sakurai and besides he doesn't levitate anyway

sakurai didn't stand a ghost of a chance in this case... get it

majora_787

Smash Hero
Um, :laugh: , Change that number to more than brawl. There are far too many characters wanted to lower the amount. I don't care how long it takes for the next smash game to come out. It's about time some producer broke the barrier and went over the line. They better go all out on this game, character-wise, game play wise, story-wise. No more half assing it.
Oh god, there's THREE of you. -_-

Okay that's it.

The ORIGIN of the statement were two people who came up with the idea of ssb4 coming out in two versions. A more competitive version and a more casual version.

It had been suggested by a number of (including me) that the COMPETITIVE version would have fewer characters to lower the amount of time spent programming new ones, and allow more time to focus on the game engine to present fast-paced combat and more balanced characters amongst the ones who stay.

The CASUAL version, in the other half of the idea you apparently ALL skipped over, would retain every character and add a number of other characters to bring it up to anything from 45 to 60 characters. There would also be the same or a little changed version of the brawl physics engine. That way there would be more time to worry about making characters, adding extras like trophies stickers and target breaking games, and improve the adventure mode.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
didn't you watch the movie lucario died, my theory is that sakurai ressurected him from dead and take over the gaming world by tripping up the competition and making them delayed so delayed people won't care about the game anymore and make his game delys seem small so small people will think of him as a god and he'll take over the world

R.O.B is a robot working for sakurai he'll do anything for sakurai and besides he doesn't levitate anyway

sakurai didn't stand a ghost of a chance... get it
What Lucario died in a movie. How???? Poor Coyote.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What Lucario died in a movie. How???? Poor Coyote.
COYOTE? I always thought he looked like Anubis somewhat, so I thought he was like a dingo or a jackel or something. I dunno. Or maybe a weird dog. But yeah, I remember that we had to watch it to take pieces out of it for a school assignment we were doing for the "smash club."

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@KumaOso:Logic would say your theory is dead wrong.

How is it that Mewtwo was up until the end and then replaced when Lucario also has a lost music file. It wouldn't make sence.

Also, people forget this fact: LUCARIO WAS HIGHLY REQUEST. HE GOT IN BECAUSE HE WAS POPULAR. This is Jigglypuff all over again, and everyone was wrong about her too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Whatever, And you're wrong, It was not. :ohwell:
If it wasn't, then you shouldn't act like I'm saying "I hope they cut the characters down to 16-20 for SSB4!!" I was coming up with suggestions for a good idea. SOMEWHAT. I think it would be a good idea to just form two smash teams to work on both at the same time. -_-

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@KumaOso:Logic would say your theory is dead wrong.

How is it that Mewtwo was up until the end and then replaced when Lucario also has a lost music file. It wouldn't make sence.

Also, people forget this fact: LUCARIO WAS HIGHLY REQUEST. HE GOT IN BECAUSE HE WAS POPULAR. This is Jigglypuff all over again, and everyone was wrong about her too.
For crying out loud, we were having fun. No need to get all anal. We all know Lucario was and is still popular.

majora_787

Smash Hero
For crying out loud, we were having fun. No need to get all anal. We all know Lucario was and is still popular.
......Not to me, I hate him. Why couldn't they have cut JIGGLYPUFF and added Lucario?

Okay anyway, not going there. I guess he is GENERALLY popular despite my feelings of violent anger toward his face. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I would be proud and honoured to continue my support for Geno. This denial Canadian fan by the name of Foz shall never quit.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
i just want the name to be SSBS...Strife!
Impossible. Sorry.

On the back of the ssb64 box, the word melee appears.
On the back of melee, the world brawl appears
On the back of brawl....the only fit word i see is collide.

Tradition MUST STAND

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
I think it was the time constraints that caused Mewtwo to be cut. I haven't been here much (I just signed up today, after all) but from what I've seen around the internet, Mewtwo is a very popular character, not to mention there's his incomplete folder. But, this thread isn't about Brawl, it's about SSB4 predictions SO, I'm leaving that alone now.

Anyway, I think that in SSB4 they should keep all the Melee and Brawl characters. I can't stand it when a character from a series' previous game is cut, it really just kills the game for me.

Newcomers I would like are:

Geno
B- Geno Beam (Chargeable)
Side B- Geno Whirl (Pressing B exactly .0000001 seconds before it hits=instant KO)
Down B- Geno Blast (Like Pikachu's Thunder)
Up B- Geno Boost (Like Extreme Speed)
Final Smash- Geno Flash (Hold B to increase power)

Dark Samus
B- Scatter Shot (Tons of tiny Phazon Bullets, like Bullet Seed but forward instead of up)
Side B- Phazon Missile (No Super Missile)
Down B- Phazon Shield (Like on Metroid Prime 2)
Up B- Screw Attack (More power than Samus', but doesn't go up as high)
Final Smash- Metroid Prime (Kind of like Giga Bowser)

Toon Zelda (Sorry, other than Down B, she would be a clone. Blame the Zelda series for not giving her more moves.)
B- Nayru's Love
Side B- Din's Fire
Up B- Farore's Wind
Down B- Tetra (Transform)
Final Smash- Light Arrow

Tetra (At least she isn't an EXACT clone of Sheik)
B- Bomb
Side B- Chain
Up B- Grappling Hook (Like on Wind Waker)
Down B- Toon Zelda (Transform)
Final Smash- Light Arrow

Toon Ganon
B- Warlock Punch
Side B- Sword Dance (Like Marth + Roy's Side B in Melee)
Up B- Levitate
Down B- Magic Sphere
Final Smash- Helmaroc King (The giant bird from Wind Waker, similar to an Assist Trophy but much stronger.)

Mega Man
B- Charge Shot (Have to hold B to charge it)
Side B- Super Knuckle
Up B- Rush Coil (Like Sonic's Spring Jump)
Down B- Mega Kick
Final Smash- Hyper Mega Man

Clefairy: (I just like my idea for her Final Smash, mainly.)
B- Scratch
Side B- Double Slap
Up B- Sing
Down B- Rest (unlike Jigglypuff's, recovers damage if she is not hit before she wakes up)
Final Smash- Metronome (Does any random character's Final Smash. They do not have to be on the field at the moment to use their final smash)

Raichu: (We already have the other two evolutions, why not?)
B- Thunder Jolt
Side B- Skull Bash
Up B- Agility
Down B- Thunder

Plusle & Minun
B- Double Thunder Jolt
Side B- Double Iron Tail
Up B- Helping Hand (Like Ice Climber's Up B, but instead of a rope, the one who is cpu controlled tosses the one you're using)
Down B- Switch (Plusle is stronger, Minun is faster)

Mii:
Mii's moveset can be customized for each individual Mii you have by giving them the attacks of other characters. Size/Weight/Voice changes based on Mii channel data, like on Mario Kart Wii. With a USB microphone, you can record your own voice for use with the Mii, but your voice would not be heard online.

Veterans' changes/additions:

Dr. Mario:
Final Smash- Check-Up (Throws pills everywhere randomly OR could be a combo like Triforce Slash)

Pichu:
Side B- Thunder Shock
Final Smash- Volt Tackle

Mewtwo:
Final Smash- Whims of Water (The storm he created during the first movie)

Roy:
Final Smash- Final Flare Blade (charges continually until someone comes into range, then hits automatically)

Young Link:
B- Slingshot
Final Smash- Fierce Deity

Toon Link (If he's even there WITH Young Link. I don't care either way, as long as there is one of them.)
B- Fire/Ice Arrow (Random)
Final Smash- Ballad of Gales (Giant Tornado traps opponents inside, like Meta Knight's but much bigger and stronger.)

Falco-
Final Smash- Arwing (He DOES prefer the air!)

Zamus-
Final Smash- Ship (Calls her ship. You fly it around the stage and bomb people, while Zamus stays in one spot. Landing it beside her before time is up makes her go inside and put her suit on, while recovering some damage)

Ness:
Final Smash- PK Rockin'

Pikachu:
Side B- Iron Tail

No random tripping, and the ability to turn certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs On/Off would be good. Also, more customization for custom stages, like the ability to add water or lava.

Oh, and the name could be changed to Ultra Smash Bros. Then after that could be Ultra Smash Bros. Melee and Ultra Smash Bros. Brawl.

Eh, I had a lot more to type, but I forgot a lot of it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think it was the time constraints that caused Mewtwo to be cut. I haven't been here much (I just signed up today, after all) but from what I've seen around the internet, Mewtwo is a very popular character, not to mention there's his incomplete folder. But, this thread isn't about Brawl, it's about SSB4 predictions SO, I'm leaving that alone now.

Anyway, I think that in SSB4 they should keep all the Melee and Brawl characters. I can't stand it when a character from a series' previous game is cut, it really just kills the game for me.

Newcomers I would like are:

Geno
B- Geno Beam (Chargeable)
Side B- Geno Whirl (Pressing B exactly .0000001 seconds before it hits=instant KO)
Down B- Geno Blast (Like Pikachu's Thunder)
Up B- Geno Boost (Like Extreme Speed)
Final Smash- Geno Flash (Hold B to increase power)

Dark Samus
B- Scatter Shot (Tons of tiny Phazon Bullets, like Bullet Seed but forward instead of up)
Side B- Phazon Missile (No Super Missile)
Down B- Phazon Shield (Like on Metroid Prime 2)
Up B- Screw Attack (More power than Samus', but doesn't go up as high)
Final Smash- Metroid Prime (Kind of like Giga Bowser)

Toon Zelda (Sorry, other than Down B, she would be a clone. Blame the Zelda series for not giving her more moves.)
B- Nayru's Love
Side B- Din's Fire
Up B- Farore's Wind
Down B- Tetra (Transform)
Final Smash- Light Arrow

Tetra (At least she isn't an EXACT clone of Sheik)
B- Bomb
Side B- Chain
Up B- Grappling Hook (Like on Wind Waker)
Down B- Toon Zelda (Transform)
Final Smash- Light Arrow

Toon Ganon
B- Warlock Punch
Side B- Sword Dance (Like Marth + Roy's Side B in Melee)
Up B- Levitate
Down B- Magic Sphere
Final Smash- Helmaroc King (The giant bird from Wind Waker, similar to an Assist Trophy but much stronger.)

Mega Man
B- Charge Shot (Have to hold B to charge it)
Side B- Super Knuckle
Up B- Rush Coil (Like Sonic's Spring Jump)
Down B- Mega Kick
Final Smash- Hyper Mega Man

Clefairy: (I just like my idea for her Final Smash, mainly.)
B- Scratch
Side B- Double Slap
Up B- Sing
Down B- Rest (unlike Jigglypuff's, recovers damage if she is not hit before she wakes up)
Final Smash- Metronome (Does any random character's Final Smash. They do not have to be on the field at the moment to use their final smash)

Raichu: (We already have the other two evolutions, why not?)
B- Thunder Jolt
Side B- Skull Bash
Up B- Agility
Down B- Thunder

Plusle & Minun
B- Double Thunder Jolt
Side B- Double Iron Tail
Up B- Helping Hand (Like Ice Climber's Up B, but instead of a rope, the one who is cpu controlled tosses the one you're using)
Down B- Switch (Plusle is stronger, Minun is faster)

Mii:
Mii's moveset can be customized for each individual Mii you have by giving them the attacks of other characters. Size/Weight/Voice changes based on Mii channel data, like on Mario Kart Wii. With a USB microphone, you can record your own voice for use with the Mii, but your voice would not be heard online.

Veterans' changes/additions:

Dr. Mario:
Final Smash- Check-Up (Throws pills everywhere randomly OR could be a combo like Triforce Slash)

Pichu:
Side B- Thunder Shock
Final Smash- Volt Tackle

Mewtwo:
Final Smash- Whims of Water (The storm he created during the first movie)

Roy:
Final Smash- Final Flare Blade (charges continually until someone comes into range, then hits automatically)

Young Link:
B- Slingshot
Final Smash- Fierce Deity

Toon Link (If he's even there WITH Young Link. I don't care either way, as long as there is one of them.)
B- Fire/Ice Arrow (Random)
Final Smash- Ballad of Gales (Giant Tornado traps opponents inside, like Meta Knight's but much bigger and stronger.)

Falco-
Final Smash- Arwing (He DOES prefer the air!)

Zamus-
Final Smash- Ship (Calls her ship. You fly it around the stage and bomb people, while Zamus stays in one spot. Landing it beside her before time is up makes her go inside and put her suit on, while recovering some damage)

Ness:
Final Smash- PK Rockin'

Pikachu:
Side B- Iron Tail

No random tripping, and the ability to turn certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs On/Off would be good. Also, more customization for custom stages, like the ability to add water or lava.

Oh, and the name could be changed to Ultra Smash Bros. Then after that could be Ultra Smash Bros. Melee and Ultra Smash Bros. Brawl.

Eh, I had a lot more to type, but I forgot a lot of it.
All of these ideas rock. I especially like Whims of Water. :bee: And I guess Super Smash Bros. Collision sounds okay... (Above)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Mewtwo's FS would be it creating a wavy radius of psychic energy around it, with a range as large as Shadow's AT Chaos Control, f***ing up every player's control scheme. The control scheme won't simply be reversed, it'll be random. Up may be left, left may be down, A may be shield, Z may be tap jump...

The closer you are to Mewtwo when it activates this FS, the more damage you take. The damage will be instantaneous like Peach's FS, not accumulative Like Luigi's FS.

Very close to Mewtwo: 50% (control effects last 30 seconds)
Spaced from Mewtwo: 40% (control effects last 30 seconds)
Farther from Mewtwo: 35% control effects last 20 seconds)
Almost completely out of range: 15% (control effects last 10 seconds)

I call this FS "Psychokinesis".

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
I thank you for what you did for Mewtwo, I NEVER came up with something that awesome for him. I forgot about the movie. So what does it do then?
Winds randomly try blowing people offstage while thunder strikes down in random places. :D
Sorry if it's a bit overkill, but Mewtwo is favorite character, with his only competition being Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom