• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm not from the SBR, and I've never seen it from inside, so, wrong.

Yeah. 'cause everyone here is from North America! Even the Europeans and Asians!

A mistake would be if he would've hit the Quote-button instead of the Edit-button. But he replied normally, so it wasn't a mistake. And yes, I would love to see double-posters like this one die, but that's just me.

As someone whose native language is NOT English, I have to say: It's spelled "sarcasm".
Don’t bash my grammar or spelling, because I really don’t care, I didn’t post here to question your intelligence, nor do I expect you to be able to question mine.

as for you replying to each thing I said, YOU REPLYED TO SARCASIM
~-'lol'-~

i never said you where from the BR, and that’s my point, your trying to enforce rules you have no right to, your just trying to push people around (much like a LOT of the people from Brawls threads) you said do this again and you’ll be reported....

WHY NOT REPORT THEM RIGHT AWAY IF YOU FEEL THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG

Get off the high horse, its high

BTW dont reply to this, or youll be wasting your time, i will not even take your replys into consieration, theres no point

im just here for the lulz (and to make fun of Bralwers who think they are cool xP)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
your trying to enforce rules you have no right to, your just trying to push people around (much like a LOT of the people from Brawls threads) you said do this again and you’ll be reported....
So, I'd have no right to tell you that killing people is against the law? Just because I'm no police officer?

WHY NOT REPORT THEM RIGHT AWAY IF YOU FEEL THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG
CAPS MAKES YOU MORE IMPORTANT.
Because I think it's polite to first inform a person about that they're violating the rules and that they should stop it, or otherwise they may have problems with moderators.

BTW dont reply to this, or youll be wasting your time, i will not even take your replys into consieration, theres no point
I don't care. I'm being bored at work, because nothing's to do.

im just here for the lulz (and to make fun of Bralwers who think they are cool xP)
Obvious troll is obvious. You, Sir, WILL be reported right away~

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Character wise I wouldn't mind mega man, maybe masterchief (unfortunately snake would either have to go or they would need very different moves) I like the idea of a dark samus, hey why not throw in a final fantasy character too lol maybe Sqall... just a few names that would be cool but not likely to see

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Character wise I wouldn't mind mega man, maybe masterchief (unfortunately snake would either have to go or they would need very different moves) I like the idea of a dark samus, hey why not throw in a final fantasy character too lol maybe Sqall... just a few names that would be cool but not likely to see
That's what I was thinking. Master Chief would be freaking awesome despite the fact that his chances of being in there are slim to none.

In my point of view, for the game to be legendary status, it would have to have the holy trinity while retaining Sonic and Snake.

Master Chief, Sephiroth, and Yoda. I know Cloud has more of a chance than Sephiroth, but still. Don't judge!

Master Chief can be a whole lot different than Snake. He can use the Bubble Shield (deflect projectiles), Plasma Pistol (like ZZS's Paralyzer in terms of charging but with knock back), Saber (Sonic's homing with crazy knock back), Brute Hammer (DK's Headbutt), Covenant air lift (Sonic's Spring), Plasma Grenade (like Gooey Bomb).

Special: Plasma Pistol
Smash Special: Plasma Grenade
Down Special: Bubble Shield
Up Special: Covenant Air-Lift

Smash: Brute Hammer
Up Smash: ?
Down Smash:?

Z-Air: Saber

How I'd love to hear Cortana say "Cheif, good job." in one of his victory poses.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, this thread just got hit by a brain tumor. Neither Bungie, nor Square, will ever be in Smash Bros. Face it. Nintendo will never pay them the money. Especially if the character never appeared on Nintendo.

MegaMan is a possibility. Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are not. Rare disbanded from Nintendo.

Everybody needs to remember this.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well, this thread just got hit by a brain tumor. Neither Bungie, nor Square, will ever be in Smash Bros. Face it. Nintendo will never pay them the money. Especially if the character never appeared on Nintendo.

MegaMan is a possibility. Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are not. Rare disbanded from Nintendo.

Everybody needs to remember this.
Somebody needs to lean how to understand what they read.

That's what I was thinking. Master Chief would be freaking awesome despite the fact that his chances of being in there are slim to none.
Square-Enix is possible.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I want all the previous characters, a character like G&W and R.O.B, a 3rd part would be nice, but Mega/Bomberman making most sense, a villain for the series that don't have any, and a new game series (possibly animal crossing or ouendan).
That's all I want in terms of the roster size.
Each series should have at least 2 levels, one for the main character, and one for the villain.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a ton of ideas I'd love to share with this but I promised myself I wouldn't talk about most of them until I beat Brawl 100% (stupid stickers). Regardless, the characters I want playable the most for SSB4:

1. Geno
2. Megaman
3. Ridley
4. Krystal
5. Takamaru
6. Captain Syrup if she ends up becoming a main-stay character again.
7. Isaac if a Golden Sun 3 is ever released.

That's all right at the moment.

Kal

Smash Champion
I want the game to be worth playing competitively, unlike Brawl.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why?

@Kal:
WILL YOU PEOPLE FINALLY SHUT UP?! Seriously, it's so effing annoying that you "competitive players" whine in EVERY possibility about how Brawl is not Melee. Well, no crap, it's guess what: Another game!

Seriously, cut it out! Accept what you have and don't mourn.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
You mean chracters like Dr. Mario that might be a waste of a rouster? And what do you mean by chracters like Mr. Game & Watch and ROB?

Roy, Mewtwo and Pichu all deserve another chance if Sakurai was to give them original movesets. Dr Mario should come back as a costume for Mario, and we've got Toon Link.

I mean really obscure characters, like R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, Baloon Fighter, Lip etc.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Roy, Mewtwo and Pichu all deserve another chance if Sakurai was to give them original movesets. Dr Mario should come back as a costume for Mario, and we've got Toon Link.

QUOTE]

Mewtwo had an original moveset. Can't argue about Dr. Mario and Pichu though...
Whoops, left out roy... original moves for him too, I guess... never play as him...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

I mean really obscure characters, like R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, Baloon Fighter, Lip etc.
Ok, as long as they don't have no joke chracters to begin with.

And the obsure chracters, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 points for Lip being said by you. I would add more but that would be crazy. XD

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Character wants for SSB4.

1: Mewtwo. Bring him Back! (Powered up moveset and an overall improvement: as should've been done in Brawl.)

2: A non-clone Ganondorf. What does Nintendo's version of Sauron have in common with a space age racer from the future?!

3: Midna/Wolf Link. Characters that really should've been in. You want a very unique character? Here it is...

4: Ridley. Nothing is to be said about him being too big. Olimar's too small, but he's there!

5: Dark Samus. Why not? She/it is Samus's most powerful foe, and anyone who has played MP2 and 3 knows that DS would not be a clone if done right...

6: Geno. I know, I know... but it has to be said... :p

7: Mallow. Another unique character, but I think he would be slanted towards specials...

8: Megaman. No explanation is needed...

9: King K. Rool. DK needs a villian!

10: Dixie Kong. A tag team with Diddy maybe? Or possibly... Kiddy...? (Shudders)

11: Kaptain K. Rool. Probably not, since he's got a gun...

12: Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario. With the paintbrush, clearly not a Bowser clone.

13: Krystal. Star fox needs a fighter that doesn't have a blaster, reflector, ect. With the staff, looking at a cool and unique fighter...

Stage wants.

1: Two words: Bowser's Castle.

2: How about Duck Hunt?

3: A Super Mario Galaxy level. Wanna make FD look like nothing? There you go!

3: A level from MP2. Dark Aether/ Light Aether?

4: A level from MP3... Phazze?

5: Dinosaur Planet.

6: Mewtwo's Arena.

Assist trophies.

1: Rambi.

2: V-Joe.

Misc.

A completely vammped stage builder. A revammed story mode that has voice acting, or subtitles at the very least. No clone Final Smashes: this means two of the three Landmaster tanks must go! ...Not to mention the Links... I think that's it for now...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If someone say Lip, Viper goes nuts. -_-;
Shhh, you can't say that out loud. XD

Sure does.

Hey, Viper, how many points to I get for making Lip a moveset in Make Your Move?

And 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 point's as a bonus. :D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

QUOTE]

Mewtwo had an original moveset. Can't argue about Dr. Mario and Pichu though...
I don't know why I put Mewtwo XD. I was just putting the characters who had been left out.
However Mewtwo can only get better if certain aspects are changed (especially speed and his move that makes the ooponents sleep if you look at them). Sorry, I forgot the name of that move, is it his Down or Side B.

Ok, as long as they don't have no joke chracters to begin with.

And the obsure chracters, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 points for Lip being said by you. I would add more but that would be crazy. XD

Thanks for the points there. :bee:
I agree that you should have to unlock them, and they should be harder to unlock than they were on Brawl.
I would have suggested the characters from Shin Onigashima (Donbe and Hikari???), but they could end up being Ice Climber clones, and also, what about Takamaru?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Why?

I still have no valid reason for Geno to be included in Smash. *points at sig*
Because he is a cult classic character from an iconic game in Nintendo history. The same (or less) could be said for characters like the ICs and ROB. There is no defining rule that says which characters are allowed in Smash and which characters aren't.

As long as there is at least some group that wants him in, Geno is a viable character choice.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Because he is a cult classic character from an iconic game in Nintendo history. The same (or less) could be said for characters like the ICs and ROB. There is no defining rule that says which characters are allowed in Smash and which characters aren't.

As long as there is at least some group that wants him in, Geno is a viable character choice.
Super Mario RPG is not from Nintendo. Geno is not from Nintendo, either. He's a semi-generic character from a not so well known game, and he doesn't stand out much from other characters. And he's not from Nintendo.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Right. Geno is property of Square, and Square will never budge for silly Smash Bros.

The hype about Geno is his "uniqueness" in the Mario realm. He lives on Star Road, has a [potentially] OHKO spell called Geno Whirl.

...which...brings me to an idea.

New Stage: Star Road :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Uniqueness? I'd call Mallow being more unique. Or Cackletta. Prof. E. Gadd. Hell, even the Shroobs are more unique than Geno. And better looking, as well, all of them.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I don't know why I put Mewtwo XD. I was just putting the characters who had been left out.
However Mewtwo can only get better if certain aspects are changed (especially speed and his move that makes the ooponents sleep if you look at them). Sorry, I forgot the name of that move, is it his Down or Side B.

"Disable" is the name of that move. Yes, as far as i'm concerned, that move shouldn't be a part of Mewtwo's moveset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadefox
Why?

You want a reply in good english? Ok, I'll give it a shot lol.
Geno should be in a smash game because of his enduring popularity, for one. He's only been in one game, and yet people have wanted him in SSB (Or even a second game.) for years. Based off of SMRPG, he's got great moveset potential, even if he's not very pretty to look at. (Kinda like a badly animated Pinoccio.) To be fair though, Mallow should also be given a shot... I left him off of my list didn't I? Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWarlord
Refresh me as to why you're posting in here, Spadefox?

K. ROOL FOR SSB4

Anyone who doesn't agree is a biased bigot who knows nothing. That is all.

LOL! Don't know about the "bigot" thing, but King K. Rool for SSB4 has my support.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Why?

You want a reply in good english? Ok, I'll give it a shot lol.
Geno should be in a smash game because of his enduring popularity, for one. He's only been in one game, and yet people have wanted him in SSB (Or even a second game.) for years. Based off of SMRPG, he's got great moveset potential, even if he's not very pretty to look at. (Kinda like a badly animated Pinoccio.) To be fair though, Mallow should also be given a shot... I left him off of my list didn't I? Oops...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@Shadowball2: No Double posting, and absolutely no Triple posting. Just edit your post, K.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Based off of SMRPG, he's got great moveset potential
Based on what I've seen in the past 2 MYM contests, he obviously doesn't.

There have been 3 Shadows (the Hedgehog), 2 Lips, 3 Soras, 2 Masterchiefs, and whatnot of multiple entries, however, I've never seen Geno pop up. EVER. Which means? Right, noone is able to think of how to make him work! Cause all he does is casting a few spells. Woo. A few names of Nintendo-characters who aren't included, but are doing the same:

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Dorocche (Kirby)
Princia Ramode (F-Zero)
Spade (F-Zero - and yes, my nickname's partly based on that character)
Tons of Fire Emblem characters
Practically every Golden Sun character
All characters from Magical Vacation and Magical Starsign
Kamek (Mario/Yoshi)
Many of the MOTHER series (mainly Paula, as Ness and Lucas are already in - that they're psychics, no spellcasters, is a minor detail here)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Several characters from Zelda
and, kinda, a few Pokémon

You see, there are actually quite a lot of 1st- or 2nd-Party characters who actually are spellcasters (or similar "classes"), and should be put into the queue before Geno should even be considered.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Based on what I've seen in the past 2 MYM contests, he obviously doesn't.

There have been 3 Shadows (the Hedgehog), 2 Lips, 3 Soras, 2 Masterchiefs, and whatnot of multiple entries, however, I've never seen Geno pop up. EVER. Which means? Right, noone is able to think of how to make him work! Cause all he does is casting a few spells. Woo. A few names of Nintendo-characters who aren't included, but are doing the same:

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Dorocche (Kirby)
Princia Ramode (F-Zero)
Spade (F-Zero - and yes, my nickname's partly based on that character)
Tons of Fire Emblem characters
Practically every Golden Sun character
All characters from Magical Vacation and Magical Starsign
Kamek (Mario/Yoshi)
Many of the MOTHER series (mainly Paula, as Ness and Lucas are already in - that they're psychics, no spellcasters, is a minor detail here)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Several characters from Zelda
and, kinda, a few Pokémon

You see, there are actually quite a lot of 1st- or 2nd-Party characters who actually are spellcasters (or similar "classes"), and should be put into the queue before Geno should even be considered.
LOL. You win. i surrender in the face of your very long list...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, it's all I could think of from scratch, I'm pretty sure I missed some. Especially in the Paper Mario series, which I didn't play a lot (unfortunately).

Even though I know that Princia or Dorocche most likely never will see Smash as playable characters, I'd still put those inhouse characters in front of any pretty minor 3rd party character.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Maybe the Geno fans just aren't involved in MYM? Just because he doesn't have a moveset there doesn't mean he isn't popular.

AND FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, HE IS A LARGELY CONSIDERED A NINTENDO CHARACTER, HE IS JUST OWNED BY SQUARE! Sakurai has said so himself. He will never appear on anything other than a Nintendo console. By that logic, Sonic and Snake are not important to Nintendo at all, and don't belong in Smash.

Nobody is going to change your opinion if your openly biased against him. The fact is that he is very plausible, but isn't necessarily everyone's first choice.

Dumah

Smash Cadet
My wishlist for Brawl is pretty simple. A few new characters, new AI, and balance. That's really it.

Characters I want:

Earthworm Jim
Viewtiful Joe
1 Battletoad

AI changing:

It's without saying, horrid. Too many perfect shields and inhuman like reactions. Bad recovery that is always spikeable. Very dodgy and hardly ever attacks you, then once you get to 100% or so, it's mostly f-smahses. And a pack mentality of killing you first. This needs to be fixed big time.

Balance:

In short, camping, spamming, and chain grabs/infinies need huge adjustment. So do many characters in the game. As well as items.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
My wishlist for Brawl is pretty simple. A few new characters, new AI, and balance. That's really it.

Characters I want:

Earthworm Jim
Viewtiful Joe
1 Battletoad

AI changing:

It's without saying, horrid. Too many perfect shields and inhuman like reactions. Bad recovery that is always spikeable. Very dodgy and hardly ever attacks you, then once you get to 100% or so, it's mostly f-smahses. And a pack mentality of killing you first. This needs to be fixed big time.

Balance:

In short, camping, spamming, and chain grabs/infinies need huge adjustment. So do many characters in the game. As well as items.
Dear God don't mention that game XD
I could never get past the 2nd level when you went down that tunnel, then went on the hover bikes.
I'd like to see Viewtiful Joe though, or at least a new game with him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom